What media outlets can you trust anymore?

What media outlets can you trust anymore?

I haven't been reading a real news paper pretty much since the guardian went to shit, but I would like to start again

what newspaper/website/show/magazine doesn't have a clear political agenda (or at least still stays objective) on either side of the spectrum and actually does good fact checking and researching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BI0gwjg0h2E
youtube.com/watch?v=OwRNpeWj5Cs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

well all this silence says something

no impartial journalists out there anymore?

RT

junge freiheit

Trust none of them and come to your own conclusions.

this

thats why Sup Forums is so great. its all just fucking chaos, and youre supposed to make sense out of the mess

this
but if you had to pick one for America, Fox News is somewhat ok

We get all our reliable news from humble water filter salesmen

Use the Real Clear Aggregates.

Also, I've found that center-Right conservatives are the only group capable of objectivity.

RT
Brietbart if you can tune out all their jew propaganda

this girl would be perfect if she lost 5 pounds

i trust this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=XomImpvuutk

This.

Woah nice trips
Look at all the medias in all their biases, Communist to KKK,
and research scientific and psychological papers and learn philosophy and history.
Then only then, you can be objective.

You mean future press secretary.

youtube.com/watch?v=BI0gwjg0h2E

Der Spiegel :^)

>having preferences this precise

If anything, she needs more weight on those breasts to make that cosplay more accurate.

What? Sup Forums is an echochamber like the gaf is one. You just percieve it to be objective because the shit you read on Sup Forums aligns with your own views. has it right, trust none of them, inclusing this nepalese basketweaving board.

I bet she'd lose them only in her breast

Sup Forums

I prefer Der Stürmer

Objectively speaking, the left is evil.

>rt

Enjoy Russian government propaganda

Journalist here.

To be honest: I trust noone of the big ones. I do read Spiegel Online - if you read between the lines you get the facts. But for more I check Breitbart etc.

Media around the globe means being leftist as fuck. And since information and entertainment merge more and more into a shapeless blob, you wont find any big news outlats that dont report in a classic, neutral journalisitc way. Opinions are everywhere and nobody in the editorial teams seems to care that it is like that.

I'm lucky, I work for the local press which means there's not so much opinion included - but It doesnt mean my colleagues are neutral in any way - they are leftwing too. And I have to play along to have a safe job. Yes, I had to look sad after Trump had won - although I tried to be the voice of reason ("wait until he's in office, perhaps he aint that bad" etc.)

My tip is: Read between the lines. Close your eyes for the everlasting opinions. Make your own opinions. Journalism MUST change or it will die because there are lots of other means to get information.

Spiegel for example has to lay off 150 ppl. Thats a huge signal.

The (Print-) media got damaged by the internet.
They thought they had found their way to survive
Then they included too many opinions.
Now they have to change again.

The rule for media is the same as for art.
>Art is a fruit whose skin is the author's opinion
Peel the fruit before eating

The Gang of Four

> CNN
> NYT
> WaPo
> MSNBC

French newspapers chronicling Napoleon's return from exile and media coverage of Trump read almost identical.

When he first escapes, the papers said something like "the monster has left his crypt" and by the time he returned to Paris, it was "the Emperor has returned triumphant.

Why do they always say President-elect? I know it's technically correct but who the fuck actually says it like that, it's like they're too salty to legit call him President.

No, it's because there's only one President at a time, you mong.

lol, none of them.

There's one I like actually: The Ralph Retort.

That's the way protocol dictates. He is legally no the POTUS until his inauguration. X-elect is the normal way to refer to someone who has won an election, but has not assumed office yet.

I'll give you a (You), just because you wrote so much.

Junge Freiheit.

This
And because of this, I thought the media would learn the lesson.
But opening the papers I see they are back to the habitual slandering and bullshit

Literally impossible
People here like to meme breitbart but they're just as biased as huffpo - just in the opposite direction

Reading different takes on the same story and coming to your own conclusions is literally the only sane thing to do

Just read and watch all the mainstream liberal media and remember to always think the opposite of what they're telling you.

