DuckTales 2017 merchandise revealed

Finally a clear picture. Looks like plushes, figures and a couple playsets. Kinda cool.

Thoughts, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

comingsoon.net/movies/news/894431-ducktales-is-disney-xds-1-animated-series-in-over-two-years
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Doesn'T look so bad.
Captures the style of the show yet looks less sharp around the edges than the cartoon

>Triplets aren't even together, instead Wendy replaces one of them.
Oh hey, it's just like the show, clever...

>Wendy replaces one of them.
>Wendy
I could delete this, and try again, but I'd rather point out my own stupidity.

>we could have proper zootopia merch instead of this.

>they make toys of this shit, but ignore star vs and wander over yonder
Seriously fuck disney

Is that a Money Bin diorama I see off to the left? If so, I may be tempted. The design on that is great in the show.

Well DuckTales is their highest rated original cartoon in over a decade and has been selling gangbusters on digital media so it makes sense

WOY just didn't have the numbers for this kind of merchandising to be justified

Why bother making merchandise for a 9 episode miniseries that aired out of order?

>decade
Fuck me, why did I write this
I meant 5 years, I'm going mad

>Well DuckTales is their highest rated original cartoon in over a decade
I dont believe this at all
>WOY just didn't have the numbers for this kind of merchandising to be justified
They still shoudlve put out merch regardless, again fuck disney for ignoring every good property they make and focusing on garbage like nuducktales and frozen instead

user, don't count on toy company reps to know anything about the product they are shilling at a trade show beyond their talking points. Unless you see them packaged that way, it could just be that they set it up wrong.

>I don't believe this at all
Yes, I corrected myself. It still did well enough to warrant an article, it's the highest in like 5 years or something.

>still no loud house dolls
>still no proper steven universe figures
>still no ok ko toys
>still no star vs toys
>gravity falls barely got any toys, released only for a short time near the end of the show and leaving out most characters and only having three basic figure packs
>never has there been a proper toy line of samurai jack, MLAATR, billy and mandy, or courage the cowardly dog
>this shit gets an expansive toy line
If this isnt proof that reality is fucking sadistic and that hypocrsiy is alive and well, then i dont know what is

>they still should've put out merch regardless

This is not how it works. If a show fucking flops there is zero reason to expend funds on producing merchandise for it just to appeal to the handful of fans who will actually buy it. A property needs some degree of mainstream appeal to be merched.

Also bullshit, star gets better ratings then this show. Ive seen no one talk highly about it.

This

To be fair DuckTales lends itself more readily to things like action figures and playsets because a lot of the plots are adventures in exotic locations. I do agree it's strange that Disney are so on the ball to start making toys for this so soon, though.

>what is having merch ready before a show airs
TMNT and star wars cartoons can do it, why cant other shows get with the program as well?

comingsoon.net/movies/news/894431-ducktales-is-disney-xds-1-animated-series-in-over-two-years

Starfags BTFO. Over 5 million people watched the premiere.

Sup Forums just obsesses over SVTFOE because it has a little girl as the main character and this place is crawling with pedophiles

>To be fair DuckTales lends itself more readily to things like action figures and playsets because a lot of the plots are adventures in exotic locations
So do most of every cartoon i mentioned here , but why does this mediocre tripe get such a big toy line and most of these shows got next to nothing or just nothing at all?

And then less than half of that will continue to watch the rest of it.

Yeah, and the ratings dropped hard afterwards you dumb bitch. I even remember the threads about it. Fuck you duckcuck

TMNT exists as a multimedia franchise because of a deal with a toy company and toys are one of the key drivers of the franchise.

Star Wars has had the same corporate partner more or less since the 70s, given that Kenner was eventually bought by Hasbro.

They are unique juggernaughts in toy terms. Even Hasbro themselves struggle to get Transformers toylines in stores timely to their respective cartoons.

Actually if you look at the 2017 numbers for SVTFOE and DT they're about the same. Neither show is outperforming the other.

Also:
>what is streaming
>what is digital media

Nielsen ratings don't account for these. Apparently DT has reached over 50 million people through these services, which is pretty good.

You can continue to be butthurt all you want, but the fact remains:

Which show is getting the expansive toy line?

Fine, heres a better example. Zak storm is getting toys when it just came on netflix, and voltron got figures shortly after its release. Why can these netflix shows get toys but things on fucking cable networks cant?

