So how many DC multiverses ARE there outside of the Local Multiverse?

So how many DC multiverses ARE there outside of the Local Multiverse?

Infinite. 52. 3i.

As many as are needed to tell compelling stories.

At least 3 multiverses consisting of 52 worlds (which seems to be the 'standard' size of a DC multiverse), one GIANT multiverse consisting of 10,000 worlds and another of 200+ worlds.

3i is Scribblenaughts, right?

Scribblenauts is not a part of a DC multiverse but they VISITED a DC Multiverse consisting of 52 universes... but not the Orrery of Worlds. A separate multiverse.
(That's not a style thing, we know it's not the Orrery.)

I wish we'd get books based on some of the other Earths.

Dino Cop book when?

Was the Infinite Crisis game/comic set in the Orrery?
Pre or post-Flashpoint?

There's a multiverse centered around KFC.

There are 52 multiverse of 52 worlds.
Although some have less, and some have more.

Obviously there's also 52 omniverses containing each of the 52 multiverses.

And that's somehow one of the best verses there is

You. I like you. And if you'd care to comment it'd be appreciated. My current understand is this.

Multiverse
>A series of interconnected universes that all share the same "common space" (I could use a better term). Examples of this include the Arrow Multiverse (Earth 1 (Main), Earth 2 (Alt), Earth 3 ( Supergirl), Earth 4 (Garrick), and beyond). Even Smallville had a multiverse. Earth 1 (Main) & Earth 2 (Clark Luthor).

Omniverse
>This concept refers to a collection of all relative multiverses. There could be a single omniverse (incorporating all), or a company wide omniverse (DC, Marvel, Image, etc.)

every single person who has ever read a DC comic, is a multiverse.

your head cannon, is unique to you. some day YOU may write a DC comic. or, fanfic. your multiverse will affect others.

I would kill for a miniseries about chibi robot DickBats fighting against his puppetmaster. This was too good to be such a small part of Multiversity.

never, stop asking

STOP

why do they have so many multiverses, but so many have prominent variants of the same popular characters instead of different prominent characters?

- The nu52 (which is a modeled version of the post-IC multiverse)
- The 52-universe from the Infinite Crisis Game/Comic (Not the same one)
- The 52-universe from the Scribblenauts crossover
- The Smallville multiverse with has 200+ universes in it
- The Injustice Multiverse with ~10,000 universes in it and no good costume designs.
- The Arrowverse multiverse. At least 53 universes.

Because DC is run by morons who want a multiverse but have no idea what to do with it, and largely use their multiverses to tell stories that would be far, FAR better suited to the unstable decrystalized bleedworlds of Hypertime.

Retards bitched about Hypertime because they wanted alt universes back

>Retards bitched about Hypertime because they wanted alt universes back
And DC editorial doesn't use the multiverse right. It's just a source of analogues tot he main DC heroes who can be killed off for shock value -- but then DC realized they were killing them to quick and backed off that so they seldom die and never get characterization.

Fans wanted the multiverse back in order to tell stories in different locales and have awesome crossover of vibrant versions of their favorite heroes. Instead we got "Earth where everyone are Pirates, and we will never tell a story there."

Just bring back Elseworlds. THAT is closer to what fans want then this garbage.

Forgot to mention:
>- The 52-universe from the Infinite Crisis Game/Comic (Not the same one)
Specifically Earth 13, 31 and 44 do not line up with the versions described in Multiversity. Not just tone -- non-negociable differences.
Multiversity Earth-44 is robot versions of the JLA built by Dock Magnus. IC Earth-44 is toku-inspiured mecha versions of the JLA built by Clark Kent. That's similar in theme bot the differences are... irresolvable.
IC's Earth 13 is also magic-based and technophobic but it's NOT a world of spooky magic-powered demonic superheroes cloaked in eternal night. It's a D&D world where the League characters are based on D&D character types and there is no eternal twilight.

>- The Smallville multiverse with has 200+ universes in it
And half of these universes are dead.

196,833 to be exact

And-and the Smallville Multiverse appears to be a spiral shape.

