This comes as a surprise to people?

This comes as a surprise to people?

I'm mostly sure it's straight up regeneration in the comics, so yeah, I'm surprised, at least.

This

>I am Groot. I am Groot.

I am Groot.

*reincarnation

When plants reproduce asexually, their offspring are literally just an extension of themselves.

This is just like the announcement today confirming Solo takes place before Rebels and Rogue One. NO SHIT!

He didn’t reproduce
Rocket took a leftover stick on the ground, not a seed. He regenerated from said stick.

That's still asexual reproduction. Plenty of plants can regrow themselves from fallen branches. The fact that he regrew from a stick only further proves my point and negates the idea that Baby Groot is Groot's son.

wouldn't nu-Groot be more like a clone?

Dead serious, I got into arguments with people saying it was the same Groot but "he has lost all his memories". They were just incapable of accepting that the first Groot died.

He's a copy of Groot physically but it's not like that stick he grew out of held Groot's mind and memories, that's what Gunn's trying to get at

Right? I was wondering what the hell is taking Groot so long. From what I recall, Groot can grow back remarkably fast

So if I got amnesia and lost all my memories, I'd be dead and the "new" me walking around would be my son?

Either nobody has fed him any wood or they just want cute groot for the movies.

But who is Groot's son's mom???

>So if I was blown to pieces and they impregnated a woman with my sperm, I'd be dead and the "new" me walking around would be my son?

FTFY

Except baby groot is literally the same plant, regenerated. Your analogy would be better if I was blown to pieces and then a new me was grown from a bloody toe that someone picked up.

Those two are not similar at all.
Are you having a stroke?

this

Gunn has wrote himself into a corner this time

>Could have just said "It's a clone"
>Decided to go full retard and trigger a Groot of Theseus debate amongst even bigger retards

>amnesia and lost all my memories
>and lost all my memories
>and

Rocket

Could you have grown a son of Groot while the original Groot was alive?

Yes.

you don't always lose all of your memories with Amnesia.

how can a man being so retarded?

its possible to have amnesia
and not lose your memories

>call him Groot or "baby Groot"
>"no that's not Groot though"

Yes, like being shot in the head and dying, the two aren't mutually inclusive.

In a sense yes.

The ability for an individual to reflect on their past and wonder about the future has been a staple in the philosophical discussions around the continuity of an individual going back to Locke.

However calling this new individual a "son" or "daughter" is not something I've seen anyone suggest. most just leave it as the individual is a new person.

He's only calling him his son because the theme of the Guardians movies is family and it's the only real term that fits in that case.

>that image

Who cares about a retarded tree in a shitty action movie?

I do :(

It's a hard concept to grasp cause humans and plants don't function the same. You have to imagine like you as a fetus, just the cell. Twins happen when there's a split. Same DNA. It's like if you were able to take that toe and split it into a twin fetal cell. Not rebuilding you from your toe persay, but splitting your DNA into another creature with identical DNA. You're starting fresh from the earliest point.

Probably.

With enough water, soil and attention like what Rocket offered

>I was wondering what the hell is taking Groot so long.

The mouse is making it happen for merchandise. By Infinity War they'll have 4 different ages of Groot merchandise they can push.

Baby, Teenage and Adult. Along with whatever you want to call the stage at the end of GOTG1.

Probably more of a clone, if we get pedantic.

But even if it's technically the same body, whatever passes for Groot's brain should be destroyed and thus all his memories and personality.

Give him a break, he has amnesia, he probably forgot what amnesia means.

Scrappy Groot

5 billion people

eternally salty dcuck spotted

He's not a plant though, is he? He's a fucking tree.

What the fuck do you think trees are? Fungi?

Thats not reproduction, thats cloning.

Just fuck off, Gunn. If it's not in the production, it didn't happen. Next time write it in, adding tidbits to the lore through Twitter is embarrassing, lazy and contemptible.

Maybe if you got blown up and regrown over a natural human lifespan. Oh wait, that's a clone and also just your son.

The great tree goddess Shutthefuckupanon.

I thought regeneration was Groot's thing. I figured he was just growing back.

Wouldn't that literally just be your son though? It won't remember anything, it's an infant. A new thing.

So when Wolverine regenerated from a cell the new Wolverine was his son, right?

Depends. Was that fibre that RR picked up a random Groot fibre or the Groot heart or some shit. If it was just a random peice then there could be hundreds of bastard trees running about.

What if Groot is the same as dude or bloke. Or some other title.

>implying trees are plants
>implying owls are birds

Get outa here

Then why do they have FEATHERS genius?

parent and child relationships are defined by the sharing of genetic material but only in the event that it takes multiple parents to produce offspring that share DNA from each parents but are not perfect reproductions of any of them.
Perfect reproductions using only a single organism as a base do not have parents or children, they have clones. These clones are sometimes referred to as mother and daughters but that is only done for the sake of determining which ones came earlier.

tl;dr Baby Groot is Groot's daughter if it's not just Groot

Those are called leaves idiot

Thats not how it happened in Annihilation Conquest, but MCU not following comics is nothing new or worth getting angry about anymore.

>caring about mcu

BUY MY MERCHANDISE

>son

That is a stupid way of saying A PLANT CUTTING

Oh that makes sense.

>He's not a plant though, is he? He's a fucking tree.

And Rocket is his adoptive father.

MCU is litterally the only time Guardians of the Galaxy are worth a damn. When’s the last time anyone gave a shit about them before the movie?

Rocket Raccoon was in MvC 3. He wasnt exactly well known then though

Anihillation
War of Kings
Realm of Kings
Thanos Imperative

REPRINT
FUCKING
WHEN

What if my hand was grafted to someone else and I took over his body?

>MCUcks will use this as """proof""" that Mousevel movies have """real consequences"""

Groot is the species.

In the comics it is and they abuse the shit out of it. Groot sacrifices himself twice in Conquest alone. Gunn wanted the movie version to have more weight and consequence.

They didn't even do anything in War of Kings. And as much as I love it DNA's run in general is overrated as shit around here by casuals/posers.

lol

It's not the way it is in the books, so not everyone picked up on it.

Reprint of Annihilation? Have you been living under a rock? It's already being reprinted in two volumes, each come out in March and April respectively.
The others don't need reprinting, you can still find them at cover value in some places (I would know, I'm saving for them).

Uh, yeah; they have the same name. I didn't think about this until now. I just thought that being reborn gave him brain damage.

To a plant, growing back from a clipping is like cloning only without a consciousness to worry about the ethical implications. I thought Groot was alive within the genetic material but would have to reform a new body, memories included.

Well it would have been helpful for the sake of having "more weight" if there was any indication of this not actually being Groot in the movies themselves.

wow

Does this contain all the good GOTG runs?

EMH

?

YES and this is one of my greatest fears, that the me that exists right now would cease to exist if I lost my memory's

somebody say EMH?

No, it's now missing Duggan's All-New GOTG.

>Thanos Imperative
shit