/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Husbando Edition

>Upcoming Releases:

swbooks.net/updates/release-2018.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars Rebels S4E10/11: "Jedi Night/DUME" (Mon 19)
Doctor Aphra #17 (Wed 21)

>Star Wars Rebels Mid-Season 4 Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=-jWIDwq44ZI

>Rebels Recon: Jedi Night & DUME
youtube.com/watch?v=gapXiLIYifI

>Solo: A Star Wars Story Official Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs

>Solo: A Star Wars Story TV Spot
youtube.com/watch?v=9Szts88zY4o

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing
>>

Other urls found in this thread:

schedule.sxsw.com/2018/films/127064
yakfaceforums.com/main/2018/02/21/new-lucasfilm-filings-for-star-wars-resistance/
youtube.com/watch?v=4Lfcry5-L6M
youtube.com/watch?v=X6Fi2eQRv4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for Rian is /ourguy/

>not eating cheetos with a fork

schedule.sxsw.com/2018/films/127064
>2 hour 15 minute making of documentary
BTSKINO RETURNS

Greetings, my name is Eli Vanto.

I’m a 27 year old Junior Ensign (low ranking navy officer for you civilians). I categorize supply inventories on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my translations and using superior Chiss strategies. (Deception, Stealth, doing whatever Thrawn says)

I train with my Nssis-class starfighter every day, this superior ship can cut clean through X-wings because its blasters are charged over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other starship in the galaxy. I earned my officer commission two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Sy Bisti fluently, both Local and the Trade dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Chiss history and their Non-Aggression Law, which I follow 100%

When I get my Ascendancy visa, I am moving to Csilla to attend a prestigious Academy to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become a Grand Admiral for the Chiss Expansionary Defense Fleet or an ace pilot!

I own several military uniforms, which I wear around Coruscant. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to the Ascendancy, so I can fit in easier. I observe the increasing facial heat of my neighbors and acquaintances and speak Sy Bisti as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in the Unknown Regions!

Any recommended audio books? I hear Ashoka is read by her voice actress

>Rian likes the prequels and frequently watched them while making TLJ

Where does this "Disney bans the prequels" meme come from again?

Thrawn
Aftermath because it is the only tolerable way to get through it
catalyst for GAALLLEENNNNN

>Wish me luck in the Unknown Regions!

Honestly genius for using chopsticks

Filoni looked so sad in the last Rebels Recon

Should we send him a postcard or something

How is that image Star Wars Related?

>Rian likes the prequels and the original trilogy but doesn't include any of their aliens in Canto Bight.
>Rian likes the prequels yet doesn't include any prequel tier fight choreography
>Rian likes the prequels yet shits on the Chosen One Prophecy. JJ shares the blame on that one as well.

Name a more iconic duo.
I'll wait

Reminder that OOM-9 is the superior droid

Based post.

Reminder this cunt is dead. And was raped and killed by Fox. Canon.

That's pretty hot.

Reminder Fox is dead

>Rian likes the prequels and the original trilogy but doesn't include any of their aliens in Canto Bight.
this is a childish criticism
>Rian likes the prequels yet doesn't include any prequel tier fight choreography
so?
>Rian likes the prequels yet shits on the Chosen One Prophecy. JJ shares the blame on that one as well.
explain this

Kind of sucks for all the Rogue One actors that they will only ever be in one SW movie

yeah as great as Mendelsohn and Mikkelsen were in their roles, I do kinda feel like they were wasted being put in 1 movie where they're killed off at the end. Especially Mads, since he only really had like 4 scenes

No wonder Vader killed him. She was his to destroy.

:^)
Reading Catalyst made me want more. That flashback scene was like edging in the worst way

I'm watching The Crown and the episodes with Stephen Daldry directing are incredible but I do feel like he'd be more suited for a young Leia movie than an Obi-Wan Kenobi standalone

Who said Fox was her first time.

This, unironically. Those two acted like better imperial friends than most and didn't turn on each other to save their skin at the last moment. I was honestly expecting Aresko to throw Grint under the bus once Tarkin arrived, but was somewhat happy that he didn't.

Well it's a good thing he isn't making an Obi-Wan Kenobi standalone then.

They can't both kill her. Right?

But they can gang bang.

>this is a childish criticism
Good thing Star Wars is for children
>so
Lightsaber duels are a important and favorite part of Star Wars films as are space battles and shootouts. Johnson failed at every single one of these.
>Explain this
The chosen one prophecy doesn't mean anything since it didn't bring balance to the force. Darksiders as powerful as Sith rose up anyway. The force creates new strong members of either side of the force to keep balance

The marketing for TFA

Should have been the Star Forge.

I'm not even an eufag

Should've just been damage a fixed over the course of the 2 movies.

what would have been an actual subversion of expectations was if they build up to starkiller base after 3 movies but it was just a big fake, like the decoy army the allies used when invading france answering the question of how the imperial remnant could afford a bigger death star
they couldnt

JJ actually likes the prequels and we were memed into believing he didn't for years.

