This is going to suck, right?

This is going to suck, right?

It can't possibly be worse than her current comics. If anything, it will be an improvement

We just went through this with Black Panther, wait for the trailer.

Yes, the source material isn't as concrete, but I think until we see actual motion and all that, then we can make the call.

Probably but it's a Marvel movie so worst things worst, people will pretend it's okay.

Literally anything of any interest or noteworthiness for Carol they absolutely will not use or reference in the movie. It will likely only have the most bare threads of anything comic related .

No, it's going to be great.

Isn't that a good thing? We're already on the right track considering they gave Carol a non dyke haircut. I think one of the best things about this movie is getting The Skrulls

It's going to be similar to Thor 2 in the worst case scenario
It'll be like a really bizarre mix between Earth and Cosmic shit with characters nobody particularly care about
Best case scenario is a Guardians-like movie, but that shit is starting to become repetitive

The fucked up her costume.

MCU films have three types of character:
The quipmaster manchild, as seen by Ironman, Antman, Star Lord, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange and Thor Ragnarok.
The honorable and dignified warrior, as seen in Nick Fury, Captain America and Black Panther.
The sassy girl who's often a ninja, as seen in Black Widow, Hope Pym, Scarlet Witch and Agent 13.

So which one will Carol be? The sassy girl seems the most likely because she is a girl, but those characters only work because they're bouncing off a male lead. They're the side character as best.
Dignified warrior maybe? The MCU needs more of those, and it'd work better than being a quipmaster since women aren't funny

You talking about the set photos? Because that's not her final costume. Its green because it's a Kree military uniform.

>Long hair
Already ruined

Her costume looks terrible and her face is too ugly to salvage the look.
Awful

Why couldn’t they get someone who looks hot?
It’s not like people pick actresses for their talent.

Might have a forehead on her, but Skull Island prominently featured her tits

Not big enough.

Who cares. When does she fight the heroes and go full Hitler only to be told that she was totally right and in the good because she a strong woman who don't need no man.

In Avengers: Soyboy War.

Surely
>Thor
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Ant Man
>Dr Strange
Captain Marvel will be the MCU movie that finally fails!

All of those movies were failures though.

Me and my girlfriend aren't going to see it. So I don't really care.

We also skipped Spider-Man

yeah they failed so hard that Marvel made sequels to all of them, Marvel doesn't care if you don't like them so like as they make hundreds of millions

So you think they'll give her goggles or a full helmet when she flies? I'm personally hoping for goggles, like Falcon's, because its like her old domino mask

That's what people said about the black panther.

So long as this leads to her getting a non retarded haircut in the comics again and condemns the stupid dyke cut to a shallow grave I count the movie as a good thing no matter what it's like

Failure would be a huge upset. More likely that without the first female superhero novelty going for it and the return to what looks more like the cookie-cutter Marvel mold of films it isn't going be received as warmly or praised as high. That's not getting into the fact that people have been asking for a BW movie for years, Carol isn't a big name nor has an easily marketable hook, and the film is a prequel largely detached from everything. I'd wager the prevailing sentiment will be "Good, but a letdown after Black Panther."

Literally anything is better than the comic that spawned her right now. So no, it's not going to suck, but it will be painfully average. Boiler plate; mediocre, run of the mill, vanilla etc.

And look what happened to that.

Its MCU. The worst it could go is mediocre, passable and forgettable. Say anything about the Marvel movies but virtually none of them are outright terrible.

I know it was too much to ask but I wish they would've gone with Mar-Vell

I hyped because a Capitan Marvel movies means we’re one step closer to ultimate kino.

No. Based Marvel will do it again.

FPBP

>So which one will Carol be?
Option 4. Carol Of Murder.

Remember, her antagonist for this film isn't one person, but the ENTIRE race of aliens. This means she gets to kill multiples of them.

He's in it played by Jude Law.

It would be unbridled kino if they go with her bit of good characterisation from the comics that she has a barely suppressed sadistic side.

All the MCU heroes are goody-two-shoes, even the career criminal ones, and it'd actually be original to have a flawed character who should really be an anti-hero trying to be a proper all-American hero.

But that'd involve a woman not being perfect which is highly illegal in 2018 never mind wherever we'll be in 2019.

It's up in the air, really. The actress playing her is a pretty annoying feminist cunt, so keeping her away from any story or dialogue decisions would be a good first step.

Embrace the Skrulls and the Cosmic elements and don't beat your audience over the head with "girl power" and it'll be fine.

it'll probably be entirely average, like almost every other Marvel movie

This is nowhere near the same as BP. BP always had a simple, solid mythos behind him that can be easily converted to a movie. The problem was that no one really gave a fuck about him, which worked to his advantage, just like Iron Man and Cap before him.

