Dceu Appreciation & Hope Thread

- Joss off Batgirl.
- Shazam reveal soon.
- Early reactions to Aquaman all positive.

Share your...
> Favortie moments from the films we have gotten so far?
> Casting ideas?
> Director ideas?
> Other hopes/ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookmovie.com/shazam/shazam-star-zachary-levi-proudly-shows-off-his-characters-comic-accurate-haircut-a158077
comicbookmovie.com/shazam/shazam-director-reveals-that-the-heros-costume-will-be-similar-to-the-version-from-justice-league-war-a158050
youtube.com/watch?v=8VKqGrmx_t4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Shazam reveal soon
Really? Source?

I hope they scrap doing a Barbara Gordon Batgirl movie and instead adapt Batwoman Elegy and have Denis Villenuieve (blade runner 2049) or Cary Fukunaga (true detective s1) direct it.

Hoping for Brad Bird (iron giant, incredibles) or Gareth Edwards (rogue one) for Man of Steel 2.

>Hope
user, let it go, it's just a heartless franchise, you've nothing to gain by placing faith in it.

it's not heartless

the director

>Appreciation
I get the hope part but this?

How is the DCEU still a thing after the complete failure of Justice League? Is WW success really propping up Warner Brothers plans?

comicbookmovie.com/shazam/shazam-star-zachary-levi-proudly-shows-off-his-characters-comic-accurate-haircut-a158077
comicbookmovie.com/shazam/shazam-director-reveals-that-the-heros-costume-will-be-similar-to-the-version-from-justice-league-war-a158050

Director said they expected set photos to reveal him last week and they had official pics ready to be released if that was the case but no one got a shot of him in suit so they are waiting a bit longer.

>Favortie moments from the films we have gotten so far?
Black Panther grossing more than JL's entire run in just one week

>Hope
I hope its scrapped and hard rebooted. There's nothing worth salvaging, nothing

Faora in general

No casting ideas, I'm really out of touch on actors and directors.

I hope for Granny Goodness and the Furies, I hope for Mr. Miracle and Barda.

I acknowledge the films are flawed, but there is still plenty of great aspects to them.

It is.
They all are.
It's just a machine to take your money, tricking you into think you need to be loyal, preying on your attachment to a property they just bought.

You owe them nothing, least of all your faith and hope.

>Is WW success really propping up Warner Brothers plans?
Absolutely, not doing sequels to it would be utterly fucking asinine.

My favorite moments were when Lex sexually put a Jolly Rancher in an old man's mouth while licking his fingers and putting a pee pee jar on someone's desk. And when Joker begged a thug to fuck his girlfriend while Will Smith played himself in Deadshot's costume.

>complete failure
While JL was a box office disappointment it wasn’t a complete flop, it at least made back it’s budget and somewhat broke even, so it was pretty much just a drop in the bucket for WB considering their other successful movies like It and Wonder Woman that year.

Diana declaring that she believes in love
> Casting ideas?
Sam L Jackson as fucking anybody. Vengeance for being shafted from IW
>Director Ideas
Quentin Tarantino?
>> Other hopes/ideas?
I really just want standalone movies. We don't need 10 years of storyline adaptations. My favorite parts of the DCEU is when it's being itself and not trying to pull off Avengers a second time.

>preying on your attachment to a property they just bought
But I didn't have a huge attachment to Dc beforehand. I liked Dc but only loved a handful of aspects of it.
Mos got me into Superman hardcore, been absorbing tons of his material since 2013.

> Ruth Wilson as Circe
Possibility made even more likely as she recently turned down one of the girlfriend roles in a Mcu film because she wanted to play a baddie.

I liked the parts where Superman looks disgusted whenever he's saving someone and the part where his dad risked his life to save a dog and prevented his superpowered son from saving him.

Don't forget MARTHA!!! WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!!!!

> Ingrid Bolso Berdal (westworld, cold prey 1-2) as Cheetah.
She was a really good sympathetic villain in this - youtube.com/watch?v=8VKqGrmx_t4

Same. Man of Steel gets so much shit when it finally made Superman relatable for the casual viewer.

>Sam L Jackson as fucking anybody. Vengeance for being shafted from IW

He is in INFINITY WAR. And he's a company man. He'd do it for the money as would all of them, but he'll never jump ship.

An instant classic that will be remembered and talked about for generations to come.

Death Note-style chess match Superman vs. Brainiac movie when?

