Why doesn't Adult Swim want to air my Gravity Falls knock-off?

>Why doesn't Adult Swim want to air my Gravity Falls knock-off?
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=432&v=qU17s9RjBq0
adultswim.com/streams/development-meeting/thursday-february-15th-2018

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qg6BwvDcANg
adultswim.com/streams/development-meeting/thursday-february-22nd-2018
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=432&v=qU17s9RjBq0
youtube.com/watch?v=m1GIFsT5Yng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>collecting Zelda merch
Confirmed subhuman.

who was in the wrong here?

Wow she really love triangles

>10 minutes
nope.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qg6BwvDcANg

Probably because of autism.

What did she expect? She knew what was going to happen.

Why are cartoon reviewers so stupid?

Who do you think?

Weird, she's cute, and sharing some of my hobbies I should be attracted to her, but the autism is so strong I can't even get a boner. Do I have the same effect in normie girls?

She thought her idea was so good that they would talk about it the next week, and, when they didn't, she went on an autistic rant in the chat. They told her to stop and this triggered her even more, so she made a youtube video.

Yes.

Whats the time stamp of her pitch?

WTF is with her CalArts dental work?

My understanding is she didn't get to pitch. She bitched in chat about how unprofessional the hosts are and the chat and hosts called her names and told her to fuck off, which she took offense to.

Can't imagine why professionals don't want to work with her

I want to see her "Gravity Falls knock-off" before I finishing judging this person. Where is it?

Is the Adult Swim stream slow for anyone else? I'm trying to skim through, but it buffers for 30 seconds each time.

OP, For being a fagget.

>that avatar
dumb, legbeard.

Eh I expected her to be a lot more autistic from this post and thread. Adult Swim does act pretty childish and rude a lot but she should already know this and not be surprised that they dick people around. They've done this for forever. If you think they are gonna take you seriously or act professional you are deluded. But most people "pitching" shows who aren't family or friends with the network are deluded. You need a personal connection because that is how this usually works nobody wants to hear about your "cartoon idea."

They are mostly a collection of aging hipsters who are convinced they are the coolest people on Earth. And then spend most of their time trying to act as "cool" as they assume themselves to be and hope people notice.

She's right. Suck it, OP.

Like you?

Fuck me, I'm trying to sit through this, but her completely misplaced anger and lack of deductive reasoning is practically blinding in it's concentration. I made it three and a half minutes in, which was enough to hear her mention her own studio, and how people try for years to get a pitch heard.

Bad news, kid: a studio apartment doesn't actually count, and in all the years that you've probably been trying to get your fanfic cartoon pitch heard, you should have happened across the word "nepotism" and started trying to make real connections instead of depending on a known bunch of jerks from a late-night jerk broadcast to suddenly be reputable and sincere, on top of the fact that she fully admits that her series concept wasn't suited for the programming block these guys are a part of. Full-blown stupid.

This video is going to make it an estimated 2.5 gorillion times harder for her to ever get a foot in the door now. I'd wish her luck, but when you have a channel icon of yourself wearing a fedora and fingerless gloves, there is no hope.

another angry girl with glasses making a video complaining about men just what the world needs

her parents for 20+ years of parenting mistakes

>anim
>anima
>tor
>an-i maaaaaaaa -t-t
>tor
>animattttttt
>tor
>crea-tor
>content creator

The AD pitch parties are filled with idiots who go there just to fuck with things by pitching unintelligible bullshit. So things are made fun of because they are pitched to be made fun of. It's people fucking with the AD staff and the Staff laughing at it.

Her comment that "I thought this was a serious place.." is just insane, or she has no physical capacity to grasp just about everything there.

What's her idea about?

You know, the first thing anyone making a pitch to a company is supposed to do is research the company. This is drilled into a lot of people, you look up everyone involved, what they have, how they work, who they hire EVERYTHING. A pitch is 80% research so you know who you are selling your idea to.

