JSA Storytime: Question

Good evening owls,

late show

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nq_SpRBXRmE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So Samnee, Walta, and Coipel are done at Marvel, have they been poached?

thank god for strong beer

Let's go Samnee Legion!

I can see him going creator-owned too, he's now got the exposure to be able to sell it

Yeah.

And Coipel is probably going to get a pretty penny for that show concept he and Millar are doing for Netflix

I was under the impression that Coipel was going to DC after his thing with Millar is done. Also, lol at Marvel being scared of Rich the Leach.

yeah, although it's actually distressing that they're being *that* paranoid, you know?

Can Samnee do a team book?

i thought Shazam as did i think everyone else.

Hype as fuck for a King/Walta reunion.

I honestly do think that Samnee is going to be the artist for Shazam.

apropos of nothing, it was bracing to read old letters from people who approved of what happened at Kent State

I can't wait for those CBR posters try to justify how Marvel is right to be paranoid around those "bigoted" retailers.

Shazam?
I dunno, I'd rather Coipel

let's be honest, the NEW AGE OF DC HEROES books are about as exciting as wet TP, but it wasn't a totally awful idea

It really wasn't.

I am still pissed that New Challengers got downgraded to a mini.

The conference on lockdown with security guards is batshit. Everything Marvel does these days is batshit.

ummmm

Lemire on a team book seems like a mistake, so does bringing in Tom Strong

OP IS A FUCKING FAGGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's, like, guaranteed to make people do things out of sheer perversity

And man Didio's writing so does not work with spreads.

He needs compact panelling.

I've missed you, sugartits

We now have dates for the Ink and Zoom titles:
Upcoming DC Zoom titles include:

>DC Super Hero Girls: Search for Atlantis by Shea Fontana – October 18th, 2018
>Superman of Smallville by Art Franco and Baltazar – February 19th, 2019
>Super Sons by Ridley Pearson – April 19th, 2019
>Black Canary: Ignite by Meg Cabot – May 19th, 2019
>Dear Justice League by Michael Northrop – May 19th, 2019
>Batman Tales: Once Upon a Crime by Derek Fridolfs and Dustin Nguyen – July 19th, 2019
>Batman: Overdrive by Shea Fontana and Marcelo Di Chiara – August 19th, 2019
>Green Lantern: Legacy by Minh Le – October 19th, 2019
>Superman Smashes the Klan by Gene Luen Yang (TBD released monthly).

Upcoming DC Ink titles include:

>Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass by Mariko Tamaki and Steve Pugh – September 18th, 2018
>Mera by Danielle Page – November 18th, 2018 (still no artist, huh)
>Under the Moon: A Catwoman Tale by Lauren Myracle – February 19th, 2019
>Teen Titans: Raven by Kami Garcia – March 19th (the first in a six-book deal covering Teen Titans), 2019
>Gotham High by Melissa de la Cruz – August 19th, 2019
>Wonder Woman: Tempest Tossed by Laurie Halse Anderson – November 19th, 2019
>Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu – November 19th, 2019

There were also some BC rumors about Marvel again, but I didn't read the posts closely. I think they suggest that Dr. Strange is done after Damnation (plausible since Walta is gone now), and that Cates will be doing a Ghost Rider book. I think there was also something about Captain America #1ing again on July 4th

I won't be able to find it because of the sheer volume of news we get daily, but it reminds me of that 'Trump student interns leaked that they were warned not to leak anything' article from a while back.

I want weirder and stranger YA authors to start getting hired by the big two.

Or all the "We had twenty sources on this story" stories

its like they got all these writers to do stuff they're not good at
>Johns writing a Moore sequel
DC just doesn't make sense to me anymore

If he writes it like he's been writing Black Hammer (focus on one member of the family with each issue while telling an ongoing story) then it could be good.

well how are you owls today

I'm gonna drink this beer and then go run around and kill some things

Cates Fantastic Four rumor too
hope Strange isn't cancelled, didn't like Walta's work on it anyways though

Pretty good.
Pre-ordered the fuck out of Sunshine & Roses Vol. 1.

And someone I know wanted to create an America-esque character, but in their words - "not shit", so been having fun shooting the shit over that.