And-and the Infinite Crisis MOBA seems to be a sphere... despite being portrayed as an Orrery like the post-52 multiverse by the observation point on planet Nil. This seems ot be a production conflict -- the introduction tot he MOBA also has Nix Utoan saying these events are in the Orrery of Worlds, but any reference to the Orrery specifically was scrubbed from the comic and the art rapidly changed from portraying Nix in his Final Crisis "Superjudge" uniform to the standard Monitor gray/yellow armor. (Except when some of the art teams did not got the memmo and he suddenly shifted between issues.)

Basicaly the Infinite Crisis Game/Comic seems to have ORIGINALLY intended to be canon to the main DC multiverse for DC's comic arm rapidly backed off of this when they realized that it wasn't going to fit and sort of passively treated it like a different-but-very-similar multiverse, hoping that no one would notice.

The Snowflake is a separate multiversal axis. It does not contain all of the DC universes/multiverses but is its own multiverse. (Even though a few worlds did belong to both multiverses for awhile.)

What's with calling them omniverse? I've never seen DC use that. I have seen DC use megaverse by Rip Hunter when he went against Mr Mind in the last issue of 52 though.

Headcannon is that each version of the multiverse exists concurrently. Infinite Pre-COIE exists with New 52 Orrery. Each multiverse iterations occupying the same 5-D space but with different vibrations.

General consensus is that Multiverse = Local Multiverse (a set of closely-connected universes.)
Megaverse = the containing set of all Multiverses belonging to a company/brand. So EVERYTHING DC is one Megaverse, everything Marvel is another, etc.
The Omniverse is all Megaverses. The Omniverse is everything. Every work of fiction, and our world as well. Things which haven't been thought of or dreamed of, things that have to be and things which must never be.

(And yes, Ben 10 uses Omniverse when it means Multiverse.)

>The Omniverse is everything.
But the center should always be the Dark Tower.

I still don't understand how the horn is supposed to help him this time through.

Makes sense, because god, some of their ideas were a hell of a lot better than Morrisons.
Particularly the Nightmare Earth opposed to Morrison's "everyone is vampires and Ultraman is here for some reason".

Sup Forums will tell you infinite trying to be deep, but it is a finite amount. Hell DC might even be a thing in one hundred years from now. Tomorrow is the master of secrets for a reason.

Does this make Dis the source of all Evil throughout the entire Omniverse then?

Wasn't the Tower mentioned by Batman in Multiversity?

Well, yeah.
I still operate under the understanding that all fictional worlds connects to The Dark Tower, and that the Crimson King's influence can be found, to some insidious degree, in every story.

Do the different multiversses share a single hypertime? Hypertime might be the connection between all of them.

The DC multiverse started as an infinity of vibrational worlds. Now it's 52 vibrational worlds and an infinity of alternate timelines (hypertime), which makes it larger than the Marvel multiverse which is ONLY a multiverse of alternate timelines.

there's Rose imagery iirc

Since hypertime happen when someone in a universe time travels in that universe I am inclined to place each universe with its own time travels created hypertime.

ALL of it.

The same way Satan crying at the end of Devilman Crybaby is supposed to help. The story is cyclical and repeats, but some small detail has changed. This implies that subsequent repetitions can cause further changes and eventually break the cycle.

Makes me wonder how Dis/the Outer Dark would appear to beings like DC's cosmic powers and others like them, or if it would even appear at all or be recognizable as an actual entity or force beyond vague impressions.

The red king is a spider? I don't remember that.

This is surprisingly knowledgeable of this universe for a glorified ad.

Where does Antimatter Universe lie in?

A 1-universe multiverse.

Why would a superior race store data in comic book form? Its not only stupid, but capeshit comics are garbage.

My headcanon is full of gender swaped super heroes.

>That discussion about Platonism
The scribblenaughts tie in was KFC levels of good.

This. It's why Anti-Monitor wanted to destroy the positive matter universe in the first place. He was salty he has one universe to rule over whereas Monitor had an infinity.

>That she-Penguin looks like Ivy Doomkitty
kek

Well, this is the ad for a scribblenauts game that allows you to summon from a catalog of over 2000 DC comics characters, so yeah, they were trying to take this seriously.

Do the rest of the Batfamily have equal access to Bruce's harem?

