People hate Bloo for being a manipulative jerk and ruinning everything...

People hate Bloo for being a manipulative jerk and ruinning everything, yet there are characters out there that have done much much worse things and people love them for it.
How?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/z3ojdlIS8s4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Like who?

Execution. Asshole characters have the advantage of being fluid and tons of freedom with their actions and comedy but have the major disadvantage of being the one that has to hold the show, otherwise it all falls apart.

Bloo just wasn't funny enough, nor did he have any major depth into his character to make him endearing.

Bender
Cartman
Master Shake
Duckman
Roger
Bojack Horseman

Pic related is just an example. There are many more out there.

SOURCE!

They're all funny. Bloo wasn't funny.

Richard Watterson?

Not Sup Forums but Arnold Rimmer from Red Dwarf, although he was not only funny and suffered for his asshole-ish antics, but also had enough depth as a character to be relatable and endearing at times, all of which are things Bloo fails to do.

Because they are in other shows. Bloo is the main asshole in his show

Because hes not charismatic interesting or relatable

well bloo seemed really sweet and likeable in the pilot
so personally i felt like him becoming a hueg asshole was just bad writing

Honestly hate those characters for those reasons except some of them have their own moments

What said

Basically the show they sold us on the pilot was totally different from what they had next.

Eagle Riders

Rimmer couldn't manipulate his way out of a paper bag, but aside from that I agree with you.
Hell yeah, now I'm off to watch some fuckin' Dwarf!

Any good?

It ruined the premise of the show

Bloo was an absolute asshole almost all of the time. If it wasn't for the other friends, Mac wouldn't have any reason to visit fosters.

He felt like a Mary Sue

Sure, other characters are assholes and manipulatives but they feel consequences,Blue in the other hand is extremely popular even though he is a complete jerk to every single person, all kids want to adopt him, almost all imaginary friends in the house like him, Mac is extremely loyal to him etc

And he never do anything to earn people love,he's not good looking,smart, charismatic or talented, he never help people, he never act kindly to anyone, his popularity in universe makes zero sense

Bender, Roger and others feel the consequences of their actions, and even though they're assholes they're always happy to help their closest friends anytime, Bloo in the other hand is consistently shown as actually hating to help anyone even if he's extremely bored, even if he get something from it, yet everyone is ready to give him a hand anytime.

Cartman and Bojack work because their characters blend into the setting and the tone of the series.

Bloo sticks out like a sore thumb in what's supposed so feel like a warm, inviting, and surreal show like Foster's Home.

I used to be apathetic towards him, either I'd get annoyed or would just have no reaction. Rewatching the series he's honestly my favorite character, the episodes where he gets himself into shit are the best ones. He's like Master Shake Jr.
>~He's not so macho, but he really thinks that he is!~
>~He's a danger to himself and OTHERS TOO!~

That's the thing, though. Foster's isn't a totally warm and inviting show.

It's an odd case where half of the show is really beautiful and heartfelt, and the other half consists of the writers reveling in making their characters act like dickheads to each other. Like not even because they were bitter about working on the show or something, but more in the sense that they thought it was amusing, like that one interview with Rebecca Sugar where she says she likes making characters cry because it's funny to her. It's kinda refreshing to have a show where each of the main characters gets a few episodes where they're an unreasonable asshole, because generally people are like that irl.

I wonder how would Bloo react to this video.
youtu.be/z3ojdlIS8s4

What are some of Bloo's biggest asshole moments? I watched Foster's so long ago that I can't really remember much of it in specifics.

Its because they drastically changed how he was originally created to be. Plus poor execution made him an unlikable selfish ass.

The only episode of this show I've ever caught on TV was the one where they were going on vacation to Europe but everyone kept fucking up the plans. As far as I can remember, Bloo was the only one who was an intentional asshole by constantly switching between "going" and "not going".

