Final Space discussion

Just watched the first two episodes and Jesus Christ what a shitshow. The jokes are stale and forced, the main character is unlikeable and has a terrible voice actor, and the main villain was rushed and instantly lost all his menacing credibility.

Also
>I’m going to murder your face off
How come they display gore, family trauma, and mention homosexual nudity but resort to petty, childish insults and curses? I can’t count how many times Gary screamed “Crap!”

Ok animation, but the writing is going to ruin this show.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/user/OlanRogers
youtube.com/user/BalloonShop
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The art style is so basic its beyond unacceptable. I cringed when i first saw this and am elated everyone else now hates it as much as i did when i saw the trailer.

>created by independent filmmaker, actor, comedian and entrepreneur Olan Rogers.

This is the guy who voices the protagonist. The show is literally a self-insert of some untalented YouTuber.

gary isnt the kind of person the swear

At least give him some lines that don’t make him appear as a stuck-up primary school child.

Okay.

The ads were terrible, and that was their cherry picked content, so I'm not surprised.

he's right though. It's pure shit.

fuck you I liked it

Care to explain why?

Who the hell is this guy?

Actually a decent story driven show instead of yet another "slice of life" piece of crap.
The plot flows nicely so far instead of being some random wacky space adventures, and I really appreciate something new for once.

>I’m going to murder your face off
I don't think there's anything wrong with this.

People don't always shout using the worst expletives.

It’s a weird mix. Evil guy is tiny manlet personality, but actually brutal and with gory torture. Lead is extremely unlikable. Lead female seeing the guy hitting on her is a retard but then getting in a ship with him to pilot was also a leap that made no sense.

I can't believe that show with an art style that looks like a mixture of Adventure Time an Family Guy isn't good.

But the dialogue is utter shit. It’s a good concept, but the writing is atrocious and ruins the show.

Also, the plot is kind of forced. The villain reveal and the entire “muh son” event should have been led to instead of tossed at the audience.

The guy who made the show and voices the protagonist.

Check out his quality YouTube channel:
m.youtube.com/user/OlanRogers

It has its problems but I think it could really improve with a second season. Give it a diffrent head writer and the show should improve. I think Olan is good for joke but that’s about it, if you get another writer to keep him in check I think the show could be a lot better. I’m willing to give the show a few more chances it gets the occasional chuckle out of me I’ve watched worse.

Nobody will ever do a good spacefaring animated comedy

>The plot flows nicely
go shill that garbage somewhere else.

nah there are plenty out there space dandy is the first that comes to mind

Space dandy. He's a dandy guy... in space.

The minute I saw this my mind instantly screamed "poor attempt to copy Rick and Morty".

It’s just an example of the numerous lines of terrible, poorly executed dialogue the main character vomits out. It’s not that he has to swear, it’s just that when he does it’s similar to the childish garbage you hear on an elemtary school playground.

>"poor attempt to copy Rick and Morty"
when I saw the trailers ^this and I also thought Futurama. after I watched the 2 eps I can add some Red Dwarf sprinkled here and there. but they try to emulate all 3 on a very very very surface level. never attempting to put something inside that made any of those great.

It probably went like this: Conan O'brien wanted to be in R&M so he approached Harmond about it, but Dan told him to suck his dick. which Conan probably did, but Harmond didn't respect their agreement. So Conan decided to shoot his own R&M with black jack and hookers. he asked about producers about something like that and they showed him the pilot. normally stupid shit like that wouldn't take off, but with some help...

It looks partially like a vanity project and partially like an imitation show.

He baited you.

Makes sense it has shit writing, wasn't it made from one of the Balloonshop guys?

>Comedy
Here's the problem

Meh, this kind of discussion attempts are boring. I'm gonna wait for episode 3 to air and to talk about it.

Is Sup Forums delusional enough to actually think this board as any ounce of influence on western animation or comic books?

yep. Started when he was in high school/college making balloon shop vids
youtube.com/user/BalloonShop

He's from my hometown and i love those old vids, but his new stuff on his new channel is all shit. Sad, i really wanted it to be good since i feel super connected to balloon shop

>self-insert
I don't think Sup Forums actually knows what that means

It did have some influence once. The My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic board is proof of it.
Heck, the creator of the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic show, Lauren Faust even came here to talk about the show.
Nowadays, no idea, but it's still some place where some animators sometimes do congregate and then exchange some drama for the shit and giggles.

Balloon shop was garbage though. Nothing connected to it deserves any sort of praise

nah balloon shop was good. not the pinnacle of comedy or anything but it was good

>Heck, the creator of the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic show, Lauren Faust even came here to talk about the show.
Only half true. Lauren went to /mlp/, not Sup Forums

I bet this guy enjoyed Scorpion King 2: Rise of the Warrior, specifically on BluRay.

>Just watched the first two episodes and Jesus Christ what a shitshow.

i think its good show..

The artstyle is the biggest turn off to me. It's like it's trying to tell me that it's not worth watching.

Nah, dudebro. That was before /mlp/ existed.

I really wanted to like it but its borrowing a lot of things from other better show and its just got no real self identity.

The lead character is very unlikable too.

I can't fucking stand the main character. Of course the black woman is the smartest most perfect person in the universe.

But she's also the boring one that no one really cares about for now, so all is good.

I wouldn't mind a black female lead but her initial scene was bursting into a room of males and basically having them act like retarded dipshits to make herself seem better, it's a really lame easy way to make her seem like she knows what shes doing.

I like a lot about Olan but sadly this just feel like it gonna be bad.

He tanked his YouTube life for this show too and he was becoming really popular but no he just had to go out to LA and do this shit show.

I'm embarrassed that Conan O'Brien would back something so fucking awful.

Can't blame him, though