What marvel or dc runs/events will be iconic iyo for the 2010s? Like what Civil War, DnA Marvel Cosmic, Brubaker Cap...

What marvel or dc runs/events will be iconic iyo for the 2010s? Like what Civil War, DnA Marvel Cosmic, Brubaker Cap, Morrison X-Men, Bendis Daredevil/Spiderman, etc were for Marvel in 2000s?

Probably doomsday clock and batman white knight

For DC : Snyder's Batman, Johns' JL, and Rebirth as a whole.
For Marvel : Captain Marvel, Miss Marvel and all the progressive new heroes.
Note that iconic doesn't mean good.

>Civil War
No shit.

Marvels a tough one since they've sucked hard through most of this but maybe Spider-Verse, Death of Wolverine, Original Sin, and these are just events can't say much for solo's.

OP said "iconic", not "endemic".

Would Waid's Daredevil count as a good one from Marvel?

Marvel was good until secret wars, so they will have some runs. DC has been shit since infinite crisis, with very few good runs.

Ennis' Fury and Punisher are already cult classics.

To that level? Probably nothing. I can see Prieststroke being talked about in the same way that Kelly's Deadpool is (i.e. cult following, being among the first things people recommend if someone asks "what Deathstroke stories should I read").

But there's really nothing at either company that stands out enough to have it go down as an all-time classic. The only thing from Marvel I see standing up as a true classic is going to be Gillen's Journey Into Mystery, a lot of other things like AvX, Civil War II, Battle for the Atom and such will be held up for the wrong reasons.

In all honesty the 2010s has been a very shitty time period overall for the Big Two at least in terms of good books. It's been far shittier than the '90s ever were.

>Marvel was good until secret wars
I think you missed the 2011-2015 period

Well yeah, the only decent thing OP listed was DnA cosmic. I wonder if the X-Men Messiah trilogy fits in the 2000s.

DnA Cosmic Marvel was the second worst thing OP listed.

I'd be curious about which of those you'd consider the worse, then.

Civil war

Waid's DD, Fraction's Hawkguy, King's The Visions. I guess events get held in the spoltight more so.

Vision, Aaron Thor, Said DD, X-Men Legacy, Journey Into Mystery, Hawkguy

I mean, if we get lucky enough, Duggan's cosmic run could end up being good/well regarded enough to be remembered.

Lol

For DC, it would be Rebirth with Superman and Supersons being the most remembered. New Superman and Deathstroke would be the cult comic runs most referenced. For Marvel, Whor and America will be the runs most remembered. Shills will claim Whor was the best Thor comics ever and America will be the permanent black mark on this era that no one in comics will ever let Marvel forget. Some may try to shill Miles every now and then but he'll probably turn into a footnote sooner than later after they change his name from Spiderman.

Impossible to know until the people reading comics now become older. You never know what people are going to latch on to.

Everyone agreed for years that the Clone Saga was unadulterated shit but even that has people who consider it a classic and demanded it gets reprinted.

Hickman F4.

>You never know what people are going to latch on to
Except even when I started reading in 2009 Civil War was considered a must read, and Bru's cap was already iconic. I've been out of the Marvel game for a while now, but I can't think of anything from the past 5 years that has that same level of hype.

>Except even when I started reading in 2009 Civil War was considered a must read
LOL wut, I thought it was almost unanimously considered shit except for casual who never read it. Even Marvel marketed it as "controversial" forever, not good or anything.

>I thought it was almost unanimously considered shit except for casual who never read it
Why do you think he prefaced it with
>when I started reading in 2009

Hickman's Avengers and Remender's uncanny X-force had the same hype.

Notice I said "must read" for one and "instant classic" for the other? Civil War was always considered a big deal, even if it was shit.

>Hickvengers
Maybe. I didn't feel like any of the events of that era reached the level of Civil War or Secret Invasion in terms of omnipresence. Secret Wars may be remembered like that, but I feel like that gets hampered by the fact that it's got the same name as an old event.

>Uncanny X-Force
Honestly I forgot about that one, but you're right - it was huge at the time.

Hickvengers ended up being pretty intrusive. Uncanny X-Force was decent (unlike it), but affected less books. It's a Marvel house trend.

>Hickvengers ended up being pretty intrusive
Which was a shame, because he didn't plan for it to be. Infinity was just supposed to be an Avengers/NA crossover, and Secret Wars he basically wanted to be stand alone-ish.

Superior Foes of Spider-Man

DC:
Snyder's Batman (most successful of the New 52 launches)
Johns and Lee's first arc of Justice League (first major launch of New 52)
Multiversity (people may go back to this to refer to the different stylings)
DCU Rebirth (gave DC a successful boost and brought in Watchmen)
Doomsday Clock (DCU/Watchmen crossover)
Azzarello's Wonder Woman?
Superman Rebirth-era with Super Sons

Marvel:
Hawkeye by Fraction and Aja
Ms Marvel by Wilson
Superior Spider-Man by Slott
Secret Wars by Hickman and Ribic (this is the only Marvel summer event in the 10's that felt big)
Maybe Aaron's Thor
Secret Empire and its lead-ups (because people are gonna look back and see this as the point when Marvel fell hard; I guess this would be iconic in the way Clone Saga is iconic)
Vision by Tom King
Daredevil by Waid, Rivera, Martin, Samnee, etc

I think the only things I liked from this list were Multiversity, Ms. Marvel, maybe Hawkeye and Vision, Superman Rebirth, some of Snyder's Batman, some of Waid's Daredevil, some of DCU Rebirth. There's some things that I enjoy but I don't know if they'll become iconic or not (Priest's Deathstroke, New Super-Man, Batman: Creature of the Night) but I gotta say this decade looks weak compared to the 90's like suggests.