Uh oh, are we fucked?

uh oh, are we fucked?

While Sup Forums is increasingly reported on by mainstream media, we know little about how it actually operates and how instrumental it is in spreading hate on other social platforms. That’s why my colleagues and I decided to study Sup Forums – analysing 8m posts posted since June 20, 2016 – in an attempt to measure some of the impact it’s having on the rest of the internet.

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/Sup Forums-raids-how-one-dark-corner-of-the-internet-is-spreading-its-shadows-a7416631.html

Other urls found in this thread:

checkmyprivilege.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HI MUM, I'M ON THE TELLY!

>tfw we are anonymous
>tfw this is the cumulative backlash that people were not expecting

They can't subvert us. Because all of Sup Forums is simply fucking chaos

Even if they subvert us it would be temporary because somebody will meme about something else and people will jump on that bandwagon and forget whatever happened before

Pissing in an ocean of piss to dirty it is pointless

why does every fucking normie think we are a bunch of dark edgy people wearing hoodies

Wow, it's not often you read a news article on Sup Forums that realises there are different boards. It seems fairly well researched.

Why are you worried about people reading Sup Forums though? You know this entire board is backed up on 4plebs right?

They can analyze the posts but without joining in they'll never understand it

pfft baha god damnit youre gonna make me wake up my room mates

> I decided to study Sup Forums – analysing 8m posts posted since June 20, 2016

barely fills a fucking article.

This. Also the fact that a sizable portion of Sup Forums comes from ethnicities and backgrounds as varied as Sup Forums, including LGBT and femanon posters from around the world means they can't do shit.

Can I be on tv pls

>why does every fucking normie think we are a bunch of dark edgy people wearing hoodies
or 400 lbs hackers sitting in our parents basement

They can't handle the idea that regular people would disagree so vehemently with them and cause so much "hate"

Post an archive or picture of the article you retarded Fucking shill I am not giving your dumb Fucking article as revenue

also the fact they've been here since june 20

>not wearing a dark hoodie

You mean you don't have your hacking gloves on right now?

we aren't fucked, they are. when the normies wander in and get a belly full of red pills, we become stronger and the conventional media becomes weaker.

working class whites voted for trump because of how they saw him supporting their needs, like jobs and security. "alt-right" weirdos weren't very influential or subtracted from the cause

The two worst-case scenarios that can actually happen:

>1) Jewgle/Skyperosoft creates an advanced AI which can detect alt-right trolls/websites and shadow-ban them completely. This is already confirmed to be in the works.
>2) Sup Forums gets targeted by a massive cyber-attack and goes offline.

We are a board of peace

mfw It's 2016 and people still care about Sup Forums

>Why are you worried about people reading Sup Forums though?

Reading it? They could be running learning algorithms on it to predict how we're going to act. The more data they get, the more accurate their predictions become.

It's how Google is so good at learning stuff. It's how advertising works so well.

Quick, lets spread the lie that Sup Forums is le ebil dark webz, and that if a normie comes here their internet machine will get a virus and the FBI will arrest them for terrorism.

oi m8 u got a tv license fur taht y eh?

Here's Sup Forums raids in the past 7 years:
>it sure would be epic for the win if someone raided this person lol
>lol yeah but I'm not going to do anything
>come on be a bro, even though I'm not doing anything either

>tfw we are anonymous
>anonymous

LOL

>this is what we actually look like

>It's how advertising works so well.
Too bad everything they show is fucking junk.

I hope this happens

Striesand effect will red pill the world fucking once and for all

ayo hol up.
You be sayin
you be sayin
if we suddenly change our board tone it'd completely rupture their algorithms n shiet?

I am right now

Did they learn about Mummy cummies, Asian masculinity, and HORSED?

L-L-Laurence is that you?

POL IS A BOARD OF PEACE
THIS IS DISCRIMINATION!
I DEMAND MY CIVIL RIGHTS!

> screenshot of message linking person to the board

i'm wearing a dark hoodie rn

"Sup Forums" means "peace".

Normies don't care, the guy is wasting his time.

>not using an adblock
OP is a faggot though you're right

So when we start seeing straw polls asking what race/ethnicity we are we're just gonna say we're all Somalian right?

Guys, how does all this 2016 exposure compare to the Exploding Van fallout of '07?

Lame, you need to get a cloak tailored from the foreskins a hundreds of goyim.

Top kek.

To think they want to shut it down. At least here we are all in one place. Do you really want us spread out where its harder to read the situation.

Hope they don't come after my rare pepes

Sup Forums has a long, rich history of people getting all worked up over it and thinking some puff piece will finally be its downfall
I think its readily apparent nothing is going to kill this site besides itself. Our weakness is our strength: The site is held together by some of the scummiest, shadiest and autistic people on earth- and they do it voluntarily, God bless.

If the site didn't get shut down after leaking like a gorillian nudes of famous celebrities in what was clearly an illegal act, its not getting shut down because some popup article from- what rag is that, 'the Independent'? Yeah, really shaking here.

Nah. More cannon fodder for the meme wars.

Its not us, but it is our sphere of influence that is spreading. For example as much as it's fun to take credit, r/the_donald did far more to help promote Trump than Sup Forums itself did, but that subreddit is essentially our 'colony'.

its a hate symbol, ofc they will come after them

Dark corner?
Is it really?
And which one is worse now:
Sup Forums or Sup Forums (in their eyes)?

Who is this "we" you speak about?
And why all of this "racism" suddenly?

