we get it, dimitri's a spectral, we've known that for years

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iFTMEOpmJT4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQUxpQHY4eQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RLt65JxNsWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

what's with all the niggers?

>Dimitri He's smarter and cooler than everyone else in the club.
Way to go Zach. Anyway that's one rapey looking Hijack.

>This chapter's been going on for three years now
>Maybe I should start wrapping things up?
>Nah, more subplots.
Fuck off, Zack.

I don't really think Hijack values his life so little that he's willing to get killed just to raise the self esteem of these kids and also attempt to teach Spender a lesson, mainly because that sounds really stupid, but I'm not really sure what else he's planning.

Wait, PJ casts a shadow?

Oh damn, I did't know Zack got accepted at CalArts.

This subplot already existed though, it was heavily implied that Dmitri was a former member of the Activity Club.

Also, Isaac's facial expression lends credence to the idea that he severely injured Dmitri or did -something- that he blames himself for making Dmitri leave the club.

>This subplot already existed though, it was heavily implied that Dmitri was a former member of the Activity Club.
The point is that now was a terrible time to re-introduce it to the story.

Eh, Dmitri is probably an orange spectral, and Hijack is an orange spirit, so I don't know, while Dmitri is a bit early I wouldn't say it's an outright terrible time.

Isn't Dimitri already possessed? He did some fuckery with his hand during Hitball.

Wrong comic!

Also the Activity Club is very lucky that Hijack is too busy sorting through all the anime he watched to piece together the right moral philosophy, or all he'd need to do is head somewhere there's normal students, and they couldn't really do anything to stop him.

You're right, at the time I guess I thought that that was more just like a special technique anyone with spectral powers could use, but that doesn't really make sense.

At this point being possessed is more like the rule than the exception. Remember when tools were a thing?

>facial expression
I think you're reading too much into that. They all look equally shocked in the first panels, and both Max and Isabel look equally nauseous in the other one.

To me, Max looks alarmed and confused, Isabel just looks stressed the fuck out, and Isaac looks distressed and guilty. Like look at him in the group picture, he doesn't have the same battle-ready pose, and it's less that he's looking at Hijack and more that he's looking away from Dimitri.

I genuinely don't see it mate. I think his eyes are weird because the way he's positioned on the page so he's looking down at spender, hell Isabel looks cross eyed. I mean he probably did attack Dimitri it would explain quite a lot. So hopefully that plotpoint can be resolved pretty fast then since Isaac clearly didn't injure him that much.

>Lenny Kravitz Jr gets reconciled back in the Club after sticking with the Journos who barely do shit
Ayup, Zack's gonna close shop at 7 chapters, considering the page numbers of this one. He'll might even pull a bullshit on-the-nose lampshading at the finale about how disportionate webcomic time is, so his remaining kiddy fanbase can laugh along.

At this point, I get hyped up more for rare uncomprehensible Russian comics about supercops than this former shell of a childhood fantasy wet dream.

>"B-but user, he might still refuse the Club's offer, or he might still join while being a snitch to Suzy!"
Zack couldn't even do shit juggling which subplots that are important! We've got about 5-6 in one bloody chapter that now spans 3 years and counting! You think his glass creaky wrists can handle a couple more?

>Remember when tools were a thing?
The more I remember about that cool lightning charged bat combo power, the more painful it gets.

>Zack's gonna close shop at 7 chapters
>Implying
He's not getting to the end of chapter 6.

YEARS AND YEARS
ON AND ON

51 updates

48 pages until this chapter is half the comic guys. Can he do it do we think? I genuinely can no longer guess how close to the end we are.

what is negro mantid?

As much as I have disdain for Zack not taking his work seriously, a part of me really feels sorry for him too - he wants to profit off the only thing he's always known what to do, but he's carelessly overdoing it that it affects the final work, limb health...who knows if his mind is next. And it seems like he can't stop out of the immense anxiety of disappointing the fans (i.e they don't mind him much taking a break / bow yet he insists so much on continuing)

This comic is like purgatory: a punishment, plain, and with no end in sight.

oh thank god, he's dying, right?

Please kill Hijack kiddos, do me proud.

>who knows if his mind is next.
You mean "who knows if xer/xim/xemself mind is next"

Man, that Bleach inspiration is really showing

"Since I'm no good at playing herOOAAAUUGGHHHHH

Not before Zarei scooters into school for a long parent-child meeting, lasting 20 pages at least. Then Garcia probably comes in afterwards.

