Degrees of Heroism?

You know, given all the recent furor over comics - and venturing into the murky, uncertain ground of politics - is it possible to heroically fight for causes that aren't politically correct?

For instance, after watching Black Panther, it's pretty obvious that Killmonger is a black supremacist / facist. Could a new Captain America (for example) heroically fight for Trump's America? Alternatively, could a vigilante target solely black-on-white crime, or crime committed by illegal immigrants?

Like, let's say the mass sexual assault of German women in Cologne. What if a vigilante only targeted Muslim criminals? (I don't mean brutalizing random Muslims, but if there's a crime committed or about to be committed by a Muslim, he's there to beat the shit out of them.)

I mean, crime is crime, right? I mention this because I read the preview of Alt-Hero, and I note that the opening arc has a vigilante break up a Muslim child-abduction ring (like the one that was uncovered in Britain a while ago).

Do you have to hold acceptable opinions to be a hero?

holy shit fuck off

You don't, but it gets uncomfortably racist. This is why Captain America never fought ISIS.

Yeah, but Simon Spurrier's recent The Shadow run has the titular protagonist attempt the assassination of the President. You can't tell me that's not deliberately provocative.

Why can't it go both ways?

I'm just going to give your (you) right now and avoid the mass of shit that this thread will become.

desu we need to just start genociding anyone politically right of Trudeau at this point. Republican posts on this site just keep getting dumber and dumber.

The whole point of comics, which both SJWs and alt-right shitheads miss, is escapist. Cramming in a political message just takes away from the enjoyment of it. No-one wants to deal with that shit.

Stop making garbage threads please

UH OH SOME OBVIOUS POLITICAL BAIT, BETTER BUMP THE THREAD 500 TIMES

LOL CONSEEVATIVES ARE DUMB

MOD AGREES WITH ME SO THAT'S WHY HE WON'T BAN ME ;)

Because society generally believes Justice should be blind and impartial to elements such as race, a crime is a crime. Having a hero who would ignore some injustices to focus on others blatantly based on race goes against that idea.

Also having a comic turn into a political wank fest is never good, regardless of what side it leans towards.

>I mean, crime is crime, right? I mention this because I read the preview of Alt-Hero, and I note that the opening arc has a vigilante break up a Muslim child-abduction ring (like the one that was uncovered in Britain a while ago).

The art literally made my eyes bleed in that one. Again, you simply can't do that because it goes against the values we hold as a society. Yes, you might not agree with them, but that's how it is.

But I've been using the magical no bump spell..

I agree that its very one sided when people do stuff like , but i dont think either side should put their extremes in comics. But going after violent terrorists is always accepted in comics.

>uncomfortably racist
no such thing

Dont' forget that it started off with the Shadow stopping a school shooting and mocking the people involved.

What? When did the writing in the shadow take a nose dive?

Read the Simon Spurrier run, the 7-issue series that came in 2017.

>break up a Muslim child-abduction ring
>you simply can't do that because it goes against the values we hold as a society
what

I mean that you can't specifically target a racial group in your crimefighting. If you're a white guy and you target only black criminals, you look like a gigantic racist.

Imagine being this autistic not because you were born this way, but its what reading what the older kids on the internet wrote instead.

So he would let a white rapist or a yellow murderer get off scot-free? Not very heroic, in my opinion.

But there's crime everywhere, and our hypothetical hero would only focus on a single type of it. Spiderman doesn't try to solve the Syrian Civil War, for example.

>I mean that you can't specifically target a racial group in your crimefighting
Yes, you can. Law enforcement profiles all the time. You go where the crime is. If I want to go fishing I don't cast my line in a swimming pool. I go to where the fish are.
>you look like a gigantic racist
And?

But he's focusing on racial lines rather than a particular kind of crime.

Think of Nighthawk. He only protected black people and the comic treats this as unequivocally wrong.

>The fight for Truth, Justice and the legalization of bestiality

In Supreme Power, the reboot, Nighthawk was an unabashed racist. He had his reasons, but he was one hundred percent a racist. (He even called The Blur a 'house nigger'.)

Exactly. He acted along racial lines rather than morality. He was wrong.

That's true, but we're talking about a vigilante here. He's not beholden to any code of law except what he makes for himself. Would Batman be any less heroic if his arch-nemesis was Black Manta?

Boy, whites are so insecure.

That's like asking if a Myanmar superhero would only target Rohingyans.

Sage, hide and report, people. It's not that hard.

Trump won and most comic book writers/artists are leftist schizoids so everything becomes propaganda.

If he was going after Black Manta specifically because he was black, yes, he'd be less heroic.

He wouldn't be fighting to stop injustice and save people, he'd be fighting just because fuck Darkie.

/thread

>The guy who only stopped crime only if its one races and is totally fine with the other race doing said crime is a racist
Wow, who'd a thunk?

