What does Sup Forums think of the Boondocks?

What does Sup Forums think of the Boondocks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/M7AinOxULrU
youtu.be/gAs9HZC9c7Y
youtu.be/x4iBBfEHNaE
youtube.com/watch?v=VDLDVPV8kDE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

gay

Season 1 is low key kino. Low budget but Great amounts of atmosphere and purpose.
Season 2 is The funniest season and really the season where the boondocks comes into its own as a comedy show than just a black show.
Seaoson 3 is a mixed bag. There's some great episodes and some really forgettable episodes and it's very clear to see that they didn't have much of anywhere to go.
Season 4 is a shell of its former self that was trying desperately to capture the magic that Mcgruder tapped into.

The most honest take on Black America and Conservatives that you will see on TV. Watching Wuncler use soul food as a way to depreciate the value of a neighborhood so he could buy it up to expand his business really activated my almonds. Ditto with the lemonade stand.

what south park wants to be except with a premise on urban culture

save for season 4 which is the LOK to the earlier threes ATLA

I find it funny how a whole lot of modern conservatives and right wing types seem to like this show a lot despite it using quite a bit of leftist rhetoric

I guess there's something to be said about satire and comedy being able to break barriers between political beliefs

I feel like we're currently living in a Boondocks episode lately because of how meme worthy modern rap is
Lots of werido ass niggas

youtu.be/M7AinOxULrU
youtu.be/gAs9HZC9c7Y

Do the Homie
Do the Homie

I want to fuck Riley in his boypucci.

Nigga dats gay

No Homo

youtu.be/x4iBBfEHNaE

youtube.com/watch?v=K9jdIawyCJ0

were in a delicious era of rap

>really activated my almonds
I laughed

PENIS STIFFY UH
CUM REAL STICKY UH

...Did you just congratulate me for reading?

Best boy

Only cartoon that I found to be consistently (and very) funny while having an actual point

Really like that eff grandad clip.
Also wtf is up with thugnificents hair???

This

i think it's the point made in the garden party episode. can't find a clip but it's just rich white people not caring what Huey has to say because they disregard his opinion so hard. boondocks can't hurt you with racially-relevant observations if you're so far above caring.

I would say it's more the nature of people to take what they like and ignore the rest.

Boondocks didn't shy away from critiquing black or leftist culture as well but kind of like you're pointing out only the garden party that had Huey talking about the problems with Regan and and other matters you fail to mention MLK being alive and talking about problems with in the black community that could be fixed within the black community. But because Boondocks struck a pretty even balance between the criticisms of both it seems enough to make both happy with the criticisms of the other while ignoring or downplaying the criticisms of themselves.

The saddest fucking thing

IM MAD!

I love the comics, the cartoon is interesting. Don't understand why the white girl is so different

i meant more specifically in that right wing conservatives could enjoy the show. feels like they are just ignoring the deeper meanings of the satire because they don't care to read subtext.

Yeah I can pretty much agree with that

>urban culture.
Hey, just say it, it's nigga culture, we aren't going to judge.

I just want one Boondocks thread that doesn't end in shit-flinging, Can it be this one

How would a Boondocks episode about the Black Panther movie play out?

Probably the same way the Obama episode did, except a little more hopeless.

"There was a black lead in a MIC-approved mass market blockbuster. Looks like racism is over!"

I feel like an episode would be based around Uncle Ruckus trying to avoid hearing about the movie. He just trash talks it for taking down the white man. Everyone asks him if he's seen it when he says that, but he says no. He and a group of angry white dudes plan to ruin the premiere for the movie, but that fails spectacularly because of Huey's intervention. He embarrasses himself in public by ripping Black Panther masks off of children. He gets arrested. Robert bails him out. Ruckus finally watches the movie and thinks it's not bad for a flick by a coon.

And probably at school, everyone would be asking Huey how empowered he felt now. It'd be a little social commentary on how people thrust that unto minorities.

