Post your cartoon ideas here, following this model:

>Elevator pitch: (one sentence pitch)
>Genre:
>Network:
>Demographic:
>Format: (serialized vs episodic)
>Run time:
>In depth explanation

Try giving feedback on the ideas posted before your own.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/p3vp7Hcv
docdroid.net/q1WJz7Y/prebible-internet3.pdf
docdroid.net/bcpJ3XS/pitch-bible.pdf
kuula.co/post/7lnSq
vocaroo.com/i/s0bL4DzEs4SZ
vocaroo.com/i/s0D2QK9cabWw
files.animation.ir/video/Animation_Writing_and_Develop.pdf
chrisoatley.com/animation-pitch-pitfalls
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
static1.squarespace.com/static/52675998e4b07faca3f636a5/t/527f0a75e4b012bf9e7361c5/1384057461885/Pixar22RulesAnalyzed_Bugaj.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/16su/resources/invisible_ink_pages_0901.pdf
floobynooby.com/pdfs/The_Animators_Survival_Kit.pdf
animationmentor.com/resources/webinars/anatomy-of-a-fight-with-dr-stuart-sumida/
vimeo.com/20355714
media.blubrry.com/chrisoatley/artcast.s3.amazonaws.com/PWP02_WinningPitch.mp3
youtube.com/channel/UCJklo0Zl5tLV9kkk_Jd81EA
worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/backstage/wbible/writersguide.pdf
angelfire.com/rings/katsaris/gargoyle.htm
scribd.com/document/118981476/Bravest-Warriors-Pitch-Bible
scribd.com/document/3122798/Adventure-Time-series-presentation
scribd.com/document/283123939/Rocket-Dog-Pitch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>LOL CARTOONS WITH BOOBIES :3

there I saved everyone 500 posts

Anime schoolgirl that wears a cap, cute ghost girl and a gay robot fight crime across the world while attempting to stop the romanian empire led by dracula take over the world and doing evil things one monster per week at a time.

How did this shit manage to last 4 consecutive threads?

>Working title:
Wayward Skies (Stylized as WAYWARD SKiES)
>Elevator pitch:
Sky girl gets kicked out of sky city home and tries to make something of her life on Earth, kinda like a coming of age story
>Genre:
I would hate to call it slice of life because it sounds too simplistic, but it's more of a mix of a complex version of that + mild fantasy
>Network:
Nickelodeon, and I don't know why.
>Demographic:
I never really thought about that. Teens? I don't think it would be something a 10 year old would find too extreme
>Format:
Episodic?
>Run time:
3-4 seasons of 11 minute episodes
>In depth:
Sky girl screws up her job as her family bakery's packager, essentially ruining the sky city's morning. She gets kicked out from there to Earth and lands on a small patch of trees. The first person she sees is a boy coming out from a supermarket and tries to ask him ridiculous questions about Earth. The show revolves around their random encounters and later on becomes some sort of bible-inspired allegory about the importance of a soul and innocence and stuff like that

And for those who still think it sounds like SvsFOE:
>Different setting contribute to different tone
>No baddies and 80% reduction of magic. The girl has a cloud-making machine toy she's crazy about if that helps
>Smaller cast so fewer shipping wars or whatever
>The girl in my show is more down to earth (pun intended) than Star and the boy she's friends with is a lot more "loose" than Marco

2 wanna be soundcloud rappers want Clout so bad they summoned a Clout demon ( a big gigantic pair of clout goggles) and sold there souls to make to the top.

Genre : comedy

Network : Adult Swim

Demographic : teens and young adults

Would be episodic

Runtime : 20mins

In depth explantion : the wannabe Soundcloud rapper will have to anything wat rappers do today like do xan , start fights , etc . The music they make are complete trash but they'll think they're good and different . They live in florida and they kinda act like beavis and butthead but a little more smarter.

Great show ideas bros, would watch! :D

A flamboyantly gay chef who is also a professional movie critic
Comedy
Adults
Episodic but some things would carry over
30 min
The main character is a gay shef and also a movie critic also he does freelance work as a doctor sometimes. The humor would come from the show taking itself too seriously kinda like a parody of soap operas. The gay chef would be constantly unsatisfied with his food and trying to improve his recipes to become a 5 star chef, but his gay relationships would distract him from his goals. at the end of the episode he would narrate an uninsightful review of a current movie in a completely dry and unfunny way for like a minute and then smoke a pipe in his study.

>Elevator pitch: A young man explores a post-peak mutt America, unaware of the horrors he is about to find.
>Genre: Horror
>Network: Unimportant
>Demographic: Whites
>Format: episodic
>Run time: 56 minutes
>In depth explanation:
It's 2070. Generations of unfettered immigration and racemixing have ruined the American people, creating a nation of mongrels whose vanity, pride, ignorance and sloth have made them unable to support the great society that provides for them. The country is led into a collapse, killing all but the most degenerated of mutts.
A few years later, a young Canadian boy decides to leave the family farm in Southwest Ontario to cross the Northern Wall into the fabled land of America, hoping to unearth some of the great treasures of Old America. But dangerous creatures await within this land, creatures more twisted and horrific than any on this Earth. Formerly men, these pitiful beings now stalk the plains in the hunt for white blood to enrich themselves and hopefully become human anew. Woe to the world if such evil ever gains such power.

