/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Never Forget Edition

>Upcoming Releases:

swbooks.net/updates/release-2018.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars Rebels S4E10/11: "Jedi Night/DUME" (Mon 19)
Doctor Aphra #17 (Wed 21)

>Star Wars Rebels Mid-Season 4 Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=-jWIDwq44ZI

>Rebels Recon: Jedi Night & DUME
youtube.com/watch?v=gapXiLIYifI

>Solo: A Star Wars Story Official Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs

>Solo: A Star Wars Story TV Spot
youtube.com/watch?v=9Szts88zY4o

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.theforce.net/threads/when-did-obi-wan-find-out-vader-survived-mustafar.30722930/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can't wait to see him as a force ghost

Kanaan definitely knew he was going to die, right? He seemed to know from the outset and we don't know what the wolves told him back before the mission.

does every jedi have the ability to come back as a force ghost with the proper training?
Is there a jedi haven and hell?
are they forever stuck as force ghosts or is there a great beyond for them to go to?

From your lips to Satan's anus, user.

Force ghosts are an abomination. Death is supposed to make you one with the Force, where individuality is released and you return to being part of the energy of the universe. To cling to the material as a ghost of your past self is something a Sith would do. Yoda, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Anakin are all in violation of the will of the Force by lingering beyond their time like the heretics they are. Sheev was right, the Jedi are corrupt hypocrites, vile to the core.

>L...L...Luke....Darth Vader was clearly mentally unstable and he stabbed me using a lightsabrr, an extremely powerful weapon that shouldnt be in the hands of normal galatic citizens especially the mentally unstable.
>You have to stop them Luke, you have to champion common sense lightsaber laws...
>Sheev wont do anything Luke, hes in the Sith's pocket.....hes letting younglings die Luke
>Its all up to you now.........
Gotta say this scene felt weird and out of place back in 2011.

Fucking crisis actor.

Ep3 seemed to indicate it was something rare they just discovered. If he hasn't trained in advance, the chance of doing it should be very low. Yoda described it as a "netherworld", but that was before he actually went there.

I'm way too busy to watch the ep or catch up. Can someone explain who kanan is...
just joking how did he die though.

Raped to death by a giant loth-wolf

Press F to honor the fallen Night.

F is for fire that burned down the whole town.

Hera killed him by taking too long to get in the ship.

I blame Ezra. He could have pulled Kanan into the ship as Kanan pushed Hera back in.

Ezra was busy using the force to accelerate Sabine's puberty.

>Luke, listen. You know that ugly feeling you get down inside yourself the moment you see a Twi'lek woman with a clone? That deep down dark feeling that tells you to do what any self respecting human man ought to do? That's right, Luke. I mean instigating a clonwwar. I've felt it damn near every moment i've been in the vicinity of some shameful duo of Kaminoan perversion. It's time you realize that that urge is normal for a young man. Embrace it, Luke. Don't deny its power.

geez

Didn't work, she's still a ridiculous flat fake Mando piece of shit.

IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ZEB

Zen dying would've been better. At least we wouldn't have Hera all mopey.

This.

Nobody gives a shit about Zeb or Sabibe. Neither of them can die and still have emotional wait for the audience. Literally only Kanan's or Hera's death would work narratively.

You would think the Kamino cloners would have had the foresight to castrate or at least in-fertilize the clones.

Given that Kana's newly found fire-bending skills were the only thing keeping the ship and the people in or near it from getting flambe'd, I'd say that jogging his elbow like that would be a really bad idea.

Those aren't his kids. How many times do we need to explain this?

>Hera has moved on.

Chopper's a pump and dump kind of guy, though
Enjoy it while it lasts Hera

Three seasons of learning how to synchronize Force using and suddenly they're incapable of getting the timing down? Poppycock.

I blame the company he keeps.

>we will never know what Rebels Ventress would have looked like

How fucking bad is Obi-Wan at killing Sith and letting them cause future pain and suffering?

>doesn't kill Darth Maul and Maul comes back and kills his GF
>doesn't kill Darth Vader and Vader comes back and slaughters billions

I WANT TO smell A LEKKU!

jej

when you watch TPM and ANH side by side it really hammers home how slow TPM starts

Be fair, he thought that he had killed Maul, when he sliced him in half. With Anakin, however, you're right; he should have sashimi'd him on the spot.

