American """""""Education"""""""

No wonder we have so many liberals

That's right, though.

Teachers need to be crucified to show a message

>guaranteed_replies.txt

Truth.

And also teachers are supposed to make corrections in red. We were forbidden from using red pen so that the teacher's corrections would not be missed.

Stop confirming the dumbass Americans stereotype.

>grab son's old homework
>grab sharpie
>write dumb shit
>post on internet

The problem is the way the question is written. It leads the student to try to come up with a way it could be possible instead of the intended answer that it isn't possible.

'It's not possible' answers are shitty anyway because they just make the student spurg out and guess.

It's been floating around here for a while

theoretically, if the radius of Marty's zza was larger than the statement could be true. That kid was thinking outside the pizza box

lol that kid got it right

like holy shit these fucking teachers, Orwell literally memed 2+2=5 into existence

why the fuck are they using green ink?

wtf is going on in education????

Why do you hate liberals?

That's not true

This is a common core question intended to make the student think outside of the box.

The student is right, the teacher was wrong

The question asks how it's possible and the student gave an answer as to how it could be possible
Teacher is retarded

REPEAL COMMON CORE

I used to argue with teachers all the time, and if I was technically correct (the best kind of correct), They would revise my score.

Kids need to sack up and call out the teacher.

Welcome to Sup Forums

That kid is a smart cookie

>5/6 of 10 is greater than 4/6 of 1 000 000 000 000

please nuke america already
not even trump can save them

Wait so there are two pizzas or one pizza?

Wait, you mean this kid understood compound fractions before he was supposed to? WHIP! BEAT! ELECTROCUTE!

The problem is horribly written and gave the teacher leeway to ass pull her justification of her own answer. The way it is worded is that it IS possible and the student must provide the answer on why it is possible. It should also be noted that there is no information of the size of each pizza. Nothing states that you can also disprove as well. It is just too open ended of a question and leads to the teacher blocking out what she sees as wrong. It's literally an opinion question that you must back up with a correct justification, which the student did.

The student is actually being discouraged from thinking outside the box and constraints of mathematics which should be encouraged instead of admonished like it is here. Then again, elementary teachers are the lowest of the low and take the least amount of certifications to teach compared to the rest of education. They are grooming children, not teaching nor educating them.

Vague question are a great way to promote creativity and out of box thinking. This teacher is just an ape.

Women go into education when they realize they're too stupid for anything else.

>basic logic is now thinking outside the box

No not really, because mathematically if pizza is the same variable, than they are equal to one another,

5/6 * Pizza > 4/6 * Pizza

>Marty ate more pizza than Luis
Is this the new education where we're trained to spot lies and nothing is true? It literally says he ate more and then asks how it's possible. Obviously his pizza is larger. Eating half of a 16in pizza is more than eating a whole 2inch pizza. I fucking hate common core (and everyone who defends it)

>loo-eeeess
el kekio

1 pizza is not a standard unit of measurement

>all these dumb americans in here confirming american """education"""
lmao lad

>his ancestors were criminals and prostitutes

Something doesn't need to be a standard unit of measurement to be a variable.

The question was about how such a thing could be possible. Pizza is objectively variable, so that's an obvious solution to the problem presented.

and still managed to get a better education than you LOL

you would have to specify that

they are both wrong

stoopid motherfeckers

You can apply substitution and make one pizza a measurement.

A pizza with a radius of 16 can simply be renamed as "P". 2P would be two pizzas or a pizza that is twice as large as the original P.

The question is : How is

5/6*(Luis' Pizza) < 4/6*(Marty's pizza).

possible?

The kid got it completely right and the teacher completely wrong, there is no discussion here.

No, it would have been racist to actually use math for a math question. We have to phrase it in terms of writing an essay on your feelings about slavery so you don't ever learn about math but rather how to parrot the unprovably correct "right" answer.

Like i said, you are think of pizza as not being a mathematical variable. But if you do think of it as one, then the teacher is correct.

if you replaced the word pizza with X, could you say marty had a bigger X? No you couldn't because in a mathematical problem variables with the same label are always equal.

And yours are not?

They have different size pizzas.

and x can equal 45 but it doesn't until you actually say it does

That is a horribly worded question. Seems to me like it's designed to just screw over the kid answering it more than anything else.

Also, that teacher should be reprimanded for that for sure.

and a variable is just that, variable. A pizza isnt defined as a constant.

Thinking about it, the correct answer would be:

If the size of Marty's pizza is at least 25% larger than the size of Luis pizza.

Woah shit the green is pen is the teacher. Oh my life...

Then phrase the question as a math question. As stated, it's clearly drawing a difference between the two pizzas and asking the kid to jew his way around the math.

YOU are right. 4/6 of a big pizza can be more than 5/6 of a smaller one.

YOU are dumb

Also the way the question is formulated is dumb as hell.

true story. in the uk, teachers don't use red ink anymore because it upsets the snowflakes

True but it is a great skill to develop considering what mathematics the student will have to do once he is in high school or college.

Calculus 2 and integrals in general will ream that butthole wide open if he didn't learn that skill.

holy shit.

Never wanted to punch a teacher before. Even the first post didn't flip me off much. But this one? This is just horrible. That person shouldn't be teaching.

