twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

F

>tfw meme magic failed

Fuck, I thought he had beaten it?

Cancer comes back user.

Just like a comic book character!

ALL AROUND ME ARE FAMILIAR FACES

Exactly user, in fiction the good guys never die.
Stefen will get better, just you wait.

Good speed, Stefan. God speed.

If you don’t catch every last single cell they just keep on dividing and it comes back.

As sad as this is, it's not surprising as it was very much likely to come back.

He played the Grinch?

FUCK

I wanted to believe he'd be the lucky one to beat it...

Tis a sad day, anons.

At least cancer will be cured in my lifetime.

no, I'm pretty sure cancer won't be cured until you die

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!

At least he will be with his family

Dammit man, depressing week. I had such optimism when he beat fucking stage 4 but I guess there's no stopping cancer.

I feel bad. I really do. But check out these wubba lubba dubs dubs.

After years of Sup Forums you should know that by now. You can never stop the cancer.

Why does it hurt, anons?

In stage adaptations.

I may be weird to say this but I always thought he could play Dr. Fate

Fuck cancer.

F-Fuck. Hope his Ossining is smooth.

F

Didn't scientist make some tests on rats that managed to erase all the ill cells by adding other ill cells? Did nothing come out of that?

Call the neighbors.. I want them to see this..

Yes. Then, they found out that it only works on rats, because biologists spent too much time on their anatomy than ours. They need human tests, fuck ethics. But where should they start?

I couldn't have asked for a better villain
He was number one

can i donate organs to help him out? we must do everything in our power to save him.

God dammit

can someone show him this video before its too late
youtube.com/watch?v=3vYxOztmmfM

Passing*

If I understand his situation right, the cancer has metastasized.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Look at this cancer cell, that I just found.

Now STOP. And watch it grow.

No.

Death is scary, anons. I'm a grown man, but I still fear it. And no matter how many times I talk about it, I never stop being scared of it. I hope I can do amazing things for as long as I live.

Even meme magic could not save him.

This a time for beautiful remixes.
youtube.com/watch?v=TH9_RMsQvek

Meme magic is only good for tragedies, not miracles.

I could never understand why this works so well.
not just as a joke like most of the shit on that channel, but this genuinely makes a great song that's both catchy and somewhat feelsy and I have no idea why or how.
And I'm not sure now is the best moment for it either.

You said it yourself. For some unknowable reason it gives me a sort of pleasant sadness. It matches my mood. I never thought it'd be the soundtrack to me contemplating life, but here we are.

I didnt need this...he deserved better

Cancer terrifies me. It's a literal death sentence.

Nah it just ran its course. It gave him extra it wouldn't have had otherwise.

This is not oke

You know big pharma in conjunction with the deep state would never allow a full cute for cancer. Our reality is just too cruel it seems.

can't we swap his cancer to george Clooney or something?

Truly the end of an era.

>can't we swap his cancer to george Clooney or something?
Yeah, he really deserves it after suburbicon, what an awful movie.

You'll always be number one to us Stefan. I hope our meme magic was enough to extend your enjoyment of life.

Don't know much about the pharmaceutical and medical industry but this is probably true.

If there's a way to get money by basically doing nothing its hard to imagine any corporation not taking their sweet, sweet time.

Meme magic can only kill.
See: Lemmy

Expect the whole internet to reave once more. Truly we live in the darkest timeline.

oh...

The endgame will probably be a very expensive pill that allows you to live with the cancer as long as you can afford to take it.

Exactly, i fucking hate american capitalism

You have to swap it to another Stefan.

Why is it always the most likeable people who go through the worst shit there is?
Why do the good ones always die first?
Why is the cosmic justice of this universe so backwards?
Between what happened to the Scatman and what's happening the The Number One, this is going to be impossible to listen to very soon...

always a dumb argument, whatever company develops "the cure" will make billions/trillions(be the richest corp in the world by a longshot). and not all research is under big pharma, there's thousands of different researchers/groups out there and if one actually finds a cure they will be rich and immortalized in the history books.

the recent stanford one? still very early but highly hopeful, will need some more research and several years of safety testing and trials.

user, do you really think that the heads of these cabels would let one company give a cure that would destroy the billion dollar cancer research industry?

>If there's a way to get money by basically doing nothing its hard to imagine any corporation not taking their sweet, sweet time.

The first company that makes a real cure will make the most by faaaaar. Even if they were all heartless bastards that don't care about saving lives, the monetary incentive alone has the big pharmacies trying their damnedest to race to be the first.

Sadly its not like that. Cancer is an incredibly complex disease that is unique to each person; That means that there is no one cure for it. Then from the potential cure the researches are developing, most of them end up leading to nowhere or not helping us at all, like the rat cure posted above. On top of it, there are strict rules and process a potential cure has to pass before even dreaming to reach human testing.

