Can you truly blame superheroes for not saving your loved ones? Seems highly unreasonable to do so

Can you truly blame superheroes for not saving your loved ones? Seems highly unreasonable to do so.

News flash. Marvel civilians are always pretty cunty.

This. Not even Superman can be everywhere at once, but he damn well tries

god I hate that stupid clichee in fiction. You can blame a hero if he or she e.g. causes the death of an innocent as a result of reckless fighting (see The Boys) but this?

Bitch, shut up. Go and found a self help group with the bitch who whinned Superman did not help her husband find out he had an aneurysm.

Another brick of stupid in the massive wall built on Thor's grave.

Jane has 1 more issue to live. Just 1 more issue, lads.

>thinks Thor is an actual supernatural omnipotent deity after knowing him for years

I believe she is dead when she is burned up and stuffed in an urn

Someone I care about did something stupid, it's your fault, superhero!!!

fuck off

>Cap, you may have saved two hundred people today, but you don't watch American Idol or NASCAR!
>Tony, neither you nor anyone you even know is involved in my son's death, but I'm still blaming you!
I hate Marvel civilians so much.

Didn't they later edit out that first bit in later prints given how stupid it was? Also what amazes me about Civil War is THAT, the school incident with D listers, was the final straw that broke the camels back

at least in the movie she was better.

btw, did anything ever happen tio the bitch past civil war?

it was in a tie in fwiw

It's a sad reflection of the unbridled contempt Marvel has had for the American public going back to at least the 60's.

>a superhero team's incompetence kills an entire elementary school, all for some reality tv footage
yeah can't see why that would be the final straw at all

It was a group not affiliated with the Avengers, and its kind of small potatoes considering the other collateral damage the Marvel universe has faced

>a superhero team is responsible for something Nitro, a villain, did
Still a huge stretch to blame Tony.

"Okay. Next time Galactus shows up we'll let your local police & fire department handle it, since you don't want us 'meddling in your affairs."

I get they she literally believed in a walking god. I'm sure alot of People in Marvel do but she knows he cant be everywhere at once.

had anything comparable to the massacre of an entire school occured before then? I'm not talking about collateral damage or alien attacks, I'm talking actual death caused by regular superhero shenanigans
The New Warriors' recklessness was partly responsible, yes. That was the whole point about superhero training and accountability

In a setting full of gods and heroes, we must explore what becomes of the Normal Man or Normal Woman.

It's time to deconstruct the superhuman paradigm, a Thing that definitely hasn't been done in comics before.

Would comic book bystanders rather their heroes put the world in a bottle to keep them safe? Yes, apparently.

>a Thing that definitely hasn't been done in comics before
>a Thing

Then I guess leave Ben Grimm out of it?

>deconstruct the superhuman paradigm

Spider-man says hello.

>a superhero team is responsible for something Nitro, a villain, did

And yet no one other than Wolverine, Namor and Speedball seemed to care.

It's annoying when ONLY the heroes get blamed. Why hasn't the Jackal gone after the Green Goblin? Why didn't Mudface really seem to care about Clayface until after he reformed? Etc.

The New Warriors attacked the villains when the area was least likely to be populated, the middle of the day, in an area with a significantly smaller population density, suburban Connecticut, that your typical Marvel story set in NYC. Had it been set in Manhattan Nitro would have gotten 9/11 levels of casualties.

>And yet no one other than Wolverine, Namor and Speedball seemed to care.
Bad writing. Same reason why nobody cared that Tony cloned Thor and sent him out to hunt down anti-reg heroes, or why the pro-reg side didn't mind much when that Thor clone murdered somebody.

>"Okay. Next time Galactus shows up we'll let your local police & fire department handle it, since you don't want us 'meddling in your affairs."
I would love to see one of the Avengers say that. Even better would be if right after the anti-mutant 'tards kill off all the supers earth gets invaded by aliens from the planet Assrapeulon and the Sentinels turn out to be useless.

I feel like Aaron just included this scene because people kept asking about Jane's ex-husband and son.

>I'm talking actual death caused by regular superhero shenanigans
Juggernaut once destroyed the Twin Towers and Inferno was a demonic invasion of NYC that was the culmination of several X-Men plot lines.

Was just pointing out that the whole "normal dude's role in a superhuman world" thing has basically been done several dozen times throughout the ages at this point. Each time, the writer acts like he's the first one to think of it.

It also gets weird when a hero gets grief for focusing on global & galactic threats and not local ones.

Ladies don't know about Ben Grimm's Giant-Sized Man-Thing.

Also Thor as a character went through that when the power was wielded by Eric Masterson.

