American power point

>american power point
>can't turn them on or off
lmao, how do you turn things off to stop them from drawing power? LMAO

Even for an auspost, this is weak.

They don't draw power if nothing is plugged in.
>aus
Oh.

They don't use power unless they're plugged in I thought.

Also you can disconnect that one and buy one that has a testing feature at a hardware store here. If you hit test, it will disable power.

Powered by pure freedom

WTF?

>use wall switch
or
>use power button on appliance

Most draw such a minimal power it doesn't matter

Use RCD

Are you retarded or under age?

classic emerald..

PowerPoint is software you dummy.

quality shitpost

that aside, they can be wired to switches to be turned on or off, the old house I lived in was like that

>im finished watching tv
>better move my entire fucking tv cabinet and pull the plug out of the wall to save power

If they power isn't being drawn, where are they going to store it all? They dont make batteries that big

you have to physically unplug them?

>well time for bed
>better walk about the house any yank out all my power cables

LMAO

Flip the wall switch to cut off power or turn off the appliance. Both stop the flow of electricity.

>wall switch

Start pullin your own weight little brother Australia

what wall switch?

because knowing is half the battle faggots

So you have 2 sets of wall boards for every outlet? One with the plug and one with the switch for that one with the plug?

>Turn device off
>Power use becomes negligible
Wow it's fucking nothing.

china best ally

British plugs have an on/off switch too.

This thread is the hardest an Australian has ever worked in history.

Which one looks like the
Flux capacitor

tsk tsk tsk

>millions of appliances all using small amounts of useless power
>still wonders why the US has trillions of $ of debt

Jap and Russian plugs have no ground, or am I missing it?
>Denmark plug
:D

Isn't it meant to protect against issues during electrical storms though? Being able to turn off any supply without unplugging everything?
IDK.

I don't think you understand how electricity works...

do you guys have high electric bills or something? I only pay $70 a month for my place, 2 bedrooms 1 bathroom.

ITT poorfags who can't pay off their electricity bills

with the power switches/buttons on the devices that are plugged in, perhaps?

are you mentally retarded?

If you have to walk around your house and flip switches on your outlets it's the exact same as unplugging shit...

i blame the british prison system

how does italy not plug theirs in the wrong way around?

>> Stupid little feature you haven't got. Let me act all superior over nothing.

Fuck off.

FWIW, British plugs have the fucking switches and meh. Who gives a shit, it is a fucking wall plug.

>China tier
Go figure.

No, most outlets aren't switched. Usually they're switched if that outlet is dedicated to a lamp. Sometimes just one of the two will be switched, just depends on how it was planned and wired.

Schuko/german plug master race
Want to disconnect the cable?
Just pull out the fucking socket because the cable won't come out

FIRST turn off the power at the circuit breaker to your whole house/apartment. You will die if you don't do this.

See the screws? Unscrew those two and then there will be some more on the inside. You take the whole outlet out and put in the new one with the testing feature. Then hit test and don't push reset, and the power will disconnect to that particular outlet. You can safely hit test/reset with the circuit breaker connected as well.

If you go to the hardware store they will know which one to give you. Just say you want the one that has a test and reset feature. I forgot what it's called it has a fancy name.

Do you understand how to read this chart? The average for an "Off" device is 0-5w in most cases, 5-8w for the worst ones.
Even if I left 10 5w devices plugged in and off, that would be 36kWhr/mo, which is less than $3 where I live.

Nah its optional, for outlets supplying corner lamps basically. Like a regular light switch. Really the Aussie outlet looks like an abbo came up with it because they couldn't figure out their radio.

Just plug it out and stick pair of nails into it holding them in both hands. That should do it!

>the most boring generic plug
>small as poo penis
>trying really hard to see the wringing hands here
>happiest plug
>spooky plug
>upside down snowman head
>cute chicken plug
>he forgot how to be happy
>insert fork here plug
>SJW plug
>confused robots plug
>little green men plug

>he has to turn off his fucking outlets
feels good having dirt cheap power

>CHINKPOSTERS

Just as bad in aus i see

So rather than a simple standardized switch you have to pay an electrician for the privilege of being able to actually turn off your appliances.

Kek.

>the abbo uses stick to turn off outlet

Ha ha ha! Inferior.

What? I paid 120$ for 60days in Febuary/May in a 4 and 1/2. Summer time was a buck a day.Including minimum charge of 30$

Australian plugs are honestly god-tier. This is objectively true. Prove me wrong, americunts and europoors.

