TMNT thread

While this is basically a tmnt general I wanted to talk with Sup Forums about how the comic has evolved since issue #50. Namely how much 03 turtles fan service we've been getting. I know we got some stuff before issue #50 (Hun, shredder pushing leo to the dark side, stockman working for an utrom) but the comic has been throwing out all the references, things like bishop, a triceraton invasion, ch'rell hype, no bebop and rocksteady, and also Krang fucking dying hopefully for good .

So how have you been liking the comics since then, are you sick of the 03 references, and also what is you're favorite turtles stuff in general

TMNT Casual Question: What issue from what series is this panel from and has it been collected in a Trad Paperback?

but 2003 was the only good thing on 4kids at the time

Don't know the answer for the first and third question but I know that it's from archie's tmnt adventures series

Oh I know the 03 series was my childhood series I'm just curious how everyone else feels about it

also don't act like the original pokemon dub isn't part of your childhood

Ok I found it.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #64, Jan 1995. It's the "Dreamland" storyline about time travel and such.

Currently, TMNT Adventures Vol. 14 collects #58–61. Since that book came out last fall, Vol. 15 should include that storyline.

The trial of Krang and dimension X was meh. I like the second crossover with the ghostbusters and yesterday I read from the heart for the hear and I like it too. Haven't caught on with the rest.

Pokemon never aired on the 4Kids block.

Really hope that if the image conclusion does well they'll finish off archie

I liked it more then you did Hakk-R, was a fun henchmen, and it was worth it just for how shocking that ending was, especially since it showed just how much IDW was hyping up ch'rell

I was talking more about the production company over all, my bad

Hakk-r wak kida cool in the main comic but he sucked in dimension x.

so how do you read the turtles as, like voice wise?

I really want them to make the forever war too.
I imagine their voice like the 4 kids cartoon.

same except raph is first movie raph and leo is tmnt leo

The whole Dunn arc was pretty boring, honestly.

But it set up the second Ghostbusters crossover, so it served a purpose. The flower out of a pot of dirt.

So far the last IDW issues are good (although there were some bad moments)

As for 2003 references: all we got is Hun, Ch'rell and Bishop. Shredder turning Leo to the dark side didn't really happen in 2003 and I don't think they were referencing "Shredder Strikes" or that one episode from BTTS. At least Hun and Bishop are portayed well, unlike in Nick cartoon.

Also I didn't see anyone discussing pic related

OH FUCK OH FUCK.

WE GETTIN AFTERLIFE CRACK BOIS

Also this

Holy shit hype!

I would agree with you but I would say cool things happened in that arc, like the turtles distancing themselves from splinter and the foot, and harold actually getting a bit of development (though he's been out of the comic for a bit too long personally)

That's not true we also got a triceraton invasion which the 2003 series did first, kurai trying to keep and gain power without the shredder which was mostly her arc in season 2 and 4, and a significant lack/removal of fred wolf characters from the series (although I wouldn't mind seeing bebop and rocksteady return)

Going to you're second topic I got the sense from issue 50 that they wanted to actually give oroku saki a redemption arc and I think that would be really fun

That also looks cool since it'll be nice to have a slower more character driven arc since we haven't really gotten one of those since before bishop showed up

>triceraton invasion which the 2003
Right, I forgot about this one. My bad.

>Kurai trying to keep and gain power without the shredder which was mostly her arc in season 2 and 4
Not sure about this one, since 2003 Karai is really different from IDW Karai

Also some news for the collectors: an expanded edition of Usagi crossover will come out in March. There might be three old crossovers in it (Turtles supo and rabbit stew, The lesson and The treaty)

that's true but she also has way more in common with her then say mirage karai, and when push comes to shove they're both loyal to the shredder to the bitter end even if it means swallowing a lot of pride and or morals

>There might be three old crossovers in it (Turtles supo and rabbit stew, The lesson and The treaty)

It'd be great if they could FINALLY reprint The Lesson. All the older Usagi collections have skipped that one because Laird drew it and not Sakai, but it's the middle section of a trilogy and important for following the development of the Usagi/Leo friendship.

Yeah and the fact that's it's really hard to find it (but there was a storytime with all three crossovers once)
I always like the relationship between Usagi and Leo