So what deep insights did the journey of Jane bring to the character I wonder.

this is all the shit that turns him into old thor, and/or he's gonna like do something different and have a better King Thor end.

>where were you thor? Where were you?
>Jane's right, I am not worthy to be a g-
>*ring ring*
>Hello? Jane? Why are you calling this lat-
>Three black kids found their druggie brother's gun and started playing spin spin shoot. Where were you, Thor? Where were YOU?!
>Jane you cannot possibly expect me to-
>AH FUCK I JUST STUBBED MY TOE ON THE CORNER, WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU THOR?!

It was all apart of her plan to get the hammer, just gotta guilt trip Thor first

>It also gets weird when a hero gets grief for focusing on global & galactic threats and not local ones.
Has anyone done a reversal of this? A hero letting some planet-wide disaster happen to stop some local muggers instead.

I think you're missing the point
I recall one page from a Superman comic where it shows that he has one room full of letters from people he saved but another room full of letters of people asking why he didn't save someone close to them.

She wasn't feeling well, it happens to make mistakes. Idiots, your hateboner for Jane is retarded.

It's more realistic. Sorta like those people bitching at a certain someone for not running into a building getting shot up to pick out a shooter amungst a wave of other people that look the exact same age while wearing a shoot me first uniform

I like how some user pointed out this was identical to Terry Long and his kids' death, only they at least had the "dignity" of dying on-panel

Aren't God's supposed to help?
Well his father is, supposedly. Odin force seems to do whatever the writers wants it to do

That one time Thor said fuck it and subjugated humanity, ended wars, crime and hunger but still humans had to fuck everything up, cause no internet.

>Aren't God's supposed to help?
Have you read the greek mythology? Or the old testament?
Also, since when is Thor really a god in the "he is divine and omnipotent" sense.
You want some human bitch about how the "god like" hero is incapable to help the puny humans? Read Watchmen.
Moore fucking nailed in like one page with the Comedian the thing better than any writer since then.

She was sad and wanted to blame it on thor.

That is what happens when you are sad. Sometimes, You sleep with a person. Sometimes, you get angry for no reason. Sometimes, You seal your emotions away.

I haven't read any Greek mythology or the old testament but I heard the story's, however the Greek myths are not Norse myths and thousands of years of new testament Christianity has changed our views on God's.
>since when is Thor really a god in the "he is divine and omnipotent" sense.
When he has the Odin force

>The existence of superheroes means I can blame quite literally every problem I've ever had on someone else, fuck you Superman, why couldn't you put down "saving the world" for two seconds to stop me from getting a paper cut?

She's lashing out in grief you autistic cunts.

>no one has ever blamed God for people dying, ever
>this is completely Jane being a bitch because grrr women

That doesn't invalidate the age old proverb of "talk shit, get hit"
She can feel whatever she wants to feel, but emotions aren't a free pass for anything.

I'm reminded of post-Cry for Justice, IIRC, where Roy blames the death of Donna's ex-husband and their kids on Donna being in space at the time, ignoring the fact that Terry divorced Donna and took the kids from her.

Considering that the god in this case isn't omnipotent, omnipresent, or omniscient and also is her ex-boyfriend it comes off as a little unwarranted. To flip the narrative it'd be like someone blaming Jane for their loved one dying because Jane wasn't around to save them even though the person was brought to the hospital while Jane was stuck in traffic across town after her shift ended.

I hope when you're mourning someone you love that the second you act say something fueled by pain that you get your legs broken.

But then again going by your post I doubt that anyone actually loves you and you're completely alone.

No, I think if your child and ex-husband die most people would generally give you a pass on what you say to them in that moment of horrific grief.
You know, people that aren't fucking autistic and can feel empathy for others.

Are we supposed to forgive flaws just because they are?

she also asks where were any of the other gods she knows, including his omniscient and omnipotent-ish dad.

she's lashing out and blaming God, knowing full well there was nothing they could have done. Grief doesn't follow logic or "warranted."
>it'd be like someone blaming Jane for their loved one dying
yeah, no one has ever blamed A DOCTOR for someone dying, wow great argument

When something horrible happens to someone you tend to be a bit more accommodating for them, yes.

we're generally supposed to forgive someone lashing out because their partner and child just died, yes

superheroes are unreasonable by definition, they're fantasy. So it's okay to have at least a little faith in them.

reminder that Spider-Man did the exact same fucking thing to ACTUAL OMNIPOTENT GOD before his Aunt had even fucking died, and everyone loves it

It was just a moment in history where Jane felt terrible.