Carol on the other hand? She is actively hated, and for good reason. Her personality is awful and completely unmarketable, her mythos is both convoluted and extremely stupid, and Marvel pushes her like it's fucking Summerslam despite her being a villain in all but name.

It will make people understand how bad WW actually was

That ass

BP was bad movie.

;_;

no im sure it will make them millions n bwillwionz uf dlllrrzzxmnklrgmvkl;,a',cf;' blah blah blah

White people said the same thing about Black Panther

I hope she's a snarky cunt from beginning to end.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Sitting on the African visuals and music that gave the illusion of freshness in the cape genre for as long as they did until their hand was forced when WW made it too awkwardly obvious that all the MCU headliners were white men was an undeniably brilliant business move and corporate use of art.

What ass?

>Disney is going to fuck up their first female hero, right?

The ostentatious orthoclase orbs of these haters.

This one Dunno what he's getting excited about, looks like a pretty standard cute white butt.

Yes, like every cape movie made by Diseny. Iron Man is the only good MCU movie,

There's hardly an ass there user

Sup Forums has the shittiest opinions and there's no point in ever taking them seriously

BP is nothing more than the same reuse plot if every solo marvel movie, is not extremelly good but is not bad and the corporation only had to overhype activist and such to make a big deal out of the movie

>android blinking

Inironically revealed as the worst MCU.

If there's a god it will.

Unfortunately its a Marvel movie so it'll have droves of people flocking to it no matter what, Black Panther was well established in Civil War so his movie had that going for him, plus despite there being black superhero movies before that was a "momentous" event for the black community, and Wonder Woman is the most renowned super heroine in history so that helped her, but nuCarol will be all on her with nothing but a possible post-credit teaser in Infinity War and Disney's word of mouth.

And honestly this baggy as costume isn't a good sign.

>BP is nothing more than the same reuse plot if every solo marvel movie

Objectively false.

They failed so hard they made millions and received relatively good reviews.

Marvel doesn't want to do an amazing mindblowing cinema that will change everything forever (which is what DC is constantly trying, and failing).
Marvel is perfectly fine with making fun popcorn three-act-formula flicks that will make them a truckload of money. And that's exactly what Captain Marvel is gonna be.

In first act, our hero will acquire powers, and we set up the villain. In second act, the villain's plan will somehow throw the hero out of balance, setting up some personal conflict they will need to overcome. Hero (heroes) does that and regain their footing, and in act 3 we get a giant bombastic CGI slugfest that cost like 50% of movie's budget where the hero punches the villain in the face really, really hard.

Happy end, after credits scene, stay tuned for sequels.

That's how all of them work since Avengers, and that's how this one will work, too.

Look at the Amazing Rando here, predicting the future. Tell me my future, you massive fucking faggot.

How hard would it have been for them to spring for an attractive woman?

She looks like a below average cosplayer.

Oh, and the movie will be 2h 20 minutes long (give or take a couple minutes because of differences in edits) and first act will last almost exactly 35 minutes, second act will last 70 minutes so between 0:35 to 1:45, and third act last 35 minutes.

Also I forgot obligatory twist at halfway point in middle of second act - at 1:10 there will be a reveal of a new twist in the villain's plan that will make them more powerful, and make it seem like they're about to win - but heroes will perserve nonetheless.

If you don't believe me, feel free to watch e.g. Avengers, Winer Soldier, Age of Ultron, Thor:Ragnarok or Civil War - and scroll to these specific timestamps I've given. They will be only a couple minutes off (again, differences arise from editing of the movie, but they're written and directed almost the same).

You do realize that actors are rated on their ability to well, act? Right?

Also Brie Larson is attractive (pic related), you idiot.
They are INTENTIONALLY putting her in no/minimal makeup to make her look more like a tired/'realistic' superhero.
I think they also are having her wear a sports bra (for the same reason - real superhero would wear one) because it seems she's at least a cup size smaller in promotional materials than she is in real life.

Fucking virgins on this site never saw a woman without makeup, I swear to fuck.

How stupid are you?

>She's actively hated
Yeah, in here. The same place that has "storytime of pain" whenever a new Jane Thor issue comes out, despite selling much better than the previous Thor run from the same author that had the original Odinson.
It's dumb really, extrapolating your particular dislike for the character unto everyone else. I admit her current run is mediocre despite the great art and certainly don't care for what they did to her in CWII, but she had some interesting arcs during the KSD run and Butters/Fazekas. That and of course Ultimates, but then no one read that despite being some of the greatest of recent Marvel.

And yes I am a big fan of hers, what I'm not is a dumb shipper, though. It's why I think there's plenty of potential for her to be a hit with her current backstory, even more considering the heavy cast and characters they're using. No way they're going to skim on details after Black Panther and Wonder Woman.

