Hal n Pals #39

How's your week been Sup Forums?

>Do you know how it feels to lose your home?
lol

Well I lost my fiancee engagement ring so that's £1 down the toilet but I got a promotion so I'm up about £15k a year so I'm pretty happy right now. How is your week user

As a Kylefag, this cover pleases me.

quints, also 1 pound ring? was it those candy rings? Same old, mountains of tests are killing me.

Action Comics reader here. Can confirm, due to traveling in the future he does know what's best for his future regarding this planet.

I'm tired from work it was £1k

Yeah, figured. Well that sucks but people lose rings all the time.

I really like this artist. He draws handsome man.

Kyle2cute

Unrelated but is Saucenao down for everyone else or just me?
I agree, only criticism is how the legs point at times.

I am always happy to see Space Ape. When he appeared I swore he would be background canon fodder and forgotten. Instead he still is alive and kicking and even got some character development.

Yeah, if this is was the old Corps book we might have gotten an arc about him being an exile prince but Corps book isn't really focusing on the Aliens. I mean we barely get to see Kilowog or Salaak

If you guys liked this week's battle shounen the comic, support the book. I hope one day DC accepts that someone apart from WW and Batman can beat Supes, since Hal should have been able to take care of Zod but by the transitive property should also be able to beat Superman

JLATEC

Posting not Ghostrider preview

AC

Pretty pumped for this one.

>He never lived on Krypton as I did
I wish writers other than Morrison would keep the "Kal has a perfect memory and remembers his babyhood on Krypton".

I just want it to be more special to him than "that place I came from that died".

>Hal's ring making Kyle act like a retard
I liked this way too much.

I honestly do wish GL books were more like battle shounen in some ways. There's a lot of room to just go completely crazy and over the top with constructs and getting strength from a character's willpower.

Sort of like another green energy in a certain anime.

nice cover

kyle sucks

lol irony

This is going to be the minimal amount of dialog on every page of every Superman comic from now on starting in April. I am not looking forward to it.

ATTENTION: THIS IS THE WORST ONE-LINER IN COMICS HISTORY

Looks like it has potential. We'll just have to see what kind of direction they take the story.

On a related note, did anybody read the 2nd issue of Damage? How's that book so far?

Just start blasting people into other universes and fighting at three zillion times light speed. It'll attract the DB Super meathead crowd.

Unfortunately it's pretty dull. It's...just Hulk. With Spawn's timer. If you were hungry for classic, bog-standard Hulk stories you might like it. But there's just nothing novel about it.

Thats retarded you retard

Damage was kinda dull. Silencer has been pretty okay, one of the stronger books that came out imo.

>No storytime in the title again
I almost missed this when i looked up storytime in the catalog

>This is going to be the minimal amount of dialog on every page of every Superman comic from now on starting in April.
minimal amount of space occupied by words maybe, the amount of information conveyed on the other hand...

>New guardians to change the direction of the green lanterns
>Exactly like the old ones

Oh come on

Yeah my bad, was pretty tired today.

One of the few books in which both art and story are good right now

Sort of like another series with the initials GL?

Well, if that isn't a ship.

Maybe the GLs will get their asses handed to them before the Guardians swoop in and turn the suns red before chastising them for not waiting to form a plan.
Probably not.

Also Templar guardians are supposed to be more sympathetic/ be more reasonable.

This issue was fun but it felt really short

did this really have to take up a whole page

>A science cell
Oh I'm quivering in fear, definitely more secured than the phantom zone.

To be fair, people escape from the phantom zone all the time, people getting out of the sciencells usually require outside intervention

It doesn't even make any sense considering they were completely normal an issue or two ago when they first took up their old leadership role. Maybe it's something in that room that makes smurfs retarded?

Okey, Hal's attitude possessing Kyle was pretty hilarious

11 more issues and ParHal is back.

This. #50 needs to be the fucking tits.

>that rare moment when you agree with guy

How big are the gorilla and the eye patch guy? they look giant.

I think space ape is supposed to be pretty big, I dunno about eye patch guy

I think Venditti is trying to make sense about “why the whole GLC won’t attack Zod family” problem

It's a dumb way to deal with that problem.

No, the old council would have done nothing, just like you are doing now.

>two suns in the same solar system
how does that work?
christ just end the guardians already

Old council would’ve said no immediately. Or they would’ve done things their way without considering the consequences.

Binary Star Systems aren’t rare. You have two stars orbiting one another.

His Guy is a cute. I like him too.

is it just me or is that finger in the last panel really fucking long

>Kyle's even posing in a more impractical and slutty fashion now

that ring of Hal's sure is a doozy

There's an issue of Guy Gardner's old solo where it's completely wordless and he does nothing except smack around an alien with some cool concepts for the entirely of the issue and it was fucking awesome. Issue #3 I think it was?

is Salaak dead?

The gorilla has growing powers too

I want to know too, what happened? Salaak was pretty cool

He appeared last issue.

>In his DNA deep in the space between his molecules he IS america

This is hilarious

no, he's still around

The doctor guy was somebody they picked up a few arcs ago, guess he decided to hang around and replace Soranik

Do you think Green Lantern colorists ever get tired of the monotony?

"Oh yippie. Another mostly green page"

As a Flashfag, this is my favorite DC book right now.

I think Kyle should keep the ring for a few more issues FOR reasons then.

Bump

I got a job, not even the one I was interviewed for, but a better one. It's been a good day

BRING ORION BACK

S P A C E
P
E

This is deliciously ironic considering what happens in Action Comics this week.

These are pretty good covers

COOL YOUR JETS

I like this cover only because 1 Kryptonian can easily take on 10 Lanterns for a good while.

I've always considered the Muskateers (Hal, Kyle, John, Guy) to be Superman level.

I do too but I don't think DC does

Also Zod is on a planet with two yellow suns so I guess he's double powered

Well not only that but there were three (and a half) Superman level threats that attacked Hal and Kyle. It was a numbers thing

Idk, they should at least keep it consistent y'know? They've fought the likes of Larfleeze and ParallaxSinestro, they shouldn't be dying like flies to Kryptonians.

why? what happened?

What a sausage fest.
1 girl and over a dozen guys

There are 3 girls

Noooooo... I swear to god, if the Guardians don't fly in next issue and just turn the suns red, effectivly trapping them on this world forever and instead turn to the old Guardians I will rip some writer apart.

I agree with them, if they make a frontal attack will be deads among the corps.

>You can put the fighter pilot in containment but you can't contain the fighter pilot
I like this. I like how bad it is