The Star Forge is an underrated superweapon desu

Star Wars: Resistance

>Yakfacereports that Lucasfilm has filed several trademarks for merchandiseunder the nameStar Wars: Resistance, hinting that it could be the name of a potential new show, perhapsRebels’ animated successor

yakfaceforums.com/main/2018/02/21/new-lucasfilm-filings-for-star-wars-resistance/

>On my routine searches today I found that Lucasfilm has four new registrations revolving around “Star Wars Resistance”. Could they be for a new series, comic, game or other venture? Time will tell but until more is known, click on through for a breakdown of what each filing covers.

>87801117– Toys, games and playthings; gymnastic and sporting articles (except clothing); hand-held units for playing electronic games for use with or without an external display screen or monitor; skins for covering and protecting apparatus; paper party favors; paper party hats; Christmas stockings; Christmas tree ornaments and decorations; snow globes
>87801037– Clothing, footwear and headwear
>87800997–Paper and paper articles; cardboard and cardboard articles; printed matter; publications; books; photographs; portraits; paintings; photo-engravings; stationery; office and school supplies; school supply kits; temporary tattoo transfers; foam stamps; party bags; plastic sandwich bags; shopping bags

>just keep pumping dem star destroyers out, new republic won't even know what hit em

You mean he memed us into believing it, since the reason we all came to that conclusion was his attitude towards the prequels during the leadup to TFA. So apparently even though he actually likes them, he was willing to play to anti-prequel sentiment for the sake of hyping the movie.

>this is a childish criticism
Maybe but the alien game in the ST is really fucking weak, especially since they couldn't even be arsed to have some resistance people be painted blue or pink or even green.

The Supremacy is a Starforge that can move

Why can't the first order just be mandalorians that start a civil war within the republic?

In a way I think that's honestly worse. If he genuinely didn't like the prequels at least he'd be sincere. Instead it turns out he was pretending just so he could pander to the OT-only fans.

>8 minutes ago I smoked the fattest joint in the galaxy, come at me Sheev

Rian only pandered to himself and you saw what happens

There was a rumor during the early discussion of a Boba Fett movie that they'd kill Fett at the start of the movie and have the film be about someone else that just takes the armor and uses the name. It was said this was an effort by Disney to remove references to the prequels by killing off the clone of Jango.

I hate that the First Order is just Empire 2 but I'll take that over more Mandowank.

What was funny was that the justification behind the rumor was that Joe Johnston was directing and was incredibly mad at how the prequels "ruined" the character he helped design, so this was him "correcting" the mistake.

But this, like all of LatinoReview's weird rumors, turned out to have no basis in anything and was just made up for clickbait.

to be fair if I was directing a Boba Fett movie I wouldn't cast the kid who played him in Attack of the Clones or Temura Morrison because neither of them are good actors

Logan's a bad actor but what's your beef with Morrison?

Post cool blasters

He isn't white

I feel like the first order is a really cool concept but executed terribly.

I love the idea of a terrorist from the unknown regions organization based around the empire. The problem is that they made them just as big as the original empire so any bit of originality is thrown out the window.

If it was up to me, I'd tweak the designs of their Storm troopers and put more emphasis on how small of a group they really are. Tone down Snoke and do away with either the surpremacy or Starkiller Base. One is fine, both is too much. If they were to stick with Starkiller though, I'd also insist they bring down the size. Infact, make it smaller than the death star. Some sort of weird small death star prototype that is clearly thrown together without any of the thought or might that went into making the death star.
You.cojld even still have it destroy entire systems, but at the cost that it self destructs after firing or something. It should be evident that the first order really has no idea what they are doing compared to the empire, but in a way are just as great of a threat.

You sound gay.

Best set of guns with the best sound in the galaxy.

I'm sure they would have cast a third man a young(er) Fett.

You sound minoritized

he's really flat in his line delivery and wouldn't be able to carry a movie on his own. Also casting him as his son is stupid anyway and I don't know why George changed the original voice in the Special Editions. Like I get it, but it's needlessly confusing to people who don't realize that Boba Fett is a clone of Jango who is different from all the other clones because Jango wanted a son or whatever.
Man, Attack of the Clones is so fucking weird.

I really hated the changed voice in the special edition, it doesn't help that he literally phoned it in.

not him but i could masturbate to Morrison's voice it's so cool
youtube.com/watch?v=4Lfcry5-L6M

It's fucking over. There's nothing left to be excited for now.

christ put a fez on him and he could be Mussolini

Wildlife of Star Wars needs to be recanonized. All of the nuRPG supplements need to be canon. Star Wars worldbuilding in the nu-canon is barebones.

yeah it's one of those changes that doesn't make sense with George's whole "these are how I intended the movies to be but didn't have the technology at the time" justification of the Special Edition changes. Like there was no way George was editing Jason Wingreen's voice into ESB and thinking "this is only temporary, in 24 years I'll get to go back and fix this"

youtube.com/watch?v=X6Fi2eQRv4A

Do you guys think they'll ever switch Poe's comic over to post TLJ in the next year?

my biggest concern is that one of the biggest pulls of Rebels were the legacy TCW characters, Rex, Ashoka, Hondo, you know the rest
But there probably wont be any legacy characters to pass onto this new show, they will be starting from scratch which can be difficult

Especially considering how if he was so concerned about canon he should have gotten an Obi-Wan impersonator (or Ewan) to redo some dialogue in RotJ or ESB so Obi-Wan goes "well actually Yoda was more of a mentor and only trained me as a child for like a year."