I would also love to blame big pharma for not delevoping a cure, but they would sell it at the first moment they would have it because money is money and the developement of a cure wont displace the other treatments; they would just make the cure increadibly costly compared to everything else. Its just that these things take time and money, and not all cancer researches recieve the same ammount of those.

>Exactly, i fucking hate american capitalism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_pharmaceutical_companies_by_revenue
Only 10 of the top 20 are American/USA. conspiracy theory not found.

Certain types can be; but things like breast, colon and testicular seem to have much lower fatality rates than pancreatic and brain cancers. Get check ups regularly and nip in the bud early.

No it isn't. Because there isn't "a cure for cancer". The push of that idea is a gross simplification.
There are loads and loads and loads of different cancers, that involve very different parts of the body, that can evolve in very different ways. That's why talking about "curing cancer" is extremely reductive and why the legendary "cure for cancer" cannot exist, and ultimately why all the talk of it being prevented by big pharma is nothing more than conspiracy theory. Because you cannot find one cure for cancer. That would be like finding "a cure for infections", all infections on anything. That's just not how these things work.
Cancer is a very broad type of disease, many in that category we can cure, some easily some not so much, some not at all, some only at certain stages, etc.

First company with the theoretical working cure for all types of cancer would became rich beyond imagination, it is silly to assume, that they would just hide it, especially given how many people would have worked on developing and testing it, we are talking hundreds, and they all would have to keep they lips shut. Real problem is, that cancer is not one disease, it is a vast spectrum of diseases wich science can't even properly classify yet. There was interesting study some time ago in wich doctors tested a new drug on patients divided not according to traditional types of cancer ie. colorectal, pancreatic and so on, but instead they analysed specific genetic mutation, and they found that it worked wonderfully on a small % of patients whose cancer had one specific mutation, regardless of type and did nothing for the vast majority. Perhaps in future we would be able to figure out what exactly went wrong with cancer cells that made them go rogue in every specific pacient and tailor therapy specificly for that unique cancer, but it would be very expensive and timely, and time can be short for oncological patients...

I thought he was really going to beat it. Wasn't it not very long ago he was even hopeful?

Oh, no. That's so sad.

Also, who the fuck is Stefán Karl Stefánsson?

Metastasis is a bitch.

Fine, i fucking hate international capitalism

Why must all the good men die so young

It's a double edged sword. Without it, lots of stuff would suck. American capitalism is responsible for the original Silicon Valley boom and basically the age of technology as we know it

>the recent stanford one?
That's the one I'm talking about.

F

Well, they apparently did perform a whipple procedure on him, that means that there was some hope, otherwise no surgeon would bother with such difficult, risky and debiliating operation. Still, pancreatic cancer is really a bad one, and likes to spread early and silently, creating dozens of small, untraceable metastases very early on.

pour one out for the number one guy

Fuck, fuck, FUUUUUUUUCK

Why?
Just... why does cancer fuck with everything that people and I love?
Is this punishment?
Is this penance?
Is this some kind of sick joke at our mortality which already sucks?

Cheers.

>responsible for the original Silicon Valley boom and basically the age of technology as we know it
You mean how everything besides smart phones has basically stagnated for thirty years, compared to all the advancements we made from the 40s to the 80s?

Cancer is the disease that appears when all other lethal diseases have been eradicated. Sadly, it is prominent only because modern medicine is so good.

Kys

>I thought he had beaten it?
Nah. It was just morons on Sup Forums who kept screaming that successful removal of tumors that *spread to his liver* meant that his pancreatic cancer was gone. I told those fucks that they didn't understand how cancer works, even going so far as to pull up Stefan's own quotes from an interview saying that his daughters would grow up without him and that he'd be lucky to live another 2 years, but of course they ignored me.

youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY
Fuck gookmoot for not gracing us with the ability to post weebm's with audio

We tried.

Find something you love to share with others, and never stop. Eventually you won't care about death.

But things havent stagnated at all. Compare 1978 to now. Things are pretty different in those 40 years.

>Just... why does cancer fuck with everything that people and I love?
Bercause we've come so far.
A person's risk of growing a tumor increases with age. Cancer is becoming more and more prevalent as time goes because we've become so good at preventing or curing other sicknesses.
And come to think of it, maybe that's why it's always the "good people" who get it. Because they have not put themselves in danger with self-desctuctive behaviors like drug consumption, too much alcohol or tobacco, stuff like that.

We should have robots and and other technological advancements now. Besides culture not much significant has changed.

We do have robots.

A cancer treatment not dissimilar to the AIDS treatment?

>should
Why?
Plus, it's not as if they aren't already there. You can't disregard the fact that industrial robots have been here for decades now just because you don't have your sci-fi house robot yet.
FFS we have instant communication worldwide with video and audio.
It's also funny you should say that culture has significantly changed when quite a lot of things have been stagnating since the 90s in that field, though it's starting to move again somehow

we do have robots and other technological advancements.