It is clear she never did this, and genuinely has no idea what Adult Swim is even like in the first place. I am not entirely convinced that she has even made a pitch to anyone or knows how the process works outside of a classroom.

I'd say around 23:50

Does anyone have the stream? This foot fetish stuff sounds fucking hilarious

adultswim.com/streams/development-meeting/thursday-february-22nd-2018

>42:21 when she starts to rant on chat
EyeofSol: This is kinda bullshit.
EyeofSol: A show about feet gets considered
EyeofSol: Yeah, screw everyone who puts -- effort and care into their concepts. We'll just make a show about a foot fetish.
And then she starts ranting at other people until the stream ended. They didn't tell her to fuck off, they just said to ignore the guy who's throwing a tantrum.

It makes sense. Someone's throwing a tantrum, don't acknowledge that person and move on.

This is what they mean by easily hurt snowflake

Summarize the whole thing.

So she pitched something that was basically just drama with no humor aspect. Says the humor would come naturally, like Rick and Morty. Also I thought they did do a good job asking questions about her pitch.

She sounds like she's from Sup Forums and has no sense of humor/autism so again basically Sup Forums.

I'm not watching her rant because fuck that but if that's the art she's pitching I'm not surprised.
Not that Adult Swim is the bastion of good art design but it looks like shit.
I'm sure the character on the left is the main character but it doesn't look like a comedy especially not the Adult Swim tier comedy.

>youtube.com/watch?time_continue=432&v=qU17s9RjBq0
That might be some of the least interesting character design I have ever seen.
>implying Sup Forums wouldn't be on board for a fetishy show

If you can't handle two people nitpicking your content at a developmental meeting, you'd have a mental breakdown if it got to a worldwide audience.

why would this pitching stream even amount to any real show?
did she really expect anything?

Jesus, how clueless can you be?

Adult Swim is inherently low concept. Every single one of their shows can be described in 5 words or less. You can watch any episode at any time. Humor comes before story/characters, and she clearly has the opposite mentality.

Simply put, adult swim has one of the strongest brand identities of any channel out there. It was never a question of "is this good?" but rather "is this good for ADULT SWIM?". And guess what? A surreal foot fetish show is unquestionably a better fit for adult swim than a Gravity Falls/Infinity Train type show.

>low concept
you're getting low concept and high concept mixed up

>thinks the show isn't fit for Adult Swim
>pitches to Adult Swim anyway
>complains about Adult Swim gravitating to stupid shit
>when Adult Swim has done nothing but crazy strange bullshit
>be bossy and try to wag your finger at the stream host
>get told to fuck off
>cry
>"WHY ARE YOU TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY"
She might be mentally ill. She starts the video complaining that the foot pitch is stupid then gets emotional and says all ideas are valid.
People like her are are the ones getting into companies like Nick and Disney and don't get how the industry works.
Very rarely do companies take pitches from no names. You have to know a guy who knows a guy who have clout.

>And guess what? A surreal foot fetish show is unquestionably a better fit for adult swim than a Gravity Falls/Infinity Train type show.
True - AS has aired weirder shit than that. They greenlit Assy McGee for fuck's sake.

>She's cute
How can someone be so wrong

even if her show was better crafted, had a clear idea of how she wanted it and had the talent
it just seems waaay to expensive to be made for adult swim

She pitched an idea. They spitball a bit.
A week later she goes to the stream to see if there's any feedback about her idea.
She sees AS likes an idea about feet and offers a deal.
She gets upset and starts ranting
AS says "let's ignore the guy that's mad in chat"
She makes a video about how AS doesn't take the stream serious and how they should be serious to the people with serious good ideas. Professionalism.

What did she expect?
AS aired Peewee's playhouse and when people complained they had a bumper telling them to suck it up. And then they had a Peewee's playhouse marathon.