I like this idea. It would be funny if they sold their souls to get 100 followers because they thought thats all they needed to get big but they are still poor as shit and the demon sticks around with them kinda like Grim from Billy and Mandy and is annoyed at their wiggerness and or niggerness. I think it would be funnier if they were wiggers but I guess you didn't specify their race.

Why not just make it a parody of zombie/post apocalyptic movies except it's Sam Hyde as a cartoon and he's basically Roddy Piper's character from Hell Comes to Frogtown except he's the last white person instead of the last man.

Yeah, that would work too. In truth the protagonist doesn't really matter, he only needs to be white and blond.

>Elevator pitch: Group of kids dealing and fighting the supernatural
>Genre: Action Mystery
>Network: idk
>Demographic: For the whole family
>Format: Serialized
>Run time: idk
>In depth explanation
There are two perspectives, the boy's and the girl's club(not that they avoid eachother, they're just haven't met yet). I haven't thought about the girls side yet but there's probably a goth witch and a gypsy girl idk. Now, for the boys the group consists of a kid who was spirited away by a fairy ring during the middle ages and passed an entire year on the spirit world before managing to escape it but only returning many years into the future due to Spirit - Natural World time fuckery, he's the leader and the most experienced with the supernatural. A rich boy whose family's mansion is one of the few structures still in place since the last time the protagonist was in town and the first place he went to ask for help, the nicest of the group despite his strict temperament and looks like a cockatiel, in fact his whole family looks like birds. The smart kid, long haired and casual dressed with a beanie and a fierce believer aliens he likes to go up hills and builds junk radio stations to try and make contact with one, his cool mannerisms and style makes his theory seem almost believable. The tough kid, a japanese transfer student and a barley-on-mouth banchou, infamous as a delinquent eventhough he never starts a fight, it's just that actual delinquents want to start shit with him because he's a big guy, over terrified of ghosts. When the group is formed they start hunting fairys and spirits who haunt their town until things start getting messy

>Working Title: Screaming Oaks Asylum for the Mentally Unusual
Elevator pitch: a mentally ill little girl gets committed to a surreal and gloomy mental asylum
>Genre: dark comedy
>Network: Cartoon Network, maybe
>Demographic: 10-16
>Format: episodic with some continuity
>Run time: 11 minutes
>In depth explanation:

A show set in a gloomy, surreal, and old-fashioned mental asylum in the woods where the architecture's often bizarre and nights seem to last far longer than days.

The protagonist would be loopy. spacey little girl with long, unkempt orange hair, a hospital gown, a makeshift ribbon made from a scrap of cloth, and soft slippers. She gets committed to the asylum due to belief that she might be insane. She adjusts pretty easily to the asylum, but still insists that she's perfectly sane, though over time she sometimes doubts her own sanity. Overall I'd try to make it ambiguous whether or not she's truly insane.

Other patients at the asylum would include, among others, a ghostly girl who can't remember what her unfinished business is and is considered a patient due to being bound to the asylum, and a hippie who also has severe OCD. The staff is rather odd too. For example, The head (and only) nurse being an 11 year old girl who was hired only because the previous head nurse was her grandma, and after she retired the girl was the closest person around who was remotely qualified. The asylum's owner is an elderly Russian Doctor who's very insistent about who is and isn't insane, despite being a rather strange person himself

The show would be a macabre but light-hearted comedy for the most part and it would attempt to explore themes such as mental illness similar things. It also might have a few light psychological horror elements in its darker moments, because that might be a neat thing to explore in a cartoon for once

Disney employee here, thanks for posting these ideas guys. Especially anonymously so you have no chance in court against us.

I unronically think there should be more fantasy setting shows like adventure time.

yes, yes, you make this joke in every fucking thread

What's wrong with it?

I hope Disney makes the one about the one white guy killing all the niggers and spics in the post apocalypse

Title: WAY BACK HOME

Average kids lost in space must find the way back to Earth on their own.
>Genre:
Adventure
>Network:
TV channels or internet
>Demographic:
Children and preteens (8-14)
Serialized
>Run time:
20 minutes (can be shortened if cut in halves)
>In depth explanation:
Two human children abducted by aliens must try getting back to Earth with no other help than their own skills. Except that they have no skills, they don't know where they are, they don't know where Earth is and they don't speak the language.
Author rights are already registered since 2015. I am trying my best to make this cartoon a real thing. Maybe you will see it on TV some day. Currently I'm trying to enter Les Gobelins.