She didn't bring it up until this moment.

No I think everyone hates it because even after getting told by GOD HIMSELF to let his aunt die and move on he instead makes a deal with the closest thing to Satan in Marvel to erase his marriage, reset the progress he made in life, just so his elderly aunt could live.

Different user here, but I think you're allowed leeway but everything they say can't simply be brushed off without consequence. My friends girlfriend thought he was cheating and in the heat of the argument said that she never loved him anyway. He wasn't and she later realized but that relationship sure is over.

not quite the same thing, user

Okay yeah, but thinking you're getting cheated on and finding out your fucking child is dead are two wildly different things user

Then she is technically right.

>hero's are above criticism
Bunch of cape lickers

Didn't she abandon her husband and child?

Allow me an analogy. My uncle is a doctor, so this would be like me blaming him directly for the death of my wife, despite the fact we don't live in the same state and he's a pediatrician. While my lashing out might be understandable, I probably wouldn't get invited over for Christmas anymore.

>Where were you when my son died?
>Stopping the Dark Elves from killing a bunch of people.

So you're always stopping dark elves 24/7 and totally not fucking Sif?

Not 24/7, just at the time your son died.

She got divorced sometime prior to JMS' run.

I think she did it during JMS's run, actually. When she heard Thor was back.

I don't feel like digging through my collection right now, but if I remember right she's recently divorced when she first shows up and that's pretty early in the series.

Man, aunt may is going to be 200 years old with how little pete can handle an elderly person dying.

Is she related to that bitch from Superman Grounded ?

Depends on the situation, but the way it is usually portrayed it is suaully unreasonable, but people in deep grief rarely are reasonable.

I would go into detail but that would probably end up in a KILL DA JOKER argument.

>A hero letting some planet-wide disaster happen to stop some local muggers instead.

not planet-wide but 9/11

That happened because Old King Thor failed to save his children and people from being murdered and granddaughters from being by Gorr.

Theres that Wally Flash getting sued story.

Why didn't batman rape the joker?

Is this any different from people blaming the government, family or others? For the most part this is just how most people cope. It got to be someone’s fault, there has to be control somewhere because the idea it’s all random crushes most

Nobody said anything about killing him. Raping him on the other hand...

Was it ever explained how she got to the Moon?

>MY pitiful life
Yes, Pete. Another person dying is all about you, you fucking manchild.

is thor the only superhero jane have on speed-dial or something?

where did they actually die? can you imagine dying on new york city when you can't even walk a few steps without running into a cape.

>everyone loves it
I hate it and you. It shows exactly how pissy and immature Peter was written and ends with him snuffing his marriage and unborn daughter.

I would love it if this led to Thor, Odin, Sif, Hercules etc. abandoning humanity just to teach them a lesson and Jane dies with the knowledge all the suffering is her fault.

poor speedball.

>"Jane" dies
>by becoming fem thor permanently

>Oh um hey I um I'm sorry but um
>Fuck you god you're a bitch nigga
The Virgin Peter vs the Chad Kaine

There was a bit from either Captain Marvel or Iron Man where they were casually having an unrelated conversation while stopping a bank robbery.

It was kinda meta, as it showed that after a certain power level stopping bank robbers is basically like getting a cup of coffee to a superhero.

This just in
People in shock from grief aren't rational

Yeah, the guards are there to protect from outside threats. You want to stop school shootings, you have to arm a majority of teacherd. Otherwise, it's easy forthe kid to just guess which classrooms aren't "safe" to be Edgelord McEdgy.

Bitch how is it Thor's fault that your husband was an irrisponsible twit?

Would you rather Thor WASN'T around when aliens or monsters are invading Earth and scattering armies like confetti?

A little thing called CHARACTER DERAILMENT and CONTRIVED CIRCUMSTANCES to set up a terrible major comicbook event.

The New Warriors weren't rookie or inexperienced heroes.

Its annoys me that giant robot heroes aren't a thing in Marvel.

Giant robots are only allowed to be evil and competent, able to wipe out all heroes on the planet to set up doomed timelines. If they are good giant robots then they are massive jobbers that either get destroyed or turned evil.

...or in one case turned into a teenage asian girl.

There is a matter of most Earth heroes being involved in Civil War when Annihilation was happening.

God being part of your superhero universe is fucking retarded.

Just makes him look entirely incompetent with how shoddily constructed the universes/multiverses are, falling apart in every major comicbook crossover event just because they event villain pokes it somewhere.

Civil War was retarded.

Only thing more retarded was Civil War II, which had nothing to do with anything and was only made to try and get attention from the Captain America movie.