Hey user will you gamble a stamp??

hey user will you gamble a stamp??

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nietzschean_affirmation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I can show you how to be a real man
>Proceeds to not show the reader this

The reader most figure it out by itself. For we are men and men forge worlds.

It's all well and good talking about such things but putting them into practice is so much more difficult. It's a critical flaw of the genre that cape comics tend to treat mental issues as if they can be solved by a single short epiphany when really they are a slow and grueling crawl that take many years to learn how to cope with. That said I can't really criticize them because I can't really think of how to well depict the slow and grueling struggle or the real tough social support a lot of people need.

>gamble a stamp
Fucking hell, it sounds like some phrase from the 30s

what do we think of the recolour???

I have both and enjoy both.

Then explain to me how Sup Forums is still full of manchildren?

>hey kid go out and meet girls
>I tell you this in a comic book
name one movie that tells you to stop watching movies

Because they are children, not men. But it's never too late.

The Force Awakens.

Hey kid, go out and meet girls.

do they fuck?

The last jedi, spiderman homecoming, BFG, fembusters, hotel translyvania 2, daddies home

The Last Jedi.

Ironically Charles Atlas' Dynamic Tension will build lean musculature, Atlas himself was a professional bodybuilder who used freeweights.

yep, no wonder comic readers literally need writers to tell them to grow up

Some of Chris Ware's works, to an extent. Ironically the most mainstream comic I can think of that touches on how difficult it actually is to break free of your issues and hangups is Robinson's The Golden Age, which has a recurring theme of self-destructiveness.

Haha. Shut up, Rian. The movie was shit and you know it.

Look at this beautiful puppetry. Just like the OT. No stinky CG here.

You have no room to talk about growing up

>ask a legitimate question related to the thread topic
>let me just shitpost about something else haha xD

That can't be official.

Last Jedi is literally about how the old generation just has to take everything up the ass now and if they don't like it they should stop watching it

It is sadly, approved and brought to you by your new head of canon

who gives a fuck

this thread is now about star wars

Jesus Christ. What the hell is happening?!

Airheaded bitchs who dont care about star wars and have no right being involved in it are trashing it to be more “pretty and feminine”, because they got their jobs from either having a vagina or sucking bob igers chod cock. I cant wait till global warming casues a tsunami to bury disney world underwater, and forces disney to be bankrupt.

This shit is fucking depressing.

You don't have to stop reading comics to talk to girls, just don't be comic book guy from The Simpsons. So really telling Sup Forums this is futile.

So, what was the point of this?

>Proceeds to not show the reader this
He did show the reader that. Because what he's asking you to accept is life. The act of affirming life is what will make you a real man.
The whole story was a mindscape battle between the main character's sense of apathy (his teenage self / the moon man) vs. the main character's love of life (Flex).
Also the other less prominent message in that story is superheroes are fully formed Platonic entities that just spring out of your mind without you even having to consciously contrive one. So if you want to know what the greater superhero self of yours would give you for advice in any situation you can just imagine what he'd say and you'll probably get an answer. Goes back to affirming again, affirming you believe in superheroes is enough to make them real.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nietzschean_affirmation

This user gets it.

That and his comments aren't a criticism of comic book readers in general. They're supposed to be a criticism of the overly analytical cynicism that permeated comic books at the time and still does to an extent today. This is why the villain of the story is embodied by an angsty teenager who is incapable of looking upon something as pure and straightforward a concept as a Superhero without interpreting it as really being some kind of homoerotic Freudian power fantasy. Flex isn't any of those things; he's a superhero, and he's here to help.

It sounds hokey as balls, but is it a real phrase?
What does gamble a stamp even mean?

>This is why the villain of the story is embodied by an angsty teenager who is incapable of looking upon something as pure and straightforward a concept as a Superhero without interpreting it as really being some kind of homoerotic Freudian power fantasy. Flex isn't any of those things; he's a superhero, and he's here to help.
funny grant Morrison was the catalyst for this very thing

you would send away for the book to make you muscle bound so u to can kick sand in nerds faces at the beach

> “Flex Mentallo” is based on a 1940’s cartoon that used to run in the back of comicbooks about the Charles Atlas company. The advertisements promised that for the price of a first class stamp they would reveal the secrets of the perfect beach body.

that's exactly what makes Grant so qualified to talk about this, he's very aware that he's done it himself and is a cause of people doing it

Multiversity is a dense, highly referential, and multilayered comic book that tells you not too analyze comic books to closely. I like most of Grant's output but his recent major DC works make him come across as up his own ass.

Also I'm inclined to thing he put that there because Multiversity, as a whole, was fairly mediocre.

I did, in a matter of speaking.

Went well for a while, then I got my nose broken in an accident, making me quite ugly and not able to enjoy my favourite foods and drinks and lost my job as well as making fitness impossible due to even light workouts causing massive headaches

At least if I had stayed at home, I'd have retained my health, my looks and my enjoyment of life.

Oh and I also lost my job after the accident, the job I had moved to do so and that put me in the place where I had my accident.

i like some of the mutliversity stories, it would be cool if they got other writers to continue those stories

He's telling Gamble A. Stamp he can show him how to be a real man, I presume through raping him.

Most of them are too final or connected to Grant's own plots to really work as a continuing story.

Man, Dark Multiverse Flex is hardcore.