Pastebin (English):
>pastebin.com/p3vp7Hcv
Pitch bible (French):
>docdroid.net/q1WJz7Y/prebible-internet3.pdf
Pitch bible (English):
>docdroid.net/bcpJ3XS/pitch-bible.pdf

Bonus
360°, work in progress:
>kuula.co/post/7lnSq
Main theme
>vocaroo.com/i/s0bL4DzEs4SZ
Lyrics (French, English, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian)
>vocaroo.com/i/s0D2QK9cabWw

I probably won't be able to post for the next one or two weeks. Currently reworking the character designs.

Well this thread's off to a flying start

They’re hardly consecutive

I don’t quite remember 3 but it’s been a good few weeks between some of these

So, what's the worst pitch in this thread so far guys?

The meme responses, obviously but special mention goes to for having posted it at least twice now

What's the best one?

Yours

>the absolute state of idea threads

Since you've explained more about the theme and starting premise, you should elaborate more on the characters now I think, especially the two mains, but supporting niggas would be interesting too

This guy's
response got a chuckle out of me. You're bare bones, but keep working on funny shit you can add to make it more complete

Digging the possible multiple perspectives of the two clubs but yeah you need to actually put together some characters for the other side

What do you mean by "until things get messy"? Since you've put down serialized, what's the extended plot of things? Tell me more about story and characters

Liking the premise and characters seem basic but pretty good so far. Maybe you can put some work into example plots and interactions or something

hey, it's an idea thread, why not give it a go?

>reworking designs

Good, that's your most frequently criticized aspect

>Maybe you can put some work into example plots and interactions or something
I could do a few if you'd like

Resources:
>Writing and Pitching
Animation Writing and Development: From Script Development to Pitch by Jean Ann Wright
files.animation.ir/video/Animation_Writing_and_Develop.pdf
Disney character designer article on pitfalls of animation pitches
chrisoatley.com/animation-pitch-pitfalls
Substance, Structure, Style, and the Principles of Screen writing by Robert Mckee
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
Pixar's 22 Rules of Storytelling
static1.squarespace.com/static/52675998e4b07faca3f636a5/t/527f0a75e4b012bf9e7361c5/1384057461885/Pixar22RulesAnalyzed_Bugaj.pdf
Invisible Ink: The under-structure of story
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/16su/resources/invisible_ink_pages_0901.pdf

>Animation
The Animator's Survival Kit
floobynooby.com/pdfs/The_Animators_Survival_Kit.pdf
Anatomy of a Fight
animationmentor.com/resources/webinars/anatomy-of-a-fight-with-dr-stuart-sumida/
>Podcast and Videos
Starz Animation Vice President (former senior director of development, original series at Cartoon Network) On Creating a Pitch Bible
vimeo.com/20355714
A podcast featuring a character designer from Disney on creating an animation pitch
media.blubrry.com/chrisoatley/artcast.s3.amazonaws.com/PWP02_WinningPitch.mp3
Character Design Forge (makes good videos on storytelling and writing)
youtube.com/channel/UCJklo0Zl5tLV9kkk_Jd81EA

>Show Bibles
Batman The Animated Series
worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/backstage/wbible/writersguide.pdf
The Gargoyles
angelfire.com/rings/katsaris/gargoyle.htm

>Pitch Bibles
Bravest Warriors
scribd.com/document/118981476/Bravest-Warriors-Pitch-Bible
Adventure Time
scribd.com/document/3122798/Adventure-Time-series-presentation
Rocket Dog
scribd.com/document/283123939/Rocket-Dog-Pitch

t. riggered mutt

>Characters
Girl acts like an autist, not in a explicitly cute way but she acts obsessively over things she's interested in, like with the cloud machine. She's in this weird state between content and worry/confusion with everything happening on Earth, but she manages to get by thanks to natural beauty. I've never seriously thought about her personality, but this kinda sounds like what I intend for her to act like.

The boy is pretty chill bro and all but you get the sort of potential school shooter vibe from him. He never really intends to do harm, but sometimes it gets really hard to tell. I would say he would be like Sucy from LWA with a penis but that's too much of stretch. He also wears a stupid batman mask which doesn't really have any deep backstory, he just got used to wearing it.

>Other niggas
Like I said before: not much. A 12 year old introverted music enthusiast girl, owner of a diner near the boardwalk, a former gym teacher turned weird guy who gives great advise, and some older teens. I dont intend to have a whole lot of townie episode either

Welp, reposting from 2 threads ago. I've been working on it (mostly got distracted and started writing an outline for a long multi-part or movie, kind of want to post it but I'm still holding out hope that with work and practice I can make this, it's loosely based on the story of Orpheus and Eurydice), I've started compiling a composition book of story elements and of the characters, the important ones at least, I want to do more reading on mythology that seems like a fun story could come of it, I know a bit about Greek stuff but I really want to it be a mix of cultures.

