Now I understand why he has a sleepy person for his avatar

Now I understand why he has a sleepy person for his avatar.

At this point I don't even care anymore. It's not like the show gets enough episodes on a regular basis for me to be enthusiastic about it, even if the art was consistent.

Plastic Man is more consistent than Steven.

Well, I kinda agree with that statement. I mean, if youdon't like the inconsistency, just don't watch the show.

It's one thing to say a critic, but once the artist as heard you and told you whether or not he will do something about it, if he say he is fine like that and won't change the stuff you pointed out, either stop following his work or accept it.

Screeching like an autist because the artist won't obey to your word and comment is the most pointless thing to do. Let him fall in popularity and loose more and more public interest, if you think that's what he'll got. IT's far more effective that ranting about them everyday and keep bringing attention to them.

are these on model?

>you're not allowed to complain about the obvious declining art
k

This show started when I was spraying hotels for bedbugs. I dint know what made my skin crawl more.

>black person loves quotes that excuse laziness
Not surprising.

>one make a complain
>other listen to complain and provide answer
>the answer is in conflict with your opinion
WHAAAA WHY AM I NOT ALLOWED TO COMPLAIN?!??

Seriously, though, if they listend to you and answered to you,it defacto means you are allowed to complain. Just because they will not do what you would want them to doesn't mean you are deprived of your freedom.

I am becoming more and more sick of this self-victimisation attitude whenever someone doesn't get what he want.

>You'll never see a new episode of comfy magitech adventuring SU
>They'll never be another Giant Woman
How did they drop the ball so hard?

Bottom left is Asterix and Obelix, right? What's the bottom right?

Lucky Luke and the Dalton Brothers.

Daltons and Lucky luck.

I'm getting HxH vibes

This has nothing to do with him being black, go back to Sup Forums please and stay there thank you

I think I'll stay here and offend you further.

Did people send him memes that basically go against this flawed logic? If so how did he react?

I haven't been following this that closely so I have two questions:
1. Why are creators just now starting to act all defensive about this? Did some twitter response trigger them or something?
2. Why does Sup Forums pretend these cartoons going off model is worse than the sterile, tweened flash shit we had in the 2000s

is this loss?

>1. Why are creators just now starting to act all defensive about this?

Addressing a fan's complain isn't what Iwould call being defensive. They interact with fans on a regular basis, that question come up here an there.

How does it feel to be so unfunny?

We can't all be like your mother. Who made the biggest joke of all time.

Short answer is it's his decision as a show runner same with sugar,do I think it's shitty yes,do I think the shows would get a better rep if they were stricter show runners yep,end of the day it's there decision.Also I swear we've had this thread before a couple dozen times.

Yea but there is always some idiot coming out to defend being a bit lazy.

XDDD

we have this thread multiple times a day

>People think they're lazy
>People not realizing they're just plain bad at drawing

>always some idiot coming out to defend being a bit lazy.
I am 200% certain the people who keep making new threads again and again an again are actually the one who are discontent with that kind practice. Those who are okay with that most likely do'nt even think about bringing that matter back on the board.

Talking more that they find some animator quoting that diatribe and make a new tread about it not that OP actually supports the animator. Least most the time.

what
not trying to be a victim, the consistent declining art quality is a problem that would be better to fix than to just keep making the same bad excuses. it does impact the show quite a lot. e.g. Yellow Diamond's intro would've been 10000x better if the episode wasn't so fucking ugly.

Go ahead faggot

>Hiatus x Hiatus

Why is this giving me nostalgia for running disk defrags?

>the consistent declining art quality is a problem that would be better to fix than to just keep making the same bad excuses
You fight that decline by being a better artist yourself and trying to make more well known art you consider of quality.

You do not do that by complaining about artist that have chosen to no listen to ou. In any case, you do not state that an artsit not following your suggestion is like being "forbidden to complain".

>criticism shouldn't exist and artist's shouldn't listen to them
Then how's anything supposed to improve? I enjoy SU but I'm not going to pretend the art is good by virtue of it existing. that's participation award tier complacency with mediocrity. Whether they listen or not their art is shit. that's all.

>You fight that decline by being a better artist yourself
what
the
fuck

I'm not breathing down SU-crew's team. It would be nice if they realized themselves their show is ugly and actually shaped up though, maybe start using a fucking reference sheet or anything to make it just a bit of consistency so characters don't rapidly change appearances between shots (...like Yellow Diamond in Message Received).

I like Ian, but he is way to lax about shit. Kinda explains why KO is sort of a mess with the weird political and furry episodes in with dumb shit

>what
>the
>fuck
how is his statement wrong? That's what literally any artist should strive for

>>criticism shouldn't exist and artist's shouldn't listen to them
Absolutely, in no fucking way, what I said, at all.