At least he comes with multiple speed settings.

Reminder Karma was a bitch to Maul because he was put in back to back spots where he could only watch as both his Brother & Mother were killed by Sidious and Grievous.

In both cases he assumed they were dead, or at least dying. He had no idea Maul had survived, and didn't expect Sheev to show up like 5 minutes later to help Anakin.

So? Barely a few minutes in the Trade Federation blow up the Republic ship and try to gas Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan

The Mustafar scene is fucked up in hindsight. Anakin was his best friend and he just decapitates him then lets him burn in a slow painful death only for him to be put into some kind of awful robot suit

Also take in mind that in the same movie he comments that killing someone with a blaster is uncivilized .

And he didn't kill Anakin after experiencing Darth Maul come back and cause more destruction! And then he didn't kill Vader in A New Hope and just let himself be killed. Obiwan is the least effective Jedi of all time.

>hey guys, tpm sucks, am i rite?

Very poor hat game. Where's Tarkin?

>Temple of Doom is better than Return of the Jedi and The Last Crusade
>The Last Crusade is worse than every Star Wars/Indiana Jones movie except Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Pablo's taste is repulsive

>he just decapitates him
uh

It's always where's tarkin
What about me? My hats are way better

Limb pruning is a Jedi way of letting a foe survive mercifully. It's the move they train to do the most. When you are in battle, you do the thing you have trained to do, or you end up losing.

> just decapitates him then lets him burn.
>decapitates?
You have some wording to work on. But anyways, Obiwan didnt want to hurt or kill Anakin. He was only letting Anakin burn steam until he had enough and wanted Anakin to stop. And when he refused he had no choice. Anakin got burned because of his own actions.

Krennic you're mid tier at best. You can only linger in the shadow cast from Tarkin's big hats. Why don't you go bitch about it to Vader that hatless, helmet wearing cripple.

I got your hatless cripple right here, bitch nigga

Someone post the Vader with a sombrero and maracas

REEEE WHY CAN'T WE GET NON-PHOTOSHOPPED OFFICIAL POSTERS

>No tarkin
Krennic, cry more

What criticisms of the PT do you accept as legitimate.

Is that a blaster or is he just happy to see Galen?

No one wants to see that, user.

None of those. My only complaint was that I had wanted sequels instead of prequels. Prequels are always limited because you know what has to exist at the end. I was fine with the prequels being more adult than the original trilogy. The prequels were really pretty great all things considered.

It accelerates time too drastically. The length of time between the establishment of and fall of the Empire should have been significantly longer, and the time Vader was put into the suit should have happened later in his life than when it was shown.

So by individuality does that mean consciousness or just your personality? I’m a little confused about the whole afterlife thing in Star Wars since force ghosts prove you can remain conscious after death but does that mean only force ghost get afterlives or does everyone get one and Jedi are the only ones who can appear as ghosts?

Why are Krennic jabs so fucking funny every time

Ok he chopped maul in two fucking piece and watched him fall into a hole so deep you couldn’t see the bottom, he really shouldn’t have survived that

He's just a lonely boy who made some bad choices.

As someone who doesnt care for the prequels, I wouldnt actually fault TPM for this. ANH and RotS are the only movies that start off with action. AotC has a single explosion and Luke gets attacked by a wampa in ESB but both of those are like a single quick scene. I guess in terms of how slow a movie starts off its.

RotS > TLJ > ANH > TFA > RO > TPM > AOTC > ESB > ROTJ

Above list does not represent quality of openeing, only how "slow" the openings are.

Pretty much any force user who's sufficiently powerful enough in the force can come back as a ghost. The difference is with whether or not they were light side or dark side in life. Light side users seem to need a special technique or state of being and usually only appear for brief moments in time to the living. They also, along with every single non force sensitive being, become "one with the force," basically their consciousness merges with that of the force itself. This is basically their heaven. Hence the reason why Obi wan, Luke, and Yoda's bodies disappeared when they died was because they had a stronger presence then normal within the force at death. This is also why they can come back as ghosts more easily then others, though sometimes any light side force user can come back for a few seconds for many different reasons. Places that are teaming with life or are just plain strong in the force can allow for anyone to appear for a brief moment. Dark side users on the other hand become ghosts because of the dark side's own philosophy of control. Basically they had become powerful enough in the force that they effectively commanded it instead of acting through it like a light side user. As a result of this sheer will power, their souls effectively stay in the material world never to become one with the force. This is basically their version of hell since they are trapped in the physical world but with no real tangible way to interact with it, at least not easily. Some really powerful Sith lords manage to somewhat manipulate physical objects or control minds as ghosts. Others just whisper in people's ears to get them to do naughty things. Weaker dark side users can induce madness in the living by proximity because they themselves went mad from the prospect of the eternity of being a ghost before them. They become moving auras of madness. And some extremely few ultra powerful dark side users can even posses the living. Basically, don't go to Korriban.

