Spiders

Why is Marvel so obsessed with making more Spider-Men?

>writing peter parker (well)
hard
>writing your own oc donut steel who you set all the rules for
easy

It's a real Riddle of the Sphinx.

I kind of agree. The problem with Peter is that they want to write him as a archetype rather than a character. To wit "Parker luck".

They should start killing all those extra spider.
Stating to Gwenpool and Spider-Gwen. Thesse two should at least not exist in 616 anymore.

Next Kill Ben Reilly again and definitly. It would be great if he just revive but coming back again as jackall, being full villain and then good again? Shit. Would been even great if he remained as Jackall forever and killed Warren.

Miles shoudl have another name, Like Tarantula, or join the shield as Black Widow

Marvel wants their own Bat-Family.

This

Batfamily sells, a lot, young justice,teen titans, teen titans go are all around an batfamily member, batfamily memebers comics sell more than most superheroes

Why not?

Is his daughter and black sidekick about to give him a blowjob?

Gwenpool doesn't have spider powers.

>batfamily sells alot
No they don’t

Kill her off anyways, just to be safe.

But is Spider related. And if wasen't, would be what she is.

Spiderman is their biggest money maker. The execs want to exploit and duplicate that success as much as possible. Sadly, they have no idea what they are doing with/to him.

next question?

Spider-Gwen doesn't live in Earth-616, and turning Ben into a villain was a bad idea that I'm glad has been undone. I agree that Miles should get a new identity, though. It would've been better for the Ultimate universe to have been restored immediately after Secret Wars and for him to remains its only Spider-Man, but since he's here and not going away any time soon, he needs his own identity.

They kind of do. Or at least if you shove an ex Robin into it it tends to stay in the top 100.

>Spider-Man is popular
>Even more Spider-Men means even more popular
>Even more Spider-Men of different sexes and races means EVEN MORE POPULAR THAN EVEN MORE POPULAR
>Spider-Man is popular and Spider-Men is popular and Gwen Stacy is popular OH MY GOD, WE MAKE MOST POPULAR THING EVER IN LIFE.

I would disagree since they NEVER come together as a family.

It's simple branding, and a gimmick that's popular. I say we kill all of the spider-people off except for Peter via radioactive spider blood

I wish they thought up Miles years ago before Quesada nuked Peter's continuity. Miles should get the young spider-man stories Quesada lusted for and let Peter do new shit.

same reason they made so many wolverine characters

unoriginal hacks

>Spider-Man sells well. Therefore, we should make MORE Spider-People!

Marvel does this every few years, but never has any idea what to actually DO with any of the extras so they all end up getting killed in an event. It's been happening for decades now, and it will continue to happen for decades more.

I say let Peter's daughter succeed him. Peter is beyond old and busted

same reason they made so many wolverine characters

unoriginal hacks pandering to an unimaginative fanbase

I just wanted to come in here to say that I find that pic really cute.

> Dad, Miles fucked me in the booty!

The way I've always interpreted classic Parker luck is, Peter feels like he stays getting shafted, and yeah some things may suck at times but in the grand scheme of things there are a lot of people who would kill to be in his shoes. I mean he's super smart, attractive, well above peak human condition, gets all kinds of attractive women, gets to be a somewhat notable photographer, and he gets to be a superhero. Things like this are why I've always thought that Parker luck is best left to be something that is perceived to be there by Peter, but not actually writing him to be Murphy's Law: The Character the way some people write it.

Some writers have issues with the idea that Peter wins sometimes in his regular life. Roger Stern one of his best said it's best to balance it so that readers don't assume the ending out of hand and it drags down.

Yes

Does that mean it's Peter turn to do the same to Miles?