Adult Swim hasn't taken a traditional pitch for an animated show in ages. Apollo Gauntlet and Jellies were just them buying preexisting web series. Tender Touches was them just letting the FishCenter guys do whatever they wanted. Hot Streets is an adaptation of a web short. Mike Tyson Mysteries was picked up almost entirely due to Mike Tyson's attachment, they did most of the development after signing him on. Even their golden boy Rick and Morty was them saying "hey Harmon, want a show?" and Harmon saying "Roiland should have a show".

This is more of a show that would be on Toonami because that's what Samurai Jack was on, and Beware the Batman and Symbionic Titan. But no one who watches Toonami is going to watch this shit, they would only air a well established existing IP being it's not anime. It's best pitched as just a kid's show if anything.

Typical, she straight up lies saying they told her to fuck off and called her a bitch and just tore into to her. They didn't even know she was female.
And you wonder why women can't make it in animation when you have a woman like this throwing a fit because her idea didn't get pitched or an idea she liked didn't get attention.
The sight of four men taking the piss at a stupid idea and pretending to consider it threw her into a hissy-fit.

So are you agreeing with me that it's was knowing the right person to get a show green lit or not? Because most of those are someone knowing someone and them getting a show because of it.

I'm moreso saying that they don't buy pitches. They buy pre-existing content that they think would be a good fit, or choose people whose preexisting content they like and ask them to make new content for them. Either way, decisions are made based on content; not pitches or people.

My dude, she looks like a female Sam Hyde (autism included).

The craziest part was they were much more polite and serious to her than most of the people that they talk to. All their criticism was valid too, they simply asked what would be the concept of an episode and even then she was not able to articulate anything that would form a plot.

This really kind of goes back to what said about learning who you are pitching to. That does not sound like anything adult swim shows at all. I really doubt they would care for something that falls into the description of "dramatic but comedy comes later"

Not the place that gives Mr Pickles and Superjail 3 seasons

idk she has a strange homely cuteness to her

This how the world works user, the girl version of shitty things are cuter. Less useful, but cuter.

>female Sam Hyde
Nah, that'd be Emily Youcis

I think the trend he was pointing out was that usually the series already has a following and some pre-existing content. They would rather invest in something that has already shown that it can attract people rather than throwing caution to the wind. It makes sense, its not like AS is getting loads of money to spend of original content.

It's going to be amazing when the foot fetish series finally premieres in a year and there is a character completely based on her in it.

Yes exactly, AS had a show about a big butt with a gun. A show about a foot fetish or fat fetish or some furries eating a big bowl of burgers would make more sense on Adult Swim. Or a show about huge fat rednecks farting in each other's faces and puking shit out of their mouths. There I just came up with a bunch of concepts more fitting and appropriate for Adult Swim than her shit.

like its the kind of girl who you wouldn't find "attractive" per say, but the kind of girl you can see yourself with

Oops meant to say boogers not burgers. But that works too. Here you go, a bunch of fat redneck furries with foot fetishes make burgers out of boogers and sell them while farting on their customers. They have a sidekick that is a fat platypus that eats cheese and plays Pac Man. There there is your AS show.

All the people in this thread saying she's cute are just sensing the kindred autism in her, they're the same people who made endless threads criticizing the Samurai Jack reboot and nitpicking everything.

>Samurai Jack reboot
wait, what

>they're the same people who made endless threads criticizing the Samurai Jack reboot and nitpicking everything.
what do you mean

This woman is obviously the type of person who loves season 5 of Samurai Jack. Jack and Rick & Morty are probably the only two Adult Swim shows she's ever seen.

and both shows are extremely out of model to adult swin

samurai jack was probably aired against their will

meant continuation latest season sorry, Sup Forums went from going nuts over it to "it's shit it sucks everything is ruined forever"

>Mary Sue same as creator.
Fuck this bitch, fuck her creation, and i'm gonna put a condom in my penis to fuck her hairy cunt too.