His legs broke his fall. Head first into a soft ass.

most of them because I'm capable of enjoying something while acknowledging its flaws

Does anyone know when Obiwan is first made aware of the fact that Anakin did not burn to death in the lava, and in fact became Darth Vader? I'd like new canon and old canon answers please.

A separate, discrete entity apart from the featureless flow of energy you're supposed to become a part of when you die. It's also why the Mortis arc is a goddamn atrocity because it puts faces on a cosmic force that didn't require humanization to explain itself. Thus far, only a handful of individuals have been shown to have enough mastery over the Force to remain attached to the material universe as themselves after death, and they've all been Force users, so it stands to evidence only Jedi (and Mother Talzin for some fucking reason or another) have managed it at all. Nu-canon has made a mess of the entire thing, and none of it for the better.

The moment he heard any sort of Empire-related chatter mentioning "Darth Vader".

A most radical hairstyle.

In RotS novelization he explicitly leaves him alive and knows another Sith lord is coming when he goes. As for when he connected the name Vader to Anakin, who knows, but he probably got wind of Vader's existence and made the connection.

From what I know you experience oneness and peace, like you're not aware but you still exist. Force ghosts are either people who have trained to separate themselves from that stream and interact as an individual in the physical realm as a shadow, or in the case of vader was likely given a path in the afterlife to become a force ghost.

Being separate from the peace of the force does grate according to Quigon but force ghosts can relinquish their interaction and rejoin the one force but may manifest again if they feel called

I'd put ROTJ after TFA desu

>uses a canon image for an EU explanation

He literally says how he's a ghost to Yoda using the same explanation so its technically still how it is.

It's never explained in old canon but it was assumed Obi-Wan felt the presence of Anakin on the Death Star and recognized him in the Vader suit from that. Pretty simple interpretation. I don't think new canon has brought it up at all, they certainly haven't shown them meeting since Mustafar nor has it been publicized that Vader is Anakin, so how Obi-Wan knows Vader is Anakin in ANH is yet to be determined or explained.

He does tell Luke that Vader killed Anakin and that Vader was his student. So he'd know before the Death Star.

Fair point, so the question is: how? They could have explained it with Ahsoka since she faced Vader on Malachor and discovered he was Anakin, but then she fucked off to the basement to make nudie vids for the rest of her days or whatever so it's not like she went to Tatooine to chat with a guy she probably doesn't even know survived Order 66 (thanks, Bail).

>The length of time between the establishment of and fall of the Empire should have been significantly longer
The OT never acted like the Empire was anything but a relatively recent(as in, at most a couple decades old).

> and the time Vader was put into the suit should have happened later in his life than when it was shown.
That would make the length of time shorter that it currently is.

>Oh fuck Anakin stopped attacking me
>He lowered his lightsaber
>This is my chance, this is the tide in the battle where I can redeem him and we can both walk out of them together
>"WELL THEN YOU ARE LOST!"

Bravo Kenobi

Thats just your dislike of TFA speaking.
That doesnt make a lick of sense. Nothing happens in the opening of RotJ. Vader lands on the DS, talks with some people. Minutes later droids on Tatooine walking around, meet Jabba, talk to Jabba, introduce bounty hunter, etc etc.. its like at least 15 minutes before anything even remotely action like happens.

TFA opens up as a carbon copy of ANH, seconds into the movie there is a massive shoot out. TFA should be right next to ANH (with ANH only ahead because its starts with a little ship chase) and ROTJ is in dead last. Literally all of the other movies have at least something resembling an action scene within the first few minutes.

Not to be confused with which is the best opening remember.