I agree but nuCanon is only 3 years old, and hasn't been able to explore much with the ST still being released. Legends had 37 years to develop and expand the universe. You gotta be a little patient, like this time back when the OT was coming out all they had was like Splinter of the Mind's Eye and the novelizations. I wasn't big on PT-era EU stuff when those films were coming out but I'm sure there wasn't too much material in that era between 1999 and 2002. It was more NJO stuff, right?

Watching Poe wait around on the Raddus with Admiral Tumblr sounds exhilarating

Completely agree

or just write the prequels to fit better with the established background info from the OT

Wildlife of Star Wars came out right after TPM.

Post-TLJ implies that it's after Admiral Tumblr dies. I think it'd be interesting to see the Resistance trying to recruit new blood to fight the First Order, especially since I'm guessing most of that stuff is going to be skipped in Episode 9.

Why does Rebels always wait until a season final to start getting good or taken seriously? Honestly we just had Kanan die and now the SERIOUS Drama has finally come out in the series. And now it's about to end. Where the fuck was this writing in the very begining?

I actually felt something in the after math of Kanan's death.

>yeah it's one of those changes that doesn't make sense with George's whole "these are how I intended the movies to be but didn't have the technology at the time" justification of the Special Edition changes
That was his explanation for the 97 editions, well before Morrison's voice was added.

I didn't, good riddance to a shitty knockoff of based Kyle

The Supremacy better get Yamato'd by a horde of fighters/bombers.

user....

Even better it got rammed by hyperspace

>Should have been the Star Forge.

But JJ wouldn't have his precious trench run not to mention how would they even be able to destroy it with X-Wings?

>reminder that Leia 100% fucked Luke's brains out and took his virginity right after the end of ANH
>there were 3 years of this
>reminder that everyone forgets that Leia kisses Luke a second time in Empire Strikes Back, when they're alone on the Falcon after leaving Cloud City
>1 year without Han.....
>after 4 years of fucking on the side Luke finds out she's his sister
>this is why Luke gave up so easily after failing Ben years later, he already was barely able to keep it together having to deal with the fact he fucked his twin sister for 4 years and is now training her son, his nephew (possibly his son too)

Filoni's show will be about this

Ben is literally their incest baby
that's why he's such a fuckup

How I would have done the new Trilogy or at least Episode 7 while using the same basic story/characters we did get.

> E7 opens with Kylo massacring Luke's Jedi Temple while Luke is off planet, no Knights of Ren, just Kylo alone as a true Vader style avatar of death.
> Rey is a student of Lukes who Kylo is unable to locate during the massacre.
> Rey was found by Storm trooper Finn who refuses to kill her & instead helps her escape the burning temple alive.
Rest of the film is...
> Rey/Finn on the run from Kylo as a major subplot.
> Main plot is Luke & Han trying to find Ben who wasn't among the pile of his student's bodies. Luke believes the massacre may be Ben's handiwork but Han refuses to entertain the notion.
> Flashbacks from Rey/Luke of training alongside Ben. Flashbacks from Han showing the New Republic that was built after the original trilogy, him & Leia petitioning the senate of the New Republic to take the First Order as a serious threat & Leia being ostracized for it.
> Last Act - Luke discovering that his sister was right about the First Order building a galaxy threat sized imperial fleet (no starkiller) while rescuing the captured Rey/Finn. Han confronting the masked Kylo as we got in TFA, demanding he face his father like a man. Same result. Luke & Kylo have a extended duel ends in a stalemate.
> Ends with Luke coming to Leia to break the truth to her about her son, what he did to Han and the fact that she was right about the First Order.

THAT is how you have iconic characters beloved in all of fiction fail, ACTUALLY FUCKING SHOW US what they accomplished & let us see their fall from that. Don't skip that shit and have them end up being sarcastic assholes hiding in a cave.

>>>/fanfiction.net/

The whole ST is fanfiction faggot

That's a bullshit excuse and you know it. It wasn't even six months after TPM that full prequel era novels featuring the main cast was out. Literally over a dozen had come out by AOTC.

POD RACING FOR DAD - Luke

God, that's hot

I like mine better
>Poe dies in first movie, and happens to be the brother of Rose, just so there's some kind of foundation for her and fin to build upon
>star forge for second movie? Explain IR's resources?
>Hux is the Grand Admiral of the Imperial Remnant, Phasma is the Grand General. Both are rivals to another. At the end of the trilogy, their rivalry dooms the IR.
>Rey and Luke explore the galaxy learning of the force and the Sith and Jedi. They go to Tython or whereever the Jedi were invented, and to Korriban

Also, Han goes into battle at the climax of the film with his Millenium Falcon(Admiral Solo stands up and says "XO, you have the Bridge. Get the Hangar Master to prepare my ship. C'mon Chewie.") to fight through the Imperial Remnant, confront Kylo and die(so that if this were reality, Mr Ford can finally get his character killed off)