THE QUIPFEST NEVER ENDS

THE QUIPFEST NEVER ENDS

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/movies/2018/03/01/captain-marvel-screenwriter-teases-sassy-smartass-carol-danvers/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social
imdb.com/title/tt1365519/
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_200
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>But she wants fans to know that her interpretation of the character is rooted in the DNA of the Captain Marvel comics: “That’s not just me inventing that,” she continues. “Carol Danvers is one of the funniest comic book characters. She’s so sassy, she’s such a smartass, she won’t take sh— from anyone, and the comic books do an amazing job at capturing that voice, and it was important that the entire Captain Marvel creative team [kept to that].”

ew.com/movies/2018/03/01/captain-marvel-screenwriter-teases-sassy-smartass-carol-danvers/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

>Carol Danvers is one of the funniest comic book characters.
t. Doesnt read comics

Can we just stop capeshit? Like, just end it. No more.

No more.

a real laugh riot

It was pretty funny when she was a raging alcoholic.

>all marvel films will forever be comedys first formost and little to no actual superhero action

This is the future you chose.

It's what the people want

I dunno, I mean her continued existence is pretty much a big joke.

Its almost like superhero comics have a lot of jokes or something

we literally just had Black Panther

This

God forbid a fucking COMIC book movie be funny

You losers are the reason we have to deal with DC

They don't.

And Infinity War is only a couple months away

Man, how do you think the fate of capeshit films would have changed if Iron Man 2 or 3 focused on Tony's alcholism and how it was destroying his life in and out of the suit?

Bait.

>Ladderbro
>bait
Gee, ya think?

>It's what the people want?

Infinity War will have NuThor, GotG, Spider-Man and Ant-Man involved. It's going to be the ultimate joke fest.

Reminder DC makes billions yearly.

It also has the Russos working on it it's going to be serious with maybe a couple jokes to lighten the incredibly dark mood

Sup Forums THE WHINING NEVER ENDS

Wanna know how I can tell the only movies you watch are capeshit ones?

Reminder Time Warner wants to sell it off for being a massive failure

Civil War wasn't serious. All the moments of tension were broken by quips or movie references.

yaaas

Because I know what I'm talking about

1/10

Except for Black Panther's father's death, Tony finding out about his parents, and many other scenes in the movie

I remember when the DChumps had at least the hope of a good movie, and didn't permanently dwell in Marvel threads.
Alas, I do not think we will ever see those times again.
Forever more reduced to barking at good things as they are passed by.

>DChumps
Enjoy your ban.

I'm sure your safe space exists somewhere, babby.

>imdb.com/title/tt1365519/
>Writers: Geneva Robertson-Dworet (screenplay by)
Now I admit I dunno how much, if any, input the writer has in casting, but...this is a bad sign for Captain Marvel.

Flaming is against the rule, old chum.

Reminder MCU needs comedy and to buy and force in new characters to try to stay relevant.

She doesn't have a body of work to judge, just a lot of upcoming movies.

By IM3 it was already too late. Avengers started all this, and by a process of flanderization the movie are overall moving towards full comedy status.
Truly this is the darkest timeline.

>Carol Danvers is one of the funniest comic book characters
What did she mean by this?

Indeed

>She’s so sassy, she’s such a smartass, she won’t take sh— from anyone
Sounds like a unlikable hypocrite, don't dish out what you can't take.

Well they abandoned all hope when they saw what was coming

Come on dude that was pretty fucking good.

There have been more deleted threads for movie shitposting than for telling people how badly they need to find a life.
And more bans handed out for pretending to be a janitor's assistant than for anything.

Whereas DC has just given up and accepted death

No it wasn't. Blatant shitposts aren't worth the time of the day.

Those are the only 2 you can name and they were also followed by humorous scenes.

Except you weren't telling people to "find a life", you were very blatantly flaming and baiting people into giving you (You)s.

Pretty sure Aquaman is still coming out this year kiddo

>Carol Danvers is one of the funniest comic book characters
Remember that time she got drunk and shot lockjaw? Good times.

>caring about shithuman filth

>WHY ARE COMIC BOOK MOVIES COMICAL?

Thanks for admitting you give up.

Carol isn't funny herself but the last few runs have put her in comedic situations like the super hero dating app or that show based on her life. But I don't think she is ever the one making jokes.

Their only alternative was to bury it somewhere like the E.T. game cartridge.

I look forward to your asshurt when it success like WW did

Will she have a lesbian lover who will betray her at the end? I had a vision about this

Does anyone even like sassy white girls? They just come off as bitchy.

I'm so fucking tired of this console wars nonsense. So fucking tired.

