comicbook.com/dc/amp/2018/02/28/warner-bros-dc-comics-for-sale/

Could the mouse take DC bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/dc-tv-warner-bros-series-billion-dollars/
thewrap.com/warner-bros-dc-batgirl-movie/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Could the mouse take DC
highly unlikely

I do not think, there is too much pressure against disney to become a monopoly, writers' unions complained too much about buying fox and buying dc would be another nail in the creative liberties

>Trump DOJ smashes DC

I guess it's that Ike Perlmutter money

Nah, having DC and Marvel would break monopoly laws. Although Disney has been pretty tough getting around them.

Here’s hoping

you mean WHEN

Trump may not do much right but killing DC and WB will win him re-election easy

>I do not think

I bet some Chinese company would buy it.

>I do not think there is too much pressure against disney to become a monopoly
ftfy

Monopoly laws, like all other laws, are for sale to the highest bidder.

>having DC and Marvel would break monopoly laws

no it wouldn't

there's more comic publishers than just DC and Marvel

>Trump stopping a merger

Call me when pigs fly

How? There are still third party companies such as dark horse and Avatar Press and Boom and IDW

>writers' unions complained too much about buying fox

Really?

he already did... well he stopped this one at least

he called Murdoch to congratulate him on the disney one

monopoly laws are a joke

Marvel and DC are the biggest publishers. They make up 90% of the comics industry and would give Disney a monopoly grip on the industry.

yes, especially animators, it is known of some ex-animators of gravity falls who had gone from Disney to Fox and expressed their discontent

Why do they hate Disney?

Huh. Probably won't make a difference, but huh.

That literally does not matter. No one is going to enforce the law on such a small industry.

heh hehe AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

People usually want things that can actually sell

>Implying Disney won't just lobby them like they've done for decades getting Mickey out of the public domain

Cringe

China'd buy it for the pure propaganda of it. China owning Superman? That's like China owning apple pie.

% m a r k e t s h a r e

>Ladderbro spamming this shit for the next couple months because DC will totally die for reals!

Isn't DC one of their most profitable brands in terms of merchandise? Why would Warner give that away?

I never thought I would pray for the day Apple would buy DC.

Most people want to leave the film buinesss. It’s why even Fox is selling everything to Disney despite Deadpool making money and Avatar. The movie game is getting tougher and the old men want to move on.

because the movies and shows cost way more money than they bring in

and keep in mind this is BEFORE their two movies and streaming service become MASSIVE FAILURES

dc can not remain as an independent print publisher and owner of its marketing rights? The safest thing is that if it happens, buy the Chinese / appel / Sony. It is impossible for it to be disney by anti-monopoly laws

>Marvel vs DC movie
What are chances of this actually being good?

well it'll be disney so 1000%

t. someone who didn't go to business school

fuq, laddersbro was right?

Yeah just like Pirattes of the Rotten Score

Feige don't know shit about DC

Will the Teen Titans Go movie be cancelled?

no one knows shit about DC that's why all their movies are shit and Time Warner wants to sell them

Fuck Trump, the AT&T/WB was supposed to happen to stop Disney, anyway, my wild guess is that Amazon buys DC just because they own Comixology and it will be perfect for them to own the DC back-catalogue and future works

>Blaming Trump

lol

oh okay you're ladderbro

Yup, my bets are also on Amazon if this happens.

This is literally Trump direct intervention

stopping this merger was one of his campaign promises

and he did it

They don't just do movies. Why would the film part matter?

Good.

because it's the only thing that makes money you retard

comics have been dead for years

>mediocre gashi-gashi wannabe

>good
This is trump doing interventions just for the sake of getting richer

If anything this only shows any business in murica (even disney) is being threatened by his personal wishes

Television, music, ect....

He allowed the Fox/Disney deal but stopped this because his friend Ike Pearlmutter told him to.

>being this much of a cuck
kys ladder

>Talking shit about Skarpe

Die Facist

Source?

they fail at television just as badly as they do at movies

and what comic company makes music?

screenrant.com/dc-tv-warner-bros-series-billion-dollars/

don't forget he called and congratulated Rupert for it

literally the only reason he's stopping this is because of CNN

*barks*

looks like the true kings have won!

Trump is stopping this one because he's anal about CNN

>screenrant.com/dc-tv-warner-bros-series-billion-dollars/
>11.02.2016

Based Marvel ALWAYS wins

the TV series are bad but they make money, Flash and supergirl do not continue transmitting because they have bad raitink, apart the merchandise in clothes and toys are billions.

OH BOY! Star Wars vs. Marvel vs. DC! I hope they buy all Manga next!

>
How well is Injustice 2 doing, anyway?

At this rate Disney will be owned by nippons in this generation, western animation is losing ground on all frounts, even CGI is starting to move to japan side

>Disney with Harry potter, DC and lord of the rings
If that's not monopoly then I don't know what it is

better than marvel vs capcom infinte shit

as successful as the first one, it pleases your fanbase a lot

then you don't know what is because Paramount and Netflix still exist

So what does that mean, AT&T is going to by DC and Timer Warner up piece by piece?