My mom had these wicked cool standard issue teacher pens. On one end it had red ink and the other end it had blue ink. That way, as she was grading papers, she could flip it one way or the other based on whether she was writing comments or corrections.

I took one apart and indeed the section with the blue ink was quite a bit larger than the section with the red ink. It's not about upsetting anybody; It's about standing out.

Well, that pretty much explains why the u.s. government spokesperson is accusing russia of not telling which hospitals they didn't bomb.
Idiocracy, IT'S HAPPENING!!

At least when I was in public school 6-7 years ago, this kind of question was all over the place. AP classes were better, but it was still present to some extent.
I can only imagine how much worse it's gotten.

Checked.

I agree, however I don't believe that the intent of the question was to demonstrate an understanding of function analysis.

Who says the quote for the traditionalist?

This.

The question seems like it asking you find a reason that it is possible.

It doesn't look like there is even an option to say it is impossible.

REEEEEEEEEEEE

there are studies that boys are systematically discriminated against in schools, by female teachers... I would be 20 bucks is a boy child with female teachers... fucking system is rigged against men... and woman wonder why we own there shit in the real world, cause we get tough by all the bullshit in school, and you get your weak shit handed to you on a silver platter (not to mention that school is taught completely in a manner that suits girls, boys learn hands on we don't want to sit and stare at chalk boards... When you have to work harder to do as well it make you tougher and more determined... when you get a easy ride.. you turn into a whiny bitch... duh....

but it says his pizza for both of them, that implies that the pizzas are any size, it is infinitely more likely that the pizzas are a different size then not

>American """""""Education"""""""
> No wonder we have so many liberals
But you're absolutely right. The only way to dominate a society is if they're fucking stupid. They have been (deliberately) dumbing us down for 40+ years. This is part of the plan.

Ur gay lol

>this is what tradionnalist cucks believe
wew lad

cause Marty had a bigger pizza - isn't that obvious, am I missing something?

Their cognitive dissonance is one reason

If you had a pizza with radius Z and a thickness of A, the volume of the pizza would be

(Pi(Z*Z))A

;:^)

But the kid solved it correctly.
What the fuck.

Abolish teachers unions. Remove all funding for social studies.

My last science teacher said almost exactly this. She said she got into teaching because there wasn't anything else she could do.

For a while I thought it's Italy sharing the newest achievements of pizza sciences with us, but then it turned out it's only Ireland.

3/5 of a vote = 1 Google

So why do Googles win the popular vote?

>the problem is the question
No bud you're just an idiot. The question is clearly written to make kids comprehend how a fraction of something large is greater than a large fraction of something small. I'm sorry you're a disappointment to your family user

Joseph de Maistre

>implying it's the student's responsibility to determine the intent of the question instead of just answering the question

>Abolish
*public schools

education majors are usually the lowest quality people. I dont want to sound like that yellow/black circle guy but public education needs to go away. Literacy in the US was climbing and already near 90% and 99% in urban areas when free public education started. It was probably started so early feminists could get government jobs and brainwash kids in the process.

I'm so fucking glad that I was never taught math by these people
> 4/6 doesn't exist is
> 4/6 is 2/3
> 2/3 = 66.67
The order of operations is a constant in math
> 5/8 = 62.50
> 5/8 is never bigger than 2/3

Could make literally the same thread with "No wonder Donald Trump is President" as the body and it would make just as much sense.

This.

Being a poor teacher should result in a death sentence.

>t. STMG
All the good schools and universities in France are public.

Good thing it says 5/6ths then, eh?

thanks Italy, I know no one trusts you, but I crust you.

Well that explains the
>American education
meme

>France
>good schools
try again.

>A pizza the size of the moon vs a pizza the size of a plate.
>lol pizza is the variable so 3000 square km of pizza is still the same as 2 square cm of pizza

I know standardized education is supposed to kill your creative thinking but god damn

The kid is wrong.
The real answer is that Luis was a transgender student who threw up all their pizza after learning that Trump won the election.
Marty, with his white privilege, kept more pizza down and further oppressed Luis.

my sister teaches at a shitty private school. she voted hillary and is dumber than a bag of bricks.

i asked her if she wanted to make america great again and she said no. i mean who doesn't want to make america great again? and then why do they get so assblasted when we win if they don't want to make our country great in the first place? why would the care if they didn't want what's best for the country?

liberal "logic" truly is a shitshow

What if the plate is the size of the moon?

And yet wrong he was anyway...

So either the student or the teacher did not understand the question.

JUST

Gulag for you

Public engineering schools and some universities are great

Top kek

Seems about right. I remember being in 10th grade and getting Cs in all my Society assignments until I was paired with the "smartest girl" in our class who was straight As. She got sick and did around 200 words of our 3000 word report and we got the highest mark in the class.

She finished her last two years at a girls private school, near lowest grades in her class. She works at KFC now.

>pizza

>Question is clearly written~
>Marty ate more pizza than Luis. Marty ate 4/6, Luis ate 5/6.

The question states Marty ate more. Even though the fractions prove he didn't. It's not possible Marty ate more, therefore it's a trick question and the statement is false.

However, the point is 'Reasonableness'.

Kid found a 'Reasonable' solution to the question given.