>Black people and white SJWs believe that Wakanda (a successful black ethno-state with sci-fi technology) is real
>they set out on a quest to find it in Africa.
>Wuncler is behind it all, it's actually just a paid cruse on one of his ships
>He's using Black Panther marketing as a way to sell cruse-line tickets to black people (W: "they don't buy cruzeline tickets any other way, cause they are afraid of water, cause they can't swim").
>Grandad drags the kids along to the African cruise, but not because he actually believes in Wakanda
>Wuncler made a deal with Grandad, for him to pretend to be from Wakanda.
>But Grandad doesn't want to do the job properly, he's just trying to get a free vacation,
>fawning passengers keep bothering him to tell about Wakanda, but he just wants to relax, and is annoyed the whole time.
>when they make port stops, Huey is the only one who actually is interested in real Africans,
>everyone else ignores the Africans because they aren't Wakandans
>Ruckus goes on the cruise too.
>he is actually trying to sabotage them, to protect hWhite Civilization from "spear chuckers that aliens gave space age technology no negro sized brain could invent"
>he fails to sink the ship, but he is successful, in that he actually wrecks the ship, making it inoperable.
>this forces the passengers to disembark, and they are actually confronted with real Africa enough to actually see some of its beauty and/or tragedy.
the whole thing could be loosely structured like Heart of Darkness (in a very loose way, like how O Brother Where Art Thou is loosely based on Homer's The Odyssey).

Good shit. Can already see this in my head as a real episode.

Word y'na mean?

That's basicaly what "people take what they like and ignore the rest" means in Part of what makes the show so smart is that it's willing to comment on the flaws of society in general, instead of just being an us-vs-them echo chamber for one faction of America.

[autistic screeching]

Top loli

Maybe it's because I'm a white guy from Kansas who's never really known any black people, but I just didn't see the appeal of the show. To me it mostly just seemed to be a bunch of stereotypes played completely straight.

I can see that happening, good stuff user

I really wish they went full anime for one season.
Do a black parody of each genre. Space opera, maho shojo, sports, medieval, etc.

The first episode I saw was the one where MLK called modern blacks niggers and then the episode ends by implying Oprah will become president.
I couldn't tell which parts were suppose to be satire or not, but I guess that was because I was in middle school when it was airing. I still watched it whenever it was on, though

Probably still my favourite adult cartoon.

My nigga

>liking straight haired jazmine more than based "frizzy" jazmine.

Fantastic satire; what makes it a rarity among other adult-focused animated shows is that the animation style is both fitting and well done in itself.

Very intelligent on the causes of problems in the black community and honestly with America in general.

Gimme yo ass nigga

>stereotypes
Are they stereotypes if they are true?

>its a korra appears in boondocks episode

> urban culture

they live in a suburb across the street from a McMansion

Who names a black kid Riley?

Not him but urban is a dogwhistle for racists to say they hate black people without saying it.

In a nutshell.

Like Riley should have had his sweet boi pucci turned into messy sex-wreckage, and decided that being a slutty trap was better than a wannabe thug.

yep

youtube.com/watch?v=VDLDVPV8kDE Miku is in mainstream rap now

>tfw no episode where Huey finally got to tap that

growing up white and conservative in black capital of USA, this show was the funniest. My entire class watched it and I actually could say I enjoyed some black media.
The writers did a good job pointing out black culture and then the next point out whiteys.

Indeed.

I can't be the only one who finds the censored and bleeped episodes funnier than the uncut ones, right?

Yo BROWN SKIN

>save for season 4 which is the LOK to the earlier threes ATLA
Really? I thought it was quite the downgrade.

Concidering this was a show about black people, why didn't they do an episode about the differences between African immigrants and African Americans?

/thread

They sort of did by having an episode where Huey meets his old best friend, and his old best friend's new best friend is hardcore into pan-Africanism. The message was something like African Americans are distinct from Africans and you can't use an African lens to solve all African American problems.

I think the episode was Wingmen, the one where grandpa attends a memorial.