Did they really need to kill him off like that? It made sense within Killmonger's plan, but what a waste of a villain

Did they really need to kill him off like that? It made sense within Killmonger's plan, but what a waste of a villain.

I completely agree, but it was required for Erik to win over the people.

>MCU wasting villain

Just be glad he was cool in the scenes he had.

They missed a marketing opportunity by not giving us the link to his soundcloud.

Vibranium is a magic bullshit element, so don't be surprised if Klaue comes back as a sound ghost haunting the mine or some shit. Glad he got the robo hand though. They still got M'Baku.

I was REALLY hoping for this movie to avert the typical, "Marvel villain dies in the end," but both of the movies primary antagonists died. At least there's M'Baku though, which is at least something new and different.

kek

He was fun. I didn't mind his death too much but it would have been nice to see him again in another movie.

WHAT IS LOVE?!

Mbaku is too cool to become a villain now

He has even more reason to become a villain due to T'Challa's actions at the end.

See, the stupid thing is, they fucking hyped him up since AoU, so I was expecting him to be a constant villain. Not to mention he's one of BP's primary archvillains. I was thinking he'd be in the whole BP trilogy, maybe serving a role similar to Scarecrow in the Dark Knight trilogy, at least showing up for a cameo here and there. With him dead, his scene in AoU just seems kinda pointless.

It makes Wakanda seem pretty fucking incompetent if they KEEP losing him.

With Infinity War he might be brought back with Killmonger like the rumors say.

But within movie he served his purpose. I loved the surprise reveal of his cybernetic arm.

Because Seaouth Afreeka needs to die whiteboi

It was meta commentary.

This whole movie is angry meta commentary. From the "haha we only have two white people and will treat them like shit! GET IT!" to "haha look at how few white people we have at the premiere" to "dude lets give sci-fi tech to black ghettos in oakland, that'll solve all the black peoples problems!"

In this case, it was a reference to the "black person dies" trope.

>It makes Wakanda seem pretty fucking incompetent if they KEEP losing him.
Well true. I just hate how they set him up as this incredibly cool villain, then killed him off halfway through.

>I loved the surprise reveal of his cybernetic arm.
We didn't get to see enough of that thing.

Go back to Sup Forums.

Andy Serkis villains contractually have to be killed off anticlimactically

It's Klaw. Death ain't shit.

I really wished Killmonger ended up ruling as a cliff hanger to set up his ideologies being tested in the Infinity war. It seemed his reign died off way too quick for it to be effective for the story.

I hope Killmonger comes back and tries to steal all the anime

He has the soul stone and will revive.
Screencap this.

There was alot of stuff cut from the movie, the original cut being close to 4 hours long.

Clear that some Klaue/Kilmonger stuff got chopped out.

he's not completely dead. his body is made of living sound and a part/copy of him still exists in his 'mixtape' similar to that german scientist in the winter soldier.

You thought too much about this movie.

Knowing the MCU they'll probably bring him back in some bullshit way.

With enough talk, I'm sure Disney could ask him back for one more movie as pic related. After all, he is known for motion capture performances. Picture Klaw hamming it up again, only this time he's an unstable sound monster
That's not how it works, and that's your personal headcanon. Arnim Zola is completely different

M'Baku was chilling in the council at the end of the movie and seemed happy. He's likely an antagonistic bro in the MCU now who keeps T'Challa in line now that W'Kabi can't be trusted to fill that position without proving himself. Especially because he seems to have had a popular fan reaction.

This. He's too bad to stay dead.

Fuck you, I didn't know I wanted this. IW is probably going to be packed enough as it is but fuck, if recapturing Wakanda and putting the rightful king back into place wouldn't have been a sweet subplot.

W'kabi gonna get the klaue

>Klaw is literally a cloud made of sound now

POTTERY

Yeah movie still felt a little too long. Some jump cuts were needed. Like did we really have to watch T'Challa lose his powers again for his fight with Killmonger? We could have jumped to him already recovering from the potion. Did we have to see Killmonger drink the potion and get buried. Two quick jump cut of him sipping the potion and another quick one of the people finishing his burial.

I'm sure there are other minor things they could have cut down on to reduce the run time.

Honestly, if that's the case, then I kinda feel like the movie blew it's load way too early with the villains. Already we have Erik Killmonger, deceased, Ulysses Klaw, deceased, and M'Baku, probably going to be a "good" guy now. And you can't even really do White Wolf now since Killmonger basically already fulfilled that niche.