The ratings for TTG PPG crossover was also huge. Special events and premieres tend to do very well. Doing consistently well is what's important. How well has DT been doing in stream numbers compared to Star?

>Apparently DT has reached over 50 million people through these services, which is pretty good.
Somehow i find that hard to believe and seems like disney is talking out of its ass for notoriety
And its going to fail just like youre garbage show, cant wait till all the ducktales merch rots in a clearance bin and still no one wants to buy webby doll, so suck my dick you fucking cunt, fuck you and your terrible show

>The ratings for TTG PPG crossover was also huge.

All we know is that Disney has said the series has so far reached 50 million people through streaming. Not sure if they've made any similar claims about Star, but could be wrong

To be fair, they probably expected the popularity of the old series to give a boost to merch too.

>no-one wants to buy a Webby doll
>Sup Forums's autistic screeching represents an entire toy demographic

If you actually venture beyond the basement you'll find the majority of viewers love the new Webby and she's a favourite character. Sup Forums just hates her because she owns a vagina and actually does things, which apparently isn't allowed.

Maybe because the Ducktale cast are actual Disney characters and not literally whos

>If you actually venture beyond the basement you'll find the majority of viewers love the new Webby and she's a favourite character.
Ha ha okay, you just outed youreself as a shill. Ive seen even othersites complain about webby and saying she gets too much attention. I hate the show for a plethora of other reasons, but the fact you picked up that one part proves to me how triggered you are that people dont like duck tales. Again, no one will but these toys and they will fail, just like the bunch of ither things disney releases instead of making good merch of properties people actually like.

I bet you think we're the only ones who think the show doesn't have enough adventure or convey adventure in an exciting manner, too.

>Maybe because the Ducktale cast are actual Disney characters and not literally whos
Theyre nobodies to the actual target demo, the other shows ive mentioned are more popular and have been on longer so chances are kids will know and care about the characters from the other shows more.

Because it's expensive and cable tv is going through a sort of "experimental" period with cartoons while toy companies are incredibly conservative with their lines because of how much a failed line costs.

By the time a show looks like a safe investment for them, the network's usually done with it.

This. There are a lot of people who would want a Scrooge McDuck plush, but only absolute turboautists would be interested in a fucking Marco doll

Why did you compare one of the main characters to a side character?

Why didn't you say Star Butterfly?

People of all ages know and love Donald and Scrooge, and collectors of those characters exist. That's why it's more marketable to make toys of those characters than some literally who from a cancelled show.

Alright, fine, pick literally any character from SVTFOE and they still won't measure up to the popularity of the Duck characters. It's a losing battle.

Then why do shows like fucking zak storm get toys but other shows dont, what makes that different compared to the popularity of steven universe?

I compare Eclipsa to Beakley.

Oh neat,I'll get the Scrooge plush.

Nobody even gave a shit about WOY in the first place until Dominator showed up with her swaying hips. Then suddenly it's the best show ever. At which point it was cancelled.

I swear Sup Forums is so fucking shallow

>Theyre nobodies to the actual target demo

You think kids don't know Donald and Huey, Dewey and Louie?

Confirmed fucking retard. Lots more kids care about star vs then fucking ducktales at this point, and thats all who matter because thats who theyre selling these toys too.
Most of the toys seem to be about the triplets and the girl duck, i ddint even see a donald toy at all.

Yeah, but with proper marketing push, you can turn a literally who into a flagship show.

See: Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, Steven universe.

It's not that fair to compare characters with decades of the Disney logo on them to brand new material. Of course the former is going to do better, but that doesn't mean it's impossible to make new things popular.

There's a Donald figure right there in the OP pic

Show an average person a picture of Eclipsa and a picture of Mrs. Beakley from either incarnation and I guarantee you Beakley would get more hits.

And even if not by name, they'd instantly be able to tell she's from the Duck universe. Eclipsa doesn't even look like she's from a Disney property.

>You think kids don't know Donald and Huey, Dewey and Louie?
Kids buy and large cared more about looney tunes when i was growing up, and didnt even give a shit about disney characters like mikey or donald. And yes, i doubt most kids now would know about donalds nephews from a show thats been cancelled 30 years ago and the reboot has been terrible so far.

>lots more people care about a show that has been on the air since 2015 compared to a show that isn't even a year old

Nice fucking deduction there, Sherlock.

>i doubt most kids now would know about donalds nephews from a show thats been cancelled 30 years ago

You do realize the triplets appear in multiple shorts and specials right? And that Disney still plays those?

