Monsters, Inc

What's the correct way to watch the Monsters movies Sup Forums, as someone who has never seen either of them would it be a better experience to watch the prequel first to then follow the original film, or the original film as it was intended for the audience then the prequel?

I wouldn’t watch University at all 2bh, it was plain bad

1st one to get a feel for the characters before they were raped, then second just shits and giggles

So University sucks? Well that's kinda disappointing

University isn't bad, it's just a generic college movie. But my main issue with it is just that it doesn't really have that cool "jazzy" tone that the original film does. It has the same characters, but not the same "feel" whatsoever. I really with it was just a sequel instead.
Of course what's funny is that it makes the PS1 Monsters Inc game I played as a kid sorta fit into canon.

Watch Monsters Inc. then pretend Monsters University doesn't exist, it is nothing but an american college movie with monsters.

Watch Inc, then university.

Don't listen to the haters, University is a pretty cool movie.

MIKE WAZOWSKI!

University is fine, easily Pixar's best since Toy Story 3. Not that that's saying much, but still.

Whether you like University or not depends entirely on if you're okay with it being pointless.

The original and then university.

I don't know, I thought the Big Scare at the summer camp was pretty cool.

Watch it for yourself.
I avoided this movie because what people were saying, and surprising it became one of my favorite pixar movie. It also has a rare message in a kid's film.

SPOILERS MAN

This.
If the original is a 10/10 than University is a comfy 7/10. Not amazing like the first one, but it's not a bad watch at all.
And the CG looks really beautiful compared to the first one.

I was a kid when this movie came out and it always looked like trash. Billy fuckin' Crystal? For real? I'm supposed to go from Tom Hanks to Billy fuckin' Crystal? Yall needed to keep that motherfucker up in new york! And the whole conceit of this movie is shit. It's their job to scare kids? WTF? For electricity? And there's a couple of assholes who work there too? Who the fuck cares!

That being said, I came into Monsters University with zero expectations and I enjoyed myself quite decently.

youre supposed to watch the original film while playing Dark Side of the Moon and the prequel with The Wall

It’s fine, don’t be put off by it

>I know you, I know what you were, what you are. Monsters don't change, YOU'RE GREEN WITH IT, and green with it I can handle just fine but green with it with a scaring degree is like a chimp with a machine gun
Jesus Sully really did dig deep into Mikey in that scene in monsters inc

This

The answer is ALWAYS release order.