Fucking hell this is going to be a four year ordeal isn't it?

>..you're not getting beat up by children, are you?

>calarts

>Worrying about someone who compromises their work as soon as it becomes fiscally sustainable to reap max profit.

>ha ha, time for another 25 pages of the psychic ghost brain turd thing sweatdropping and chewing the scenery
YES
HURT ME MORE, SNAKE

But what he has in brains, he lacks... in heart.

A spectral shadow.

That's why he'd just have to take Hijack's tool, duh.

>rare uncomprehensible Russian comics about supercops
Link?

It's very metal.

based wristposter

I stop Reading for like nearly 3 years now, is there any new Suzy pages?

>CalArts

This was almost 3 years ago.

damn really? I think that was the last set of hers I save too. So no other Suzy page after?

I didn't say that. There's quite a few.

I think the worst part of this story arc aside from the length, drop in quality and shuffling pace is the anticlimactic way a lot of things are being "revealed". It's not "what is under RJs hood" bad but this does seem like a waste of a plot point.

Thanks user time to go find them and save them.

Hijack is proving to be distilled cringe.

Why did Zack fuck up his own comic

IIRC part of it has to do with his girlfriend and making it less appealing to us, the anons who liked this comic here on Sup Forums. Unfortunately it worked, now no one likes it especially with his constant 'AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH MY WRIST!!!' updates

Holy fuck this is the 254th page of the chapter?

I get chapters can have varying lengths and stuff, but that's fucking rediculous.

To put this into perspective, Poppy O'Possum reached it's 254th page right at the beginning of chapter 7! She entered the main city, won a fighting tournament, met the queen and fought a witch, sung with a pop star, got a gang army, fought a dragon, attending a festival, got hired as an ambassador, and then proceeded to go on and date the queen in the amount of pages this chapter has, and we still don't know when it's going to end!

Hijack is cornered and knows he's going to die, if all the things he's been saying about the kids is correct.

He at least is looking on the upside of life.

He still needs to escape the school itself, ideally before lunch period ends. God is it still lunch?

Let's not forget that Zack said that Chapter 4 would "most likely be the longest chapter of Paranatural", or something to that effect.

>part of it has to do with his girlfriend
Zack and his gf seem to have this symbiotic relationship in terms of art where both of their comics have gotten really bad over time. Not that Monsterkind was ever as good as Paranatural, but there’s a clear drop in quality as time goes on

Oh 6 Suzy Pages for 2017, today is a good day.

>Yeah, I know
>*facepalms*
>Tch, pawns...
Dimitri is such a piece of shit.

We already saw Dimitri using his powers in the Hitball match, and the story already expected you to know that Dimitri was a spectral when he was hindering Suzy's attempts to spy on the club.
This is not a reveal.

I miss the comic being good.

Don't forget about Local Business Owner, he's also still got a part to play here. This chapter is far from over and I laugh at anyone who thinks it's going to end before September.

I still have no idea how Ed and Isabel were able to get away with lifting and threatening the principal without being sent to mega-detention.

Symbiosis is when a relationship is mutually beneficial, right? Is there a term for a mutually detrimental relationship? Mutual parasitism?

original for comparison

>full page with backgrounds
>they have noses
>PJ still has that "cute but SLIGHTLY unsettling" aura
>spirit in background
Reminder that we're never going to see this again, ever.

If Hijack dies we riot

Zacks saving it to be used for some roughly drawn filler comic when he misses a future update

Can someone edit the white spaces as blue/white and green/white gradients for accuracy?

youtu.be/iFTMEOpmJT4

The problem with that is that if you have as long a stretch without drawing backgrounds as Zack has had, even archival readers will start to notice. In fact, I imagine it will have an even greater negative effect on archival readers because while every update we go "oh boy, another white void," an archival reader would realize every few minutes of reading that "oh boy, I'm STILL trapped in the white void."

Any excuse to not put as much effort in.

They've all assaulted a teacher. Isaac might get a free pass because Garcia knows. But if you count the Starchman chase Ed should be on his way to Juvie by now.

So are they ACTUALLY supposed to be in some blank void space? Where are they? I see these updates on Sup Forums every time they get posted and I still have no idea where this is supposed to be taking place.

