Don't you see that man is Kappa Mikey?

>Don't you see that man is Kappa Mikey?
Did Sup Forums ever like this show? I thought it was pretty neat when I was watching it 10 years ago. Shows should try to mix western and japanese animation together more often.

Theme song was fucking great. Episodes were fun, always followed the same formula per episode but it was fine.

I loved it. Finally decided to download it a few months ago and I plan to rewatch it soon.

Mitsuki > Lily

Everyone seems to both hate and love it around here. And they're right, there are consistently great AND terrible aspects of this show.

>Shows should try to mix western and japanese animation together more often.
Indeed. That's why I like OK KO so much.

My nigga

One aspect I always thought was funny was because mikey is drawn western style and the japanese characters are drawn anime style, mikey would try to imitate various anime expressions like enlarged head or eyes when angry only he can't do it.

>world war who?

The original pilot was god-like.

The correct answer.

do you have that link still?

Was good but the recently released original pilot was better.

I Always Gonard for some Reason

Was it?

>The Goku parody was voiced by Goku.
Nice.

You're not wrong and I love it... Mitsuki was always best girl.

I did watch this show, but I wasn't a fan of it, sadly. Otherwise, I can see why people did like it - it was off-the-wall crazy and not afraid to be so, either - something I respect, even if I wasn't a fan of it like some of you guys are.

I always felt like there was a missed opportunity tp do the reverse as well. Like, have Mikey get crushed and accordion out, with the other characters wondering how he survived.

I liked the WWII joke

Kappa Mikey was an underrated gem desu.

How surprisingly funny it could be had almost nothing to do with the premise of an American cartoon character moving to Japan where everyone is anime. And honestly, that's fine with me. It was just good, snappy comedy.

Theme was better than this show deserved. Not that the show was terrible, but Beat Crusaders are god tier.

>tfw there's an alternate universe where kappa mikey had the budget to higher an actual japanese studio to animate the show.
I wonder if it would have gotten more popular

Huh, that's actually a good point, I would have loved seeing Mikey do western animated stuff like that in the show. Like getting run over and literally flattened, only to pop up and be ok.

An actual collaborative effort between Japanese and American animators, with the Japanese animators focusing on the show at large while the American animators went all out focusing on Mikey, with Mikey being used to showcase American animation tropes juxtaposed against his anime-inspired setting, would have been pretty fucking based.