You know she's not going to fuck you, right?

Literally wrong

There are prettier woman that can act better than her, so your entire argument doesn't even work.

But do they look the part? Because that's important too. Besides even though it's not an objective measure by any means, she has an Oscar. That alone puts her ahead in any casting role, no way they'll pass on her if she's available just so a minor but "better actress" gets the role in a big blockbuster.

>she has an Oscar.
And now you just lost the argument.

What? She's not doing an independent movie, she's in a blockbuster, and that thing matters when selling a movie. Pretending that it doesn't is lying to yourself.

>the absolute state of the Alt-White Male
HAHAHA!

Why did you think that when all we have is a few press release statements and like three pre-production photos? Seems like you want it to suck.

Imagine caring this much about hair, and also being anti-gay.
user, I have some news for you...

Brie Larson is cute as hell, except for the fungi toe.

This has to be satire. This one can't be real. I know the guy is notoriously a fucking idiot but I have to maintain some amount of grounded realism that he doesn't actually think this.

Do you mean it has a three act structure? Or it's based on the heroes journey? You may want to look at all of film ever.

Kelly IS satire of the Been Garrison type cartoons, user. How do you not know this?
And yes that's what I've noticed, so far the casting seems solid (DeWanda Wise as possibly Spectrum, Gemma Chan as Minn-Erva, Jude Law as Mar-Vell) and yet people here want to bitch despite clearly taking the cosmic route instead of the grounded girl power stuff.

The standards for female MCU roles are pretty low nowadays. If you're well-known and in the possession of a vagina, you're perfect.

What does being anti-gay have to do with a stupid dyke haircut?
Wait, do you associate "stupid dyke" with lesbians?
Wow, I mean, wow, stop being such a bigot
It's the current fucking year

>I know the guy is notoriously a fucking idiot
No, he's doing a bit like on the old Colbert Report. All of his stuff is like this.

If that were true people like Megan Fox wouldn't get roles, and I wouldn't have to deal with Bendy Cabbagepatch being in fucking everything.

It is satire, the artist is very obviously a a leftie.

Sales aren't indicative of quality.
Other than that, I agree with you.

If she needs makeup to look attractive, then she isn't. Plenty of women look good without makeup, she doesn't.

>Kelly IS satire
Because my faith in humanity is so low that someone intentionally making mistakes is not outside my perception of normal.

>yet people here want to bitch
>yet
I'm pretty sure this is the very reason they're so desperate, user. Don't you remember "Spider-Flop"? Or how they kept moving the goal posts with Panther ( "will fail!", "first weekend is just about marketing!," "foreigner's won't watch a movie that has a nigger in the lead!" )

user... You're gay.

Sales aren't a guarantee of quality, but they are indicative.

My only big disappointment SO FAR is how Jude Law as Mar-Vell is to die in the movie probably. Thanos considers Mar-Vell as his greatest opponent of all time and now the movies may never have any of their battles on display.

>I have literally never woken up next to a woman
And, for their sakes, I hope you never will.

Pretty much, when the suit was revealed a bunch of people were like FLIP OF THE YEAR, FOREVER RUINED, to the point that Feige had to come out and say "it's not even the final costume", something that must have been obvious to anyone who has followed the Comic Con movie scoop.

My 8yr old daughter would contest that. I don't even get why you have this perspective, I know full well that some women without makeup are beautiful. She is not one of them.

Some women really do look great without make-up.

>Thanos considers Mar-Vell as his greatest opponent of all time
Literally what? Not Warlock? Or even Magus? Hell, The Ultimates kick the shit out of him and had him on lockdown if it were for telepathy bullshitm and a powerhouse like Anti-Man being there.

That user is just talking out his ass. During the storyline where Thanos was introduced he recognised Mar-Vell and fucking Iron Man as "worthy opponents" but he sure as hell hasn't given them much thought since. Except during Death of Captain Marvel, but I don't know if that was really Thanos or just a hallucination.
Warlock is hardly a great opponent, they're more like frienemies.

That user is somewhat correct as in Mar-Vell and Thanos were the best friends and enemies, and after all it's Thanos who gives him the last fight before Death takes him. But I think Adam is unambiguously an enemy of his, and his most obvious opponent in Infinity Gauntlet.
>The Ultimates kicked the shit out of him
To be fair, they are overpowered as hell.

Nevermind I was confusing them whoops , I just remembered the Magus saga, and Adam definitely ran with Thanos for a while. Such a Starlin fan I am...

>To be fair, they are overpowered as hell.
Yeah that's what made them so fun. The first 4-6 issues, before the budget slashes, were done of my favorite comics running at the time. Every page was beautiful, the paneling was engaging, the story was solid, and the conflicts were genuine. I'm unironically sad that it flopped.

You're thinking of the other one