Is this worth getting into?

Is this worth getting into?

Yes

It's fucking great mate

It's not uuuu.

So fucking yes

Good shit

Super Soy? Soy-per Man?

One of the top two books DC is currently publishing.

It has a relatively original story, quality writing, interesting twists on characters, while expanding the DC universe in a way that doesn’t shit on the old, but still has purpose.

So yes.

>Kenan
>Soy
pic related is his defining moment for me

This is hot.

>Tall but not in that freaky way like Yao Ming

kek

Is the other one RHatO?
Because if it isn't you're wrong

The costume inspiration.

Kikkoman already has a superhero.

soyperhero

kinda sad that people would rather talk shit about america and gabby than talk about kenan and gene.

"live on in infamy" kind of deal.

yes
Chinese and Dark trinities are only worthwhile Rebirth books

No because Bendis will reach out to him

People are talking about S brand soy sauce. Great for any comic fan's kitchen.

>RHatO
>top
It's mediocre

I hate that you may be right.

You shut the STFU up

Yup. And this is from someone who typically hates Capeshit.

Definitely dude. One of the best things DC has ever put out. It intially was sold as some SJWmarvel sttyle reboot but that didn't do it justice at all because it's the opposite. It's how you do a legacy character raised up in a different culture without even having to take away from and even ADDING TO the original Superman's mythos and family.

Kenan's pretty cool, my only beef with the book is that I wish we'd see more Superman stuff in it and more of Kenan and Kal hanging out. I'd like to see more martial arts mixed in. I want their to be a Bruce Lee/Imp Man relationship with Superman and the New Superman.

These needs an update mentioning America's cancelation and New Super-man's succesful transition into a team book as the Justice League of China.

still yes

super-man = kenan
superman = kal

kenan & kal

>Aquaman of North Korea.

>A superhero simpsons shitposter
He's only been in one issue so far and he's already best boy.

Yeah, it's not even that long so you don't have much of an excuse to not get into

Kek, never noticed that

Is Red Son good too?

>this will never happen to me

just impale me with a krytonite spear m8

It's mediocre.

Red Son is good, but it's not an ongoing story. It was a three issue self contained.

APOLOGIZE

I need to catch up on some issues, but I'm glad Arthur finally has a counterpart

Enjoy it while it lasts, because you know Benis is going to do some SHIT to him.

Who loves orange soda? Kal El loves orange soda.

Yes, especially when you realize Omen’s plan from the start wasn’t copying american supers for the sake of copying them, but realizing the power of hypersigils and tapping into that power in some cases directly and in others indirectly for the power of their story.

It's alright. If you want to get into DC but want a self contained run, this is a good candidate since you don't need to read any other title to know what is going on.

Is there miscegenation in this comic?

There's some human on snake action.

t. slam bradley

Fuck

FUCK

but he is not on this superman.

You'll only find it the best comic ever made if you started reading comics in the past decade and don't recognize Yang as a wildly overrated borderline hack.

Pray tell who isn't a
>wildly overrated borderline hack
in your book?

Hasn't stopped him before.

Pretty much no one who has written anything for the big two in the past five years.

but one of the key elements of new superman is that he is written by foreigners that understand what the hell they are writing about. DC might be dumb, but it won't put bendis to write someone like Kenan.

YES

It's been going downhill since the smart Bizarro arc started

It was never initially sold as SJW nor as a Marble imitation along those 'diversity' line. THAT's just that initial response here when the Rebirth books were first solicited - there's absolutely no press nor mention anywhere about 'diversity' or anything social justice or 'creating'/'providing' for diverse/new/underserved/unserved audiences in any of the conversations before the first issue launch.

That said, I do agree with you that there should be a bit more Superman stuff in there, or some stuff with Kara and/or Jon (not together, necessarily) but I also think it was important for the book to be its own thing.

The first is there in blue text, the second isn't really mentioned the same way you did but it's also there in blue text on the right side.

Every. Fucking. Time.

There's a severe lack of Wonder-Woman art

WONDER-BAT WONDER-BAT WONDER-BAT WONDER-BAT WONDER-BAT WONDER-BAT WONDER-BAT WONDER-BAT

Ah well I'm still at issue 13

>THAT's just that initial response here when the Rebirth books were first solicited - there's absolutely no press nor mention anywhere about 'diversity' or anything social justice or 'creating'/'providing' for diverse/new/underserved/unserved audiences in any of the conversations before the first issue launch.

... Dude I clearly remember reading articles with those exact headlines.

"MOVE OVER WHITE SUPERMAN THERE IS A NEW SUPERMAN!"

It wasn't DC explicitly but the journalists themselves doing what they normally do. They didn't understand the book either.

No, it's Deathstroke.