But here on Sakaar

But here on Sakaar...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2y2CiMvjp_o
comicbook.com/marvel/2017/10/31/thor-ragnarok-grandmaster-collector-future-movie/
youtube.com/watch?v=xLvkFer6aOY
youtube.com/watch?v=51iiXe-9gYU
youtube.com/watch?v=RaS8q2nscJU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Jeff Goldblum runs a fucking arena where superheroes and ayys beat each other up on a a wacky ayy planet
>cate blanchett wants to rule the world has a zombie army
Which movie would you like to see?

So. He fucked Loki right?

Yes he was Loki’s sugar daddy but also goldblum being his weird self

I’m glad he survived and managed Tobi make it to Earth

…you don't have to tell me twice

>IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

BOTH!

I downloaded and watched this movie with my roommate and it was nearly his birthday and the movie got to that part just after midnight.

We were very high so it was incredibly cool.

>IT'S MY BIRTHDAY

If the time is so fucky on Sakaar, how does the Grandmaster know when his birthday is?

He knows when he arrives and just goes by Sakaaran days/his own clock since that’s more relevant to him that actual time in normalspace.

>Kate Blanchett takes part in Jeff Goldblum's gladiatorial orgies with Hulk and Valkyrie

>Flesh for Fantasy starts playing on my Spotify just as I click on this gif

Is the Grandmaster some powerful cosmic being or just some guy in these movies?

Most probably just some guy, but he's so eccentric it's hard to tell for sure

He and the Collector seem to just be normal space wierdos, the only vauge connection being color strips on their chins/mouths

Isn't he alluded to be ancient? Like having lived way longer than a mere mortal would?
Although considering Valkyrie looks 30 despite supposedly being older than anyone on Asgaard save for Hela and Odin, maybe it's just Sakaar thing.

And really the Valkyrie thing confuses me. They were supposedly all wiped out before Thor was even born, so how come he says he idealized them as a kid? Did I miss something?

And the pointy white hair. And the hanging around in robes.

The post credits scene is him crawling out of an escape pod and trying to bullshit his way out of getting lynched by some scavengers so i guess he's not powerfull in any way.

Jeff. Not only do you get his great antics, you can throw in as many cameos as you want. Hell I want it for Beta Ray Bill becoming champion alone.

they were legends
Grandmasters is more silver and anyone can wear anything but sure

LIFE UH youtube.com/watch?v=2y2CiMvjp_o

It was just a Sakaar thing, which however still doesn't eliminate the possibility of him being more than normal mortal

As for Valkyries, they could have just been a mythical or even historical figures for Thor, it still allows him to idolize them.

I seem to recall someone saying they're brothers in this universe? Would love to see them both out-weird each other on screen.

He's also most probably crazy though

>Implying he doesn't just randomly decide to celebrate his birthday when he feels like it

>anyone can wear anything
No shit, anyone can wear a strip of makeup on their chin too,
Also they both own slaves and like SPACEimens.

>"It would be awesome man. It would be great," said Feige during an interview with Fandango. "We love the idea that they're brothers. If you go on the Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout attraction at California Adventure in Anaheim, you will see a picture on Collector's wall of he and the Grandmaster playing some sort of a space chess game, which right now is the only place you can see the two of them in a frame together, but let's hope that changes someday."
comicbook.com/marvel/2017/10/31/thor-ragnarok-grandmaster-collector-future-movie/

Wait, did this look like if it was taken straight from a 60s sci-fi movie in the cinema as well? I know this was probably the purpose, but I genuinely remembered it as looking better. Or at least much more modern anyway.

Ha! I remembered right. That picture puts a huge fucking grin on my face. I NEED a movie with these two.

Yeah it's probably this

That's actually pretty cool, these 2 are arguably the best part of their respective movies.

If you mean the CGI they don't bother polishing it for deleted scenes for obvious reasons.
If you mean set design and costume, no it looks pretty much the same, give or take a couple of neon lights and fluffy aliens.

This is a deleted scene so the cgi is unfinished

Ah, all right, I meant mostly the backgrounds. That explains it

youtube.com/watch?v=xLvkFer6aOY

God I love watching him do his thing

But during the Stone Age...

Goldblum is a fucking treasure

The set design was very retro, but it still looks better on the finished scenes. There's all sorts of editing tricks they do to scenes even if there's no obvious CG in them.

youtube.com/watch?v=51iiXe-9gYU

But... that's not how you do it. You just do the signing thing in the air, you don't pull out your pretend noteapad and sign into your hand.

If only they could have split Ragnarok into two Thor movies instead of trying to mesh them together. I would’ve preferred one film to just have fun gladiator shenanigans and another based around Thor, Loki and their family issues in Asgard. So much of the settings and characters would have been better fleshed out, but oh well.

Yeah, if there's one MCU movie that feels like it rushes through its plot it's Ragnarok.
I guess at least it doesn't meander like the previous Thor movies.

And Asgardians are just humans in kinda viking gear.

They've been confirmed as brothers, yeah. Also both are hundreds of years old at the very least.

Both is good.

on sakaar=feels/functions like 2 weeks
off sakaar=actually 2 minutes

>Execution scene was the most boring and cliche scene in the movie
Should've just kept the Yondu versionin.

Every day is birthday for the grandmaster.

>spoiler
Ok, I'll bite. The what again?

youtube.com/watch?v=RaS8q2nscJU
Sound for this version is a bit off, BTW.

Did they seriously brought Yondu's actor in full make up and shit to the set just to film this one joke scene that was never supposed to make it in anyway?

fucking rooker man

Awaiting gag implying Darryl bit it after bounty hunters and vengeful people came looking for Grandmaster.

Apparently the GOTG guys were doing some new scenes for a seasonal variant of the Mission: Breakout ride and Thor was filming at the same place, so Rooker decided to come on set and fuck around.