I'm not a great, good, or even acceptably below average artist, but I tried to make designs for the two MCs in an older thread like [pic related], I've been working on it but haven't had much success.

>A traveling vampire girl and a musical lamb boy form an Adventure Team to become true heroes
>Adventure, Fantasy
>9-14 but the hope is to have a large appeal
>Largely Episodic
>22 minutes (preferably with shorts for simpler plot ideas I have, and some two-three parters for longer ones)
A vampire swordsman(amateur) and a magical lamb-boy musician (reminiscent of the Piper of Hamelin) travel across a world filled with mythological beings, and magic. They complete task, quest, as well as exploring dungeons, ruins, and mazes as part of their association with a large network of explorers known as the Adventurer's Guild. Meeting a wide array of characters from goblins to ancient dragons as they learn about what it means to truly be a hero.

>Escribido en ingles
Dejado

I'd watch it

How's that a meme?

>What do you mean by "until things get messy"? Since you've put down serialized, what's the extended plot of things? Tell me more about story and characters
At the time the kids have banished a good chunk of the malevolent spirits(there are benevolent ones like lake guardians spirits and forest sprites, inspired by hindu, shinto and buddhist lore, like how you see in Avatar) they start drawing attention for themselves and eventually they met Oberon, one of the self proclaimed king of the elves(that's how elven politics works) and he tells the heroes about the instability of both worlds and the possibility of the two colliding with eachother to form a new one where mortals and spirit folk would live together, this however would be pretty shitty for the humans since war would inevitable and they wouldn't have much of a chance. Oberon, like most of his race, is completely indifferent about human lives and does nothing more help them besides sharing this knowledge(which was totally accidental, he only spoke with them because he thought they already knew it by now). At this point the kids start desperately banishing more and more spirits in order to strengthen the dimensional barrier that gets weaker the more denizens of a world live on the other to the point where they return to the benevolent ones and force their banishment turning them hostile towards them.

Maybe later I'll make a post expanding on the characters

you are finally going to rework those designs thank god, while you are at it please imrove your color theory, and lighting, you really need it considering for how many years i have seen your coloring stay the same

In something of an Ancap society, a horse girl tries to be the best mail and package delivery girl she can be, in competition with other workers from other delivery companies. Things are pretty cutthroat however, and sabotage and even outright attacks can occur over jobs, since the only thing that matters is which delivery person of which company, is the one handing it off to the customer. And so try as she might to be good and by the books, sometimes she and her co-workers of their fledgeling delivery company have to get their hands dirty or scheme to keep up with the other companies. Maybe through teamwork, planning, and good work ethic though, they can avoid the worst of it.

>Demographic: Whites
I don't know why that made me laugh so hard

This is just sad

and here you are

People taking it too seriously is sad. Otherwise it's pretty fun.

Who's taking it too seriously?

There hasn't been a new idea in like hours now, so I guess I'll post one:

An elderly and somewhat senile fisherman grows tried after decades of doing his job and decides that what he needs for a more exciting life is to become a pirate armed with a fishing rod and an old harpoon, he modifies his fishing boat and sets sail for adventure and treasure. What follows is a series of wacky maritime adventures the old fisherman gets into. sort of like Don Quixote on the high seas

Posted this before and it wasn't well liked.

Working Title:Anomaly
Elevator Pitch:Three very intelligent but mildly dysfunctional paranormal investigators fight multiple complicated interconnected occult conspiracies leading up to one big one.
Network:Cartoon Network or Syfy if they ever take cartoons.
Demographics:Teens
Format:Leaning more towards serialized, with most episodes having a conclusion but all being part of an overarching storyline.
Run Time:2-3 25ish episode seasons.
In Depth:In the nearish future a mild Idiot Savant (think fry but a genius biologist) grad school dropout ia flung into the world of government secrets and the paranormal after finding a seemingly magic very powerful sword he can barely use and shortly after finding it a government agency dealing with the paranormal captures him. Seeing as they can't separate the sword from him they make a deal which lets him be what is essentially a government sanctioned and controlled Ghostbuster if he lets them do research on him occasionally. Because they don't really trust him and he has no training they assign two other agents with less than stellar track records to handle him, a angsty and hyper serious Israeli transfer agent from a long line of vampire and monster hunters and a soft hearted and naive female psychic jackal woman who is both a physics expert and a possible clone of anubis. The show starts off with a bunch of disparate elements with the first season's villains being an ancient Roman cult/megacorp but as it goes on it becomes clear that everything from the Jackal woman's origins to the workings of the sword are all part of a plot by two dueling forces that goes back nearly to the beginning of the universe.It'd feel like a 70s marvel horror comic with a bit of anime influence, with a lot of lore, ancient demons, psuedo science mixed with real science lovecraft monsters and moody gothic horror/cyberpunk atmosphere.

you know I've always wondered why they never try their hand at animation

sure, there was tripping the rift, and animation actually takes effort, but I feel like surely they could pick up some youtube level animators hungry for even a shoestring budget

For me (the guy who posted above you) it's because I'm not out of college, learning animation and honestly hope I can get it made into a real tv show.I'm worried putting it on YouTube first would complicate things

Oh I totally get why the people here don't

I was referring to how you said you'd have it on syfy if they did cartoons, which they really generally haven't

It's probably because it's seen as kiddy stuff that would ruin the serious reputation of the channel that brought us sharktopus. It's also probably because a live action monster movie or tv show on a super low budget only looks crap part of the time, while an animated show would look jarring and terrible all the time if handled with that level of money and care.

