ITT a characters worst costume/design

ITT a characters worst costume/design.

I'll start

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_xK8F8hJQek
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Same reason why Flash's costume sucks in that universe; too much armor

still better than the CW show at least

I don't like the mask in his solo movie. The silver eyebrows look shitty and the line over the nose makes his nose look really big. And I feel the teeth around his clavicle should always be connected by a line across it.

I still can't really place what's so terrible about this armor. It just looks stiff and unnatural or something. Like he's stuck in a can. His silhouette just doesn't look right.

I didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me. They really tried to make the cowl look more feline compared to the original, which invoked more of a Batman feel.
It's because it looks heavy, and kind of clashes with his underwater theme. Looking at that, it appears like he'd sink like a rock, and has a lot of water resistance

CW costumes always look like shit cause of their budget.

For a big budget tent pole movie there's no excuse. The black bits on his chest and hips look awful. The way the chest plates form around the sternum look awkward and the wires all over the place with no pattern whatsoever make it seem like a parody of Jim Lee's new 52 designs.

also fuck pic related with a blood boiling passion

A tie between that and these 2. I sort of hate these redesigns more though, probably because of the Booth art.

Thank god CW can actually make Flash’s effects look good though, unlike WB slow motion mandate

It's definitely Booth's art. He has a terrible, metallic looking style, and it doesn't help he was featured right after Manapul

Marvel needs to stop releasing their concept arts because there's always better choices that they could have used, but didn't.

It really needs to fucking change. So ugly

His chest piece is literally just a replica of his mask
Black spots for the mouth and eyes
It's absolutely horrendous

It's like he's got Spawn on his chest.

Katanna's costume is good, though. Probably not her best, but far from worst.

Wonder Woman, Deadshot and Batman are all fine.

Batfleck suit was top tier you pleb.

No it's not.
It's not the worst because , but it's not good.

The DCEU costumes are a stunning visual representation of the complexity addiction that plagues every aspect of the franchise. Too many people involved look at the simple and clean archetypes and think "no one will like this simple thing!" and so they all start pouring extra details into the cup until they have an overflowing mess and then they pat themselves on the back and say "There! Now can take it seriously!"
Flash's costume is Superman's character and vice versa

The only okay ones are Batman and Wonder Woman's

Katanna costume is amazing though

Wonder Woman was pretty good but I dunno what Patty Jenkins was thinking with this one.

At least give it a fire cape or something

This was the original design. I think it was a last minute, knee jerk reaction to Steppenwolf's design

But that's distinct from steppenwolf. People would know the difference between guy with skull helmet and Jobbenwolf

Someone edit his face into the chest piece

its a real shame they didn't go with this design.

Ironically its his best look in Injustice 2.

dat sexy bitch almost makes it look tolerable

To be fair, this is the CW. They told the prop guy you had two bucks, now go find a costume. And at least it is close to the comics.

The picture adequately sums up my attitudes towards Wolverine's Age of Ultron suit. Wolverine has had some absolutely ridiculous costumes but they all have a bit of charm to them that is sorely lacking here.

still makes me mad

no excuse faggot ITS SHIT

The Metalic shimmer is the only thing good about his art and a godsend for the Flash. Who the fuck wants silly flat colors.

I can't understand why anyone likes this Captain Cold, or Heat Wave for that matter. The costumes are lazy, and they somehow are irrelevant on a fucking Flash tv show

The Superman suits have been fucking superb tho.

Fuck off, Booth. Your art sucks ass

It's not a matter of liking it or even taking it seriously. It's about it feeling real and authentic and not breaking immersion into the film.

>Who the fuck wants silly flat colors.
Classicists and Minimalists?

I literally implied his art sucks ass. I was praising the coloring.

Its not good either

Mission failed. Over-complicated designs are just as immersion breaking as something simple.
Realism doesn't mean making it more busy. As far as the DCEU goes Cyborg is the biggest offender in this case. Realistically a strong punch would break off half his parts and all the open circuitry would collect dirt and grime and he'd fall apart within a weak. There's nothing realistic about it. Just complex and busy.