Are you a fucking pussy or something? Never done basic DIY? Or does your fucking nanny state not allow you?

>>Aussie...

Done. Proved wrong.

stop getting triggered by our superior switches m8s

>celsius
>metric

Denmark is the happiest country so makes sense. I'm surprised the Japanese didn't design one as cute.

Are people really this poor in australia?

Ground fault circuit interrupt. It's for when you try to accidently an hero with a toaster or dryer in the bathtub.

> trusting amerilards not to electructe themselves.

Also burgers are probably too fat to get their hands in a hole made for an outlet or a switch to actually sort out the wires.

That's a bit hypocritical don't you think Dad? When do you have to reapply for your bi-annual knife licence renewal so you can butter bread?

Yeah, they had shit electronics too, that would start fires if left unattended and plugged in.

You think I'm joking.

I'm in Alaska and have electric everything, including heat. Right now it's 26 degrees out.

jews

We use the same plug as the chinks.

>doesn't understand economics, government spending, and ten cents worth of power every month.

>must be aus.

we like money so we can buy boats and motorbikes and other useless shit that we need

>Wanting a GFI breaker for every single receptacle, not just the ones near plumbing
WHY
H
Y

I want one called the fapper

Turn off your wifi if australian inventions are so shitty. Where'd your empire go friend? Sorry that your leaders spent so much time prepping the bull that they got the world stolen out from underneath them.

We have twice as many spots to plug in for the same space, compared to your abbo shit.

Daily reminder that UK plugs and outlets are objectively the best

That must be good for the studio apartments your families live in, wall space is a highly prized commodity when you're living in objective squalor.

I think burgers just keep their televisions on "24 7".

how can we be globalist if we can't decide on one outlet design

>Also burgers are probably too fat to...
Petrol fumes stifle your creativity.

>mfw americans use ungrounded plugs

Now I know you're lying, everyone knows Alaskaii, or however you call yourself, uses wooden logs battered in Grizzly bear fat, to heat their wooden cabins.

YOLO and shit

What province you in Canabro? I spent 2 winters in Ontario with electric heat, highest bill was $430 for 30 days. that included gas water hot water tank rental and sewer, but electricity was over $300 of it

Back in Alberta now, can't wait for that carbon tax and coal ending to make me pay more

I use the surge protectors, and turn those off. Do it with my foot.

What, you crawl behind your entertainment center to press a button on your electrical outlets?

>Well time for bed
>better crawl behind all my dressers and furniture to press a button

Do you do this?

2 gang box for only two sockets

Okay, serious answer. I lived in teh UK, and learned all about their plugs.

After WWII, there was a copper shortage. So they'd make the entire house one loop, to save copper, and fuses at each socket, or in the plug. The fuse in the plug still exists, for safety, and people like it.

The other reason is Brit houses are 220, not the safer 110 of American houses. Back in teh old days, 220 DC would arc when plugged in and out, so they had shields for the plugs, which evolved into the switches. They only exist today, because people like them. You can get unswitched outlets there. Our house was just about 1/2 switched/unswitched.

I don't know if it's still like this, but back then (late 70's), a lot of times when you bought appliances, it came with bare wires, no plug - you had to install your own - which was handy if the place where you were going to use it had one of the smaller two prong outlet.

If they made UK plugs smaller, they'd be great - but with how big they are, they're a pain in the ass. You should see the size of power strips in the UK!

Well, if you're fancy.

>tfw based 240 volts coursing through your house

Well guys, I leave all my appliances plugged in and my lights on and truned on 24/7 and my power bill is lower than anybody else's!
Find out how!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>www.iplugintomyneigboorsoutlet.kek

Only in older homes. Anything built or remodeled within the last quarter century or so has grounded outlets and GFCI outlets anywhere plumbing or outdoor water sources are present.

>the rest if the world will never know the pain of walking barefoot on an upturned plug
10x worse than walking on lego t.b.h.

You're thinking of china, who you share a plug type with.

One can not simply turn off white power.

I love our plugs, they're so happy.

lol I didn't even know american power points didn't have switches on them. That's pretty fucked up america

People still make power point presentations?

Lots of shit has right-angle plugs here, just depends on the product.

do stereos use heaps of power? my leccy bill this month was $300 and i think its because the stereo+sub has been on a lot

Oh, god. the pain.

And, as my younger brother and sister found out - they're wicked weapons to smack each other with.

But they're indestructable, most of them. I hated the ones we had that were that white or beige plastic - if they cracked, no glue would work on them.

This, I've done it twice. Fucking nasty.

kek