Atheism

At what point in your life did you swallow the red pill that was atheism Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

at what point did you sage

fuck off godless dingo fucking faggot.

I wouldn't call being atheist redpilled necessarily.

I however decided it was right for me after many years of following the Christian faith. I constantly had this feeling of unwelcome every time I went to church. Which wouldn't have bothered me if it was only the people making me feel unwelcome. In fact, the people were always warm and welcoming.

Tl;dr: I am (((redpilled))) cos of a foreboding sense that god hates me

Atheism is dumb

It's like a scientist looking at a question and believing an answer without any evidence for both sides.

Listen, we're just semi-intelligent organisms that regularly make calculation errors in coordination, forget memories, and have to practice to learn things instead of just seeing them once.

There could easily be beings out there we call god or gods which are perfect in every way.

When I learned about cults and how religions operate in the same way.

Late adolescence. My family used to have discussions with me about it but they're all atheists too now so I guess it worked out.

If you think there could be Gods out there then you have to prove it. If you can't prove it then we can assume it doesn't exist. Maybe later we find the technology to prove He does exist, who knows, but right now we don't have any reason to believe he does exist so that's what we're going with. You can't say about every single thing that it COULD exist, we have a very clear distinction between existance and non existance based on human standards. We can only trust on our own human senses to conceive what is real and what isn't. If we can't conceive it with our senses or technology, we should assume it doesn't exist. Otherwise there wouldn't be anything in the universe that couldn't exist. Which makes the whole meaning of the word existance meaningless.

By looking for a meaning of life you are falling into a trao that is thining that life inherily has a meaning. It does not.
Give yourself the biggest amount of pleasure you can. That's all.

Great grandmother died from breast cancer when I was 4

Grandfather died from a heart attack while driving (angry Italian driver) when I was 6, in front of my eyes

My parents lost their business when I was 10 and the bank too our house and I had to deal with being homeless for quite some time.

Despite being baptised and coming from a traditional Christian family from both sides (father and mother) I learned quickly that the only person I could believe in was no other than myself.

They don't "operate" in the same way. They're the same thing.

>when i was 10

I'm agnostic atheist.

I was around 12 or 13 when my mind decided it wouldn't accept something like that on faith alone, and looking for factual evidence, no matter how desperate only dragged me closer into admitting there was no god

Feels bad man, I feel like it was raped from my mind

Now I worship Satan as an idea

>let me just put agnostic in front of it so i can play the agnostic card when debates get too hard

forgot pic

One night when I was 5 after praying with my Mom I was laying in my bed thinking, unable to sleep. I realized then that my parents would eventually die one day and I had the thought that I wished to be buried next to them. I began to cry and mourn for their eventual deaths and tried to communicate with God. I pleaded and pleaded and focused as hard as I could until I finally received an answer. However, almost immediately after hearing a response in my head I came to realize that it was I who generated this response. No one was in my head, I was alone, it was just me making something up. This was when my doubt began and I really didn't believe in God after that. By the time I was 8 I was a full blown agnostic, by 10, a self proclaimed atheist as I discovered the word.

Atheism threads are boring during euro hours.

Agnosticism is the only real answer that can be coherant in the face of personal ignorance and multiple and extreemly complex arguments that are unresolveable

2nd grade, PE class. Strike the fuck out at baseball and curse silently to myself "god dammit". The gym teacher over hears and barks out "do not take my lords name in vain!" I replied calmly and with direct eye contact "that is your lord, Not mine" I got a two day detention for that. Tfw your white hippy parents raise you on Buddhist an Taoist literature. Tfw you've been redpilled since day one

Agnosticism is a way to pussy out of debates because you can't defend your argument. As long as theists can't provide evidence, their claim can be dismissed as untrue. If you don't dismiss it, then that must mean you think there is some truth to their concept. What is it you think is true?

The way I see it, neither theists nor atheists can come up with a compelling proof. Both beliefs are equally irrational and thus agnosticism is currently the only reasonable stance on this subject.

If you can prove without a sliver of doubt that there exist no higher intelligence, please go ahead and close this debate for humanity.

But that is not how the scientific theory works.
You can't prove a negative.

Yes you can. Not a mathematician, but I'm pretty sure it's possible to formally prove that there exist no sum of even numbers which is an odd number.

The thing is that it's not up to atheists to disprove that a God exists, but up to theists to back their claim up that a God does exist. This is called the burden of proof in philosophy, and it's actually a logical fallacy to ask the opposing party to prove you wrong if that otherwise means the claim still stands.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof

This is the biggest reason agnosticism is wrong. You need to understand what this means before you can say you're an atheist.

To prove non-existance is much more complicated than proving existance. Even if you take the burden of proof out of the equasion, it's almost impossible to prove that something you can't conceive with human senses or technology doesn't exist, therefore it's meaningless to ask about it. We could disprove something if theists had proof of a God, we could refute this proof. But that hasn't happened yet. Only the effects of a God have been shown like how else could you explain us? Something must've designed us right? This can be refuted with evolution for example.

I don't believe in atheism

Atheism isn't something you believe in, it means that you DON'T believe in a God.