>I liked the parts where Superman looks disgusted whenever he's saving someone
Only once and after they started worshiping him, he was outright smiling when he brought the girl over to the crowd you context ignoring bitch.
>and the part where his dad risked his life to save a dog
Because he wanted Clark to protect Martha & the little girl.
>and prevented his superpowered son from saving him.
Because society might fall apart if aliens are revealed to exist, he sacrificed his life for the greater good.
We are sick of fucking arguing and want to discuss good things. Is that so wrong? Are you so pathetic and miserable you have to ruin other people's conversations?

I'm actually really curious how they're going to do the Shazam suit. The New 52 suit isn't particularly bad, but goddammit the original double-breasted coat is so fucking slick. It's so easily translatable into a live-action costume.

He was relatable before just in a different ways.
Mos actually made him outright sympathetic were you felt sorry for the weight of the decisions on his shoulders.

While I like the old coat also I Really hope they have the glossy gold pieces like the new 52 suit.

I had a spit take reading this title as I was scrolling the catalog. I almost choked on my gum.

Speaking of Shazam anyone watch the old Captain Marvel serials? I was thinking about ordering them.

Ill call her name anytime...

> Rose Leslie (game of thrones) as Silver Swan.

>Lex sexually put a Jolly Rancher in an old man's mouth while licking his fingers
A hint that he was molested by his father.

I'm not even a DC fan, but hello Sup Forums.

>Favortie moments from the films we have gotten so far?
Superman actually having some fun in JL and caring about civilians.
>Casting ideas?
Alexandra Daddario as Zatanna and Jessica Chastain as Poison Ivy. Bryan Cranston as real Lex.
>Director ideas?
Matthew Vaughn Superman written by Max Landis. Ava DuVernay New Gods.
>Other hopes/ideas?
If they're not going to completely reboot like they should then they need to focus on fixing the base first. Once audiences give a shit about the main stuff then branch out and play into DC's strengths. Stuff like a JSA movie series set in WWII or a LOSH movie. Use the fact that DC characters have 100x better legacy characters than Marvel to replace actors that want out.

Superman first flight, Batfleck warehouse scene
Jake Gyllenhaal rumors of being Batman is pretty cool even if he is a manlet
I hope DC doesn't drop the darker contrast. JL looked bland like a Marvel movie, almost like it was filmed on digital.

>written by Max Landis
Are you fucking insane?
American Alien had him being far more edgy and uncaring then Dceu Superman ever fucking was.

Not an idea for the DCEU, but I got to wondering how Batman could've basically been the same character in BvS but they had a movie that worked within the universe and thought what if they had a movie that was a whole Superhero career rather than your typical "one episode" like most movies are?
Like it could've been Batman starting out, building his legend and skill, different moments in his career, taking on a Robin, then the Third Act starts with Death in the Family, and then it ends on him losing more and more faith, then we transition into MoS' climax.

American Alien was an Elseworlds, yet it still had more heart and was truer to Superman than anything Snyder did. Plus everytime I've heard him talk about Superman he really seems to actually understand who he is as a character.

>I hope they scrap doing a Barbara Gordon Batgirl movie and instead adapt Batwoman Elegy and have Denis Villenuieve (blade runner 2049) or Cary Fukunaga (true detective s1) direct it.
Kate >>>>>>>> Barbara
I'm in

Yeah because burning people's arms off and stealing Bruce's identity so that he could spend time with bimbos on a boat is sooooo totally more in character then Clark being slightly depressed because he worries he is causing more harm then good. Totally.

>American Alien was an Elseworlds
So is the Dceu, so are all movie adaptions. Especially when the newest adaption is intentionally different then the previous movie version.
Like Bat Begins contrast B&R, Mos was meant to be a stark contrast from Reeves/Routh, that was the whole fucking point.

that is actually perfect

Gal on the JL set wearing Batman's cowl was pretty cute

If/when DC picks themselves up off the ground, then i want George Miller to continue on with Justice League Mortals.

>Keep DCEU trinity cast (yes, Gal too)
>Keep Common as John Stewart
>Charlie Hunnam as Aquaman
>Not sure who for Flash, just not Ezra
>Tom Cruise as Max Lord

>Early reactions to Aquaman all positive

Do you remember how many times we heard this for the Snyder movies?

Pic?

It's too late Ben is dunzo.

