Would you rather be a superhero in a post apocalypse setting, a cyberpunk setting, a high fantasy setting...

Would you rather be a superhero in a post apocalypse setting, a cyberpunk setting, a high fantasy setting, or a space opera setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
youtube.com/watch?v=qO6LWQhvzRw
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Pathogen_Manipulation
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Space opera a la Prophet

I take the power of Dimension Hopping and can be a hero in all four :^)

>tfw it would be easiest to gain powers in high fantasy and can be comfy in a country full of cathedrals and stuff
>tfw Sci-fi has so much exploration and things to do though but there are probably tons of things out to kill you and your super powers might be inferior compared to some almighty ayy with telekinesis powerful enough to compress a planet into the size of walnut with his mind.

Interesting question.

Post apocalypse is too depressing so that's a no-go.
Same for cyberpunk (although you could argue that, for all intents and purposes we already live in a cyberpunk world, just without some of the cool window dressing).
The high fantasy setting would probably have the greatest potential for glory (and wenches) so that would be pretty cool.
But the space opera setting would proably have toilet paper, so I'd probably go with that one.

I'd settle for street level super in cyberpunk.

Post apocalyptic makes no sense to me, what am I gonna save, everything is already fucked.

Help the settlements in danger, general.

No, at that point I would just go full warlord, ESPECIALLY if I had super powers.

It's between high fantasy and space opera. Post apocalypse is fun to watch, but I wouldn't actually want to live with that. Cyberpunk is too close to modern day. I'd love living in the Slayers world so I'll go with high fantasy. Though a combination of space opera and fantasy would be cool too, I wouldn't mind the Phantasy Star setting.

space opera, no contest,hae your ship travel trought the beatifull space and bang some cute alien waifus, maybe hunt great alien animals on the weekends,man, what a life

Depends.
Never Post Apocalypse since that implies it's really shit.
Cyberpunk it depends if it's the shitty dirty kind or the super sleek sterile kind, and how much my life is ruled by the corporo-government.
High Fantasy depends on how High the Fantasy is, I'd rather not have to toil around like a typical Medieval schmuck during the periods I'm not being raped by dragons or taunted by elves.
Space Opera might be cool, if it's not the stuffy kind where it's pompous douchebags in space 90% of the time with some laser battles.

>super hero
>in cyberpunk

How is being a hero in an speca opera setting different than being a space hero in Marvel or DC?
L.E.G.I.O.N. Legion os Super Heroes, Green Lanterns outside of Earth, Darkstars, Nova Corps, Silver Surfer, the cool times the X-Men got to go to space, the Kree-Skrull war.

Superheroes don't really work in a high fantasy setting unless you're using a very loose definition of superhero.

>Post apocalypse is too depressing so that's a no-go.
Go for a comfy post-post-apoc series about the last superhero who over the years has slowly grown obsolete with the rise of organized communities and restoration of government making the world increasingly safer from bandits and warlords.

A space opera setting would probably be best, because you'd be able to find planets with all the other settings anyway.

Space Opera because the others would come with that

Can I choose an urban fantasy setting instead?

uran fantaasy setting superheroe sound cool, like a vigilante in eberron

I'm currently writing a RPG book/setting set in a tropical cyberpunk where the main characters are "Stalkers" - Beings that transcended their humanity, earning the right to call themselves supers. The main hook of the game is that each player ideal of justice, of "being a hero" is open to interpretation as cyberpunk conspiracies unravel all around them. Feel free to deposit suggestions to superheroes in cyberpunk settings, even comic recs and the like, I am completely open, since this is contract work and the publisher only told me "cyberpunk but with superheroes, here's a bag of money, finish this shit in a year".

One. Eberron is not urban fantasy. Urban Fantasy is any setting which happensin something close to our world. Eberron is High Fantasy.
Two. Superheroes is basically Urban Fantasy anyway but with a broken masquerade.

why tropical though?like in cyberpunk jamaica?

Central/South America
Think the neon slums, add even more fucking slums, some Palm Trees, sexy women, ultra violent shit, etc.

It's Big trouble in Little Haiti the cyberpunk super hero experience, or so it was pitched to me.

so cyberpunk brazil?i live in argentina and we dont have tropical climate here, not in the central and south region at least,so i would say you should probably stop in brazil, north chile is mostly dessert and i have no idea how uruguay is, but there is definty a lot of jungle in paraguay, i have been there, is horrible wet

A space opera high fantasy setting. Various high fantasy races such as humans elves, fairies, dwarfs, giants, orcs, goblins, lycans, beastmen, angels, demons and etc are would exist. Each of these races have their own planet. Each of the races have a special existence called a Hero. Only 1 Hero can exist at a time per race. If the current Hero dies, a new one will be born among the babies that were born after the Hero's death. The Hero is the most powerful individual within their race and the most skilled mecha pilot. Nearly everything is technomagic based ranging from home appliances to military spaceships and mecha.

The conflict would be the 2 major threat that threaten the existence of everything thing that exist. The first threat is a rogue AI from a forgotten alien civilization that destroyed all organic life within its native galaxy and acquired the power and resources of an entire galaxy. Its current objective is to eliminate all organic life in the universe. The second major threat are the giant space kaijus from another universe that entered our universe through a dimensional hole within our universe. The giant space kaijus consumed everything in its path within the galaxy with the dimensional hole resulting in a dead galaxy infested with giant space kaijus. The objective of the giant space kaijus are to expand across the universe, find food and reproduce.

In order to keep these 2 major threats contained, the various races joined forces and quarantined the 2 galaxies and closely monitor it. The elite soldiers are task with killing any that managed to escape quarantine. The Heroes are tasked with journeying into the heart of the 2 galaxies and eliminate the threat. Rogue AI's galaxy would be the elimination of the Rogue AI. Giant space kaiju's universe would be closing the dimensional hole and then eliminating all the giant space kaijus.

you should play starfinder i think you would like it

Actually, you got it, it's mostly Brazil-like, as in, it's an inspiration. It's a made up place for a super hero cyberpunk mash up.

Screw being a hero just drop me in some wasteland so I can rape and pillage

How superhero are we talking?
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random

Don't have anyone to play it with.

Megaten user is that you again

im sorry man,maybe you coud join a local tabletop rol club or comunity, sometimes you find nice people there,i made some good friends in mine

Post-Apocalyptic is the best, you twinks.
youtube.com/watch?v=qO6LWQhvzRw

>high fantasy

Assuming you mean mideval magic and shit I choose that. Maybe in the Victorian era in which I'd have flying brick powers.

>Post apocalyptic makes no sense to me, what am I gonna save, everything is already fucked.
You can always rebuild.

That assuming desertification didn't severely affected the host planet.

You have superpowers, right? You'll work something out.

If it has fantasy stuff like SMT maybe. You could fight with demons and attempt remaking the world how you want it, that's cool. If it's like The Road, fuck that.

You win

Did you ask /tg/? They're very helpful when it comes to this kind of question.

Maybe. I do like MegaTen.

space opera

Post apocalypse setting. Roll for power powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
>powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Pathogen_Manipulation
lol

I'd like a run ala Obsidian Age League. Maybe even have them stuck in the future aswell. Hjinks ensure.