>We've got about 5-6 in one bloody chapter that now spans 3 years and counting
It's actually worse than that.
In order to simplify this let's roll all characters involved in a subplot into itself even though each character going through the motions of them is sometimes its separate thing.
We have:
>Ed's recognition of his wrongs last night, abandoning Izzy
>Isaac coming against Max and Isabel, and his personal angry issues
>Spender and Isabel overcoming or confronting grief from the previous night
>Hitball
>PJ following Max and continuing his help-subplot
>Johnny's possession flaring
>the three teacher-tracking subplots
>Garcia's talk with Isaac
>Zarei x Day lunch date
>Zarei's mystery and influence
>Suzy bugging Max and blackmailing him
>the entire vice-principal + student council machinations bullshit
>Max's personal guardian complex
>Max's alien conspiracy friend alex
>"a local business owner" guy
>Spender's internal (Lucifer + Shadow) conflict
>the entire thing with Jeff as fallout separate from Hijack
>HIJACK
And then there's fucking Dmitri now.

And based on the reaction of Isaac, Dimitri was the one he accidentally hurt. Which we all inferred since it was the other member.

And now imagine the possessed boy waking up and every fucking kid hates him now

Hate him?

Or respect and fear him?

>Max's alien conspiracy friend alex
I completely forgot about this until now.

>Suzy bugging Max and blackmailing him
That got resolved at least. Bartender lady fixed it. Granted it completely invalidated a story line from way back in 2012. But... Yeah.

Oh, thank you. I forgot to add
>Lisa's entire bootleg student bar thing

Actually, it's more of a movie kinda thing now that you've mentioned it:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQUxpQHY4eQ

It's the continuation of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=RLt65JxNsWI

What if the comic completely desaturated down to the level of the first few pages? Is that Zacks endgame?

I forgot that half of this shit was even there. I also keep forgetting that it's been over 3 years. I fucking remember back in chapter 3/4 when I would look at pages and characters and think "oh man I can't wait to find out what their deal is! oh man I can't wait to see what the Cousinhood of Man is all about!" etc. Fucking nothing has happened in these 3 years. How do you fuck up your writing this bad.

Don't forget the whole Lucifer implying that there's worse stuff beyond the Shadow and the Monster Hunting version of the Activity Consortium thing.

Cousinhood weren't really in this chapter though.

I suppose the Cousinhood of Man is made of non-spectrals who know about spirits, but for obvious reasons are limited to hunting things they can touch and see.

I've said this before. I have been in college for less time than this chapter has been running, and I earned an associate's last December.

Wait a minute, is this... the inside of a giant worm? Are those teeth at the ceiling?

>HAVE NO FEARS, WE'VE GOT STORIES FOR YEARS

>making it less appealing to us, the anons who liked this comic here on Sup Forums
I don't think it's gonna appeal to anyone else jumping in either considering how much the plot's being stretched out affecting the final product (, )...and especially if they were put off by Steven Universe's tame, safe ambience - when they start on stuff as vibrant and striking like THIS.

>next time we see this place it'll be a gradient

Some of these have to be made up

>Zack! "Slow n Steady" Morrison

just read the whole comic two weeks ago. the only one i don't remember that well is max's personal guardian complex but other than that none of them are made up.

Idk if you're one of those people who quit reading ages ago but I can guarantee you that all of these are real. This chapter is a garbage fire.

The worst part is that only a few of them are actually abrasive in their excessiveness. The problem is each subplot pops in for a page or two and then ping pongs with four others for about 20 pages before switching. Call Chapter 4 what it is, at least most of those sequences were isolated to 10-page bursts. Each subplot has some decent gags and anything with Lucifer is great, but it's being dragged down by having SO MUCH going on.

I've just noticed the 'teeth' at the top, but I've always suspected that Boss Leader's Spirit acts as the ENTIRETY of the Consortium itself. She's the kind of over-the-top, utterly ridiculous individual to have need of an equally ridiculous, over-the-top Spirit.

Not like we'll ever see the damn thing because Zack likely doesn't possess the ability to do anything remotely approaching the levels of detail needed to design such a Spirit or even Boss Leader herself anymore.

>but it's being dragged down by having SO MUCH going on.
And the shit art. Don't forget the shit art.
Just look at the OP's page, Spender's hands are orbs and he looks like some chibi caricature during a scene that's supposed to be serious. Zack's completely lost his touch with everything related to comics, not just the writing. It's a fucking shame.

Of the characters we have now, only Isaac, Johnny, and Spender are mediums that we know of.