Idk, i like that it took it's time with some things. And it flew by for me both times i saw it.

You could make White Wolf more likes comic Killmonger.

Guy is basically Mordo 2.0 waiting to happen. He cares about tradition, and the old ways. Once he sees how opening Wakanda's borders threatens that, he'll challenge for the throne again. The disdain he had for Shuri for her casualness/western slang was very apparant

I link to think of it as
>Killmonger learns of Thanos but sees that Wakanda doesn't need help to take him down despite Black Panthers attempt at an olive branch
>At first it looks like Wakanda is fending off the invasion, Killmonger is feeling pretty confident
>Thanos arrives, immediately flips the tables. The ruined king is completely btfo, he is made to watch his kingdom slowly die
>Avengers arrive, sake Wakanda along with Killmonger.
>Wakanda is back on the rebound and the infinity wars continue.
>at the end, Killmonger humbled by the ordeal, steps down and leaves the country, leaving things semi open for future stories.

Something like that.

Bucky is White Wolf.

Honestly, longer movies tend to drag for me, but BP never felt that way to me.

So he'd be, what, the inverse of Killmonger then? Someone who's devoutly isolationist, who remains loyal to Wakanda, but operates outside of it to influence Wakanda to become what he thinks it should? Maybe he could also team up with M'Baku like

So what's going to happen now that all the magic power plants are burned down and the last "fruit"(?) was eaten by BP?

of course they did, how else does he come back as a sound ghost otherwise

They'll probably handwave it away in the sequels like they did with Tony blowing up all his suits in Iron Man 3.

I mean that, and Klaw;'s whole thing is seeming to die and then coming back as a sound man. It's a big part of his character.

Black Panther also has shit all for villains and they made one of his only good ones a fucking anti-hero so.

They can just say the gardeners keep seeds in a separate room for safe keeping, and no one wanted to tell Killmonger

Will M'Baku fug Okoye now?

Shit, I really like that. For as much as I loved BP, one thing it did adhere to the Marvel formula a bit too much. Like, Killmonger's position as king should've had a bigger impact than it did.

I hope Klaw keeps coming back and no one know how he does it.

It also killed Black Panther's arch enemy. Stupid decision, he was better and more engaging than Killmonger.

Maybe it'll be like the comics and this guy is actually a father and his son will become "living sound" Klaw.

MBJ was too good for one movie. They really should have kept him around. Make him the Vegeta to T'Challa's Goku.

This. I was shocked that they killed him like every other villain. Why do they keep doing this shit? A good villain is as marketable as a hero.

M'Baku was so based I really hope they don't go full Man-Ape with him in the sequels. Keep him on T'Challa's side.

General rule with movies is if you show something once, you don't need to show it again (because the audience knows what's going on), unless repetition is the point.

We see M'Baku in the Thanos battle to protect Wakanda; I think something's going to happen that'll piss him off and set him up as a Black Panther 2 villain.

Maybe he feels T'Challa is letting too many of his people die to protect the others.

As someone who looked into storytelling, an overlooked rule in drama is to find ways to bring your hero as down as realistically possible before earning their win. The audience expects the hero to succeed in the end, so the writers have to suspend their disbelief as much as possible and making a character not get the victory they were expecting is a great way to do that.

Making Killmonger the king past the first movie and holding off on T'Challa's reclaim to the thrown could have been reminiscent of the empire strikes back. Maybe I expect too much but despite enjoying the film, I always try to push for more.

But it makes it the more heartbreaking to see him go full Ape. They both care deeply about their country, it's just that they have different views on what's best for the people
He's going to be pissed about T'Challa allowing the Avengers (foreigners) to take shelter and thus invite Thanos's army to seige Wakanda.

Bro do you think they care? Disney hasn't given a shit about mirroring the comics for years. The MCU prints money, they don't need too.

I don't think so, M'Baku doesn't want Wakanda to be destroyed, he wants T'challa and the Panther worshipers off the throne, I think he and his people will fight Thanos valiantly, but maybe blame T'challa for opening the border and letting it happen.

I wonder if T'Chaka just never really tried to catch him since putting him on trial would mean that he'd get the chance to blab about who his accomplice was.

That's literally what I just fucking said.

Klaw will only come back as an AI used by Screaming MiMi like Karen and Jarvis with her sonic technology .

No, you said he's going to invite Thanos/let the destruction hapen, I disagreed. Read slower.