Tumblr loves them which is also where Carol’s “”””fanbase”””” is.

I'm sure it will have a strong two months given all the massive support Jason Mamoa movies traditionally receive.

I mean, Not-Dwayne Johnson has literal hordes of fans and shit.

Snyderfags And Ladderbro/MCUcks need to fuck off. I do not give a shit about the movies and never have. I care about the comics and the cartoons.

>I'm so fucking tired of this console wars nonsense. So fucking tired.
You say this while specifically coming into an obvious Company Wars bait thread.

So I don't believe you.

Shame. I was hoping she'd be something other than quip queen. Like more of a Captain America type character.

Don't forget all the people who fell in love with his character during Justice League

>He says, bumping the thread once again.

>sassy
>smartass
>doesn't take shit
>funny
That's a nice way of saying that she's an angry, unlikable bitch who makes everyone around her miserable. And I admit, the jokes we make at Carol's expense always make for the best threads.

But I'd rather have Generic Quip Lady than the bland, stick-up-her-ass Carol that just sort of floats around and messes things up without purpose.

He has a lot of female fans and Wan has a good track record. No Snyder at least.

He sure fucking stopped the shit out of that water.

I want a drunken murderous why is this person even a hero movie.

>Could have used a far better character and even score extra muh diversty points
>Use Carol Blanders instead

How is this a company wars thread? I guess you can't say anything bad about either company if you don't want to "bait" people, is that it? Just be a nice little sheep and eat up everything thrown your way.

Dumb frogposter

>Implying
Sage all day every day baby. Not that it means anything considering what a shithole Sup Forums is these days, this thread will be kept alive by retards.

>t. Asshurt company Wars fag
Go discuss your Snyder “”kino”” and MCU “fun” on

Outside of a Fast and Furious movie, James Wan is known for movies that make half of what JUSTice League brought in (on the high side).

It's a shame that Mamoa's "hueg fanbase" hasn't shown up for his other films then.

I wish they ran with this in her newer runs. Just like, have her deal with the trauma or something. Because it's been like 40 years, and people are still horrified by that story.

>How is this a company wars thread?
> LEL ANOTHER QUIPFEST!
It's clear you aren't pretending to be this dumb.

I WANT A SASSY BECAUSE SHE'S DRUNK CAROL!!!

What story?

Only the beardiest comic grogs are even aware that story exists.
It's less well-known than Supergirl's flying horse.

>one of the funniest comic book characters
That's the funniest sentence of the year.

I wish they'd write a character who demonstrates strength by overcoming obstacles and personal flaws, and growing as a person in the process. Instead, we'll get the "sassy, smartass" archetype, aka every 20-year old basic person who has no insights beyond "this thing modern society dislikes is BAD." And her struggle/problem to overcome will probably be "I tried to fix something and my plan failed, woe is me, let me try again with some quirky help (but changing essentially nothing in my approach)." Insert some vague theme about how men are backwards, just kidding, everyone is backwards, but really men are pretty backwards come on its's 2018.

Bleh, I know it's a fucking cape film and it's not supposed to be deep, but that won't stop people from heralding it as some symbol of progress, no matter what it ends up like.

More people are aware of the existence of Terry Long than Carol's incesty backstory.
It's like saying you couldn't make a Teen Titans movie because audiences would be too horrified by Terry's existence in comics.

Can you give me a quick rundown? Curious about the trauma. I only know a few Marvel characters well.

>Bleh, I know it's a fucking cape film and it's not supposed to be deep, but that won't stop people from heralding it as some symbol of progress, no matter what it ends up like.
So you base your opinion of films and other media on what the stupidest people parrot on the Internet?

Please be a drunk please be a drunk please be a drunk

Think Phillip J Fry and his Grandmother, only backwards?

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_200

Esentially she was raped and she eloped with her rapist.

I'm not saying that the idea shouldn't be done, or that it's popular or anything. I'm just saying that it's still infamous (though relatively obscure) even now. It's the most interesting thing that's happened to her character.

>Infamous (though relatively obscure)

wasn’t she dealing with some advanced form of cancer or something in one of her runs? I thought that was what you were referring to than the incest. I wonder if that will be in the movie.

Carol gives birth to her own rapist, who also tampered with her mind to make her love him.

You know what I mean. It's not THAT well-known, but it still gained attention for being bad.

there are plenty of other reasons why you couldn't make a Teen Titans movie

A few positives about this movie
>Carol doesn't have the dyke haircut
>It can't possibly be worse than her recent comics
>Kree vs Skrull conflict
Now all we need is Carol being a booze hound

Wow and they say DC only does messed rape stories

Name 3.