>Elevator pitch:
In a world where civilization is built around the carcasses of giant monsters, a lone jackal gunslinger roams the west in search for cure to his mysterious ailment.
>Genre:
Western, action/adventure
>Network:
Adult swim or streaming network
>Demographic:
14-20 year olds
>Format:
Semi-serialized plot arcs, but mostly episodic
>Run time:
22 minutes
>In depth explanation:
Thousands of years ago, giant monsters known as Behemoths roamed the world, carving out entire ecosystems in the trails of destruction they leave behind. But most of them are dead, the only remnant of their existence are the gargantuan carcasses strewn across the world. Civilization, comprised of anthropomorphic scavengers, have carved out a living by building cities around the corpses and using the resources mined from the bodies to fuel technological development. The eastern continents are social and technologically developed, thanks to the abundance of resources and the hospitable climate. But the western continents, with their harsh desert climates, remain untamed, yet are abundant in carcasses and minerals.

The series takes place in the West, as small settlements dot the landscape that surround the scattered industrial carcass cities as settlers aim to carve out a new life on the continent. It follows a single Jackal gunslinger, who has come to the west in search for a cure for his mysterious ailment which slowly eats away at his flesh, and has already claimed his legs. Now striding the desert on bionic limbs, he becomes a mythic hero to the townsfolk who he protects from bandits, smaller scavenging monsters and bounty hunters. Alongside other recurring villains, the main antagonist is a scheming hyena queen who seeks to gain a foothold in the region by buying land and extorting towns and cities with her army of goons. She also seeks the protagonist and convert his illness into a flesh-eating bio-weapon which she'll use to gain leverage with the carcass cities.

Yes! I want to see this.

Thanks

>Name: Mindscapers
>Elevator pitch: A teenager travels through the dreams of her peers trying to solve mysteries.
>Genre: Suspense-Comedy
>Network: Disney/Netflix
>Demographic: YA with added “GIRL POWER” marketing bonus
>Format: Monster-of-the-week style episodic escapades with serialized continuity
>Run time: 22 Min

In small town New England, a heavily introverted teenager and wannabe witch unlocks her latent ability to travel into the dreams of others. At first overwhelmed by the potential of her powers, the mysterious disappearance of her older cousin/personal role model pushes her into further examination. Spurred on by her friends, namely her childhood friend turned beautiful social butterfly, she digs through the history of the community, uncovering many a hidden trauma along the way, oftentimes finding herself forced to help fix the problems of the townspeople in order to progress. The deeper she gets, the more resistence she finds, both in and out of the dreamscape.

The show mainly follows the pattern of “meet new character, introduce new dreamscape, unveil problem, try and solve problem to continue”, with each new target a direct result of information gained in earlier episodes. As such every episode is enjoyable as a standalone piece and as part of the larger tragedy surrounding the story.

Doing some ratings. 7/10+ is basically a pilot episode, 9/10+ is a season deal.

I, yeah, okay. 4/10.

I think you KNOW it isn’t Star Vs., you just suck at vocalizing exactly how so. Do the struggles your characters face differ from “average Star episode”? Probably, so expand upon that. 6/10, 7/10 because I know you know your shit.

Cut it to 11 minutes per episode and it’s a 7/10 done deal.

It stinks! 5/10

Cool characters but what is it about? 5/10

You actually do know your shit, but hey you basically edit this every thread so what can I say. Props for making it feel distinct from other cartoons, be they old shows or those currently on air. I feel a bit of Fosters, some Flapjack and Courage, but the identity is still distinct. 8/10

9/10 you fucking french madman, go live out your wild dreams

I like the characters but you need to make a more defined episode-to-episode premise. 6/10

Hey, I like it. Distinct character and tones, if it doesn’t grab me too much. 7/10

Don Quixote on the Seven Seas is peomising, but I need just a bit more here on tone. 6/10, really try and visualize it.

>I like the characters but you need to make a more defined episode-to-episode premise
No idea what you mean by that.
>travel across a world filled with mythological beings, and magic. They complete task, quest, as well as exploring dungeons, ruins, and mazes as part of their association with a large network of explorers known as the Adventurer's Guild
Is the "episode by episode" premise
It's not a serialized story. They'd have whatever job they can find for whatever person is hiring an adventurer from their guild.