I love Donald!

An cool looking witch person would sell mroe then some pudgy old lady duck, and why do you think the ugly classic disney look is a good selling point?
Oh sorry, my mistake

>thinking the nephews have only ever been in DuckTales and have been doing nothing for 30 years

Imagine being this retarded

I mean thats basically my point, yeah
They play it on freeform, a channel most people dont really watch, and even then the classic disney characters arent very liked outside of die hard fans, nobody liked mikey as a character compared to something like bugs bunny or fred flintstone

A few ads or t shirts dont count, fucking retard. For the most part theyve been forgotten

You keep saying that the shows are more popular despite not having the numbers.

This could account for the slow down in episodes airing, though, they wanted time for the toy line to be on shelves.

>the classic disney characters arent very liked outside of die hard fans, nobody liked mikey as a character compared to something like bugs bunny or fred flintstone

This has to be bait

>despite not having the numbers.
Neither do you, but its plain to see that a show that has a much more obvious fan base and gets more reruns and bumpers would be logically the more liked one
Fucking how, the old mikey shorts were never funny, and he has no personality besides chuckling like a happy go lucky idiot

>again fuck disney for ignoring every good property they make

I want Star VS merch too, but this isn't completely Disney's call, is it? It's up to the toy makers to acquire these licenses.

>but this isn't completely Disney's call, is it?
It totally is, they just need to contact a toy maker to give the license, and they wont even do that. Most companies would jump at any chance to make something disney related, so its not an issue about finding a company to make it.

>he has no personality
>what is Epic Mickey 1
>what are the new Mickey shorts

I was referring to the old shorts, get some reading comprehension. That edgy video game was awful anyways, and the new mickey shorts are honest to god the first thing in his near 100 years of exsistance that have ever made mickey mouse funny or enjoyable.

>edgy video game was awful

Clearly you never played it. The plot was fucking incredible and showed depth to Mickey's personality. Actual emotion for a change.

And Oswald's arc was absolutely brilliant.

Not how toy licensing works. Disney advertises the license and then toy companies purchase the license. This is what company expos and toy fairs are for.

Who cares. merch is for (man-)children

Came to post this. I'm still way too salty over the cancellation but all I could think of when I saw this thread was "give me wander merch or fuck off".

I think he was referring to the actual gameplay, which definitely is awful.

That shit would just warm shelves

Disney XD is legendary shit at promotion and marketing.

Only because not enough would be exposed to the source material.

More people actually knowing who Wander is then it would go over great.

I want to argue against this but I know you're probably right. I just really want a Wander plushie.

Are you retarded? Toy fairs are for licensers to advertise product to retailers, before then disney would partner with a company to make something.

>Toy fairs are for companies to advertise product to retailers
Fuck i wrote that wrong

>Dewey is so irrevelavent that they don’t even remember he’s one of the triplets

More like Webby is so prominent she overshadows him.

But seriously, apart from the pilot, what notable roles has Dewey had?

Is the Anti-Ducktales manchild fag in this thread the new Anti-TTG Manchild who calls everyone else a manchild fag? Or are they the same person because both shows are reboots? Really makes me think.

>new Merchandise
Oh gee that’s great Mr. Mouse but just one question? WHERE THE DUCK IS THE SHOW DISNEY! WHERE! IS! THE! SHOW! I DON’T SEE IT! I HAVEN’T SEEN IT IN MONTHS! I’M NOT EVEN SURE IT EXISTS ANYMORE! AIR YOUR DUCKING SHOW!

>hurr anyone who criticizes ducktales and TTG is the same faggot, and anyone who insults them is a manchild

Only difference is that new Ducktales tries to emulate the feel and spirit of the original while TTG just takes a huge steaming shit on the show it's supposed to "follow-up on" while bashing anyone who doesn't like the show for shock value.

He's had the subplot about trying to find out more about their mother.

And the internship with Mark Beaks

Because the rest of the season will then come out, and people will be ready to buy merchandise shit all across the world. With the possibility of season 2 airing right in the month of October.

By now, all target nations that do have a Disney XD service ought to now have Ducktales 2017 coming out.
I read that the UK now has them airing DT2017 today as one of the last countries.

Forgotten series thread?

Since we all know the name of the show, it's not forgotten.
It's just that the Disney corporation is trying to release the nine respectively ten episodes worldwide around the same time.

I would love to have that Disney TV Animation expo near my city.