Here is what I said
-people can criticize (here, straight opposition of what you made me said)
-it's always better if the artist listen (quite in opposition of what you made me said)
BUT
-that doesn't mean the artist always has to agree with you, nor that you are always right in your criticism
-it's the right of the artist to not change his way, after he has listened
-The critic who has been listened, should not make a piss rant about not being listened but instead
--should try to do better art himself
--try to promote artists who he actually consider are doing a better work.
>Then how's anything supposed to improve?
Like I said
-by doing better work yourself
-by promoting artist that you do think are doing the right thing.

>it's the right of the artist to not change his way, after he has listened
Then the problem still remains and thus the criticism still applies and will continue to apply. not listening doesn't make the problem go away. You don't have to be five star chef to know when something tastes bad, you don't have to be a better artist to know when something looks bad. OKKO is chicken scratch. just because Ian is okay with that doesn't make it less chicken scratch.

>(...like Yellow Diamond in Message Received).
I see literally nothing wrong with that one. I mean, the facial expression were hilarious in that one.

FUCKING THIS

>Then the problem still remains
There is no fucking problem.

An artsit isn't a slave master who has to tazer an artist the moment he does something he should not like. The right thing to do is just let him be and either accpet that flaw you see and keep enjoying the rest of their work, or to simply move one and stop following his work. If he is really bad, the rest of the audience will do the same.

Meanwhile, you move on and find better artist you consider actually do the right things. But you do not complain an artist isn't alway doing eveyrthing you told him to do, especially after he has taken the time to listen and answer to your critic.

Accepting critics doesn't means always agreeing.

>be the change you want to see in the world
Admirable. But the show runner literally mocked someone saying this by insulting their criticism.

>not listening doesn't make the problem go away
Pssst, user, pssst

pssst

You know what else doesn't make the problem go away? Complaining on the internet that the artist didn't follow your adivse.

I didn't mean it as an insult, it's just Sup Forums has been complaining about this forever and only recently has there been any response from creators, just wondering what changed.

A critic should, at the very least, accept to be critiqued.

Also, there is insult and there is teasing.

No, its obvious theyre being lazy and people expect more from this show. Grow a brain and stop licking the crews ass and develop your own opinion without them

I'm not going to pretend the problem doesn't exist just to make bad artist and fanboys feel better. You're going to know the art is chicken scratch for as long as the art is chicken scratch. Don't like that? find a hugbox to cry in.

Him not accepting that it's chicken scratch doesn't make it less chicken scratch. I don't care if he's okay with being a bad artist, he's still a bad artist. and I'm going to go on and on about how shit he is until he improves or the show ends. because reality doesn't stop being reality just because it upsets you. cry me river.

Not him, but I know you have a pissy little little artist mentality that everything should be ideal and perfect, but let me break something down for you the world is chaotic and rarely is it eve perfect. And oh need to accept that instead of whining like an entitled little shit.

I'm not an artist
I agree the SU artists should actively work to improve their own artwork, though. Instead of just wallowing in it because muh style.

I liked that shot but I didn't like how she looked through the episode

>There is no fucking problem.
There is though. You can not care about the problem but there is still one

>the rest of the audience will do the same.
and they are, OK KO gets shit ratings and will be lucky to get past S2. Maybe if they acted on criticisms the show would do much better. We don't want these shows to fail and then the only stuff on air to be TTGO, that is the world they are creating and it actually makes it harder for others. Do you think if an cartoon fails they just always replace it with another that fills the same niche? No, it discourages them cause the suits go well a carton of X genre obviously just isn't popular. So shit like this actively hurts the industry

>No, its obvious theyre being lazy and people expect more from this show. Grow a brain and stop licking the crews
i am not licking their ass, but once they have said they won't do what you recommend them, there is not much point keeping ranting about it.

it doesn't matter the reason for it, what matter is they won't follow your recommandation.

It means things are up to you, and you have two choice:
-either deal with it and keep watching despite of their choice to not take your advise
or
-stop following their work and instead find an other show that is actually up to your liking.

There is literally nothing else you can do.

> don't care if he's okay with being a bad artist, he's still a bad artist. and I'm going to go on and on about how shit he is until he improves or the show ends.
spoiler warning, user: that won't change shit

It might surprise you, but whining on the internet about artists not following your advise is usually poorly effective. It will be energy wasted for nothing whereas you could use it to promote artists doing things up to your standards, is instead. With far better odds to yield a better result.

I don't think they were teasing, especially when he was asked about it IJQ seemed pretty upset.

>There is though. You can not care about the problem but there is still one
An artist not doing what you would like you to do is never a problem.
>and they are, OK KO gets shit ratings and will be lucky to get past S2
Then let it be. You won't change a thing by whining about it. your word of complain reached their hear, there is nothing else you can do beyond that.

A man is free to make their own decision and live with the consequences of it.