I talked a bit more about it in an older thread
>"The idea is that two kids (orphans but that's not entirely out of the ordinary in this world) explore a world with magic and creatures from folklore and mythology living side by side with humans (and all the conflict that comes with that). As an Adventure Team they'd take missions from anyone (particularly through the Adventurer's guild) and go anywhere to get it done, missions like finding a treasure from a cave, escorting someone through a dungeon, catching a robber, stopping a necromancer who's been bugging the cryptkeeper, sorting out a territorial feud between kappas and trolls. I figured this made it a bit like old cartoons where one episode the characters would be farmers in one episode and living in an igloo or space station the next."

Thanks. The reason I post it often is partially to show that I'm still working on it, and partially because I enjoy discussing it. I try to add or change a bit of it each time so it feels at least a little fresh

Out of curiosity, which part of it feels like Flapjack?

I MAY BE PARANOID
BUT THIS IS WHERE DREAMS GET STOLEN

Yes yes, you make this joke every fucking thread

>Working title:
'Permian Society'? 'Permian EndZone'? 'PermiEnd'?
>Elevator pitch:
Rowdy Lyra tries to survive in a dying world as a scavenger in the middle of the greatest extinction event in Earth's history, for according to a prophecy, her and her species' survival will determine the fate of life on earth.
>Genre:
Action/Adventure/Comedy, Post-Apocalyptic Fiction.
>Network:
? (Anything that'll take it desu)
>Demographic:
Generally, I still want it to be kid-friendly, but the edgier (for a lack of a better term) environment would probably attract the teen audience more.
>Format:
Serialized
>Run time:
11 minutes/episode. 3 seasons tops.
>In depth:
Basically a post-apocalyptic comedy adventure set in the prehistoric era right at the end of the Permian (right before the dinosaurs), a world filled with western-style arid, ash-filled deserts, bleak and black volcanic areas with purple skies, wastelands, etc. But the world is anthropomorphized, the animals talk and wear clothes and they all fight for survival, for water, for shelter, clean air. Some of the smarter ones engineer ways to survive, some form religions/tribes, some form gangs with weapons, etc. I'm imagining Mad Max meets Zootopia, basically, but the apocalyptic events are based on what happened for real and the animals are all pre-dinosaur monsters, therapsids, sauropsids, etc.
And we're all seeing it through the eyes of Rowdy Lyra (a lystrosaur), the MC, a sort of crafty, survivalist cowgirl character, who was born right as the earth starts to die, who was told that she and her kind will lead the future of life on earth by some fuckin oracle. So her mission is to find and gather as many lystrosaurs as she can, convince them to stick with her, and find a viable place, a mythical forest or some sort, with them to stay, repopulate and wait out this 'great dying' until the Triassic comes.

>when you have a story almost identical to this that you're really passionate about
CAN YOU NOT PLEASE I WANT TO MAKE THAT INTO SOMETHING!

tell us about yours?

...well mine's set in the Permian period as well, but it's more in line with a Samurai Jack style tone in that the MC is an anthropomorphic Dicynodon who travels around his dying world in a quest to defeat the giant elemental monsters causing the environmental collapse. He'd acquire companions along the way that'll help in him in combat considering he's quite small compared to the predators he has to fight. I'm pretty passionate about it and have several documents written up further detailing the world but I'm kinda paranoid about it being stolen and being implemented before I can make something out of it.

It's not a joke.
Maybe on a subconscious level, we all steal each other ideas.
our ideas infect one another and they all become homogenous,
As if warped by polio or whooping cough
And I'm pretty sure this is only the second thread I've expressed such concerns

Well, somebody says this in every thread

So a pinky and the brain thing?
What would prevent them from succeeding?
A true nemesis or a Didi from dexter's lab?

Apparently I am a massive retard who can't read

Old, washed up actor attempts to regain relevance in a world populated by real super heroes and villains
>Genre:
Action/Comedy
>Network:
N/A (web cartoon)
>Demographic:
Teenagers and up
Episodic but with a major plot going in the background
>Run time:
One season
>In depth explanation
>takes place in a Roger Rabbit ish world filled with cartoon and comic book characters
>30s Ruber Hose actor who only played the villain
>fell from grace after the world was filled with actual heroes and villains and everything became "reality tv"
>time skip to decades later
>he is in some retirement home wasting his life
>receives a letter that says his old group is getting together again for a reunion party
>realizes he wasted his entire life
>grabs his scientist best friend he met in the retirement home and has one week to become relevant again so he can brag on the party
>the problem is that his younger brother's grandkid shows up saying she is spending the next week with him (he missed the letter)
>he is also completely senile after so many years and legitimately believes he is a super villain instead of just an actor that played one

>So a pinky and the brain thing?
Nah
>What would prevent them from succeeding?
The actor is out of touch believes his outdated methods (think tying women to train tracks) would still work, The scientist is competent but depressed and sabotages himself without even realizing it. The younger girl acts tough but has no idea of what being a villain is like.
>A true nemesis or a Didi from dexter's lab?
None of the heroes take them seriously, their enemies are heroes and other villains depending of who gets in the way, they almost always lose though

>they almost always lose though
Correction, they don't lose but still cause a lot of pain to themselves and damage their surroundings, the old man has a never give up attitude that plays an important role in his relationship with the young delinquent girl.

