How Hyped are you for Marvel's next relaunch?

How Hyped are you for Marvel's next relaunch?

Do you think they'll listen to feedback and fix everything?

I hear they're going to make the Odinson into Thor once again.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TheBigBang_/status/967774679925690373
twitter.com/TheBigBang_/status/967777775531806720
multiversitycomics.com/news/nycc-17-grant-morrison-sideways/
comicbook.com/marvel/2018/02/28/ant-man-and-the-wasp-marvel-fresh-start/
cbr.com/immortal-hulk-bruce-banner-al-ewing-joe-bennett-interview/
newsarama.com/38812-cosmic-ghost-rider-taking-a-solo-ride-later-this-year.html
theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2018/02/we-who-love-america/553991/
bleedingcool.com/2018/02/28/jonathan-hickman-marvel-comics-shilling/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not very
no
a Thor maybe

What a fucking joke

It's gotten to the point where I see non-readers making jokes about the number of relaunches.

most of it is probably gonna stay sjw/feminist crap
so no

>How Hyped are you for Marvel's next relaunch?

Not in the slightest. Just like everyone else.

Fool me ten times, shame on you. Fool me eleven times...

I hope Disney makes an effort to have Marvel tie in the MCU to the newest relaunch

I have no faith in Marvel now. Frequent relaunches will do that

Not at all
No
So? Just reeks of depression at this point.

I've got Image, other indie publishers, DC and Manga. I don't need Marvel anymore

I only read DC, because I enjoy its stable continuity!

i enjoy watching marvel fail so i guess i'm looking forward to it

I havent followed any thor comics recently, how did that thing with magog go?

I only care about indie, webcomics, and Bitch Planet

I enjoy Company Wars shit-posting being rampant on Sup Forums so I fully support and bump this thread.
It's like Skub-posting, but better because it isn't ironic!

this.

>RU Hyped
nah.
>Do you think they'll listen
TNC is writing Cap, how could you ask this?
>Odinson is gonna be thor again?
he gets his cock back but no balls -er- I mean he gets his hammer back but Jane keeps the power from within.

>I enjoy its stable continuity!
I can't tell if this is supposed to be ironic shitposting or just shitposting. At this point it is stable, following a clutter > reboot >semi-rollback pattern.

>How Hyped are you for Marvel's next relaunch?

Not at all if the track record is any indication.

>Do you think they'll listen to feedback and fix everything?
twitter.com/TheBigBang_/status/967774679925690373
>But the only thing we've heard from customers are negative comments abut the upcoming FOUR mini-series they're doing to bring Wolverine back or something. Not a single excited person. How does Marvel screw up the return of WOLVERINE this bad?
twitter.com/TheBigBang_/status/967777775531806720
>Look at this remastered Kubert Variant for #HUNT FOR WOLVERINE #1! Isn't it awesome?! Yours if you order... ONE THOUSAND COPIES?!

Yeah, I'm not convinced Marvel will fix anything, at least not in a significant or meaningful way.

>At this point it is stable
I can't tell if this is willful stupidity or company shilling.

>Resetting is bad when Rivalsan Company does it!

>If you dont like BASED Marvel's fourth relaunch in 3 years you're a company wars shit poster

Just fuck off

Because they had their chance to reset with Legacy and they fucking blew it. How many chances am I supposed to give them?

Same writers swapped around to different books.

And pretty much every writer at marvel is trash.

I’ll give them that they might be wandering in the right direction by making their original heroes the focus, but they are still putting the same SJW idiots on the books so it’s probably gonna be shit.

You’ll have Cap apologizing for being white every issue, Spider-Man being a beta cuck, Iron Man respecting women and apologizing for anything playboyish he may say, and on and on with this garbage.

I think they need to fire most of their writing staff and do an actual reboot with some new talent.

Saying they've had four relaunches since 2015 is a stretch. The post Secret Wars reboot changed a lot of stuff up but the other two they bring up were just fall outs from the yearly BIG EVENT that didn't really change that much. The fourth is the upcoming one.

Personally I'm cautiously optimistic. This is the first big shakeup in a while that's actually accompanied by major staff change ups. If nothing else the major books getting new authors should have at least solid storyline or two before they go to hell again.

>Let me contribute to this haet thread about comics I don't buy/movies I don't buy tickets to/shows I skip watching!
>It's not contrarian shitposting at all!

>I-It's company wars guys!
>Pay no attention to the angry Marvel fans! They might be DC fans!
>Or how we've relaunched multiple times in the last six years!

Pathetic.

