Trollhunters

Why does this show seem to be so little talked about? It seems like the perfect show for an Internet fandom.

I couldn't even sit through the first episode, I can't remember why, also the human characters are ugly.

The VA for Jim passed away.

Unless you can endlessly talk about shipping like Voltron, nobody cares enough about Netflix shows to talk about them.

Because it a children’s show like a child child show with little to no adult humour. It’s boring. Also the main chick (Claire?)is one of the worst cases of Mary Sue I have ever seen. The only reason why it doesn’t actively piss me off is cause I remember it’s a kid’s show and the small girls that watch probably think this main chick is really awesome and cool so it’s because like a role model for them.

Netflix shows are barely discussed unless it's Voltron or Bojack.

As for myself, the first season was really boring for the most part. I enjoyed the second season a lot more, but due to the long wait and the weak first season, I wouldn't be surprised if it killed off interest.

Because Guillermo del Toro is aTrump-hating SJW when it aired. Alex Hirsch at least didn't show his colors when GF came out.

This; I finished the first season, but it was a bit of a slog.

It's a solidly-executed show without a particularly original premise or noteworthy cleverness in its storytelling. It isn't ground breaking, nor is it a bad show we can have fun slagging on.

There's also the issue of Netflix's dumping release style. You don't get episode by episode talk back and speculation threads.

At the very least, season two had more of best girl Mary.

>S2 ends with giant cliffhanger
>S3 most probably never

S3 will be last season, after it another show called 3below will start

I wish Jack Darby - excuse me, "Jim Lake Jr." - would have had a bit more fun with the possibilities of the alternate-timeline episode.

>"Sorry, Mr. Strickler, but I don't want you to meet my mom. I'm afraid your intentions might be- impure."

They do already have a replacement voice actor for Jim.
Del Toro also said to expect Part 3 a lot sooner than you'd think.
So, probably less than the entire year it took between Parts 1 and 2 so that 3Below can start after it in the winter.

I can only assume the Gunmar arc will conclude in Trollhunters, while Morgana will just remain at large to play a role in Wizards, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how aliens fit in at all.
Unless the twist ending is Morgana is actually an alien, 3Below seems like an entirely unrelated side story.

>Netflix shows are barely discussed unless it's Voltron or Bojack.
I still dont get how people dont get this, yet this thread happens more than it should

>As for myself, the first season was really boring for the most part. I enjoyed the second season a lot more, but due to the long wait and the weak first season, I wouldn't be surprised if it killed off interest.
It felt so by the the book to me at first so glad it changed some cliches around.

Because people here either hate so much they don't even want to shitpost about the show, or they just love it and there's a consensus about anything debatable in the show, so no need to talk about it. I guess.

It’s terrible and an insult to my intelligence with its subpar plot and basic characters. Pic related is proof that I tried to gave it a chance. Literally only reason I even went that far is because of Stickler but couldn’t take it any more

It's hard to discuss a show that comes out with all the episodes at once. It's easier to talk about shows that release one episode a week, that way everyone's on the same page and can discuss and speculate where the show is going. It's a shame because I actually really like this show.

How the hell was dictatus able to stay out of the sun when he's blind?

GF?

The political stuff was pretty hollow. Del Toro knocks Trump then suddenly his Abe Sapien/Liz crack ship screenplay gets awards.

I wanted to like Strickler, but his “redemption” arc feels so unearned. It felt like it happened because it tends to happen to characters like him, rather than as a natural progression.

I was hoping we'd get a Starscream character but instead we got a "redemption fueled by love" arc and god, I hate those.

It's not really that good. It's got potential but so far it really feels like it's squandered it.

the main girl has such an unfitting/annoying voice that it really makes it hard for me to care about the show. just like how some of the voices in How to train your Dragon almost ruined it for me as well

He was hit with an artifact related to light, maybe its that.

It's a fine show, just doesn't have much staying power for discussion.

The show is dropped by season, so there's no room for episode by episode speculation and discussion.

The Romance is rather straightforward and by the book, and with an already established set of characters so there's not much room for "shipping."

The Voice Actor of the main character died, it's overall pretty generic (especially for the beginning) that even though it does the story well, it's a "chosen one" deal with someone still in school that it's not something most haven't seen like at least a dozen times with other shows.

The animation is commendable, but not spectacular.

The interactions with Strickler were a highlight.

Sure, we can speculate on the spin-offs and sequels but the space between is too long.

And that's sad because Anthony Yelchin was awesome.

I like it, I found it to be mindless fun. With that being said you can't really discuss a show that has all of it's episodes come out at once.

>Every monster is either a troll or a variation of a troll
>No other norse monsters

>a Mexican hating a leader of a neighbouring country who badmouths / generalizes the whole lot of his countrymen
Sounds kinda expected, dont'cha think?

I hated that they cheapened out and brought Arrrrgh back. His death was genuinely shocking and moving, and they just undid that for no good reason.

See I wasn't even that far. Where I left off (working with Angor Roth) he was still very much a villain. I discontinued watching it for the simple reason that it bored me.

Yeah. I do agree. I am sure they will not bring Vendell at least.

I mean, I heart literally everything Del Toro puts his stamp on but this?

This (and the novel it's based on) sucks.

This is where they lost me. This, and a lot of dumb humor. It's a cheap kid's show through and through, despite any promise it showed.

It's just ok. Not bad nor good enough to have a prominent fandom or hatedom.

>trollhunters

But it's his personal passion project!

He’s Spanish.

Spaniards are white people who forces the Mexicans to take 95% of Spanish culture.

Del Toro is just doing what the entire rest of the successful western world has been doing for 56 straight years and mocking Trump.

I like it. Im mostly in it though to see how the powers grow, watch Jim's new henshin, and see what pepperjack and 80's jock do.

No he isn't, he is mexican born of mexican parents, he studied on mexico and his style is clearly inspired on mexican directors like Luis Buñuel.

yeah it literally takes like six episodes to get good