Would Sup Forums be happy with a Marvel/Star Wars shared Universe?

Would Sup Forums be happy with a Marvel/Star Wars shared Universe?

>Both are owned by the same company.
>And both wouldnt effect the other. Because both take place in other Universes or well Galaxies. So both can co exist together.

Why not? Star Wars is dead to me anyway

>And both wouldnt effect the other
This makes it both pointless and stupid.
MCU already has a lot of cosmic stuff yet to be explored, Star Wars is about played out creatively.
Stop making shitty threads please.

It'll likely happen one day.

>played out creatively?

user, have you watched modern Star Wars?

star wars part of every things canon

it happened a long time ago in a galaxy far far away....

so it happened so far away and so long ago that it doesnt matter.

>both can co exist together
More like Sup Forums exist together!

...get out

I don't see why not star wars happened a long long time ago.

I’m suprised no one has even tried to pitch this idea, though I doubt Kathleen would approve since she has an iron grip on it and doesn’t know how to handle it but a MU meets ST set in the OT would be interesting just imagine Death Star encounters Galatcus, Thanos of Doom meets Palpatine and Vader fights Captain America

Remider that everything we see in Star Wars happened a long long time ago, the galaxy of Star Wars might not harbour life anymore

>And both wouldn't effect the other
If Star Wars wasn't dead yet, I would argue with you about how crossovers are still canon and still ruin both franchises is written horribly. And how crossovers are retarded in the first place.

>you actually wrote that

>Would Sup Forums be happy

>And both wouldnt effect the other.
Then why bother putting them in the same Universe? In fact, other than Disney saying so, if they never effected each other, how would we even know they WERE in the same continuity?
Think it through before you post, user.

No since the MCU is a nice fun consistent universe thanks to based Kevin Feige and I don't want it contaminated with NuWars which is getting run right into the fucking ground by autism.

user.

Two different Galaxies in different time periods. Sharing a universe. Not everything means they have to be crossover. They can just be there.

>Marvel and Star Wars merge
>Doomwank ascends to a new level as Doom masters both the light, and dark side of the force

I'd like to see it. The shit posting would be priceless.

>Stark fucks up even more
>falls prey to the Dark Side and genocides entire alien races
>wipes his brain at the end of the story and proclaims he “dindu nuffin”

I would unironically prefer that over the sequels. Give me a Darth Vader/Doctor Doom team-up.

>Feige gets relative unknowns to direct his movies for indie cred/plausible deniability if it tanks
>people like Taika Waititi, James Gunn, Russos

>Kathleen Kennedy tries the same thing
>Gets JJabrams to write half a preamble, then gives it to Rian Johnson and says "do literally whatever you want"
>he does just that
>everyone is horrified
Put Feige in charge of Star Wars

>Doom?
>Not Magneto.

*blocks your path*

Nah Star wars sucks

By the logic of the second greentext, it shouldn't be thrown together in the same universe because there would be no reason to if neither can effect each other.

The new ones, yes.

No, because TLJ was the worst movie of the past five years and I don't want Kathleen's grubby hands anywhere near the MCU. Say what you want about the marvel movies, but at least they have a somewhat consistent quality. TLJ was straight up abysmal.

No, user, you don't understand. I don't want a crossover. I'm confused as to what, exactly, you are proposing in this hypothetical.

Let's say they do this. But the two IPs never interact. How would the audience even know they share a continuity? If one never shows up in the other, isn't that the same as we have now?

Two different galaxies in two different time periods "just being there" would look exactly like two separate IPs - what would they do differently to make them "Two different Galaxies in different time periods. Sharing a universe"?

I'm genuinely curious to know what you are envisioning, because it sounds like we could just say the movies right now share a universe at different times and there wouldn't be any issues.

How do you define that? 7, 8 and the side stories? 1-3? Or the original trilogy era? With cartoons, TV specials and the Holiday Special? Or do we only count things within the original three movies? Like ewoks?

Star Wars has only ever been, at best, an interesting setting, which a number of people have been able to tell good stories in. That does not preclude all the bullshit that already exists in it.

>Would Sup Forums be happy with a Marvel/Star Wars shared Universe?
Nah, but I wouldn't mind if a Star Wars easter-egg turning up in a cosmic Marvel movie/comic.

There are a coupe of ways to do it.

1. Make the Empire part of Marvel Space. They'd be in good company as you can't swing a dead cat in Marvel Space without hitting a despotic space empire. They're like the Marvel version of lantern corps.

2. Really go for that "Long ago in a Galaxy Far, Far away" bit and place Star Wars in the distant past of Marvel. It would sort of be like in the 70's where Guardians of the Galaxy and Kilraven took place in the future of Marvel.

Crossovers either happen through time travel or by elements of the universes showing up in each time period. Dr. Strange has a story where he explores the Force. Tarkin and Vader have to deal with Galactus eating Imperial planets. Shi'ar and Kymellians show up in crowd shots in Star Wars. Stuff like that.

>Easter Eggs. Lots and lots of Easter Eggs.

>Tarkin and Vader have to deal with Galactus eating their planets
>The entire story is about looking at how the Empire manages their galaxy, evacuating worlds and resetting populations and balancing the economy in the wake of Galactus feeding.
>They don't actually try and fight Galactus. He's treated like the invincible force of nature that he is. The story is about them dealing with that.

Fuck. This sounds like it could actually be a cool story.

if (true) op.fag=true

>Thanos conquers the Empire and erases the Rebellion with the Infinity Gauntlet.
What a shitty concept, OP.

>MU meets ST set in the OT

No

Rey should find Cap's shield and Episode 9 is Infinity War 2

I wouldn't mind. Though, I don't think Lucasfilms will agree.

I mean, didn't DC wanted to use Vader and they refused?

>Sup Forums
>happy
This morons can't even understand the word "fun"

Don't you have some 7th grade science homework to be finishing user?

>DC wanted to use Vader
Wait, seriously? Why this wasn't allowed?

Technically in the 70s/80s, they were.

So was transforners and g.I.joe and battlestar galactica and alf.

Think about it: snake eyes, wolverine, han solo, starbuck AND alf could have all starred in a crossover.