Took a long time for me to realize that if there is a god he cares fuck all for us.

I don't believe in it either.

Typical atheist rethoric. Since i know about atheism i can decide to believe or not believe in it, because earlier i didn't know that it exist. To believe or not you must discover something, and newborn babies don't know about atheism. It means i can reject atheism

>tfw you realize we are gods to eachother

I've been atheist since I was 10. Now I've seen the error in my ways, now I'm a Kekist

>You can't say about every single thing that it COULD exist, we have a very clear distinction between existance and non existance based on human standards.

that's not how science works

If you want to ever approach any idea or concept with a scientific approach, you must say "I don't know"

This. We can't proove that the universe wasn't created by a pink rainbow-shitting unicorn, yet I'm pretty sure noone believes it.

If you don't believe in or subscribe to any religions you automatically categorize as atheist.

when I was like 8

then i swallowed the true red pill and became an orthodox christian in my 20s

Atheism is for idiots. The red pill is agnosticism.

Atheism is the ultimate blue pill. Note that all the leaders of the atheist movement are Jewish. Note that they specifically target Christianity. Remember that in every explanation for how to dismantle a society, dismantling religion is one of the key bullet points.

You fell for the fedora'd jew and let them take your faith. Just like a liberal who bought into them coddling them and telling them they were too tolerant and full of love for conservative ideas, you let them tell you that you were too intelligent and logical for spirituality.

Hook, line and sinker.

What a deep thinker you must be to answer every question with "I don't know". As arbitrary as our standards for reality are, our senses are all we can depend on and if we want science to make sense we must always trust on our senses. There are some things we do know if we trust our senses, if you're answering every question with "I don't know", even though we have all the information readily available, you don't trust your senses.

Nope. If you don't believe in any religion you are irreligious. To be atheist you must reject beliefs in God or/and afterlife. Its not that simple buddy.

>atheism
>the religion of stalin
>the religion of marx
>the religion of sweden
>the religion of canada
>the religion of california
>red pill

What's the point of religion?

Apatheism is the true redpill.

(((ism)))

gnostic. Older than jews, akin to Buddhism, but less holier-than-thou

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM4-m0p5vL8

This.

opiate of the masses

When you say you don't -believe- in atheism you're being self-contradictory. Atheism is the antagonist of theism, which means to believe in a deity. It's not like atheism is just another religion that falls under the category theism, it's the opposite of that. You can narrow atheism down to the rejection of beliefs in a deity but it is not limited to that.

Atheism is a belief since you can as theist reject it.

>the masses

>anything that is inherently not an ideology or even a belief to begin with
>redpilled

Seriously: u wot
It's like saying "not nationalism" is redpilled. You haven't given a substitute at all.

Why do people always feel the need to shit on the only guys who don't make unsubstantiated statements? Most gnostic theists/atheists are just bluffing.

Being able to reject it is not a necessary for it to be a belief.

>I associate religions with a negative social connotative word that has no real meaning
>You have to prove your assumption, otherwise I will assume otherwise
>You must come to a conclusion that is impossible to prove or you are are a pussy!
>Nuh uh, you first! Can't prove it? Pshh, I win again!
>Mobile
>I believe there is no god. What, that's a belief? Haha wrong again kiddo.
>If you are not a thing you immediately become the opposite thing! It's basic science!
>Too bad you kids don't have the resolve to pick a side and stick with it. Everyone knows you have to pick a side with everything at all times.
Wew, Dutchbro. I think you've been smoking too many joints and spending too much time in the library reading intellectual philosophy like a real patrician while your crush gets railed by Jamil.

You simply try to mark atheism as something unique, while atheism cannot be proved, thats why atheism is a belief just like religion

Religion is an umbrella term for a lot of types of systems with different purposes. Generally religion can be best understood as a "established way of life based on a metaphysical worldview". The way the way of life is formalized for teaching, how detailed the worldview or the way of life is, and its overall purpose differs between religions.

To give a general answer to religion collectively just confuses the whole situation.

Because agnostics don't want to come to a conclusion because on an astronomical level everything COULD theoretically be possible, this is a very lazy way to look at things. Not like I expected anything else from a Spaniard.

>Implying it wasn't god testing you

I don't get your non-arguments sometimes.

Consider that every bad things which happen to peoples are tests, and stop being so lazy minded "hurr durr god is evil with me"

I'm not even religious, but come on just keep your sadness and realise that god/the universe loves you and that's why he made you.

There is an equilibrium, something that handles every scientific concepts : positive and negative, cold or hot. We are alive thanks to this thin chemical balance called the atmosphere, 150 megaKM far from a little yellow star.

Pascal, Newton or even Eingoldmoshenstein weren't atheist and for one reason : atheism is nothing but something animal, the lowest layer of the spiritual being.

A religious belief based on a dusty book looks retarded, it is, but the consequence is the following : post or your mother will die in her sleep tonight

deist masterrace

I've tried to become religious before, I went to church with my parents and listened to everything the dude had to say, but I couldn't take any of the stories seriously. It all felt like it was made up. The moral code of Christianity is alright, and to a certain extent I follow it, but I cannot bring myself to believe.