Yes

Because Stan Lee always had Pete saying jokes along the lines of "us economy sized Spider-men blah blah blah traveling salesman humor"

This could be our Batman / Robin / Batgirl team dynamic but Nooo that would be too entertaining for Marvel

Pete legitimately did have nothing but bad luck until Romita became the artist and Stan took more control of the story

>spider titles have sold like shit with the exception of asm and miles

This is what I don't get. How come Spider-Man can't prop up a book like Batman does just being associated with it? Even Wolverine kind of has that effect.

I'm also surprised most events revolve around Peter.

>I'm also surprised most events don't revolve around Peter.

That's what I meant.

>Mayday

It still hurts

Relatively, comparing Ditko era to Romita era, sure, but in Ditko era he still had his mind, his powers, and some degree of notoriety even if his social life was a complete wreck. He also had a roof over his head and a loving mother figure which is more still than some people can ask for, though that is a mite more obtuse than the other stuff we're talking about.

No she's not.

Why does DC try to make so many Batmen

ahahahahahaha, you naive casualfag.
she just shares her first name with Gwen. Are Beast and Ant Man related? Or Spider-man and StarLord?

Cause unless you're 616 Jessica Drew it is IMPOSSIBLE to design a shitty spider costume.

Hopeless was a mistake

because the bat family got so big and a bunch of really stupid fans who miss the point of everything feed into that.

dont get me wrong,i love kaine and I kinda love ben, but that's it. just like dick and babs is all anyone needs.

>How come Spider-Man can't prop up a book like Batman does just being associated with it?

Spidey doesnt lend himself to those kinds of stories

It's called the Batfamily because we saw "most" of those characters grow for years under a Batman before getting their own book or becoming popular in their own right.
Miles rarely shows up in any of Peter's books, same goes with Jessica, Julia, Miguel, Anya, Alt-Gwen, and Cindy. Might as well be called the Amazing Spider-Associates.

They want ro be seen as on the right side of history especially for some of their racists comics in the 60s.
Then the writers got too big of heads and fucled things up, then the suits got in and said "what is in is the SJW crowd" only to find out that was a dead end.
But in the end its corporate feminism. Where its a system that relies on making people into victims.

>Might as well be called the Amazing Spider-Associates.
Or Spider-man and his Amazing Friends

I want a spider-man story where Peter is sent to hell prematurely as a result of his deal with mephisto

>miles impregnant mayday
>Uncle ben suddenly come back as a ghost and tells peter that he fails him

The right question is
How many Batmans will it take before comics dies entirely?

>Miles can impregnate people with anal

This sounds like the kind of bullshit new power Bendis would give him.

They're called Spider-Mans

Does that mayday have to eat miles?

These days Parker luck seems more that he can't run down to the bodega to get a quart of milk without encountering a supervillian.
That, and no one ever appreciating Spider-Man, but not having any problems with anyone else who wears his symbol.

>You will never have a universe where miles and Mayday are the same age.
>You will never have Mayday be angry at Pete for training Miles and not her
>You will never have Peter purposely being overprotective and grounding Mayday
>You will never have Mayday sneaking out anyway and teaming up with Miles in late night patrols
>You will never have Mayday taste that BBC
>You will never have Peter load a shotgun when he finds out about May and Miles
Why even live.

Because Spider____ sells and gets noticed.
Same way Bat____ sells and gets noticed.

In the 00s there was a magazine article about Batwoman because "Holy cow they've got a homosexual superhero! That's surprising!" and in a DC Comics documentary, their content creators remark how long before Batwoman lesbian characters existed, including Renee who was in the same comic as Batwoman. It was just nobody in noncomic medias gave it a glance until it was Bat___.

>You will never have Mayday taste that BBC

cucks pls go

I can live without that, thanks. Peter's metaphorically sucked Miles' cock enough. We don't need his daughter to do it literally.

I don't think 616 peter praise miles. He like his costume, but he was ready blast on miles for being so incompetent in spidermen.

If one spider-man sells well, then more spider-men will sell even better! No way this plan could ever backfire!

Also this way we dont have to worry about using the "What else we can do with this character!?" excuse for no-talent hack writers with no ideas or creativity!