>MBJ was too good for one movie. They really should have kept him around. Make him the Vegeta to T'Challa's Goku.
Absolutely.

The problem is that they made M'Baku WAY too fucking likable. He's literally one of BP's few recurring villains.

So why did he refuse to help T'challa at first? Is he not the King of M'Baku's tribe? Can the tribes just not follow his orders if they want?

It was explained at the beginning, M'Baku leads a tribe that broke off from Wakanda-proper, the Wakandas worship the Panther god, M'Baku and his people worship a separate god, a Gorilla.

Who rustled Wakanda's jimmies?

I believe theres a miscommunication here, I didn't imply M'Baku was going to invite Thanos, I meant Cap and company being in Wakanda bringing Thanos's army with them would piss him off.

Ah, that makes more sense. Yeah, we're in agreement then.

Same thing happened with Strucker

Man, can you imagine being a random Wakandan citizen and one day, after a bunch of white people show up, an alien invasion happens and destroys the country? I'd be livid

Klaw with his sound cannon arm was the most comic booky thing MCU ever did and its a fucking testament that not only did it work but it was the best part of the Black Panther movie

>what a waste of a villain

That might as well be the subtitle of the whole MCU.

Its perfect fuel for a Black Panther sequel. T'Challa opens his borders, allows U.N. fugitives to take refuge in his country, and they suffer major losses because of an alien invasion. It gives M'Baku plenty of support to undermine T'Challa's rule

He'll be back as a sound creature at some point. Literally the only reason to have him be played by Andy Serkis is because they'll have him be mo capped.

I'm telling you
He has the soul stone
He probably stole it the first time

That's stupid
You're stupid

love it, but MCU won't do it

unless the rumors about massive retcons due to infinity stone fuckery ends up panning out

The villain of BP2: Islam

>Klaw with his sound cannon arm was the most comic booky thing MCU ever did
Eh. There were more comic booky things in the same movie, even, like Shuri's tech.

Honestly, the most comic booky the MCU has ever felt was Thor: Ragnarok, with the way it mixed in Norse mythology, aliens, sci-fi tech, magic, and with even some modern day stuff here and there, like Skurge's assault rifles.

>That might as well be the subtitle of the whole MCU.
All of the DCEU villains are dead/destroyed, with the exception of Lex Eisenberg, who sadly still lives, and Momma's Gonna Freak.

There are at least a half dozen still-living Marvel heels. You're stupid.

Shuri was literally just black Q Branch

you could touch the moon with that reach

Name six.

So?

There's also Deathstroke, and I'm sure the government has something cooking with Doomsday's corpse

and shit there's all the suicide squad people, just one jail break and their back out doing their thing

Abomination
Justin Hammer
Thunderbolt Ross
Grandmaster
Helmut Zemo
Loki

>Shuri was literally just black Q Branch
And it was great.

It would be KLAUSOME though
I want it so bad

>Did we have to see Killmonger drink the potion and get buried
fuck you I loved that part

I feel like killing killmonger was a waste personally.

IMO it would have been better to see him live long enough to see why his thinking was flawed than to kill him while he thought he was right.

sorry should have clarified more, I didn't mind her being Black Q Branch, but it's hardly comic book shit she was peddling, just scifi magic

the only problem with that scene is his dad didn't give his blessing or confirm he's doing the right thing

Also, Steppenwolf's still alive too.

Her tech seemed way too advanced and 'out-there' for a Bond movie. Felt pretty comic booky to me.

And that's why you're not a director. If you cut out the parts that explain why characters suddenly do or don't have their powers then shit stops making sense.

If they ever even mention Abomination again I'll metaphorically suck your dick

Also: Baron Mordo (though he only goes heel in post-credits)
Vulture
Kismet
Shocker II
technically Scorpion
Likely alive:
Red Skull
Arnim Zola

he's been mentioned in AoS, one of the SHIELD facilities Hydra raided has the Abomination imprisoned there, Hydra wasn't willing to risk releasing him so they just left him there

Not helping

AoS isn't real

We already saw the ritual with T'Challa, we dont need to see the entire thing again with Killmonger. Quick cuts that imply he's doing the rituals are only needed.

According to leaks Corvus Glaive kills Vision. My suspicion is that Corvus orders the Outriders to attack Wakanda itself, provoking Wanda, not wanting to see another nation destroyed, intervenes, and Corvus and Proxima use that opening to kill Vision.