Cartoon Network shutting down after sold off by time warner

So now that it’s been confirmed that Time Warner is shitting down and selling everything, does this mean Cartoon Network is shutting down? Will this be the end of Steven Universe and Teen Titans Go!??? Will they be moved to Disney after they are all bought after? Or will Disney cancel them?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/dc/amp/2018/02/28/warner-bros-dc-comics-for-sale/
newsarama.com/29245-steven-universe-showrunners-get-deep-with-new-arc.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good, let it die.

>So now that it’s been confirmed that Time Warner is shitting down and selling everything
Stop making shit up OP

Good source, retard. Quit making stupid threads.

Fake news.

>The one reason AT&T wants any of it is so they can have equal footing with Comcast.

So ya no they'll not shut down anything.

Time Warner is legitimately 'too big to fail'. the brand is too valuable. Steven Universe is already all-but-confirmed to end with Season 6 (the next season), anyway, and as OP more subtly pointed out, it is literally their only show.

Adult Swim is still one of the most profitable blocks in TV i'm pretty sure? They are supposed to be announcing they're finally making it its own channel this April Fools Day.

"Wow. This post has made me think."
Least, that's what I WOULD say
Had you included just one link
But, alas, OP: you're gay.

comicbook.com/dc/amp/2018/02/28/warner-bros-dc-comics-for-sale/

>Time Warner is legitimately 'too big to fail'. the brand is too valuable.
They said the same about Fox. Avatar was the highest grossing movie in existence. Now look at them.

>Steven Universe is already all-but-confirmed to end with Season 6 (the next season)
Stop making shit up too, faggot

See

RIP

VAs and crew have been 'leaking' that it ends with Season 6 for several years. Sugar originally planned and pitched it as a six-season show (although possibly as six 52-episode seasons).

you do realize it's just DC Comics being sold according to the article... right?

Fox didn't fail, it got eaten by the biggest fish in the sea.

Season 5, 6, or 3 depending on how you're counting. The current season.

>Warner Bros., HBO and Turner
Cartoon Network is a part of Turner, idiot.

*slaps face*

That’s because James Cameron’s been dragging his feet on the sequels, one of them originally had a 2018 release date.

And the fact we’re still getting merch says otherwise.

It didn't get "eaten." Eaten implies some manner of malicious intent. It was a mutually beneficial transaction between two parties.

That’s the definition of failing

>VAs and crew have been 'leaking' that it ends with Season 6 for several years.
Again, stop making shit up. They wouldnt end the show with the diamond arc, when there are tons of more possibilities and plots to explore.

>More possibilities and plots to explore

You just know they'll blow it on more townie episodes.

RIP
I
P

good. all of cn's shows are shit

Does this mean that all of CN’s new shows are cancelled?

Are the Powerpuff Girls Disney Princesses now?

This confirms literally nothing, user. It's a great big pile of 'could happen's, 'if's, and 'maybe's.

That’s failing. Can’t you into evolution?

>this much denial
Sigh...

>getting a large sum of money is failing
that's called symbiosis, can you not into biology?

What the fuck does this have to do with Cartoon Network anything?

>im smarter then everyone else because i brag about how the future is going to be terrible and brag that other people are stupid for trying to believe that everything wont be terrible and everything they loved ruin

Turner owns cartoon network. Think man, think

>getting a small number money for your IPs
That’s losing. Success would be Fox buying Disney or continuing to live.

See

>small number money
>52.4 Billion USD
K fag

And now Disney will be making money with them.

Fox lost a lot of potential money.

but everyone said rebecca wanted 5 52-episode seasons. and no VAs or crew members have teased season 6 being the end ever, unless you can provide an actual source.

>SU fag is retarded and can't understand anything
more at 11

Stop being in denial.

>Disney gets Cartoon Network.
>Disney gets DC.
I'm scared, the mouse is already too powerful, but this would give it basically all the cartoon and comics market, they will be able to push anything into mainstream kids cartoons and basically tailoring the future.

Disney will buy Nickelodeon in your lifetime

It’s so scary.

This

1. A merger not going through doesn't constitue failure or bankruptcy
2. Even if any of those things ended up for sale, it doesn't mean Disney is suddenly buying everywhere. Even they don't have a limitless store of money
3. Why are your first thoughts about Steven fucking Universe? This is a much bigger conversation.

It wont happen, at this point federal would step in

Disney is the richest people in existence and they have Trump on their side. They are buying WB, HBO, and Turner (with DC and CN).

Viacom/Paramount list 700 mil.

Disney is best friends with Trump and can get by any law.

They are buying out Viacom/Paramount (with Nick)

Viacom ain’t doing too good. Monster Trucks and Ben Hurr Hur(t) them.

>and they have Trump on their side
This thread was already retarded, but still you felt the need to go and lobotomize it.

>*slaps face*

*Are. Disney are. Disney is not a guy, it's a company

>They are buying out Viacom/Paramount (with Nick)
No they arent, stop being a fear mongering little shit
Why did they spend so much on ben hur, no one cares about that movie anymore.

