My Friend said New 52 Superman is what ruined the DCEU because that's what MoS and BvS drew from for Superman's...

My Friend said New 52 Superman is what ruined the DCEU because that's what MoS and BvS drew from for Superman's character.
Is he right?

I mean, New 52 Superman was bad, but mostly because his stories were thoroughly mediocre and they didn't really do anything with the changes they made with him. Snyder just fundamentally doesn't seem to get Superman as a character, so I think he'd of still made the same mistakes with him even if the New 52 never happened.

But all the stuff about Clark being an alien who was hated by the people and him being willing to kill to save lives that people hated in MoS came from new 52

no, script for man of steel was written before new 52. Grant Morrison's new 52 run was actually good unlike man of steel anyways

That was literally the first arc set when Superman first started. And no, the idea for Superman to kill did not come from the new 52, did you even read these comics? I don't even think he has killed in the new 52

>Clark being an alien who was hated by the people
That's been in and out of vogue with the character for a pretty long time now, so nothing really new.
>and him being willing to kill to save lives that people hated in MoS came from new 52
Also no, Superman's never killed anyone in The New 52. If there is a direct inspiration anywhere, it'd likely be from John Byrne's run on Superman, where he had Superman execute Zod and his cohorts basically in cold blood (pic related). As far as I know, Superman never killed anybody in the New 52.

>Grant Morrison's new 52 run was actually good unlike man of steel anyways
This is why you shouldn't drink and use a keyboard, kids,

Seriously, he fucking stone-cold executes them. They try and beg him for their lives and everything, and had a huge arc travelling the universe angsting about it immediately after.

All they had to do was kill 5 billion people to get him to do it.

Because it makes you right?

Your friend is an idiot.

WOuld you have taken her as a slave?

Your friend is a moron. Snyder being a dumbass edgelord is why the movies suck.

I’d call it the best individual run of the new 52

>Is he right?

Nope PLUS

>idiot
>moron

truer words

You must be OP's friend, the moron aka the idiot?

you're retarded

>Two people think I'm full of shit, so it MUST be a conspiracy...

Good argument

No. Look at the release dates of MoS and the new 52 launch. Your friends a moron repeating something he heard from another moron

Not even remotely. MoS and BvS' take on Superman is far closer to Superman: Earth-One than New 52 Superman and even then, it's very much Snyder's bullshit version.

The DCEU took more for Superman Earth One than it did nu52.

Hell Goyer never wrote for the nu52 but did pre-flashpoint

I don't think it's accurate to say that Man of Steel's Superman was based on New 52 Superman, but they're very thematically similar. Superman is portrayed as a broody loner that feels isolated by his powers and alien origins.

I'm honestly not sure if it's the coincidence that this happened, or that it was some sort of editorial edict from DC at the time. I'm leaning towards the latter since New 52, Man of Steel, Injustice and Superman Earth One all came out in a very small timeframe, but I have nothing concrete to back that up.

2011-2012 was a rough time to be a Superman fan.

>Superman's never killed anyone in The New 52
He tore Doomsday in half and fucked up a bunch of Parademons.

>Superman is portrayed as a broody loner that feels isolated by his powers and alien origins.
Except that didn't happen much past the 1st arc of AC and then later the depwoered arc.

That sounds like a confirmation.

Snyder and Goyer trying to copy Nolan was what ruined it. You can also attribute blame to the Green Lantern movie for making WB think lighter and more fun superhero movies wouldn't work. And allegedly GL was supposed to kick off the DCEU.

There's also Superman Returns. That was supposed to lead into a Superman/Batman movie.

>Seriously, he fucking stone-cold executes them
And there is literally nothing wrong with that, they slaughtered a entire fucking planet.

>Snyder and Goyer trying to copy Nolan was what ruined it
Except that had zero part in it, the Mos trailers which people still highly praise to this day scream Nolan.

I would say he's a fucking idiot, because I don't see New 52 in Man of Steel other than changing the costume so it didn't have underpants, and maybe being emotionally distant.

Ask your friend:
-Where is the part where Snyder's Superman has 1938-power levels and fought corrupt business owners?
-Where is the part where Lois still didn't know that Superman is Clark?
-Why is the New 52 Zod alive while Snyder Zod is dead? And if it's not New 52, where did they get the idea to kill Zod off? (Hint: it was from 1980's comics)
-What major storylines is BvS copying? (DKR and Death of Superman) Are DKR and Death of Superman (the one where he fights Doomsday) from the New 52? Y/N

You'd have a better argument that Superman: Earth One is what ruined the DCEU because there's more similarities between that and Man of Steel than New 52 and Man of Steel.

>Except that didn't happen much past the 1st arc of AC and then later the depwoered arc.

Strong disagree. It was a major factor in Superman and Wonder Woman becoming an item, the fact that Clark didn't have any friends outside of the Justice League. Morrison briefly flirted with Jimmy being Clark's friend early on, but it never took.

And Pak's Action run was DRIPPING with angst. The flowchart for Pak's run was:
Superman tries -> fails ->broods over his failure -> repeat

No it happened. I remembered that was the case with Perez's first issue of Superman. There was a feeling that Superman was emotionally distant in the new 52 at times. Gradually they moved away from it but that impression ended up being hard to shake off, even with all they did to humanize him.

>Morrison briefly flirted with Jimmy being Clark's friend early on, but it never took.

It wasn't just Morrison, Johns continued it too by having Superman reveal his identity to Jimmy.

Its obvious haven’t read shit

No doubt. Turbo super Fuck her under a yellow sun for weeks. Blow her across universe with a nut the power of a million Hiroshima. Have her fly back and do it all over again.

Nope, you just sound like OPs idiot friend with his stupid New 52 theory.

BRILLIANT ARGUMENT

They also had Jimmy as his friend in Scott Snyder's limited run of Unchained which is canon to the New 52, it was just done as a prestige series. Lobdell also has Jimmy showering and staying with Clark during that entire Clark dates Lucy Lane bullshit, so you're totally wrong that it was some sort of brief SA thing that Morrison brought back.

You are right that Perez also wrote him as angsty - I wouldn't have called it broody ABOUT being an ALIEN; the alien angst does come back into play in the early parts of the Truth/depowered stuff but not by much.

Doomsday isn't even a real being anyway.

Why would i bother arguing with an ant?

You have shit taste

It was from Birthright.

Morrison's Action Comics is pure pleb filter. It is the only good in-continuity Superman run since the silver age imo and utilises Superman mythos completely.

except he is right pretty much the entirety of Action Comics run during the new 52 was great, not Only Morrison's arc but Greg Pak's run was also excellent. The only bad or mediocre superman stories in the new 52 were mostly in his ongoin. Ironically rebirth switched this two around, now the Superman ongoing is great but Action Comics is mediocre at best.

>he'd of
He'd have. We're not going to replace have with of just yet.

MoS is Superman Earth One, rewritten by someone that didn't understand what it was about.

>except he is right
You mean you are right. It's not like you having been samefagging most of the day keeping this tired ass thread alive.