>Superman actually having some fun in JL and caring about civilians.
Come on now, Superman always cared about civilians. The movies just showed his worst days

Things that need to happen.
They come out with a huge press conference and do all of the following all at once, it will clarify once and for all that the Dceu is moving forward, this indecision & rampant rumors are killing them more then their films failures are.
> Show footage from Aquaman.
> Reveal Shazam.
> Confirm once and for all that Ben is staying on for Reeves's Batman.
> Reveal new big details about WW2. Maybe identity and casting of the villain.
> Announce director & story for Mos2.
> Flashpoint is canceled.
> Batgirl is canceled.
> Nightwing is canceled.
> They confirm which fucking Harley/Squad spin offs are happening and which are not.
> Cast Catwoman & Ivy if Sirens is still happening.

I'm a DC fan, but I'm so done with this shit. Fucking WB and Synder combo ruined 70+ years of Superman's reputation. And they turned one of the biggest franchises ever into boxoffice poison.

At this point I just hope Aquaman bombs and WB bury the idea of continuing the universe.

It hasn't had the rumors of being a mess that Bvs, JL and even WW had.

That's double the diversity points AND Kate as Batwoman is a lot more interesting than Babs Batgirl.

>I'm a DC fan, but I'm so done with this shit. Fucking WB and Synder combo ruined 70+ years of Superman's reputation
Bullshit, Injustice's existence did that far more then the Dceu did.

Kate is an awful character and Elegy is her only good story, after you're done doing that as a movie you're stuck with the character for the rest of the DCEU

As opposed to Babs who had...?

>Kate is an awful character
Fuck you.
>and Elegy is her only good story
No her new 52 stuff up to Williams leaving the book was decent at the very worst.

I've written off Aquaman because even if it's amazing they're going to get accused of following the leader now. Hype for Shazam provided it's treated as a removed standalone.

I wish WB hadn't backpedaled so much on Superman in JL. I wanted to see his arc concluded instead of them insisting he was always the classic Superman.

I wouldn't be against that, but maybe they should throw us a curve ball and have a Steph film and have it be more light hearted and fun.

>I've written off Aquaman because even if it's amazing they're going to get accused of following the leader now
Why?
Nothing about it that we have heard seems all that Mcu-ish to me. And it was in production before Panther's release + The Atlanteans are white so the idea of it being a rip off is nonsensical.

People can say whatever they want about Snyder, but I refuse to believe whatever he had was worse than the trash Whedon added.

>Sorry, I didn't bring a sword
>Itchy
>Something's definitely bleeding
>I don't not like you
>Brunch
>I believe in truth, and I'm a big fan of justice
>Bugspray

I'll take Kate's animated appearance over The Killing Joke

If they ever do a Steph film it needs to be Spoiler. I always liked that gimmick better than Batgirl #3

They are good for their time, arguably it may be the best of the cliffhangers but don't binge them or you can get bored at the repetition.

It's also pretty fun to see him go full psycho Golden Age hero throwing goons off buildings and machine gunning soliders.

CAP OF MURDER

>I wanted to see his arc concluded instead of them insisting he was always the classic Superman.
In terms of motivation & heroism he absolutely was.
He wasn't a public speaker because he wanted to be above the fray of politics & such, he just wanted to help out & let his actions speak for him, that being a mistake on his part was the lesson he learned in Bvs.
> He didn't try and minimize damage.
Pic related, he tried to drag Faora out of Smallville hard.

>"I don't see how that's a party."
>"He's adopted."
>The entirety of Weekend of Ultron

What were they thinking?

I swear to God, more than half the criticisms thrown at MOS could be explained away by just watching the movie a second time.

Fuck no. Injustice is followed mostly by comicbook fans, and they know the deal. But a movie is made for a wider group of people, and WB ruined any chance to make people remember why Superman is great. Now Supes is just an emo kid with a fake mouth.

Everything except Pa Kent's death, but let's not open up that can of worms.

Agreed

Well yeah, I get that. But I wanted to see how he'd get over the emotional/confidence issues he had in BvS.

My favorite is people saying Clark doesn't save anyone when the very first scene of him as an adult is rescuing a bunch of people from a burning oil rig.

God, I fucking hope WB turns this shit around. This could very well be our only chance at a live-action DC universe. If that's the case, I'd rather they significantly improve it for the better rather than just let it fizzle out without a bang.

WW trench scene
> Casting ideas?
Zooey Deschanel as Zatanna. Kathy Bates as Granny Goodness. Recast Billy Zane as Lex Luthor.
> Director ideas?
George Miller on a New Gods movie or a future JL sequel.
> Other hopes/ideas?
That we get Man of Steel 2, with Brainiac as a villain. I also hope we go full neo-Silver Age and get Bizarro at least as an antagonist. I also hope JLD/Dark Universe/whatever they're calling it gets off the ground and that it's not shit.

