Happy Meals are Disney sponsored now. Praise /cock/!

Happy Meals are Disney sponsored now. Praise /cock/!

globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/02/27/1396476/0/en/McDonald-s-USA-Announces-Happy-Meal-Promotional-Alliance-With-Disney.html

McDonalds has always had Disney toys, so what, they're exclusive now to McDonalds? Big whoop

>TFW we'll never have good toys at McDonald's again
Sucks man

>all 6 could combine

Lets be real

There was NEVER such a thing as a good McDonald’s toy or anything from a kids menu meal.

>There was NEVER such a thing as a good McDonald’s ... kids ... meal.

Why did you limit statement to kid's meals?

i want that megara

brown

I will fight you

I had that, Had to go to 3 different McDonald's to do it

Spotted the underage.

>no watch/belt
I understand that it looks better without, but the set is incomplete otherwise.
Poor show.

There have been some good promotions over the years, namely in the 90s. Not all McFormers have been good, but back in the day they at least transformed, and in a couple situations had more show accurate figures than the show itself.

KFC and BK Pokemon promotions come to mind as good ones as well, and mlp McD toys are always pretty good, basically a unique level in between the blind bag figures and brushables. I also remember Batman and Marvel promotions from McDonalds from the 90s that had some figures I was fond of as a kid.

I was poor growing up so It was a treasure when I got any of these

>THat feels when i temember getting those from the local vintage drive through only mcdonalds and rock n roll themed mcdonalds
>That feel when when that was 17 years ago

That was the best you could get in the 90s, there were no Sonic action figures being produced period. Hell, I used to play with a gum container cause it was shaped like Sonic.

is this based on the AOSTH cartoon? why is knuckles there?

>Not /cocktoy/

Wasted potential.

>there were no Sonic action figures being produced period.
Wait really, why? Sega was trying to find any and every avenue to push this blue autist magnet

>Wanted these as a kid.
>Wanted to have McDonald's for my birthday so I could get one.
>Mom makes me eat at a shitty restaurant my step-sister worked at instead.
>On my fucking birthday.
Still have not forgiven her.

Nope, just a bunch of promotional stuff like bubblegum containers, happy meal toys, etc. Not many video games had merch in the action figure department back then really, Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat had some really shoddy/shitty G.I. Joe toys but that's about all I can recall. Stuff like Mario and Sonic didn't start getting action figures till the later 90s possibly and 00s certainly

>inb4 Disney makes a grittier live action remake of Hercules with no songs.

Didn't they initially cut ties because of McDonalds' unhealthy track record?

Lol they never gave a shit about that, did they? Whatever, get me my damn Toy Story 4 toys.

Does this mean that they might have Mulan toys (and Szechuan sauce) for the live action remake?

I feel like that could potentially be in the same league as Jungle Book actually. Still probably wouldn't want them to do it because they may not get James Woods for it.

Damn me too
No it was based on Sonic 3

The last Disney Happy Meal was a Pirates of the Caribbean toyline 12 years ago.

Bob Iger didn't want the Disney brand associated with Childhood Obesity, so he cut off their deal and went to Subway with crappy lunchbag promos.

>went to Subway
nice trade off Iger

These things were better made than retail toys in stores now

Is he supposed to look like Steve Buscemi

I liked the "Smash Bros Trophy" figures they did for the 100 Years of Magic celebration.

I mean he voiced him so probably

Possibly. Wouldn't be the first time a character was meant to resemble their VA.

These were actually better than the toys they sold in stores then, too. Perfect Monsters' Inc. toyline.

Fuck I forgot about that
It's been so long since I watched that movie

The VHS box toys were better because it was the closest thing to a cohesive Disney action figure line.

Post the pirate ship that shit was fire

Had a Mike one where you can give it bedroom eye(s)

they used AOSTH Robotnik design tho

this thread is Sup Forums /ck/ and /toy/ related,this is great!

I'm glad I could make you guys happy.

>/cocktoy/

They tended to use that design for US merchandising in the early 90's.

I had everything except the grabbing arm and it bugged me for years. It turned out my cousin had it, but I couldn't get it off him because he used it as a novelty cigarette holder.

FUCK. Lost hard on nostalgia.

I always wanted a complete Atlantis set, the fucking submarine was the coolest shit ever.

>Tfw I had it
>And my dad modifyed it so it could go underwater and control it using RC.

I wish I was a kid again.

Had these little guys. Collecting all the classic Bionicles were great.

what did you eat?

I hate you and also am very happy for you user

I think they had toys from the Mario series back in the day. Never got any of them, though. :(

There was barely ANY video game toy merchandise available in the 90s. I remember having to order these Zelda toys from the back of a Nintendo power and they were shitty and could barely move their limbs

Kids are lucky now. You can order a fully articulated Samus figure from Amazon. I saw a Link figma in a Best Buy once

Yup, video games were still kind of at that weird point where people didn't know how to market them outside of the games themselves, fighting games kind of prevailed though during those days even if the merch was still shitty

Primal Rage ironically with how forgotten it is and as much of a relic of the times it is, is probably the first one I can think of that got a proper and actually decent toyline for the time...but it also kind of makes sense, Jurassic Park made dinosaurs really popular in the 90s, and mutant animals in general were still thriving because of TMNT rip offs

>didn't read the article.jpg

yes and now mc donalds is committed to being healthier. So the meals will include fruit and vegetables and less sodium and shit and some fucking toy.

>BAF is a boat

holy fuck this is great.

As kids my sisters and I went out of our way to collect all of the Lilo and Stitch bobble heads.

Then Mom threw them out without telling us :-(

I'm honestly amazed Japan never tried doing a Gashapon line for the Experiments when they were doing the Stitch Anime

> disney does SSB
would you play it Sup Forums? Who's your main?
> GET UP ON THE HYDRAS BACK

Where can I find these? What's their name?

Every Pokemon toy they did was great

The iconic ones were from BK, and the KFC plushies were really nice

Bump