This looks like some 9th grade Deviantart-tier self insert comic shit

>condom in penis

>put a condom in my penis
>in

That sounds like it would hurt.

bruh she has concave teeth

>meant continuation latest season sorry, Sup Forums went from going nuts over it to "it's shit it sucks everything is ruined forever"
it just wasn't that good user

>main character has heterochromia

GO OUT AND ZAP TO THE EXTREME

>condom in penis

>but the kind of girl you can see yourself with

>it's a youtube """content creator""" pitches a tv show to a network without a decent resume or connections episode

It will be glorious

she's not entirely wrong. they should, to some extent, use their power for good, and help people with genuine ideas rather than humoring someone who dicks around.
Anyways, I think she went about this really unprofessionally, it's an adult swim stream, they're weirdos, they don't take things seriously all the time. She's just being too emotional and not making a good point, really. Sure she wouldn't be saying all this if they picked up her show.

also shes claiming that she doesn't care about but you can tell she really cares in the pitch and is really nervous. i feel bad for her, the pitch is kinda cool, not good for adult swim though

>Do I have the same effect in normie girls?
You now understand why none of us can get gfs. We seem give off some sort of autism aura. An Autisra if you will.

They give people tips but they will not give you some free writting class, they mostly want to chill with their fans a little, people who share their interest on adult cartoons

Is similar to a Sup Forums thread with famous cartoonists, they give people information but obviously they will not take the thing fully seriously

There is nothing wrong on what they did at all, she should have LURKED MOAR before being a faggot to know what their chat was for and how it worked

>Emily Youcis will never call you a dirty nigger
Just lynch me, pham

The stream is much more for entertainment than it is to get new content on AS.

The problem with her time was that they didn't really give her advice. you could kinda tell they just wanted to get rid of her. Again, I don't think the concept was good for adult swim, and they could have said that themselves, but it was really awkward there. I can see why she's upset, just not 10 minute youtube video complaining upset. More like talk to your boyfriend after the fact upset. The complaints she has makes sense, except a bunch of it is fabricated (They don't call her out by her real name or call her a loser or anything, just say to ignore it because, rewatching the vods she was being irrational and incoherent in her complaints.

I think she's right that them actually giving people time and legit tips during these segments would be really cool of them. It's not their responsibility, but again, it would just be nice of them as professionals to help others succedd a bit in the field.
do they actually pick up any of these pitches? I don't care much if it's a shitshow, i kinda wanna try it, if it's worth it.

youtube.com/watch?v=m1GIFsT5Yng

They have bough multiple bumpers and ads from this stream though, usually when they like the visual/humor style but not the show itself. They did buy a pitch for a series from the stream once that went into development. It was a superhero spoof about women with sex powers: one with tit powers, one with pussy powers, one with ass powers. They were fighting a male villain with dick powers. After a few weeks they had redeveloped this into a show about a man who could control minds with his dick. I don't think it was mentioned again past that, status unknown.

I'd watch it, but the guy was right. It sounded like it's been done before and that it was more for Cartoon Network or Disney XD. It also sounded like Lost mixed with Gravity Falls or something.

>pitch a show
>get rejected
>throw a fucking tantrum because for some reason you think you deserve to be given a show just because you pitched it

If you cannot handle having your pitch rejected then you CANNOT handle the stress of running a show. Throwing a fit like a child is proof that they were correct when they rejected your pitch. The show would've been a disaster with someone like that behind it.

Is this the female version of a soyboy

She has mental illness. She constantly shows her pill bottles in her videos.

Jesus Christ, every single comment on the video is sucking her dick, oh poor baby, how could they treat you like this, oh no

Not one is even considering the possibility that she misread the tone of the stream, that maybe she took it too personal when it was just some light bants, none of that. It's all straight to feeding the victim complex.

she's says she's not upset that her pitch got rejected but that the people on the stream were laughing at her throwing a tantrum in the chat over a foot fetish show pitch the stream was talking about

which is equally worse