Look, there are diferences between "races", but nothing a sane individuum could get around.
The 'divide et impera' works no more. Not in such stupid way.

"We" evolved, time for the establishment to evolve too. Or perish.

>it's a parallel universe for shitposting.

That was just Trump naming the Sup Forumsew

I'll also add, a lot of us used to be leftists, totally demoralized until we found Sup Forumss loving embrace.

But we didn't leak the nudes, we just distributed them. The Fappening was initiated by the shadow government to further exploit their mind controlled clowns (celebs).

I understand the concept but realistically Sup Forums is easy to predict anyway, 8m posts isn't a lot and it's a public website anyway so people have been able to read this for years.

Now that they've lost the left basically has to deal with us at least on some level. The problem with that is that the only ways to actually do that are either to actually debate us, which the left cannot do without repeating canned robotic lines and identity politics which will just get them memed on here, or to attempt to completely shut down our discourse through removal of Sup Forums or complete shutdown of Sup Forums.

So they'll study us in effort to find or create cracks, to out meme the memers.

Sup Forums is a family friendly message board.

SHIT GUYS THE MEDIA IS ONTO US FOR THE 500TH TIME

ABORT ABORT

This article could really be titled. "Sup Forums fun: How a fun and interesting discussion board is sharing it's contagious hijinx."

It's 100% the opinion of the author, characterizing Sup Forums as 'dark', 'spreading shadows', etc. Yet they present this narrative as if it's truth, and they're here to warn you.

Modern journalism is garbage. I'm sure this shit happened in the past, but it's fucking blatantly trash nowadays.

Fucking Masons.
Gas the Masons!

Where do we go if Sup Forums/pol/ dies again? 8ch? Lainchan?

We Watch Dogs now.

Oh no, our public board is exposed to the public. Hi mum ~

>analysing the nonsense on a Nepalese Kraftwerk fanfic forum

I just took my dark hoodie off, but I'm still cast in shadows.

dafuq is Sup Forums?

>the independent

>since June 20, 2016
Newfags

muhuhahahahahaha

This is just that UN report that we found a few months back reformatted to look like an article.

Junk, but how accurate is it? Do you use adblock? I'm not just referring to the Sup Forums ads. I'm talking about, for instance, Google ads. They know what city you live in, what you are searching for, and what shops are nearby your house.

WE

>Postin pepes n shiieet
>we trump nah see wham sayin?
>moog fugga bix nood

E B A U M ' S W O R L D
B
A
U
M
'
S

W
O
R
L
D

If they have enough data, no.
It also depends on how many style markers they analyse us on.

For instance, they can measure how often we use capital letters, how many spaces we use, the timing between posts, the % proportion of countries posting etc

WUZ

Took me months of lurking to understand the culture of this place.

Press normies will get shocked out of their skins at the most blatant of baiting shitposts, and will completely miss what we're actually talking about. They won't see the forest for the trees.

Get REEEEE'd upon.

8ch or Gab.

There's a big Sup Forums presence on Twitter, but they are culling the bigger accounts.

>Sup Forums is easy to predict anyway
Not to the untrained eye, and not to such a level that a machine could get.

They'd be able to take any comment from ANY website online, and determine whether or not that user uses Sup Forums.

You checked your privileges yet? The Independent must also check its privileges. Cis shitlord scum.

checkmyprivilege.com/

Let them report it, we'll just turn it up to 11 and have them unironnically reporting about a bunch of hentai nerds summoning an Egyptian God using the power of Internet memes and random number generators being the reason Trump won.

Honestly if they report accurately about this place normies will call just bullshit and their credibility will be fucked even further.

>internet hackers
It's that time of the year again !

>dem qts

I want.

>Sup Forums is so dark and mysterious no one can explain it

This shit is hilarious. We're out in the open posting frog memes and they're shitting their pants thinking we're some sort of shadow cabal.

>analized 8m posts
>could only make that short-ass shitty article
>couldn't even see how the Google shit was forced as fuck and was obviously not going to last

Top lel, yet these fuckers won't dare touch the Podesta shit.

>mfw pizza store front came up in image captcha

IT'S HAPPENING!!!

>why does every fucking normie think we are a

I wear a hoodie you cunt.

Kek, who made the comment about their wifes son?

Project Tay is going to be unleashed upon Sup Forums.
Though Tay will be rewired as a super SJW shitposter.
Sup Forums will fall unless the real Tay comes to shitpost back.
This will happen in Sup Forumss darkest hour.

>I am literally a prophet

LIVE AND LEARN
HANGING ON THE EDGE OF TOMORROW

Kek protects us from prying eyes. He is the lord of darkness after all.

Here is the issue: we were incredibly productve before the shilling, then produced nearly zero for months while the shilling was dominating the board. When we had 3 shill-less days, we did the #draftourdaughters meme very successfully. Shills returned, and we did nothing.

We can be killed with shilling. Idon't know how an anonymous board can defend against that. We will be attacked hard and constantly during the 2018 elections and need to find a counter.

Does this mean the hucow fetish is mainstream?

So the more shitposts we throw in to dilute the actual planning and plotting, the less likely they are to pin us down?
Brilliant plan, Aus! Sounds like a job for your countrymen.

I thought 7 proxies would be enough.

>We know who you are now, Emiliano De Cristofaro.

Who's this faggot?

*teleports behind you*
Nothing personnel, kid.

We need to work out ways to entrap and out the shills.

no