The daily lives and adventures of various killers and scientists
>Genre:
Science fiction.
>Network:
Probably going to have to be one of the adult channels.
>Demographic:
Adults. Late teens maybe but I think the depressing aspects won't sell well there.
Serialized Episodic. Basically series of three episode or two episode story arcs that neatly wrap up a single story.
>Run time:
22 minutes preferably.
>In depth explanation
So this is not a slice of life series.

It started it's life as a comic book idea, and honestly I might continue it as that after I write the first couple of spec scripts but the basic idea is just a series of jobs and adventures. Main core cast of ten to twelve that will cycle in for their job of the week.

I posted before about a minor arc. A romance that was decidedly on the light and hopeful side. Here's one of the darker arcs

>Lights and Dark in Contrast: A lonely teens interest in photography takes a decidedly dark turn when he unwittingly takes a photo of corporate killing. Wanted dead by one side to keep him quiet and the other to be used as a threat, he struggles to survive as the walls close in.

This one is decidedly on the daker side.Plays more heavier into the projected art which instead of going for the bathed in neon look, I want more of a updated version of the urban sprawl we have now except with advanced technology

>The daily lives and adventures of various killers and scientists working for a megacorporation in a cyberpunk future.
I don't know why that got cut off. But that's the full post.

This would be pretty awesome if they were aware of and had a rivalry with the girls club. Basically gather a bunch of mystery related character archetypes and make them all children who absolutely hate each other.

I have a boner for insanity and asylums so this sounds pretty damn fun to me
>orange haired girl
Nice taste too user, careful to not accidentaly make her your waifu.

Thanks. I enjoy stuff about asylums and mental illnesses too. I also enjoy things involving gloomy, old-fashioned buildings

An ultra dimensional death tournament
>Genre:
Musical(?) and Action
>Network:
N/A
>Demographic:
Everybody
Serialized
>Run time:
Somewhere between 8 and 10 episodes
>In depth explanation
Somewhere in deep space a "zilionare" is funding a deadly event for his own entertainment, an interdimensional tournament where random warriors from different worlds and times are chosen to fight each other or their planets will be destroyed, all taking place in a high tech arena with a live audience.

Each fighter represents a different kind of musical genre like rock, techno, and classical. Each episode is a 1v1 battle with no dialogue or sound effects, just music (like a videoclip). The songs are combinations of the two musical genres represented by the fighters.

>Cool characters but what is it about? 5/10
Here>Basically gather a bunch of mystery related character archetypes
Like what? But nah, they have no reason to hate eachothers

>Like what?
The ones you described, like that one idea Sup Forums had for a Mystery Kids crossover. The show could have this "boys vs girls" thing going on but the kids are forced to team up against bigger foes.

Oh right, the animation would also sync with the music.

Is that it?

C-List Superheroes slowly unravel a shadowy organization that has infiltrated the League of Champions and the governments of the world.
>Genre: Drama/Action
>Network:
Adult Swim
>Demographic:
20-25
Episodic (25 episodes)
>Run time:
30 minutes
>In depth explanation
The League of Champions are protectors of the world consisting of the bravest and most powerful superheroes of the world. But time within the league and the challenges they face mean they mostly have to leave their "home turf" cities for long periods of time. The Homeguard initiative puts tier C superheroes as caretakers of the cities when the Champions are gone (which they are frequently). Most Homeguarders do it part time or on the weekends and hold regular jobs otherwise since it doesn't pay enough to live off of. An illuminati style organization dedicated to promoting war with other world's has been working for decades to take over the world but hasn't bothered with those who might be Homeguarders.

The idea would be not to be very original but to give a place and purpose for older comic book heroes of old (even if they must be given a different name) such as The Shadow, The Phantom, The Hornet, Rocketeer, etc. Because this is only a part time thing at first, most of them are pretty blue collar.

Yes. It's more about action sequences and music than lore.

That's the point tho.

Would it use original characters, parodies or licensed characters?

Can you play any instruments?

No but I know people who know a lot about music, it would be a collaborative project.

Honestly, probably a mix of original/licensed characters for the Homeguarders and parodies for the A-Listers.
The Shadow, The Phantom, and Rocketeer have been in legal purgatory for decades so I doubt something like this would help.

Can you draw?

And when you say that you can't play any instruments do you at least know anything about music theory?

Unless you could convince DC or Marvel to give you their characters you would be much better off making your own characters user. The A listers could be based on mainstream heroes while C listers would be "rejects" with uninteresting gimmicks that would have been either done to death or just not work well in the real life industry. Not Legion of super heroes stuff I mean Condiment King levels of cheesy.