He was fine in the pilot and got flanderized to hell and back by ep 1

it looks like he is flipping everybody off

Should I watch this? It's the only Craig McCracken thing I haven't seen.

And constantly stealing the ticket of that british girl who just wanted to visit her creator

Yeah is pretty good, far better than literally every single cartoon on tv right now, far better than shit like Star vs or Steven Universe

watch the pilot movie at least

There are plenty but probably the "surprise party" one where he essentially creates a surprise party for Mac randomly to humiliate him to the point Mac fucking freaks the fuck out about it

The ep is especially shit since Mac knows it is coming and pleads for everyone to just fucking stop and leave him alone. They act like they don't know what he is talking about so he takes matters into his own hands and attempts to shut it down. Then they fake it is for a fake imaginary friend (really Madame Foster who is also in on the whole thing) and all treat Mac like shit for doing that. Then when Mac apologizes they all go LOL NAH SURPRISE MAC"

So in the end they basically had to guilt trip Mac and humiliate him while Bloo acts like a smug ass about it. Mac should have just given Bloo a scare and not visit him on time one day for constantly pulling that shit

>Bloo just wasn't funny enough

Every Fosters character had that problem

Master Shake has no depth

I never liked this show. And for a series about imaginary friends, Bloo has a shitty, boring character design

All of those characters can be assholes on such a level they make it entertaining, they can be the biggest, meanest fuckers because 'adults' can take more and in fact demand more. Shake murdering a guy is completely normal because it's in a world where that's possible.

Blue is 'kiddy' jerk. As in not jerky enough to be entertaining nor is he able to go far enough for it to be interesting thanks to the bindings of being for kids. They live in terrible worlds with other legit terrible people, but FH is set in a world that just plain can't go TOO terrible, it's a kids show, so he's a jerk that gets kiddy punishments. Bloo is never getting kicked int he dick like Cartman is.

Master shake had some amazingly quotable lines though.
>I should not walk so a child may live!
>And that's why you fall down the stairs all the time!
>No I didn't pay no bills! I pay you no mind!
>This helmet? It's for the rapture. You know, armageddon?

Beats me. not sure what the anons in this thread were talking about. Bloo was hilarious to me and the third best thing about the show with Mac being the second and Frankie being first.

Then again, I love dickhead MCs who almost never get too bad of negative consequences as long as they still have "heart of gold" moments and Bloo still kinda did.

>Master Shake has no depth
None of the ATHF characters do. They live by the most non-sequitor rules and shift roles in who acts as the foil for the focus each episode. But that's where the charm sets in; you don't know what the fuck to expect next.

"Polyester trundles" may be the best thing I've ever heard and it's intended as a second-rate joke.

>pilot episode
>Bloo is vulnerable throughout the whole thing, and seems to really seem frightened at the prospect of being separated from Mac
>episode ends with him getting immunity of a sort from the Madame
>now relatively secure, spends the rest of the series being a cunt to everyone, Mac included

That's why.

I heard somewhere that fosters became a huge victim of executive meddling?

It’s terribly flawed like said , the writing quality is very uneven, but damnit all I just can’t bring myself to hate it.

Still, Definitely watch the movie trilogy (house of bloo’s pilot, good wilt hunting, and destination imagination).

skip these episodes:

Bendy
Imposters
Surprise for You
Europe (imho the absolute worst)

>Master Shake has no depth
No but he was fucking hilarious so it worked.

Fuck, I meant to quote I wouldn’t go as far as calling him a Stu. whenever he fucked up someone always called him out on it. Dude just didn’t give a shit.

> yet everyone is ready to give him a hand anytime.

Ed probably does it out of naivety, Wilt because he’s nice to a fault.

>in-universe popularity

If youre talking about with the other friends at Foster’s? Touché. But with human kids, only the bratty girl from the pilot wanted to adopt him. And all of macs friends who made their own version of bloo ended up coming to fosters to give them up.

Bloo isn't hot enough to get away with it

Fuck wrong picture