>Kathy Bates as Granny Goodness.
Perfect.

Mos is among my top favorite films and I will agree Pa Kent's death was poorly executed.
I get the intention, I will defend it within the context of the story and the characters motivations for letting it go down as is but I would make these changes to it.
> When Clark tries to go get the dog have Pa say out loud, "no stay with your mother" and then hands him the girl so it's clear Pa is prioritizing the best use of Clark's durability.
> It should have happened much faster, have Pa get to his feet at the same time that Clark gets Martha/girl to the overpass, as is Clark is standing around doing nothing for way way too long, he looks like he could have jogged over there at normal speed and helped Pa without using his powers, it should have been set up so that the only way he could have helped Pa after getting Martha & the girl to safety was to use his speed, have Pa wave him off and Clark only hesitate for a split second and Pa is swept away.

I didn't say making a movie about Babs was a good idea. It isn't.

>favorite moments
superman vs JL, especially when he looks at flash.
I really hope they dont drop the dceu.
JL failed because they didnt build hype.
MOS is an old movie, bvs was divisive, wonderwoman was good.
BUt if we had a flash, an aquaman movie and mos 2, jl would be profitable.

I love MoS for actually trying to show just how fucking big a deal a superpowered alien coming to earth would be. Much as I love the 1978 film and the Animated Series, everyone is just kind of like "Hey, cool." at Superman showing up. MoS isn't perfect, but I applaud it for trying something different.

>Batwoman movie
As much as I am sick of Batman this and Batman that, I'd fucking love to see some live-action Kate, with visuals taken directly from the comic book pages. Imagine a movie that actually looked like J. H. Williams III's art.

Oh, and my girl Kate better be ghostly, otherworldly pale white.

That said, if we do get a Batgirl movie, it'd best be a Cassandra Cain movie.

>with Brainiac as a villain.
>I also hope we go full neo-Silver Age and get Bizarro at least as an antagonist
Really don't think these are good ideas.
After Kryptonians, Doomsday, Steppenwolf & Parademons all in a row, we need to give him a threat he can't just punch his way out of and something different then another invader from another world.
And never ever Bizarro, it will come off like Clark beating up a retard and be mean spirited and that is the last thing Dceu Superman needs audiences to see.

>No her new 52 stuff up to Williams leaving the book was decent at the very worst.

Not really, it was boring trash, that's what happens when you have a fetish character that's only good for one story

>I really hope they dont drop the dceu.
Same user.
At the least they should give us 2 Wonder Woman sequels.

>>favorite moments
>superman vs JL, especially when he looks at flash.
that was a good idea executed so badly. It looked like absolute garbage

i loved it, and so did everyone in the theater

I think the problem is that they didn't go far enough. They should've at least gone as far as Independence Day.

>After Kryptonians, Doomsday, Steppenwolf & Parademons all in a row, we need to give him a threat he can't just punch his way out of and something different then another invader from another world.
Honestly, Mr. Mxyzptlk would be perfect for that, but he just wouldn't fit in the DCEU, sadly. Although honestly, with Brainiac at least, it wouldn't necessarily be a foe Superman would beat by pure strength. Brainiac in the Silver Age was always someone Superman beat by thinking with his brain.

>And never ever Bizarro, it will come off like Clark beating up a retard and be mean spirited and that is the last thing Dceu Superman needs audiences to see.
Depends entirely on how they write Bizarro. The beauty of the character is that he can vary greatly from story to story. They could go with the more frightening, creepy, outright villainous version. Even if they did make Brainiac more simple-minded and humorous, they could also make him more sympathetic and make Superman sympathetic towards him as well, with the movie having him try to turn Bizarro to the side of good, maybe even before he sacrifices himself to save the day, like in Red Son.

I don't like MoS, but there was a lot in there that was pretty good, like the first flight scene and the oil rig scenes. I'm mostly mad at them not addressing any of the core criticisms of MoS in BvS and instead going with a stupidly convoluted plot involving jolly ranchers, jars of piss and massacred Africans all thought up by the worst miscast Luthor in history. They could've easily had just expanded upon the super powered alien coming to earth theme in MoS by having Luthor's hateboner for Superman being "Hey remember how those two aliens destroyed down town Metropolis a couple months ago? Yeah, fuck that noise, humanity FUCK YEAH!"

>otherworldly pale white
yes!!!

Hydrology was good, the Wonder Woman cross over arc not as much. It'd say it started of still strong but by the end was lacking