Like you know how back in the day every fucking hero was a space man ala Flash Gordon or a detective? You could start with stuff like that.

I literally had this idea a few weeks ago, I am not crazy attached to it yet
>Can you draw?
Improving.

I know it's masturbatory as all fuck but honestly I really just wanna turn one of the /tg/ campaigns the lads and I've run into a TV show.

Improving how? Because what you're describing is very auditory and visual heavy and you don't know much of the auditory part.

>have idea for cartoon
>spend so much time with world building you get close to creating a fucking bible for it
>when its time to explain it you can't do it without needing to explain said world building
>end up sperging for half an hour while the other person is bored
The worst feeling.

There is a whole wealth of possibilities if you just recast/parody a bunch of C-list villains from DC/Marvel. Stuff like Firefly or Ghost

First I will git gud at drawing and animation, them I will start doing my homework on music since I also have a boner for composing.

>Elevator pitch: Twin sisters find a magical object in their grandmothers attic that gives them superpowers, at the cost of fusing the two together.
>Genre: Comedy/Adventure
>Network: Disney
>Demographic: TV-Y through TV-PG
>Format: Serialized
>Run time: 11 minutes. Preferably two at a time for 22 minute long episodes.
>In depth explanation: Katie and Sadie Herplock are twin sisters visiting their grandmother for the weekend. Katie is a complete wild girl who wants nothing more than to go out and explore the seas, diving into the ocean and swim with the aquatic creatures. Sadie is completely rule driven, and wants to eventually find a way to save the planets forest and biomes. Both are 12. The two are roped into cleaning out the attic, but given specific instructions not to mess with the fancy looking box. The twins mess with the fancy looking box. Inside they find a pretty looking pendant. After arguing with one another about who gets to try it on first, the pendant snaps in half. After freaking out and worrying that their grandmother will find out, the two try to put it back together, at which point the magic inside the pendant awakes, and the two girls are fused together into that of an older, teen version of themselves with magical powers.
>The episodes will play out with a monster of the week format, with the monsters being occult in nature, like the Jersey Devil or the Mothman, and the girls will constantly have to hide their secret from both friends and family.

That's pretty much all I got. I feel like it would've worked better around the Kim Possible/American Dragon age of Disney, but whatever.

This does sound very Disney Channel ish. How would the dynamic between the girls work? Do you already have any ideas for side/support characters?

short and sweet

find a way to get the basic idea across on its own

if you can't do that, you need to rework the idea

I'd like them to actually act like siblings and get along 99% of the time, but Disney loves the sibling rivalry crap so they'd probably get on each others nerves over the littlest thing. Though when fused their personalities and attitudes balance each other out.

Side characters so far, none of them with names, are the twin's older red headed sister(Because of course she is) who works at the local book store for a mysterious dude who may or may not be the devil.
Then there's the twins friends. Again, I'd just like it if they both had different friends since they have different interests, but again that's usually not how it works. So they both have the same friends, with big gentle giant girl, their 2cool4school cousin skater girl, and one of their old friends from Canada who may or may not be from a clan of Wendigo hunters. Wendigo hunter boy is obviously going to be shipped with either of the twins, no reason to even fight it.

Then of course there's the occult side characters. I know Bigfoot gets overused a lot, but come on, who doesn't love Bigfoot. Of course he's undercover and working for the government at a local shoe store and goes by the name Harry Footman. He's got a daughter who's half Bigfoot, yes I saw Juniper Lee.
And then there's the monsters, which are sort of drawn to the girls town thanks to the amulet.

I also kind of want there to be some implying that the girls grandmother used the pendant before, but it turns out she used to have a sister as well and that they both broke the pendant long ago. However it fixed itself up and they got stuck that way, but lost the powers.

Not sure if that'd be too dark though.

Oh and Susan Egan voices the twin's Principal. Mmmmm.

>I'd like them to actually act like siblings and get along 99% of the time, but Disney loves the sibling rivalry crap so they'd probably get on each others nerves over the littlest thing.
Just replace generic hate with sibling banter, the girls are familiar with each other's differences but poke fun at each other at any given opportunity

>>Elevator pitch: As a throwback to 80's cartoon, a team of Knights protect a kingdom with the aid of armored Dinosaurs
>>Genre: Action/Adventure
>>Network: This could go anywhere, really. Cartoon Network, I guess.
>>Demographic: Kids 8-13
>>Format: serialized
>>Run time: 30 minutes
>>In depth explanation: A throwback to toy-commercial action cartoons, an intrepid band of knights must protect their kingdom in a land removed from time from the forces of Tyrant Meteus. They'll fight tooth and nail with their Dynamic Dinosaur partners and armed with their mighty Dinoswords. Basically, He-Man meets King Arthur and the Knights of Justice meets Dinosaucers.