Sorry pal, but looks like you're just as bad at judging character as you are animation quality. A little off model for the sake of fluidity or expressiveness isn't a problem and there's no such thing as perfect animation. The problem with KO and to a lesser extent SU is that the art is consistently ass. There's no standard of quality control in place which no matter how you slice it is a problem. Steven looks like different little boys in a steven outfit in the exact same episodes because no one uses reference sheets and KO and pals rarely look human which sucks because lakewood plaza turbo didn't look like chicken scratch.

This isn't even an artistic choice as there's no manner of consistency or reason. it's literally just a complete disregard for quality because consistency is too hard for these lazy showrunners who are too afraid of conflict with the nutjobs (ahem Zuke) they hired to rope them in and keep them on task.

>they won't follow your recommandation.
You don't know that, stop pretending that nobody can ever change their mind about something. By your own logic it is pointless to complain about people who complain. That logic gets us no where and adds nothing to the conversation.

You also don't know that someone else may see it and improve their work. You forget that this isn't only a direct conversation between us and the animator, a third party can see this and learn how to improve their own work and avoid the mistakes of others. If anything a third party is more likely to be engaged and learn something than the creator. Meaning by your own logic of be the change you want then that can be achieved with criticisms.

agreed

there's also a broader point about people not understanding art is subjective. I mean, people DO understand this already, but forget it when it comes to art direction they don't like. Wanting SU to "improve" isn't going to result in on-model episodes, its going to mean the artists try harder to achieve goals they set for themselves. Apparently, being on-model isnt one of those goals, so you have to just accept the art direction isnt for you

>You don't know that,
In this case, I actually know, because the have actually answered to the critic and outright said they won't change how they do thing in regard to that aspect.

From that point on, complaining is pointless.

I am, sissy boy. Don't make me put you in a dress and fuck you.

Apparently this is fine then. Thanks Ian!

And that's why you don't give the mentally challenged jobs.

no

They're not on model, they're just recognizable color schemes within context.

>NAvery
I hate running into people I don't talk to anymore on other parts of the net, and it keeps happening. Having niche interests sucks.

But yeah, Ian is right here.

You're allowed, we just disagree.

ohohoho~

Looks like it needs a defrag.

Lazy prick.

Thanks for bumping this thread up from page one million

You're welcome thread police.

y-yes daddy

This is why Mcgruder > Ian

>they can't keep bland animation on model.

Point 1. Because the model breaking several of these creators do isn't really exaggeration or an actual style shift and more actual inconsistencies with the designs like heights and proportions

Point 2. True, but that doesn't mean that Sup Forums can't hate more than one thing.

Even HxH is being updated with greater regularity than Steven Universe is now.

It more often than not is exageration in OK KO's case so it's okay there.

F

I keep hearing heavy metal every time I look at this.

HxH is old news now anyway. World Trigger is the new hiatus flavor of the decade.

I like OK K.O. and Ian but this is one of his more genuinely retarded quotes. Staying consistent can be hard but I don't get how people fuck up on SU-level. Do they not have height charts anymore?

At this point I just can't care about this show.

It's so long between content, and the pacing for the overarching plot is so badly handled that when we do get episodes they might give us maybe a small bit of relevant content out of a few episodes.

I also hate how the show has pretty much moved away from the crystal gems a lot, and how lapis and peridot have morphed into totally different characters.

It's like it's a different show altogether.

Please dont insult bobunemimimi by comparing it with this shit.

no more cancerous su fandom by 2019

god I wish that were me

Remember when we used to make fun of bad webcomics for nonsensical proportions, poor perspective, and inconsistent character designs. Remember when these things were universally considered bad and roundly mocked whenever they showed up? Remember when bad artists who kept making excuses were called out on their bullshit and rightly bullied and mocked? Remember when actual animation studios with actual contracts with actual broadcasters had standards and defended them? Sure, they weren't perfect, and they certainly fudged things when there was an exceptionally tight schedule, but still.

Remember when CWC was a pariah and outlier instead of the sign of things to come that he's retroactively become? When did the animation industry decide to model themselves after CWC?

At this point, I'd say it's more like defending dobson. The jump between the two would be very short.

I might not have explained myself clearly earlier. Yes the animation is bad, but when the artist acknowledges it and still shits out his shitty cartoon, you have to accept that he showrunner is shit and drop it. The world is imperfect in the fact that people won't accept criticism and they are too far gone. Which means here's nothing you can do.

Wait, what the fuck? This looks so much better than the current episodes.

There's probably a middle line, because SU's art is more like 'you only recognize the character because they're a different color than every other character', especially later on when Sugar starts to lose it.

The new Mickey Mouse shorts and Devilman Crybaby are good modern examples of off-model, not your shitty doodles, Ian.

>there is not much point keeping ranting about it.

And yet here you are, ranting in an even more futile and stupid fashion. Why don't you shut the fuck up?

if you drop it that implies it okay to be shit. never stop giving shit to shit. they deserve the backlash