"Feeling" real is subjective. Authenticity is gained via earnestness in intent. Minimalism is authentic. Simplicity is authentic. Arguably even more so than excessive obsfucating detail.

someone post nu-carol's outfit to trigger the two carolfags

Did they ever unfuck Lobo?

Works so much better as a Reverse Flash.

>Over-complicated designs are just as immersion breaking as something simple.
No it's not. Simplicity too often looks cheap.
I dare you to tell me the top looks better in pic related.
>Authenticity is gained via earnestness in intent
Bullshit, the Reeves Superman films are earnest as fuck but he still looks like he is wearing a dime store Halloween costume which is acceptable for the silly fantasy land that version of him inhabits but the Dceu & even the Mcu are meant to exist in worlds more real then that.

Fuck you people so hard.
Yes a2 & m1 are "overly" detailed but the material feels real, the scales seem like actual metal armor, they seem painstakingly carved and crafted. They look like actual fucking effort was put into make them.

A3 looks tossed together as cheaply as possible and M2 (while I still like it) looks like a generic human make swimsuit it does not look like the product of a entirely different civilization, it doesn't have ANYTHING in common with the prior suits and the octagon patterning is such a god damn shortcut compared to the beautiful scales on M1.

Injustice 1 Flash is worse
Nah looks good, just needs a little more color
Nah they all look okay

The Xmen movie has some bad costumes.

I'm not the guy your arguing with, but that's your example? Your comparing an animal to a character design, plus your using two movies that were made 16 years apart with wildly different special effect budgets and techniques.

>Your comparing an animal to a character design
Yes, they should take the same mindset, they wanted to make the dinos in JP as real as possible they should be trying to do the same for the sc-fi aspects of superhero films.

Point is your actively asking for garbage like the Reeves film suit which looks comparable in cheapness to that top Dinosaur puppet when they have the budget and the desire to do something magnificent and life like like JP.

This mustard crap. When he had The Silver Centurion armor in the same movie and only used it for 10 seconds.

They're entertaining to watch, and were important while they were around.

It's funny how the show shaped people's perception that Snart and Rory are good friends when they hated each other in the comics.

Fuck off, shill. They're not good Aquaman costumes.

Why is the Flash in japanese rope bondage? He looks like turducken. Do the little strings actually do something?

Have fun swimming in heavy plate mail, asshole. I can't wait to see how fucking hard Aquaman will bomb.

memecasting the prison break brother was a amazing marketing move

Guy looks like an old diet coke can. I miss his bulkier suit in the first Iron Man movie. That looked perfect.

Batfleck looks like a fucking homeless man pretending to be Batman, and with the dumpiest logo to boot; it's just a big, black rectangle with little spikes on it. I'll take Batnipples over Batfleck any day.

If Mark 42 was supposed to be so awesome, then why did they keep making fun of it throughout the whole movie? Man, Iron Man 3 sucked ass.

hes not wearing that in his own movie jackass. all the reports say hes wearing straight up orange scale male

I've hated that costume ever since it was first shown. It is a representation of why Hollywood's credo of "complex is better" is shit.

Not him, but you're being awfully defensive about a movie we know very little about

It's amazing to me how nobody in production realized how much eerie Ultron would've been with just a gaping mouth and slanted eyes. That's part of what's made him memorable over the years, and they turned him into Megatron.

I think they chose the fully moving face so the viewer could humanize the character, which is entirely against the fucking point of what Ultron is supposed to be.

This is why I hate the CW. They pick a good actor who does a good job, then give him virtually no costume and waste the shit out of him.

The top is a suit, and was a good old school monster movie on a low budget.

Oh, good. He's only wearing his ordinary dumb-as-hell outfit. Now the movie is saved, better pre-order my tickets right now.

>Tony has all these awesome suits with awesome gadgets in previous movies
>Gets stuck with this piece of shit
Five years later and I'm still mad about this shit

Well at least his post AoU suit is good

>The hundreds of shitposting threads on Sup Forums and Sup Forums when this was first revealed
Amazing times

It honest to god does not look that bad without the helmet on during those scenes in JL

That's an amazing fucking webm

it was basically a prototype just in case tony needed to partially cover his body. For whatever reason.

