Anti-Fedora Thread

Pascal's wager is idiotic in many levels.

That's not even the point of Pascal's wager.

it's not that it's idiotic, it's that it's incomplete.
it was part of a much larger body of apologetic work, pascal died before finishing it

what if both is wrong and right at same time? that people collective imagination generates themes for new reality to be forming? that death is heavy experience that has the power to build worlds?

You idiots started the Fedora movement, but you're not even bright enough to realize it.

Wearing fedoras is an integral part of religious headgear

fedoras fedora fedori

forgot the fedora

fedora bump

Even people who pretend to be religious wear fedoras

>belief
>if you're wrong: nothing

Except a lifetime enthralled to illusion and bigotry.

>God rewards you for holding a false belief
>implying that beliefs aren't mutually exclusive
>implying that God has to tell the the truth and can't just torture you regardless of whether you followed his book
>implying that this includes all beliefs, including all the ones we know nothing of, which may just as well have the one and only true belief system
>mfw

Ah, Pascal's wager. The original "Reply to this or your mother dies" post.

Anti-fedora thread? Why do you hate religious idiots so much? They're mostly harmless, except when it comes to freedom from religion, healthcare insurance, blue laws, marriage, religious test for office, etc, etc,

So are we ready for really ridiculous religious hats? Yea?

Just that the should be y-axis is infinitely long.

There is not only Christianity and Atheism possible.

There is also a religion possible where if you worshiped God you end up in hell. Why not bet on that?

Why not bet on Kek?

>if you don't follow god's rules, you will burn in hell
>it's best to follow god's rules just in case
>let me conveniently ignore all the other gods that could potentially punish me for not worshipping them exclusively
Sounds like a foolproof argument.

LOOK At this Fucking HAT!!!

Not technically a fedora, but you know how crazy those religious wackos can be!

This should also count as a religious hat. It has the right shape and its edible

>all the other gods
yeah.
the larger body of pascal's work was going to provide an evidentiary basis for Christianity being true, and therefore all other religions being false.

pascal's wager in a vacuum fails when you pretend all theological beliefs have the same warrant

Le gai fedora

>tip my fedora
>turn 360 and walk away

Does God prefer atheism to idolatry?

If you only believe in christ because you dont want to go hell you are still going anyway.

Being a "skin deep" Christian is a thing

Hang on, wait a second neighborino

>pascal's argument for worshopping the christian god only works if you assume christianity to be true
>what is tautology?

Is this the same argentino that's a trans-woman?
Either way, kill yourself, nigger.

you've misrepresented what i was saying
>flag
oh, carry on

gods rules are the 10 commandments something a moral man should abide to anyway , but what would you know you are a jew

>if i claim you misrepresented what i was saying without offering any clarification, it'll make me look less retarded
Not really.

Yes.
"hurr, I could be wasting my entire existence for a ridiculous small chance, but hey! worth the risk!"

>eternal joy

How does that work?

>muh 10 commandments
You get punished anyway if you don't worship Jesus, or if you commit a sin (which could be something as trivial as lying) and don't ask Jesus for forgiveness.

you don't have to assume Christianity to be true, you just have to acknowledge there is more warrant for it than the other beliefs based on the evidence.

but ultimately: ---->

Trips of truth

>you just have to acknowledge there is more warrant for it than the other beliefs based on the evidence
Unless you assign Christianity being true a probability of 1 and everything else a probability of zero, it makes no difference because the risk is still infinite in all cases and you only have one try.

t. irrational
t. poor decision maker

>the risk is still infinite in all cases
how do you figure?

>God is good

Yes that is when you are a christian , when you are a jew or a atheist you are judged by the laws and your works

Because Pascal claims that no potential earthly benefits of rejecting God are worth it because eternal damnation is the worst thing conceivable. So as long as there's more than one god that can punish you with eternal damnation with a non-zero probability, you take an infinite risk no matter which one you choose, so it kinda breaks down.

Enjoy Jahannam, infidel. You'll eat poo poo and drink pee pee for eternity, inshadillah!