It's funny 'cause Phil Hartman's wife murdered him

It's funny 'cause Phil Hartman's wife murdered him.

Too soon.

>maude also dead

Is that from a recent episode? That is in really poor taste, I can’t belive they thought that would be a good idea

I wouldn't be surprised, New Simpsons writers think of the worst shit
>That episode where they literally just took footage from Dr. Dolittle (The original) for a "gag" that doesn't even funny

Too soon for what?

I like the original Dr. Dolittle.

They had Andy Dick as a guest in an episode.

Poor taste indeed.

Apparently the Simpsons writers didn't, so they spent a good couple minutes of the episode showing footage of it and having the children bitch about how it was bad... minutes were wasted on this

It's been 20 years.

I will never not envy Jon Lovitz for smacking his head in.
God, it must've felt so fucking good.

Me too...although him making it with the sea lion was really weird.

Based.

That sounds like a joke from Family Guy.

Well, it was in a recent Simpsons episode, specifically the one titled "Que detective"

nu simpsons is basically just family guy lite

Dude, they had a joke about Dick doing drugs that aired like a few months after Hartman died.

>tfw 9/11 was 30 years ago

>You will never kill Andy Dick

Andy Dick did nothing wrong.
Maybe if your wife ends up abusing drugs and murdering you it might have something to do with you being a shit husband.

Just saw an episode yesterday where homer smokes crack. They are desperate for the family guy audience

sneed

I refuse to believe this, sauce.

>Le game of normies

This entire episode was just one big commercial for that show. It was cringe inducing garbage.

Maybe if your wife ends up abusing drugs and murdering you it might have something to do with her being a shit wife.

Motherfucker told Lovitz 'I put the Hartman hex on you' right after Hartman became worm food. Then after that he had the gall to ask Lovitz for help in getting him on some tv show. I only wish Lovitz finished the job and caved in that fucker's head on that railing.

s23e05, The Food WIfe

New Simpsons is literally unwatchable, even some post season 10 episodes had some enjoyable moments, but anything past season 20 is the entertainment equivalent of walking naked in Chernobyl.
>Shitty parodies that just masturbate over properties, poorly written and have no effort past "It's thing, but Simpsons are in it"
>Less time now than was available for a show 20 years ago, yet they have rely on shitty filler, when 22 years ago writers had the opposite problem with the simpsons and had to draft everything out to make sure it was actually funny and could fit into an episode that was only under half an hour
>Old writers were actually good writers and bothered to draft and communicate their work with others, new writers are literally lazy and write "what I think is funny", get in, it's not really funny
>Tries too hard to satire current events, doesn't work because it's usually dated by the time it airs, and is especially dated when reran, ends up seeming cringeworthy and full of itself (seriously, don't do this unless your work is a newspaper comic). Old episodes from the early to mid 90s (With a handful of exceptions) are still timeless and enjoyable to this day and will be for the next couple of decades
>New Simpsons has retarded fan pandering (See that one fucking episode where they had to pad out the whole thing with a shitty side plot where Maggie plays with forest animals, and they add in Spider Pig)
>"Jokes" don't work, and half the time writers try to be like Adult swim shows or Family guy, but fail miserably because Simpsons was never meant to have this humor

Oh yeah, let's not forget
>Celebrity whoring
>Blatant reuse of plots (If I see another god damn "Bart gets a girlfriend" episode, I will fucking scream)

He didn’t smoke crack, he was about to but was stopped after the police busted in the meth house with was what homer thought to be a gastronomy based restaurant.

People seem to forget that Simpsons have had celebrities in it as themselves fairly frequently even during the earlier seasons

>Phil Hartman played the cat in the English dub of Kiki's Delivery Service.
>The Cat stops talking half way through the film.
>The Cat doesn't talk again.
>This was Hartman last role.

>Its okay to give drugs to a schizophrenic trying to stay sober
What did he mean by this?

>mfw I actually like that episode

I prefer Ron Howard to Lady Gaga.

I thought he did at the end of the film?

Also, it's because she can't understand him. But yes. I loved that movie.

