>still no Nova movie

Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/jamesgunn/status/940057493027164160?lang=en
twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/952350615476170752
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because I said so bitch

Sam > Dick just like Kyle > Hal

Because James Gunn doesn't really care for the Nova Corps as he said awhile back on a Facebook Q&A.

literally because his fans are the worst

Some cunt kept pestering Gunn. I think it wasn't even a matter of what he responded with, if he said he'd do it they'd go around telling everyone they're the reason we'd be getting a Nova movie, Gunn said he didn't say they'd get it and then they said that Gunn's the reason we won't be. There was even some incident with his private phone number being leaked and more people bothering him
It's likely few at Marvel Studios wants to touch it after seeing that fuss.

He's going to be a supporting character for a while until we get another cosmic crossover. I'm just glad the mess Bendis left him in was undone. Good fucking riddance.

>Some autist ruined it for every Nova fan

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nobody needs Nova when you have best girl.

This is actually the same asshole who started the No NINO campaign that had Nova fans refusing to buy Nova's because Sam was in the book. Rich came back, and his book fucking tanked because of these crybabies and their NINO (nova in name only) shit towards Sam.

I'm glad Sam came around to being a good character, that debut... I couldn't help but laugh, and I was laughing at Loeb's dead kid...

How many people do you legitimately listen to everything CBN says? I'd highball it at 3 or 4k.
The book got canned at 15k issues being sold. He didn't make any difference.

Matt McGloin is a perfect example of the worst kind of fan.

Searching for him just gives me a quarterback

Because they aren't announcing Phase 4 til after Avengers 4.

twitter.com/jamesgunn/status/940057493027164160?lang=en

GotG 3 is the first Phase 4 movie, but I'm sure Nova won't be in that.

because it's a shameless green lantern rip-off and green lantern did very poor in theaters

You mean Spider-Man 2 is the first Phase 4 movie.

He's a lamer green lantern

Because an idiot like James Gunn is in charge of the cosmic side of the MCU and he prefer make jokes than add good characters/concepts.

Be ready, IW will be the first and only time the cosmic universe will be good in the MCU.

From 2014 on they've done a new franchise every year.

>GotG
>Ant-man
>Dr.Strange
>Spider-man
>Black Panther
>Captain Marvel

We don't know the 2020 or 2021 movies, but I bet we get nova by 2023.

DESU, I actually like the GOTG a lot. It feels very refreshing to have an in your face space franchise. It's better than have Quasar, Nova and Adam Warlock all being the same person.

2020 will probably be Black Widow. Feige wanted to keep introducing a new franchise yearly.

An issue could be that Carol Danvers is kind of the Earth/Space connection hero. What role would Nova fill?

it's a good idea to save some people for later you know. you can't have every character coming out all at once. even if xandar gets destroyed and they don't immediately show one of the Nova characters to survive, one of them could have still survived and become super powerful but just went somewhere not shown in the soon to be released movies. they could just then reveal him later on in time.

or they could have one of the nova characters leave earth in the 60s or something and just make up some way that they might become super powerful

>it's a good idea to save some people for later you know. you can't have every character coming out all at once.
This is a good point. If you overcrowd the MCU, nobody gets development before contracts run up.

Didn't Serafinowicz's character blow up? Or am I thinking of supernova?

I agree and Gotg 3 is likely also in 2020, so no Nova. As people are saying "we won't get it cause of Gunn" but that's not true. We've been pretty packed with movies anyway and Gunn avoiding Nova works better. Its all for the best.

>Gotg 3 is likely also in 2020
It IS in 2020

twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/952350615476170752

Filming is said to start next year.

>Filming is said to start next year.
Yeah. Marvel's continuing to have one movie being filmed at all times. I assume we'll get another press event after Infinity War with the full Phase 4 announcement. They're already organizing filming dates so they must have the Phase 4 slate already decided.

Captain Marvel is March 2018 - May 2018
Spider-Man Sequel starts May 2018 until roughly August 2018
GOTG3 will probably start around September 2018.

DICK RYDER

Marvel is waiting for DC to push a Green Lantern movie, then out-do them.

There already was one and it's not a hard bar to pass.

>Earth/Space connection hero
don't thor and GOTG (since they'll all meet up) already take care of that?

They seem to be straying from the idea of "phase 4" and not wanting to lean into a build up movie. I don't think Avengers 5 will be a culmation type movie again. It'll just be a collection of characters who aren't in solo movies like Wanda, Vision, Falcon, Hawkeye and so on. "Phase 4" may be like phase 2, giving everything a chance to have room and grow on their own, but you know, better cause they'll do it without Ike looming over everything.

Isn't that what Captain Marvel is for?

>As people are saying "we won't get it cause of Gunn" but that's not true
Well, he did cut Nova from the first movie, so he is a pretty good chunk of the reason we won't see Nova in a movie any time soon.

not cosmic enough yet