Jesus Christ, what is wrong with you, you maniac? You just up and admit you're a fucking murderer?

There's a lot of variations on it but Myra sure is a damsel in distress in this run.

I feel like I'm finally starting to get out of this rut that I've been in for a while so good!

lol

oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Is this a bad starting point for LoSH?

5YL is....complicated

I would not remotely start there

jesus fucking christ, hub city rats

Do not start with 5 Years Later

It's so so good though

youtube.com/watch?v=nq_SpRBXRmE

Work's been stressing me the fuck out. Can't wait until I get out of this dump

>Super Sons
yes
>Superman Smashes the Klan by Gene Luen Yang
yes

I haven't seen any comics news for like a month so I have no idea what Zoom and Ink are but I'm on board just from those two

I liked it

>I can see him going creator-owned too, he's now got the exposure to be able to sell it
Hopefully he stays the fuck away from Waid.

I keep thinking about getting into Black Hammer. Mostly because both the spin off minis have artists I really like on them.

It's really good, check it out

I've only read the first trade, but it was very good. A mystery has been set up, and the entire cast is fleshed out through the first trade. Dean Ormston is on art, so it is pretty stylized, but his art isn't for everyone.

Zoom and Ink are the YA and young readers imprints

umm, we're back...maybe Sunday late? If not, Tuesday

Dang, missed it. Coming in late.

How the fuck did I miss this thread?

I could honestly spend a good hour or so talking about this page. It's probably my favorite Lady Shiva moment of the entire run.
Hal's job is to destroy ruined, derelict buildings that are crumbling under their own weight so new, better things can be built on them. It's a job he enjoys, and so does Shiva, because she does the same thing with people. They're both, in their own ways, destroyers and rebuilders. And it goes back to something she'd said a couple of issues back, how Vic reminded her of herself when she was younger. Lady Shiva is interested in people who she can see herself in, doesn't matter where they come from or what they do. It also explains a little why she doesn't care about Myra at all, because Myra's resigned sense of duty to others is as far away from Shiva's aloof detachment as humanly possible.
At the risk of sounding like a massive elitist, this page is a bit of a litmus test for every other Lady Shiva appearance ever. If the Shiva you're writing couldn't do this, share breakfast with a random demolition worker because she feels a kinship to him, then that's not a good Shiva.

G'night OP, thanks, and be excellent to each other, thread!

I fucking love this cover

It's my mission in life to make the story behind this cover a reality. Superman and Doomsday palling it around while traveling through time? Hell yes.

God damn it Hooley.

>And someone I know wanted to create an America-esque character, but in their words - "not shit", so been having fun shooting the shit over that.
With Joe Casey?

>Shiva bonds with a demolition worker over breaking stuff

Kind of. It's basically the beginning of the End of Pre-Crisis LoSH, which despite being in the future was kind of the last piece of the DC universe to hold onto it's Pre-Crisis continuity. The Bierbaums in particular is hated, mostly because they made Dream Girl fat.

I'd write a Shiva/Katehunter mini

Wait, didn't he already do Hero with a Thousand Faces?

they said "not shit"

Shiva would absolutely despise Kate. For similar reasons why she doesn't like Myra.

I liked a lot of those covers, especially Hal and 2001

the bierbaums are hated because they did the worst retcons in comics

retcon isn't the right word because that implies it's canon or meant to be remembered

they'd be in outer space though

Bump

I knew this was gonna be your favourite bit.

You think despise? She wouldn't be on board with Kate's murdering of others for Kate's *reasons* at all, I think. So she'd either see some potential there and try to push Kate past that, or she just wouldn't care.

It's just really something, ain't it? At first it looks weird and random, like some comedy beat or even wish fulfillment, but the more you think about it the more it just makes sense.
And can you imagine any other Shiva doing this? Dixon's "How christian of you", or Simone's "DEAR LORD DEATH, WHAT HATH YOU BROUGHT ME?", or Tynion's "Gonna torture these dudes in front of their boss for hours just 'cause", any of them doing something like this? None of those have the kind of depth necessary for this. But here, in literally just two panels, it already sets up everything you need to make this feel completely natural and organic to her character.
Literally how can other Shivas compare? Puckett's kinnnda could, but got too wrapped up in fightan.