What version of Civil War is Best? Comics or the Movie?

What is the best writing? Which is the most fun? Which story makes the most sense? In which version are the characters best used? Which had the best final?

The movie, by simple version of not being a complete and utter clusterfuck like the comic.

movie to be honest

Movie, mostly because it had nothing to do with Mark Millar's shitfest
Matter of fact every Millar comic that gets adapted to live-actions tends to be infinitely better than their source material, Logan is possibly the only exception but still a fantastic movie to boot

>What is the best writing? Which is the most fun? Which story makes the most sense?

Overall, the movie. The movie had major flaws, but was more true to Captain America's character than the comic. On top of that Iron Man was more sympathetic in the movie than the comic.

Having said that, Millar's Civil War, as bad as it is, is still better written than most Marvel events that came after, especially Civil War II.

Movie
>characters aren't acting out of character to make the plot work
>story is far more cohesive in general
>dramatic ending in movie is stronger since it doesn't have some bullshit reason for Cap to give up
>doesn't have full retard ideas like villains being deputized by the government or Peter revealing his secret ID to the world after numerous examples of why thats a bad idea

The only thing the comic pulls off more is the spectacle of it all. It truly is a Civil War instead of a philosophical talk followed by a fun but ultimately too "fun" airport fight.

Civil War is one of the most universally reviled events in Marvel's history, so you're not likely to find anyone saying anything other than the movie.

The movie because it has the characters fight for believable reasons and doesn't make them act OOC.

Comics far and away. It's not as awful as you make it out to be, it's rushed with dumb motivations but the arts great and there are some interesting character moments.

The film has nothing. Russo's a shit! No good action or pathos.

> It's not as awful as you make it out to be,

You're right, it's worse.

Movie, hand over fist

>Iron Man going bananas even though he KNEW bucky had been mind controlled
>believable

The hyperbolic disdain it gets here is a meme. It's a fine event. It started the heros v heros cancer maybe, but it's much better than the majority of events. It's not *good*, but it's average at least. Hating on it so hard to fit in here is meme tier!

Movie was surprisingly good

Movie by a laughable degree.

Ok since we all agree the movie, what were you guys favorite parts? Me, too many to even list.

Sam and Bucky smiling and nodding.

who knew Mark Millar posts on Sup Forums

Movie
>Registration makes more sense given a handful of recent examples of collateral damage hurting bystanders
>manageable number of characters
>it doesn't blow up into a 2-3 month long clusterfuck with a big battle
>characters stay in character
>there's actually sort of themes and ideas

Comics was shit so was movie.

Wanda's send off to Vision in the compound was pretty good and pointed out the core difference between them, even though they seemed to be on the same page in their prior scene
"I can't control their fear, only my own"

The other one was "MY FATHER MADE THAT SHIELD"

Movie easy, MCU>616 as a whole actually.

That's more due to the sheer length that 616 has been going on for. MCU at least feels sort of cohesive within each phase

The comic is one of the most overrated/fucked events in recent memory. The only good part was Cap turning himself in because of the damage he realized he was causing.

The movie actually handled the debate better, while keeping everyone in character

I'm shipping trash so Vision's "For them to see you as I do" got me all fuzzy.

Movie was fucking trash.
Iron Man is the only good MCU movie

>The only good part was Cap turning himself in because of the damage he realized he was causing.
except that's shit too because it's Millar realizing he doesn't know how to resolve the conflict, or how to actually make Cap the bad guy like he wanted to

That reminds me, what was Peter's reasoning for joining Ironman's side other than Cap's in the movie? Did he know the full story?

>what was Peter's reasoning for joining Ironman's side
"senpai noticed me"

>The only good part was Cap turning himself in because of the damage he realized he was causing.

But that was one of the worst character moments in the comic. He just suddenly gives up with tears in his eyes? What a fucking load of bullshit. Especially since up to that point everything was forced just to try and make that forced outcome.

>but it's much better than the majority of events.

Yeah, I said that above. But that's not saying much and is more of an indictment of how shitty Marvel became after Civil War. Yes, Civil War is better than AvX and Civil War 2 and all those other shitfests, but characters' motivations and decisions make no sense just for the sake of spectacle. You don't notice it because Millar is good at keeping the story going unlike everyone else that came after.

Tony blackmailed him and told him all sorts of unflattering things about Cap
No, really, that's it.
Also the fact that Super Heroes are celebrities in this workd

Love how Capfags are so butthurt over Spidey being team Ironman instead of team Captain America.

it was #2 in IGN's Top 25 Captain America Stories

I'm not butthurt I'm just curious, didn't want to rewatch to get my answer.

Ultimate Alliance 2.

>IGN
>having taste

>He worships Tony Stark
>Stark figured out his secret
>Stark probably convinced him that Captain America went rogue
>This Peter is like 15 or something

All that tells me is Steve has no good stories.

He just found out Bucky killed his mum and that cap knew about it. It makes sense he wouldn't be acting the most logicly

More like IGN has no taste

>Look kid. There's a lot going on here that you don't understand.
>Mr. Stark said you'd say that ...
>Stark tell you anything else?
>That you're wrong. You think you're right. And that makes you dangerous.

