Tropes you love

>character manages to be entertaining both before and after their character development

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X81AoBcVnaA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Evil Corporate Female Business Women

Its an antagonistic trope you don't see all that often because they try to demonize it as something only men genetically inherit.

>characters act and talk like total thugs
>in reality they are super kind hearted and are just doing it for show

Go stick your dick in a woodchipper, faggot.

Any examples?

That scene in Ratchet and Clank Going Commando when you need to do the Bike Race missions and Clank joins a Biker Gang because he's really super sweet and understanding.

>it's a five man band
>the leader
>his tagalong
>the brains
>the brawn
>the girly one

Paisley Paver from Wild Kratts, Ms Fiskin from The Woolies, Dr Blight from Captain Planet, Gladys Sharp from Over the Hedge, Scarlett Overkill from Minions.

Is that even a trope or just good writing?

>five man band
>The looks
>The brains
>The wild card
>The muscle
>The useless chick

That's not a trope though.

Any recent examples of this?

I was going to say that one of my favourite "tropes" is when there's the group of main characters engage in banter and informal conversation from time to time. Then I realized that's not a trope, it good character development and writing.

>sassy gays
Especially if there's another gay character that isn't sassy gay so it's not a stereotype it's jusit two kinds of gay. It's fun.

>female characters that are strong and stand up for what they believe in but theyaren't immune to realistic call outs and criticisms just because they're a strong female character and can't be criticized

>old ex-villain is forced to break the law for a greater good
Astro City did it well, probably one of my favorite comic stories ever.

>smug ass villain
>gets beaten down by the heroes and/or has his morals and beliefs deconstructed by them

>Character has to sneak into a certain place that is guarded by a lone security guard
>Character makes use of various disguises and alternate entrances
>every attempt to enter is met with them being found out by the Guard
>bonus points: a different character that looks similar to the character trying to sneak in is mistaken for the intruder by the security guard and the guard has to apologize to the totally unrelated person who he thought was just a disguise

>Character needs to put on a disguise
>Just puts on a pair of glasses or something
>Looks exactly the same but fools everyone anyone
>Bonus points if they take off the glasses in front of people and they go "oh where he'd he go?"

>Character seems to be fooled by blatant disguise, but later turns out to have known the whole time

Along with this

>Jocks/Delinquents/Bullies, etc.
>They're just total bros straight from the beginning

Antagonist's minions are casual friends with the protagonist

Another
>character gets introduced as a "Chad", handsome, succesful with girls, confident
>turns out to be a true bro, instead of a shitbag

Thanks Jesus

>villain's underling eventually joins the good guys

The big guy from Jackie Chan Adventures was always one of my favorites. I think his name was Toru? Its been a long time...

>Villain is absolutely unrelentingly evil and is unapologetic about it
We need more villains like this

Good writing that doesn't happen often enough to not be a trope.

>new antagonist shows up
>he's so evil the first antagonists are downright terrified by him

Also
>villain gets away with every evil thing he did

Seriously fuck this son of a bitch

>villain is totally ruthless to everybody
>positively melts in the presence of one person either out of love, fear, or idolization

4 u

>Incompetent comic relief sidekick turns evil and becomes the most threatening and competent villain the hero has ever faced.

Have you ever watched a sitcom called Will & Grace?

>Character opens door
>Witnesses mayhem or something unusual going on
>Simply closes the door without reacting to it

>Characters walk into a situation plain faced
>*insert disturbing/strange occurrence*
>Cut back to characters with horrified or confused expressions
youtube.com/watch?v=X81AoBcVnaA

Just read that arc, RIP Mock Turtle.

I totally missed the point of this scene when I first saw it, but I still loved it.

>When his plan starts to fall apart and you see him panic

>Straight man occasionally joins in on shenanigans instead of being a buzzkill 24/7

The takes-no-bullshit old man(George Liquor, Archie Bunker) Alternatively the horny old man torpe (Master Roshi, Jiraiya) basically any old guy who is apologetically masculine and doesn't give a fuck.
Are there any more Sup Forums examples of these?

Any examples?

Nice trips.

Yep, he joins because his old boss made him fight Shendu, and he got his ass kicked for it.

Well I am writing a sonic/dbz crossover with this in it :)

"your left or my left?"
"we have the same left!"

what was the point?

Nicole Horne from Max Payne

I just love old-timey racial stereotypes, and by old-timey I mean I'll settle for anything that used to be okay until the mid-00's or so then became offensive. Not to mention really old stuff that I could see being legit offensive.

Fuck this PC thug entertainment landscape. I hope Rump gives a shit enough about it to eventually get around to burning down current entertainment standards by the time his reign is over. I mean ideally it should be accomplished without him but man, hope he helps out somehow.

>"there's no way you'll find me doing X"
>cuts to them doing X
>"I can't BELIEVE i'm doing X"

Like, anyone know if there are any shakeups in the western animation world at all? Has any big company been hit big some kind of huge scandal? Some kind of corruption shit exposed? I know the world at large is too busy trying to expose much bigger industries that are harming the world much worse than shitty PG cartoons but I still keep expecting something big and transformative to hit.

>"We're gonna someone to do X"
>Cast looks at one particular character
>"Why are you all looking at me?"

I got that reference.

>There is a prophecy foretold in legends
>The main character is not the chosen one/prophecy hero/savior
>The chosen one has nothing to do with the main protagonists/antagonists
>The main characters just have to live with this fact for the rest of the story, having to deal with the aftermath of a story that is greater and much more expansive

any examples?
Especially a show where the chosen one doesn't die and continues to affect the plot from far away in some way or another.

Why

>Scary edgy character is paired with the nicest innocent character

Warms me up

bum

Hero actually has an understanding of morality beyond the 3rd grade level, can debunk and laugh at the shit motivations of many villains.

>character manages to be entertaining both before and after their character development

That's not a trope. You might as well say your favourite 'trope' is good writing.

How is that a trope, retard?
>character is cool
Duhh that my favorite one

I do like things that are good

>edgy guy has his heart warmed by innocent character and innocent character grows a pair but still stays nice

>bad guy refuses redemption despite a long-time build up

>Craig
>Clyde
>Token
>Jimmy
>Tweek

So... only Vegeta from DBZ?

>big bad looking guy turns out to be really nice and encouraging

>lambaste their derrieres

These trope threads always have a fuckton of examples that are just "good writing happens" and "bad writing happens" and at least some anons are doing it without a hint of irony

Doesn't have to be final.

Avatar Season 2 and Tron Uprising come to mind. There's probably more instances of that.

>accident happens off-screen
>no matter where, when or how, a cat screeches
Kills me every time , that and
>accident happens off screen
>cacophony of bangs and crashes
>silence
>suddenly even more violent banging and crashing

Dipper Pines
Leonardo, sometimes

>people call villainous characters out on being little bitches who do more harm for the world than good

>character starts out as haughty and rude
>gradually learns to get along with other people but doesn't totally lose their edge

Im gonna need at least 3 examples of each of these. You anons are making shit up

here's a trope i want to see:

boys vs girls episode: contest get interrupted by the antagonist, to defeat him all groups need to team up and use their particular skills that are not related to their genders

That Duloc seems like a happy, carefree town but is actually authoritarian and oppressive
>Don't make waves, stay in line
I took that line as literal (Don't make waves in the pool, don't cut in line) instead of telling you to know your place and not stand out.

As an aspiring Drawfag should I buy a body chan?

FUCKING THIS.