This.

nice try, schlesier scum

H-how did you know?

Live periscopes are about as trustworthy as footage gets. Any editing at all introduces bias and agendas.

And usually it's just the regular citizens who are in the right place at the right time to film something, and not the journalists who arrive hours later.

You're either a fucking idiot or a fucking genius. Did you somehow filter out all the shill threads and Sup Forums BTFO threads? Tell me your secrets kraut.

every bought the rpinted outlet of the jf?

Counterpunch is pretty good imo

Politico is alright because they have to sell to both parties at Capitol Hill. But it's only for american politics and I'am really lost too what is good general news site.

The Daily Stormer. In fact, according to a poll conducted by the Daily Stormer, the Daily Stormer is the most trusted right-wing news outlet.

Obama is still President until January.

>What media outlets can you trust anymore?

Define media first. Media does not mean "people on the television with trumped up credentials telling you what to think."

Media, the plural of medium, refers to the means of COMMUNICATION. How do you communicate? There's body language, written language, spoken language, lots of parts to it all. Don't just reduce the whole thing to "television news" or "newspapers." No one even watches that shit anymore, so it barely counts as a means for communicating anything at all. Very few people are being communicated to by it, yes?

So how DO people communicate these days? You're doing it right now. You're probably also on Facebnook, or Twitter, or whatever else. People call these "social" media as if to differentiate between the "mass" media that's bought and paid for with contracts. Your words on Facebook aren't funded by anyone at all, and that's why I trust them more than others.

Think of ten years ago when you were writing that history paper and your teacher wanted you to use "primary sources." The internet and social media have turned everyone into primary sources of information. This past election I saw no less than three videos posted to Twitter of people touching a republican button on a touch screen voting machine and the machine registering it as a vote for democrats. This was VERY effective communication.

Tl;dr: don't trust anyone but yourselves.

Thanks for the interesting post.

>Implying breitbart isnt just the right wing version of huffpo

to all germans: really try KenFM on youtube.
it really doenst have much in common what you would associate with a leftist. he is not. he is anti globalism, pro trump!, anti hillary (war raging, corrupt sellout), anti establishment, anti "leitmedien", anti capitalism. he thinks all parties are always corrupt and links it to the system. you dont have to love every position/oppinion, but you will be much better informed and you will still share most believes!

seriously try it! best videos are something with willy wimmer or mausfeld!

>Reading different takes on the same story and coming to your own conclusions is literally the only sane thing to do
This bares repeating.
>Ask two people what happened and you'll get three different responses.
Multiple stories gives you a better idea of what actually happened.

Am I the only one that fucking read these Time magazines?

The latest one this week shows Trump triumphant on the cover, sure, but inside it is ALLLLL just bashing of Trump. (ie. same as always)

The first article shows a bunch of graphs for election results. Guess what the very first election result is?

You guessed it.

The popular vote.

And not just the total vote count, because 59600000 vs 59800000 votes doesnt sway the anger of leftists.

They simply used percentages, because 47.5 vs 47.7..... HEY TRUMP ACTUALLY LOST THE ELECTION WTF CALL YOU WIFE CALL YO KIDS WE GOTTA PROTEST THIS VIVA LA DEMOCRACY

News outlets are good for seeing what the press thinks is newsworthy and what kind of narrative they tried to feed to the masses. Otherwise people should read between the lines, think for themselves and engage with other people to hash out what's going on.

>check Breitbart etc.

They have a clear agenda there too, but sometimes they do talk about issues that mainstream media is missing or not willing to talk about. Nothing wrong in reading it critically along with other sources.

red-pill me on ken

he is an ex rbb/ard radio talk master. he had a music show that also talked about poitics. he critized israel and on the 10th 9/11 anniversary had an 90 min interview with a 9/11 thruther in his show. his show was very popular and aired on sunday 14-18 h. after that he was layed off due to his anti-semitic opinions.

after that he started using utube to keep on going. he seems very strange and smug on the beginning, but trust me he is a really decent guy.

watch this for example:
youtube.com/watch?v=OwRNpeWj5Cs