Yes, actually. And they locked shitty nuBo in Brainiac's collection forever

All of Cap's movie suits are good except that 2012 one. (but I agree aou had the best)

I remember when the producers said the Rogues will all have "prototype looks" at first and than get actual costumes later on. I guess plans changed. Maybe they were going to introduce Paul Gambi at one point.

They had a good Ultron, just on the wrong movie

I actually really, really like this armor and I'm not really a fan of the DCEU outside of WW and to a much lesser extent, JL. Not quite what I'd want out of a live-action Aquaman suit but not bad at all either.

Like I said, not a big fan of the DCEU, but the only truly bad designs are the Flash, Cyborg, MoS Superman, and the Joker. Everyone else is varying degrees of decent (JL Superman, who was really helped by making the colors on his suit brighter and bolder, really making the colors pop) to actually really fucking good (Katana, WW, Mera).

I hope whoever came of with this lost their job

>MoS Superman
How in the fuck was that a bad design?
You dislike the colors fine but that isn't the design.

The Earth X version was decent

>it was basically a prototype
I love it when someone posts this B.S. answer almost every single one of his armors were technically prototypes.

Aside from the Avenger armors, I'd argue to say ALL of them are.

Technically he was killed and then demoted to a TV position. Is that good enough?

Also it was most likely another opportunity to blame Whedon for something.

I will NEVER accept this suit, don't get me wrong, her Ms. Marvel suit was in no way perfect or for that matter good (If I had to choose I would've just made her Warbird again), but this is such a terrible design.

I realize it's an homage to Mar-Vell and that the colors are just reversed but it makes her look like a shitty Superman clone more at place in DC than Marvel. They've introduced multiple variations of the suit that were far superior, such as Wasp wearing it in Age of Ultron, or the black and silver version nuCarol donned in time runs out, even the concept costumes that were leaked before her relaunch were almost unanimously better looking.

Honestly, just drop the red shoulder section, and replace the blue with black, keep the sash and the gold accents and it instantly becomes a salvageable costume.

And too many nerds look at the simple and clean archetypes and don't realize they only look that way because of the limitations of the medium that they were created for. Crazy as this might sound, but details are actually quite often a good thing, it's just that artists don't like to design a character with a lot of intricate details because that means they have to redraw those details over and over for a comic or cartoon. No one has to worry about recreating those details for each frame when it's a live-action movie.

so which looks better? OP's pic or 's pic?

Pic related, or ?

More detail can be better at times, like Red Skull's nazi uniform as opposed to his original green shirt and pants, or Ant-Man's movie costume and Ares' concept art. But most of the detail added in these posted in this thread is purely there to be gratuitous and unnecessary, resulting and an ugly design.

Theres no reason Ultron's body should be so busy and his face contain eyelids, teeth, and generally hurtful to look at. Would it really look so fucking stupid if Flash's entire breast plate were red instead of having the bottoms of them be black? Does his crotch need to stand out amongst the black hips?

Daily reminder Iron Man 3 is why Tony has had exclusively thin, easily damaged armors since 2013.

Meanwhile in the first goddamn movie, the mark 3 slices through a jet.

>a characters worst costume/design.
>I'll start

I don't know, I kinda think the Injustice ones were worse.

his Injustice 2 base design is decent. His Inj1 is bad but at least it has color consistency

>giant burgundy blob
>no yellow boots
>no lighting arm strips or belt
Its shit.

>burgundy
thats just the render. It's actually red in the game. the lack of yellow boots or gloves are a blowup though

youtube.com/watch?v=_xK8F8hJQek

>Tony Stark's suits keep sucking
>only good ones are IM1, Avengers 1 and Hulkbuster armors
>Cap only has 1 suck ass costume
>every other costume has been god tier

The sad part is they had a perfectly viable design that paid tribute to her entire history, but scrapped it in favor of that Miracle Man ripoff.

this looks fan made

Every time I see it it just looks like some pieces strapped together with some cables. It looks really cheap and fragile.