Sure, but they were sprinkled in, it's not like now where the entire episode practically revolves around them

What is personal responsibility?

You do know what relapses fucking are, and if that's true, Dick had a responsibility to help her STAY sober you fuck.

Do you understand the difference between using cocaine and committing murder?
Andy Dick was responsible for one of those two things.

This whole thing is fucking horrible no matter what the details are. Weren't the kids in the house at the time? Horrible.

That sounds like South Park as well

>we should hold literal schizophrenics to the same self-control standards as everyone else
What did he mean by this?

If it was only a few months after he died then that means it was written before he died.

I agree, if you try to mess with mentally ill people then you should be held personally responsible for the consequences.

>show has 10-20 good seasons
>this is the worst fate a show could possibly have

What do Simpsons fans mean by this?

>20 good seasons

How bad does your taste have to be to actually call zombie simpsons "good"?

Simpsons had only about 9 or 10 good seasons, anything past season 10 is agreed to be pretty bad.
>Simpsons has only really been good for about 7 or 8 years
>Simpsons has been shit for over 20 years now

Said celebrities were rarely playing themselves. They were usually acting out a character and poking fun at it, modern Simpsons have entire episodes praising the celebs and the ground they stand on.

Is this that Devilman show I’ve been hearing about?

>Simpsons had only about 9 or 10 good seasons
Try 9 or 10 good episodes. Its so called "golden age" is massively overrated. Those seasons are fine at best, with the rare, occasional good episode appearing almost every season.

Shut up Sneed poster

He does talk at the end of the English version though.
Gigi runs up and jumps on Kiki's shoulder "Kiki! Kiki can you hear me? Mee-oooww"

It's the Japanese version where he never talks again because it's showing Kiki growing up and no longer needing someone to talk to at home/she had real friends now. Disney had them change in for English cause it was too sad for kids.

If your show has gone on long enough where it's no longer "too soon" to do this then the show should have been canceled years ago

they fixed it in the dvd release though

to be fair, the current writers were only toddlers when he was killed

that legit makes me sad.

Wait what's wrong with showing them dead? Sorry I don't know the background lore, but from a quick wikipedia Heartman's death was unrelated to the show.

>couch gag about being brutally murder.
Yea, at that time I knew zombie Simpsons wasn't enough, a new category is needed to describe such awful lately seasons

doesn't that make it worse? a new generation of feefee sheltered retards that don't know history of even the closest things of their life? Isn't that part of the most basic definition of "decadency"? losing the most basic roots and common sense for cheap, daily edonistic emotionless material pleasure?

>Phil Hartman played a main character on the sitcom Newsradio
>one episode was a fantastical what-if story where the characters were on the Titanic
>everyone dies at the end, of course
>Phil Hartman comes out as himself to remind the viewers that this was just a silly episode and nobody really died
>this was the last thing he did for the show before his murder

Remember that time Lisa was super lesbo with Emily Blunt?

I only remember this episode because it was the last one they did before they switched to HD

I nominate "decomposing Simpsons"

Ghoul Simpsons. It's now digging up the dead and eating them.

I could watch this for hours.

yeah it's really depressing when I think about it.

I wish I didn't know this

This.

Unwatchable simpsons

My god, that episode was something

Didn't they make a random Ratatouille reference in the same episode?

>Actual gore, blood and violence in an "normal episode"
>Nothing in treehouse of horrors
What happened?

>If I see another god damn "Bart gets a girlfriend" episode
At least his girlfriends provide R34 material if nothing else.

I came into this thread to post that.

>Ends with them beating Marge to death with a brick in a sock

Jesus Christ, Fox.

Thank God for the complete lack of continuity.

Just common sense and speaking ill of the dead.

Then again, we're well past the point of any writer for the Simpsons giving two fucks about their material.

I seriously don't understand how Andy Dick gets work. He's never been funny, and he always seems like an unlikable little shit.

>Beating marge to death
I refuse to believe this was a non-treehouse horror episode

Was Newsradio the show where Jon Lovitz beat up Andy Dick? Im frankly shocked that anyone on that show even kept working with him. His contract must have been fucking Iron clad