They can't help it, they're uncreative and lack the ability to be subtle.

Yes, because memetic value aside, Black Manta is less of a threat than the Joker.

>Republican posts on this site just keep getting dumber and dumber.
Do you think you're an intellectual?

>it's a "comblr pretends racism is bad" episode

Oh boy i can't wait for 500 posts from virgin white men calling republicans evil because MUH NAZIS and shit

If you would consider someone who wouldn't stop your kid from being raped because the rapist was Taoist instead of Muslim to be a hero then you are retarded and a bad person, sorry.

>This is why Captain America never fought ISIS.
ISIS are no different from Nazis of the 40s. In fact they are arguably worse.

Hahaha oh wow. Never become a cop, please.

But I'm sure the mother whose kid was about to be raped by a Muslim will consider him a hero. It's all about perspective. If you're a poor guy, Batman is a rich white fetishists who beats up economically-disadvantaged young men for kicks.

>pretends racism is bad
You whites keep surprising me every day.

>Batman is a rich white fetishists who beats up economically-disadvantaged young men for kicks.
OH BOY NEVER SEEN THIS GROUND BREAKING TAKE ON THE CHARACTER BEFORE

>straight racist white men are the same as poor Muslims trying to maintain their theocratic state

Um no sweetie

Isn't that sort of like an exception? The Fixer didn't hate muslims, he only targeted that specific terrorist cell. It's the difference between targeting the Taleban and randomly blowing up mosques.

>economically-disadvantaged young men

So you admit Jews are behind black oppression?

Moral relativism is truly a mental illness.

Hold up, I'm gonna need an explanation on this one.

This could actually be a good arc in another comic, a hero who targets one specific type of crime, and while he's not technically doing anything wrong, it makes other heroes super-uncomfortable. You could do a lot with it, honestly.

The pathetic part about this is that OP isn't even trying to hide his racism and simply replacing it with coyness.

A political Incorrect hero can function and be an interesting analysis, just look at a character like Rorschach or Judge Dredd.

But OP doesn't even want that. He doesn't want to analyse the opinions of a hero with questionable beliefs or ideals that go against how public perceives certain viewpoints. He's asking absolutely retard questions like "huur what if batman only went after black people BUT IS TOTALLY NOT RACIST GUYS HONEST". He doesn't want thought provoking narratives, he wants to be pandered too. He's no better then a SJW.

The reboot of the Shadow, set in 2017, focuses on a nurse who discovers a badly-burnt man. This man is implied to be the Shadow. Tied into the story is a narrative about how the Shadow once picked a young man and basically 'programmed' him, giving him benefits like slowed aging, increased intelligence and so on.

The man went completely off the fucking reservation, and became a crime boss who rebelled against any form of authority (as depicted in the form of Thomas Hobbes 'Leviathan'.)

In the last issue, the Shadow sends his brainwashed pawn (it's complicated) to infiltrate the White House. The pawn strangles the Vice-President before he's gunned down by security. It turns out that this was all done to #ResistDrumpf.

How do you think cops work? Do you think they patrol white suburbs all day?
>randomly blowing up mosques.
The OP specifically stated this was not the case, though. The hypothetical hero would target CRIMINALS within an ethnic/racial minority, as in "gee, this group of people is really struggling. i should clean up some of the trash so they can do better!"

If SJWs can be pandered too, why can't it go both ways?

>Le horseshoe theory
>Rorscach is politically incorrect

Opinion discarded, learn to be informed

>If people can make shit, why can't we get more shit
If you want shit that's fine, but don't try to paint it as anything more than that.

Boy get out of here if you think non-sjws have never been pandered to.

>It turns out that this was all done to #ResistDrumpf.

So is the president just unpleasant and unpopular, or is he involved in some sort of genuine criminal conspiracy?

As far as I can tell (It's been a while) he wasn't.

Still up in the air but chances are he was not, they would have found a stronger through line by now if he was, but people around him were.

Oh you were talking about in the comics not real life lol.

This is what I was talking about with in that you could have a really good story. Introduce a new hero in someone else's book, a crime-fighting vigilante. Things are all well and good for a while, but eventually someone goes "Hey, ever wonder why the new guy spends so much time patrolling certain neighborhoods and only brings in certain kinds of crooks?" Leave it really ambiguous about what the new hero's motivations are and you could have a compelling story.

Fuck, someone should give it a look to see if it's Storytime of Pain material.

Hey, did you see Prince Soyboy setting back Canada/Indian relations by a thousand fucking years this week?

'cause we did and it was hilarious.

>Rorschach or Judge Dredd
>political Incorrect

Well that's acting on the assumption that the hero in question would literally turn a blind eye to a crime happening directly in front of him just because it isn't the sort that he generally focuses on or is on the lookout for. I think if such an idea was to be done right, they would save that person anyway.