Oh it's a hate thread because people aren't excited for what Marvel is doing? I guess nobody is allowed to speak their mind anymore

>I hear they're going to make the Odinson into Thor once again.
It's kind of a monkeypaw wish considering how Thor looks like a pride parade reject and STILL doesn't have Mjolnir back. But I imagine that's movie synergy at play.

>I have no faith in Marvel now.
BUT WHAT ABOUT MARVEL NOW!!!(3)?

No, no and Thor was always Thor.

>Thor was always Thor.
t. guy who doesn't actually read comics

>I hear they're going to make the Odinson into Thor once again
I'll just leave this here:

Whor wasn't worth wasting time on.

>Not a single excited person
> Yours if you order... ONE THOUSAND COPIES?!

>4 relaunches in 3 years
Why

>waid on avengers
>aaron still on thor
i was expecting nothing and i'm still disappointed

>that's actually accompanied by major staff change ups.
Besides Bendis leaving, what major change up is there?

They should've started to fix things after CW2 was doing badly. When Fear Itself did badly and the New 52 was going on, at least Marvel reacted fast to do AvX and the first Marvel Now. A lot of it was crap but it actually got reader interest. They had to know that ANAD was not going over well with customers because retailers were reporting problems. But they let things drag out with CW2, Marvel Now 2, Secret Empire, and then did a barely half-assed fix with Legacy.

Of course you wouldn't want to give them another chance, they fucked up multiple times within two years.

>Do you think they'll listen to feedback and fix everything?

DC is taking full advantage of their slip up. Pic related is going to be written by Morrison this year

This is the real issue. All the approach changes in the world wont do shit so long as the bullpen of writers remain mediocre to bad.

Proof NAO

multiversitycomics.com/news/nycc-17-grant-morrison-sideways/

>>waid on avengers
That's not true, user

Google is your friend. He's going to be a co-writer

o right i fucked up sorry

It's ok, this thread was always going to be facts-lite.

>Jason Arron
Maybe Waid isn't so bad...

>Iron Man is a black teenage girl
>Thor is a woman
>Spider Man is black
>The Hulk is a Chinese teenager
>Captain America is black
The absolute state of Marvel. Any I'm missing?

Lang and Nadia:
comicbook.com/marvel/2018/02/28/ant-man-and-the-wasp-marvel-fresh-start/

You're about two relaunches late on the uptake

Honestly? I'm open to it.

The new #1 thing is a little annoying, but I get it. It's the new EIC's first big push. So I can deal with a relaunch if it means actual creative shake ups this time.

I'm very excited for Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman on Venom.

So glad Slott is done with ASM, and if the rumors are true, Nick Spencer (and possibly Ryan Ottley) are taking over. I still think Spencer's a pretty good writer even if he's an asshole on twitter. I really enjoyed both Superior Foes and Astonishing Ant-Man, and the Pymtron issue of Secret Empire.

Jason Aaron hasn't been good since before Original sin, so I'm admittedly disappointed to see him still doing Thor, but I like the Avengers team adding Robbie and Shulkie.

I'm indifferent to Coates on Cap. His Panther stuff was too slow for me, but maybe he's learned?

cbr.com/immortal-hulk-bruce-banner-al-ewing-joe-bennett-interview/

>Tony is back now
>Thor is back now
>Miles never replaced Peter
>Banner is back now
>Steve is back now

>Any I'm missing?
No, I think you deftly managed to be wrong about all of them:

Waid is worse though.

A lot sure happens in a year

Careful, I was warned by a Janitor for calling out this blatant Company Wars thread.
We apparently have a DC-friendly Janitor allowing this blatant shitposting.

>I'm very excited for Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman on Venom.
Right?

He's also going to do a mini with Franken-Rider In SPAAAAAAACE!
newsarama.com/38812-cosmic-ghost-rider-taking-a-solo-ride-later-this-year.html

It's cute how some people think it's DCfags whining when it's fed up ex-Marvel fags.

>I'm indifferent to Coates on Cap. His Panther stuff was too slow for me, but maybe he's learned?
Should be purdy too look at, at any rate.
theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2018/02/we-who-love-america/553991/

>he thinks Whor was only time Thor wasn't THE Thor
Go back to already

Wtf? Why would you relaunch your flag title with such shitty art? You can see instantly that there is no care or love.

Also, why I dont particularly mind muscle girls...did they do that to She-Hulk because she was too sexy for Marvel readers? They seem to be doubling down on sjw shit

>Nadia
Wew no thanks

Ladderfag, fuck off. You're nowhere near as skilled/utterly autistic as Lee when it comes to this shit.