You would only think that if you think IGN is any believable barometer of quality

You think his stark boner will die after infinity war? He's become a little more independent after homecoming.

True, it was a shitty resolution. I just give it minor points because of Cap's self realization, if handled poorly. Peter flip flopping/revealing his identity, Stark deputizing villains, and the entire reason the registration act kicked off were more offensive to me

Movie, no contest.

>entire reason the registration act kicked off were more offensive to me
That one random woman who kept encouraging Tony to continue was so fucking irritating. Like bitch who are you? Why the fuck are people listening to you?

The ONLY thing that was better in the comic is Spider-Man's story arc and back in black that was mostly told in his comic. Even that was tainted by OMD. Civil War was trash and it was still the best event marvek has had in the last 11 years.

You know it is truly amazing how bad Civil War 2 is, almost like it's an achievement trying to outdo the original. At least the first conflict had an argument to it, CW2 was just Carol and Tony dragging everyone into their slap fight

Wanted says hi

the Wanted comic is horrendous, the movie is mildly less awful

>What is Annihilation
>What is Annihilation: Conquest
>What is Secret Wars (2015)

Don't even fucking bullshit me about Secret Wars. That entire event and it's tie ins was fun as fuck.

>the movie is mildly less awful
As someone who only saw the movie, I refuse to believe this.

Oh user, you have no idea.

that's how bad the comic is

Oh, dude, you have no idea. If you thought the movie was edgy, the comic transcends edge.
This literally the last page of the comic. I am not fucking kidding.

>What is Secret Wars (2015)
good build up, shit event
you're right about the other two

At least the Wanted comic is memorable. Wanted the movie is nothing.

Nobody acts on logic and understanding when they watch their parents get beaten to death.

Look at him; this is not the face of someone beholding something that they can process in the moment with clarity.

Yeah for all the problems Civil War had, Tony saying "I don't care. He killed my mom." was some of the most believable acting I've seen from RDJ, and if I was in Tony's shoes I'd absolutely be out for blood as well.

I don't remember anything about the Wanted comic other than a vague outline of the plot and the last page because it gets posted all the time

I absolutely adore the final fight. Everything about it is executed insanely well.

Movie had a coherent plot and tight character arcs for Tony and Steve. The comic didn't.

You probably think the fight could be avoided if Bucky just apologized.

Iron was always the best part of the MCU. Why do you think Tony's in 4 movies aside from his own?

You know I'd really hate to drag BvS into this and inadvertently start company-war nonsense, but Civil War did a far better job of handling the hero vs hero thing. Despite BvS's entire premise being the title bout of all bouts, the actual encounter felt lifeless, and devoid of any actual weight to it.

As much as people may criticize there being so many/a constant stream of MCU movies, it does help to develop characters and their relationships.

BvS gave us a Superman that we hardly know, clashing with a Batman that both Superman and us the viewer didn't know and had only just met. CW gave us a Captain America who we knew, coming to blows with an Iron Man, that we also knew.
But more then just that, we'd seen Cap and Stark interact. We'd seen them not only challenge each other in points of view and beliefs, but also stand side back to back and fight together.

I'm sort of on the opposite side.
I think BvS actually did a brilliant job of setting up the conflict between Batman and Superman (in the extended edition I mean), and showing the ideological differences between the two. I think Civil War kinda flubbed that particular idea, and the arguments they had never really felt like complete ideas.

On the other hand, I agree that the actual fight between Batman and Superman didn't have nearly the emotional intensity as Cap vs Iron Man.

I was a huge Cap fan when I watched this movie, and went in specifically hoping I'd get more ammo against Ironfags, and ended up leaving the theater feeling Stark and Bucky were the most tragic and sympathetic characters of the film and that Cap was kind of a reckless retard.

...Not the feeling I expected to walk away from the theatre with, honestly.

That was honestly the most believable part of the movie, considering he just watched his family get terminator'd.

It was part "senpai noticed me!" and part "senpai's trying to stop this guy from breaking the law with a wanted fugitive (which he most definitely was) and assassin (technically also true, just not in the case of the scenario at hand,) and I gotta make a good impression. I mean, he saved me from a hammer drone that one time, right?"

To be fair, Stark himself has absolutely no reason to believe that Bucky was innocent at the time nor that Cap was advocating for him for any reason beyond clinging to his own past, and he DID just save two agents from the Winter Soldier at the risk and near loss of his own life (plus injury he actually DID suffer and fought through during the airport battle) very shortly before that fight. Hell, even Cap really didn't have any reason to believe Bucky outside of things he could personally percieve about him, meaning team Stark's distrust of Cap's mission was kind of justified, given the information they were privy to.

>Tony blackmailed him
I mean, he was going to tell Aunt May something she should probably know as his guardian...

I cannot vilify Stark for that threat. If Spider-man is ready to fight hard crime and catch moving vehicles at the risk of his own life, he's ready to web-up wanted fugitives that'll probably be a lot merciful than the average everyday gangster in preparation for some actual superhero-ing with genuine benefits, support, and guidance from a man ready and willing to give it.

What undermines the entire fight is Clark's half assed attempt to explain the situation, and the resolution being a dumb name drop that has been widely regarded as a joke

>>What is Annihilation
>>What is Annihilation: Conquest

My nigga