Supposedly all the robot chicken sketches with DC characters is one of the 52 earth's

I vaguely recall that either Marvel or DC has/had their multiverse cluster hidden within the other's multiverse cluster. As such if you break past one multiverse you end up in the other It's probably Marvel inside DC since Marvel spawned from DC.

IT is a giant spider when you kill it.

Probably part of Earth-0, a sort of 'suite' of universes, like how every Marvel universe has its own Nefative Zone. We label that suite as one universe for convienience/sanity.

I want to see this concept expanded upon.

>Why would a superior race store data in comic book form?
For entertainment, duh.

I somehow feel Erik Larsen wouldn't approve it

Ok, how about the other Metas? Does the Flash has a Rogues Gallery compromised entirely of females or Superman has to fight She Zod and Lexa is just being tsuntsun or she downright hates him for taking attention from her?

How about WW? Does Cheetah is a guy in hers?

Marvel seems to be adjacent to DC. The Anti-Monitor peered into it during COIE but didn't annihilate it.
Adventures of the X-Men #25 shows the Living Tribuneral temporaily shutting off the connection between the DC and Marvel universe to prevent a disaster in a Marvel Universe from spreading to DC. Presumably the same thing, in reverse, is what kept CoIE 'contained' to merely destroying a large chunk of infinity instead of all of it.

So can we come up with a sensible explanation of WTF is going on?

Villainesses remain untouched physically, but become consumed with lust for their respective heroes

>How about WW? Does Cheetah is a guy in hers?
Cheetah is still a cat girl (but male)

Tiny Titans has its own multiverse with 52 worlds, only one of them being evil.
But since their worlds are all full of exact dopplegangers rather than near-dopplegangers (Though Wonder Girl is called Girl of Wonders so the names change) it appears to be its own multiverse.

How many universes did we see in the DCAU?

>How many universes did we see in the DCAU?
Justice Guild, Justice Lords, Brave New Metropolis... any others?

Okay.. Brave and the Bold has at least 5,500 universes in its Local Multiverse. And those include every version of the DCAU and The Batman. So... it's probably simplest to say that B&tB is in the same Local Multiverse as the DCAU and The Batman.
This COULD be the same multiverse as Injustice... but probably isn't.

What is that from?

Also the DCAU had the Teen Tyrants universe.

AND Killowat's home universe. (Which I always took to be a reference to The Crossing, but seems instead to be an alternate version of some 1991 Teen Titans arc no one remembers.)

FWIW, The Brave and the Bold's universe isn't the 'main' one in it's multiverse. It is Earth-23.

BPRD Hell on Earth #146

>So... it's probably simplest to say that B&tB is in the same Local Multiverse as the DCAU and The Batman.

No I think there are just overlapping local multiverses at some point. Like how the main comic one has the DCAU and Justice Lords.

Please elaborate because I fucking love this stuff.

Dino Cop is pretty weird these days.

Of course.

The Multiverse was introduced as a by-product of having alternate universes at all - the 'Crisis on Earth-n' deal.

And subsequent writers kept giving their own spin on it.

The Orrery 52's "version" of those universes, be they Batman Beyond or the Justice Lords, do not correspond with the originals. They are SIMILAR to the original stories but not the same universes.

Whereas Earth 50 (pre-Flashpoint) actually WAS the same universe overlapping in two different multiverses.

So what you're saying is a real thing that exists but, these just don't happen to be examples of it.

he is refering to all the dc multiverses
52 after infinite crisis, 52 after final crisis, new 52
the one with 10.000 universes would be before crisis on infinite earths

everything is canon and they are still waiting in their respective multiverse

Have we actually seen the orrey's version of them outside of the Multiversity guide? The BB digital comic was a continuation of the DCAU directly and the current Beyond comic is set in an alternate future for E0.

>the one with 10.000 universes would be before crisis on infinite earths

That one I know: No, it had about 3,000.

No. There are many Multiverses with 52 worlds.
Tiny Titans
Scribblenauts
The Orrery

There are other multiverses with different numbers of worlds. Injustice's multiverse has 10,000 universes. B&TB has at least 5,500 universes.

But 52 seems ot be a pretty common size.

IT was the red king?