>1 post by this ID

>deist

You fucked some pretty bad to still reject divine conservation.

>God
>testing

user stop.

>Atheism

Throwing the baby out with the bathing water.

Think I was 16 or so, put a ton of time into the the Roman Catholic Church, alter serving (6 years), choirs (8-9 years) eventually wanted to go to seminary.

Then I got raped by a priest.

Religion fell out of me and I went full fedora. It wasn't until I fell for the STEM meme that I'd realize there was a bit more to this life shit. So I became a fucking painter and rekindled my faith. Sure I view God as a subjective mental construct, but fuck you that's real.

suck my dick christfags

Nice argument there

You mad bro ?

In this threat: People that can't swallow a red pill.

15, after reading The Fountainhead and some other stuff by Ayn Rand.

But, I've since recognized that I do believe in an afterlife.

I don't believe the old man in the sky per se, but I do believe that our friends and family and some others "on the other side" can hear us and help us.

I want you to fill out this form for me.

Premise 1:
Premise 2:
(add more premises if necessary)
Conclusion:

Atheism IS unique because it doesn't fall under theism, all religions fall under theism, which means you believe in deities. Atheism simply means you don't. When you say that you don't believe in atheism you're not making alot of sense because atheism isn't something you believe in to begin with. It explicitly means you don't. You're using the word belief in the wrong context.

Atheism is a Jewish lie.

Shut up Ahmad and praise kek

A threat is when my friend Giovanni tells you that it would be really bad if your house were to catch on fire.
A thread is a series of replies on a certain subject.

And it's fucked. But he's guiding me.

What did you hear?

Truth seeking is the ultimate bluepill, it only leads to nihilism and suffering.

utimate redpill

idontfuckingcareheism

>ecause it doesn't fall under theism

It actually does, scientific axiomas, theories, philosphy etcetera.
Atheism is nothing but a formal scientific religion waiting for a god.

That's terrible user.
That said, how does you getting raped by a community leader of a religion say anything of the legitimacy of the religion?

Getting raped by Neil Degrasse Tyson says nothing of any scientific view. Why would it for your Catholic views?

God does not test, inherently.

>"Let no one say when he is tempted, ‘I am tempted by God’; for God cannot be tempted with evil and he himself tempts no one; but each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire"

Premise 1: Everything which has a beginning has a cause
Premise 2: The universe has a beginning.
Conclusion: Therefore the universe has a cause.

Nope, because buddhism and some diffrent religions aren't theistic, because in buddhism there is no such thing as God, there is only life energy. Atheism is not magic, buddy

It's called apatheism.
It's the worst of worldviews. You really do not have an established worldview you work off of that you fully understand or even acknowledge you understand and yet still work off of it, thinking you're beyond it all.

It's basically living ignorantly.

Tell me, what if the cause of the universe is the universe itself. Therefore no god is needed. It would be an infinite cycle of matter and antimatter. An infinite system that feeds itself, without any connection to time (that probably doesn't exist).

Ever since i was like 5 years old, OP.

Everybody who believes there's some old cockstain living in the clouds overlooking everybody, all 7.4 billion of us, "caring" for us actually has a major severe degree of Autism.

I will Deus Vult happily with them tho - But actually believing that there was/is a man (God) BEFORE existence that just Created (?) everything is degenerate.

Good thinking, but that still doesn't dissaprove God

Atheism is a lack of theism. It's not a substantial belief or view whatsoever, despite people trying to ignorantly use it as one. You can replace the term with "not theism" and still be entirely correct.

>You have to prove it

No, we dont have to prove it. Religion has been the norm for thousands of years, YOU have to prove it wrong. And even when we do try to prove God exists you denounce everything as bullshit

And good luck proving christianity wrong, considering Jesus was a real person

what is agnostic

OWNED

>everyone involved with this conversation

He doesn't care about all 7.4 billion of us though. Only his chosen people.

Wrong by definition. Atheism is the absence of belief in a deity. You have theism under which fall all religions, and then you have atheism which is seperate from theism.

Your argument is valid but it's not sound. Both premises are questionable in the case of the universe, therefore the conclusion can be questionable aswell.

>jesus was a real person
>it's in the bible

lel

In order to Deus Vult, one must first Deus.

1st Law of Thermodynamics: The total amount of mass-energy in the universe is constant.
2nd Law of Thermodynamics: The amount of energy available for work is running out, or entropy is increasing to a maximum.

If the total amount of mass-energy is limited, and the amount of usable energy is decreasing, then the universe cannot have existed forever, otherwise it would already have exhausted all usable energy.

All radioactive atoms would have decayed, every part of the universe would be the same temperature, and no further work would be possible.

So the obvious corollary is that the universe began a finite time ago with a lot of usable energy, and is now running down.

>Religion has been the norm for thousands of years

Exactly. Religion is an old, outdated ancient idea that science pretty much demolishes these days.

>"muh chosen people"
Rightt

Not all, Buddhism is a religion and its not theistic

Wrong. In Buddhism, there are actually multiple deities, but they do not believe in a creator deity, which isn't really relevant here. If you believe in one or more deities, you are theistic.

Nope; Jesus