>warner-bros-dc-comics-for-sale
For fucks sake that's not what the original article was implying at all.

AT&T want WB's IP's, that's the whole reason they're trying to acquire them. The deal looks like it might be blocked on the grounds that both TW and AT&T own distribution assets. AT&T don't really need those from TW so if need be they'll just buy the IP's from them and what assets they can instead.

That's what the original article was saying. Not that if the deal falls through that WB would look to sell their IP's off to the highest bidder. They don't want to do that since then they'd have nothing as a company.

do not go against the narrative you faggot

probably

SHUT YOU STUPID FACE YOU STUPID

DC AND WB IS DEAD FOREVER

Disney should have purchase Harry potter isntead of Star wars

Harry potter is the most perfect franchise possible for DIsney, British wizards in old castles and fantastic beasts?That's Disney jam.

Logic? In MY Sup Forums thread?

SHUT UP, YOU DO NOT TELL ME WHAT TO DO, I'M GOING TO FUCK YOUR MOTHER IF YOU GIVE ME FOR DOING IT

Why AteT wan't WB so much?Why would Warner separate themselves from Them?

but disney is 100% murica

If disney buys them i seriously hope iger gets shot. They ruined marvel and star wars by homogenizing it to their creatively stifled and overly kid friendly company image, if they do the same to cartoon network, DC, and all the warner bros franchises then its time for these people to start fearing for their lives.

they wouldn't have been able to control it to the same extent

J.K. Rowling is pretty protective of her baby, she still has a lot of creative control.

Lucas was basically sick of SW by the point of the sale and he was reviled by the fans, so it was easy to just boot him out.

>Why AteT wan't WB so much?
For the IP's. TW/WB own an absolute shit ton of intellectual properties. AT&T have a built in distribution network but building up a library of their own would be costly and take years. If they merge with TW then they get everything they want instantly.
>Why would Warner separate themselves from Them?
$$$$$$$$$.

Though it's not really "separating" they want to merge with AT&T. It's not like the Disney/Marvel, Disney/Lucasfilm or Disney/Fox deals where Disney bought them, it's essentially a combining of their two companies to form an even bigger company.

If the deal falls through then the two companies will try and get around it by selling TW to AT&T piece by piece, and any pieces that are blocked that AT&T/TW no longer need could be sold to another company.

If Marvel and DC merged, what would the name of the new company be? Their brands are too big to just fold one into the other.

If Disney buy DC they will dismantle the universe, Wonder Woman go to Pixar, Batman get his own separate universe and Superman is send to Marvel

oh, like squerenix

>Time Warner sells it's IPs
>Walt Disney buys Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and DC comics

That would be one wild ride to say the least.

>WB late to the movie scene
>MCU is major hit
>GL is a flop
>Superman Returns is a flop
>Superman MoS is a flop
>B v S is a flop
>Suicide Squad is a major flop
>Wonder Woman is a major hit
>Justice League is a major flop

So yeah. DC has valuable assets. However WB has ruined them by financing shitty movies. Meanwhiles Comics aren’t bringing in the money.

So yeah. It’s logical they want to sell it off. They want their money & retire for life.

>tfw David Stern will never block a DC->Marvel acqusition for "comic book reasons"

Geoff Johns should be fired

And Disney had been working with George since the 80s with Star Tours and Captain EO.

It's over bros. Godspeed to everyone of you.

I got curious so I looked further into this.
Comicbook.com, fortressofsolitude.co, and all these sites all cited from The Wrap, which had this article:
thewrap.com/warner-bros-dc-batgirl-movie/
with this bit at the very end of the article:
>If the merger fails, an individual close to the company told TheWrap that Time Warner would likely be broken up into parts and sold separately as Warner Bros., HBO and Turner — leaving the fate of DC Comics a bit up in the air.
With no proof of anything else other than "cuz we said so"
So excuse my considerable amount of doubt

keeping an IP from public domain =/= changing antitrust laws. The government actually enforces those, and has to, or they get a lawsuit that they would lose, no matter how good their lawyers are.

It benefits all parties involved to be oligopolies instead. Like Microsoft and Apple. Bill gates invested in Apple in the 90's when it was failing, because if Apple fell, Microsoft would get trust busted.

>"could" sell off "if"

So it's speculation that OP is delivering as fact

what does that say?

>Meanwhiles Comics aren’t bringing in the money.

DC Entertainment made $4.5 BILLION in 2016.

the fuck?!

More like 60-70%

Those are from the cartoons, movies, TV shows, clothing, and toys.
Comics make like 300 mil max. I'd be surprised if its even that.

>>Superman MoS is a flop

$700 million flom

>>B v S is a flop

$900 million flop

>>Suicide Squad is a major flop

$800 million flop

>>Justice League is a major flop

$600 million flop

RETRARD