According to these guys, in the old canon he saw it on the news: boards.theforce.net/threads/when-did-obi-wan-find-out-vader-survived-mustafar.30722930/

You need to watch the episode again. Not only does he not give an explanation for why he's there, the Priestesses say he (and everything else Yoda's seen up to that point) were illusions created by them.

Anakin was already dead when he choked Padme. He wasn't gonna turn back.

He learned that rhetorical technique from the wise women of Gatalenta. .

>He literally says how he's a ghost to Yoda using the same explanation
No he doesn't. He describes why he hasn't been forgotten and why his legacy still lives. At no point does he say anything about how he's able to still appear- it's a moot point anyway since the priestesses say they're the ones doing it. Hell, Yoda telling him "yeah you're not real I'm not afraid of you" is what makes him disappear.

The OT constantly acted like the Republic and the Clone Wars "happened a long time ago", and that the Empire was well-since established and had been around a good while longer than the not-even-2-decades it later became. It would also have made more sense given how old Vader was under the helmet in ROTJ that he didn't get suited until much later in life than his early 20s, after he had humped his way into impregnating someone with the twins. The Padme romance ruins any such chance of rectifying what was shown with what we're told; the Empire could have existed for 15 years or more before the birth of Luke and Leia and it would have jived better with what we saw in ANH and ROTJ with an elderly Obi-Wan and a much older Anakin in the Vader suit.

That is the laziest shit ever. Fuck the story group for even allowing that.

Wrong.

>does every jedi have the ability to come back as a force ghost with the proper training?
Only individuals who have been taught how can come back. Anakin was able to come back because Yoda and Obi-Wan preserved his consciousness in The Force after he died.

>Is there a jedi haven and hell?
No. When living things die, their Living Force merges with the Cosmic Force, which in turn eventually creates new life. They renew each-other in an endless cycle of life and death.

>are they forever stuck as force ghosts or is there a great beyond for them to go to?
The way FACPOV puts it is that they more or less are merged with the Cosmic Force until they decide to emerge to appear to different individuals.

There is no greater beyond. If they didn't preserve their consciousness they would just become lost to the greater Cosmic Force forever.

Bane says no such thing in that episode. That's not even the actual Darth Bane, the Force Priestesses reveal in the very next scene that he and the Sith specters outside the temple and everything else Yoda went through were just illusions that they had created.

>reply to a post that has nothing to do with TLJ
>bash TLJ

You fags are worse than TLJfags

>old canon
>story group
user

How else would Obi-wan have found out? He just "feels him" across space?

>story group
>2010

I can't wait til Filoni fucking quits

quits killing the waifus? Maybe someday

>The OT constantly acted like the Republic and the Clone Wars "happened a long time ago",
No it doesn't, Luke acts like it was a relatively recently conflict.

>and that the Empire was well-since established and had been around a good while longer than the not-even-2-decades it later became.
Which is why the Senate was only abolished as of ANH? It makes no sense for the Senate to last any more than a couple decades before being quietly disbanded.

> It would also have made more sense given how old Vader was under the helmet in ROTJ
You can't really tell his age there, he just looks like some guy who suffered extremely severe burns.

Yes, Sebastian Shaw was much older than 45, but you could only really tell in the Force Ghost scene, but that of course has been changed to show younger Anakin. Shaw wasn't even chosen for his age or apparent age, just for his acting skills. He was older than Guinness.

> that he didn't get suited until much later in life than his early 20s, after he had humped his way into impregnating someone with the twins.
Vader could only logically be in his 40s or 50s in the OT considering Obi-Wan would've been in his early 60s(Alec Guinness was 62 at the time). Logically he would've been in his 20s or 30s during the PT time.

> The Padme romance ruins any such chance of rectifying what was shown with what we're told;
How so?

> the Empire could have existed for 15 years or more before the birth of Luke and Leia and it would have jived better with what we saw in ANH and ROTJ with an elderly Obi-Wan and a much older Anakin in the Vader suit.
No, the current timeline jives just fine with Obi-Wan in his 60s like Guinness was and Anakin logically being in his 40s.

Luke and Leia were only supposed to be 18-20 in ANH and they were hidden from Vader so really there's not much wiggle room to extent the time, it would only make events more convoluted.

no I actually like TFA, I just think the Jabba's Palace set-up stuff is more interesting than people give it credit for