>lol let's just invite a convicted extremist because all indians are the same rite?
fucking lel

>He's asking absolutely retard questions like "huur what if batman only went after black people BUT IS TOTALLY NOT RACIST GUYS HONEST". He doesn't want thought provoking narratives, he wants to be pandered too.
I see no evidence of this.

when in rome do as the romans do

That manga is great. You should post that whole sequence, including the part where his daughter got killed by a suicide bomber.

OH SHIT YOU GOT
S W E E T I E D

>Rorschach is PC.

You guys realize that "politically incorrect" doesn't mean Sup Forums, right?

It could be executed as an interesting character analysis and look into uncomfortable ideas such as "Should a hero be a hero if he's clearly prejudiced/racist and only stopping specific crimes for his own selfishness" but the way OP describes it he sounds like someone who is trying to argue he's totally not racist and simply just has a intense loathing and distrust of black people is all.

So yeah, this story could in fact work, but OP is still a raging faggot.

Indians don't walk around with their hands together bowing to every random person, though.

OP is literally a fucking cuckold, he would let his wife be gang raped as long as the rapists aren't niggers or mudslimes.

>rich white guy who's using his privilege to LARP as a superhero and beats up the disenfrachised while leaving upper-class fatcats in peace
Batman may not be a racist but he sure is a classist.

It's probably even taboo in India to put your hands together; they don't exactly have access to toilet paper, so one hand's gotta be designated for that.

See over on /tg/ people would just ignore the OP's intentions, then take the ball and run with it. We should be more like /tg/ in that regard.

Well, yeah? There's majorly white towns and cities in the US, and they have all sorts of crime anyway. It's obviously not violent crime (because small towns lack this), but there's definitely plenty of cop activity around these areas just the same.
Shrewsbury, in Massachusetts, has all sorts of breakings and thievery as well as unregulated drug use, and it's like 50K population over there... Of 90% white people. Pretending all crime fine from black people only because of statistics that collate ALL DATA including major cities with ghettos is definitely misguided, but I'm not surprised this is the reductionist mentality that justifies racism.

Literally nothing Rorschach did was wrong tho.

>I don't want snakes or crocodiles or any other kind of animal to kill me
LOL! THIS FAGGOT WANTS TO BE KILLED BY LIGHTNING, RETARD!!! LOLOL

To be fair, a disproportionate amount of crimes are committed by black people.

>Pretending all crime fine from black people only because of statistics that collate ALL DATA including major cities with ghettos is definitely misguided, but I'm not surprised this is the reductionist mentality that justifies racism.

But these are the exact same statistics lefties run to when crying about gun violence, which is next to non-existent in small towns and epidemic in large cities, and is perpetrated almost entirely by black males.

I'd be more inclined to believe your good intentions if you were at least honest.

To be fair, you should actually look into the numbers instead of blaming it all into demographics. It's actually white people the ones who commit more crimes, it just seems less because there's more of them.

>stormfront nazi memes

>Pretending all crime fine from black people
Nobody is saying this.

based

/thread

This site is supposed to be 18+

superheroes don't pick and choose who to protect and punish, justice is blind, it's why most superheroes are reactionary the villains need to be shown as guilty

Anti-Heroes like the Punisher can pick and chose who to go after because it's not about protecting the innocent it's about self gratification the Anti-Hero gets from punishing the guilty.

you German vigilante doesn't care about the assaulted women he just need validation to act out his own aggression against Muslims

>It's actually white people the ones who commit more crimes
That poster was stupid, but the gist of his comment is factually correct.

A disproportionate amount of VIOLENT crimes, including murder, are committed by black people.

I'm shocked no one's mentioned Jewish conspiracies yet.

It would be incredibly boring because you just KNOW that his nemesis would end up being someone from than specific group. Imagine Black Manta saying that Aquaman is racist, but unironically and going on forever and ever.

He was talking about per capita. In other words, in most mixed-race areas, the blacks will proportionately be responsible for more crimes than the whites, even if the whites are more responsible for more crimes total.

You mean this one?

Just a fantastic job by the mods tonight

Why are you assuming everyone who argues against you is an evil gun grabbing lefty? What does this say about your intentions and honesty?

I wish we had these threads 24/7. Sup Forums needs tumblr repellent very badly.

Jesus, man. You know, I think this is the only depiction of Muslim terrorism I've seen in manga.

hilariously enough this thread is better than most festering septic tanks of the /generals/ that litter this board.

Considering all the shit Black Manta has pulled just to fuck with Aquaman it's actually surprising he hasn't started accusing him of racist profiling yet.

So far the thread has stayed decent, same with the Scott Adams one. I'm sure mods will nuke it if it devolves into Sup Forums-tier bad-faith shitflinging.