What does Sup Forums think of Books of Magick?

I just finished reading this (oddly appropiate since today's news) and I gotta say, this is probably the most Vertigo-ish "mature book" I've ever read.
Everything, from the way violence is handled, to the vocabulary to the themes screams "late 90's Vertigo", and yes I know this came out way later. It's hard to explain, but the whole thing just seems way too much of a Gaiman wannabe.

Not gay enough, needs more gay.

wut

It will always have a very special place in my heart due to nostalgia from reading it as an adolescent in the early 2000s. I will always love it for that reason.

That being said the later issues of the original series were all over the place in quality. I couldn't stand Tim a lot of the time for driving away all the people who care about him.

Poor Leigh, poor Molly, poor Joh.

Original story > First 2 or 3 tpb of the original series > Hunter: The Age of Magic >>>>> Rest of the original series > Life During Wartime

>oddly appropiate since today's news

huh?

Here

They announced an entire Sandman line, curated by Gaiman. There's going to be a new Books Of Magic series too.

Oh cool.

Is life the post series? Because that was awful. It had gays.

Life during wartime is an alternate universe of Tim as a 20 year old.

It has almost nothing to do with any of the other series.

Oh, neat. Are they ever gonna finish publishing fucking trades for the first fucking series?

it's been a while I didn't realize it was an alternate universe.

Bump

its awful.
it sucked when neil gaiman was writing it. it sucked after neil gaiman. books of magick sucks

No one bought the first reprint so now they aren't continuing

I was very disappointed to learn that the dark haired girl and the punk dude weren't AU versions of Zee and John and instead OCs, while they went through a more boring, typical route with the former two.

Has Si Spencer written anything good?

> Dean Ormston on art

So is this a mini or is Black Hammer going to be ending soon?

This came out years ago.

Oh I thought it was for the new Sandman line

Si Spencer and Si Spurrier should work together already.

It's the original Tim stuck in in two alternate realities

>Si Spencer
fugg, I always mix these two up. Which one is the bloke who came from 2000ad?

Both actually.
Spencer made "Harke & Burr" and Creep for Dredd.

Spurrier did way more 2000AD stuff from what I can see on his wikipedia page