>I can deal with a relaunch if it means actual creative shake ups this time
Rumor is Hickman's back ( they had a pic of him at the writer's summit ); which would go really really well with a Fantastic Four relaunch.
bleedingcool.com/2018/02/28/jonathan-hickman-marvel-comics-shilling/

>Ass blasted Whor is getting shit canned
Synergy always wins user.

Nope, still waiting for this.

I'm really holding out for them to announce some NEW writers/artists to be working for them. but what they've announced so far has at least piqued my interest.

The absolute shill of this post.

not happening Smallwood is busy with Vamperonica

>Nope, still waiting for this.

>Synergy always wins
Tell that to Marvel's falling sales numbers that are only buoyed by X-men and Venom, two anti-synergy properties.

>>Captain America is black
Well, no. But Peggy Carter is Cap in the new Exiles and I'm sure you can get some panties in a knot over that back home, right?
SALADIN AHMED (W) • JAVIER RODRIGUEZ (A)

The first issue wasn't too promising.

hahahah wow

That one's from the Puzzle Quest game, even.

Exiles is the perfect place for that sort of thing, though.

If Marvel is going to continue writing for trades they should just make every book a limited series

>I hear they're going to make the Odinson into Thor once again.
Wasn't this very predictable? I pretty much don't read American hero comics and I knew Jane Foster as Thor wasn't going to stick around for long(unless by a miracle she managed to become really popular, she didn't!) it's the "stablished character died or whatever and some OC is taking the mantle!buy and look inside!" publicity gimmick like the Supermen and Bat-Azrael all over again, the only cases "legacy" characters stick around is when the original is not a pop culture icon like Mar-Vell

>The first issue wasn't too promising.
If you say so, senpai.

>Also, why I dont particularly mind muscle girls...did they do that to She-Hulk because she was too sexy for Marvel readers? They seem to be doubling down on sjw shit
Mariko Tamaki's run on She-Hulk ended with Shulkie getting therapy and becoming her old green self again. With the proper amount of muscle. Aaron isn't having any of that though. You can see from this page that he still wants to virtue signal. This was published AFTER She-Hulk's book was no longer called "Hulk". You can bet money that Aaron will keep calling her "Hulk" too.

:(][)

>Exiles is the perfect place for that sort of thing, though.
Well, yeah. You know that, and I know that, and other people who actually read comics know that. But we're dealing with Sup Forumsntrarians here even before you factor in the consol wars.

It honestly seems like that's what they are openly doing now for the smaller stuff. Last year they got hate (from myself as well) for their "stealth-minis," books that were clearly designed for a single trade but were announced as ongoings (Kingpin, Elektra, Fury). This year though, they've been announcing those as actual miniseries. Spirits of Vengeance was five issues, and this Frank-Surfer thing and Multiple Man are also five-issue things.

Thats actually kinda hot. Poor Blink though. She looks like complete shit.

lmao they are at the cinema, hahaha just like us XD

>Shitty art
>Ed McGuinness

pick one.

Though I'll admit, I'm not a fan of how big that She Hulk is. He's drawn much better ones before

I’m glad that Slott is at least off Amazing Spider-Man. I just hope Spencer doesn’t take over (he probably will. In which I hope he’s the fun Superior Foes-Spencer and not the cringy Sam Wilson-Spencer).

Coates on Captain America is going to be terrible.

Aaron is still raping Thor. I don’t expect his Avengers run to be good.

Ewing on Hulk will be okay.

I’m interested to see if Duggan will get another book (alongside GotG) now that he’s leaving Deadpool.

I don’t care about Jean Grey being the leader of the X-Men. Logan’s return seems too much.

Slott’s Iron Man can’t be worse than Bendis’s.

ebin

>Nope, still waiting for this.
Not the exact same team up, but pretty close.

The all-powerful Sentry is back so up is the only way from here.

Thats breddy good, but I insist, that cover and numale Thor is awful

>anti-synergy properties
Disney is looking to buy FOX back. Venom is being shilled because of movies. Embrace the synergy or fall with all the other failed legacies.

>and I knew Jane Foster as Thor wasn't going to stick around for long(unless by a miracle she managed to become really popular, she didn't!)
Jane was Thor for almost 4 years. People died before the real Thor came back. Comic book companies went out of business. That's a long time.

I got tired of this shit three relaunches ago.

Shut the fuck up faggots. Our movie profits could bankroll entire third world countries and DCucks can't even garner cultural relevancy.

Proof again DC is cancer and should fuck off to Reddit permanently

What the fuck is a Ladderfag, I haven't been keeping up with the company war memes

>unless by a miracle she managed to become really popular, she didn't!
I like how you ignore the fact that her series, unlike the dreck like Mockingbird, America, or Hellcat, actually sold well. Better than Odinson's series in fact.