Trump is best friends with both Bob Iger and Ike Pearlmutter. Trump approved the Disney/Fox deal. Pearlmutter told Trump to stomp the AT&T/TW deal.

Trying to create the next big epic movie (like Lord of the Rings).

>stop being a fear mongering little shit
>”Stop being afraid of the Nazis! No one is coming to take you away to a camp, anonstein!”

>*slaps face*
*dodges*
Oh ho ho! You've been training I see. Heh. Not bad.

*teleports into the shadows*

(Speaking from the shadows) But you still have a long way to go, my friend.

*teleports to your left side*

Let me show you true power.

> autistic NEETs don't understand the business of people far more successful than them and just regurgitate fear-mongering garbage

>SEETHING DENIAL

In the end, Disney will own any and every of the european animation studio.

This scares me more.
>Disney owns the world

>Disney will buy Laika

f a l s e b o i
if it were really shutting down the animation/cartoon community would act like stock has crashed by now

They aren’t shutting down yet. Just passing ownership to disney as they absorb it. Then shut down and fire people they don’t like.

Goodbye, Sugar. My love......

So drawing your own conclusions apart from what is reported based on (not) understanding the Warner tree of subsidiaries?

CN is a part of Turner. Turner is a part of Time Warner. Time Warner is broken and selling Turner, HBO, and WB. Disney will buy them all. Disney will buy own CN.

*knocks on your head*

Aduh!

How long til Disney buys Universal and Paramount too?

Please God be true

fake but i would not be surprised if it happens down the line

WB will try to partner with Universal or Viacom and/or Paramount in the future or some non-USA companies in the future. Much of their tv show stuff might get combined with Viacom while much of their movie stuff and DC gets sold to Universal.

Cartoon Network would eventually be where most cartoons formerly by Nick would air while live action stuff would air on Nick.

Eventually Universal might also get CBS and Paramount as well if they don't start making more money in the future.

Nope. Disney will buy them all.

Just look at previous relationships. WB has a long standing history of cooperation with cbs/viacom on tv shows with the cw network.

WB also has a history of cooperation with Universal Studios for theme parks. Paramount and Viacom also had a history of cooperation with Universal Studios for theme park attractions.

Disney will buy everything. Everything will be owned by Disney.

You assume.
When did I do that exactly? You asked what it had to do with cartoon network and I told you, stop being retarded.
>*knocks on your head*
Stop with this RP bullshit

Soon

Disney doesn't want all the redundancies that would entail from buying all of those. Disney is already making cartoons like CN with DisneyXD and makes live action shows like Nick. Fox already has Animation Domination and FXX stuff instead of Adult Swim. Disney will have lots of old tv shows and movies from ABC, RKO, and Fox. They would buy some things at a low enough price like DC rights and past media to prevent other people possibly making stuff based on them in the future. They'd also buy Star Trek, Sponge-Bob, Transformers, and Scooby Doo if the price was low enough and they got lots of the rights to forms of future adaptions and ownership of lots of past adaptions.

>expecting someone to know about a post that didn't exist at the time they posted
Faggot, the "see this post" post only works when it exists already and they just missed it.

Will you dumb faggots stop saying disney will buy them, holy shit you all are just drama queens looking for the next thing to hype up

>this whole thread too
I can't tell if you all are retards or if the OP is just a master troll.

Except Disney IS going to buy them!

Being in denial isn’t health.

Disney literally want to own everything in the world. And they will.

/thread

The amount of asshurt would be unreal.
Please let it happen.

>I can't tell if you all are retards or if the OP is just a master troll.
You state those as if they were mutually exclusive....

No, they arent you fear mongering hypebeast. Kill yourself, and mods do your fucking job and delete this shit thread and ban this dumb faggot already

>wanting all good media to become disney level shit just for a few laughs at people rightfully being mad
I genuinely hope you get testicular cancer, scum like you disgust me.

>”Stop saying the earth is going to flood, Noah! It isn’t!”
The storm is coming, user. Even if you don’t believe it.

>newsarama.com/29245-steven-universe-showrunners-get-deep-with-new-arc.html
She strongly implies that the current season is being written as if it were the finale, but doesn't completely rule out the possibility of more.

Constantly making these dumbass comparisons doesnt prove your piint, fucking retard

>”Quiet Joe-El! Krypton will no explode!”

user, you're the one spouting off about how the shut down of an entire company is confirmed when literally nothing about any of this has been confirmed by anyone. If anyone is in denial here, it's you.

Even then that still scares the shit out of me. D.C. Goes into the open market, Disney buys DC, now the Mouse controls the Big 2 and will keep metastasizing into an even worse supercorp.
>In b4 muh normie wars and lol Top Cow

Going around projecting and deflecting all the time isn't healthy.

One day, I am going to jump through this screen like Mario through a painting and facefuck that girl.

>Disney buys DC
>After infinity war a new series of movies start, made entirely of crossovers

Kill self

If they have the money and the opportunity to buy out competitors, it doesn't matter whether they intend to assimilate and utilize the IPs or just close up shop. Either way, a greater market share is a greater market share.

But that wouldn't be polite! And big mega corps never do anything wrong! Especially not based feminist Disney! (Moviebob told me so)