Why was Moebius so important?

Why was Moebius so important?

Cause he was a pretentious french fuck who did basic bitch art but because he was french and made a comic book, obviously hes the vest comic book artist ever.

because he was very diverse and flexible in his art

cause he was the very best at what he did, and what he did was good
he was part of a whole generation of artists who succeeded to make good adult comics for a relatively large audience, and amongst them the most technichally skilled

did (you) know it's good for your health to delete stupid posts ?

You like aliens? Star Wars? Ghibli films? Modern scifi-fantasy comics and movies?

He pretty much directly or indirectly influenced all of them.

Confirmed for not knowing a single thing.

I know about that, I'm asking why.
Why exactly is he such a legend and an inspiration for so many people? I think I understand part of it but I want to see what others have to say.

what about Druillet ?

Simply cause hes a french fuck

Probably because he was so prolific and approachable. He got involved with projects and was generally wanted for them.
Then he also responded to people who enjoyed his art.

artist on the left ? taiyo matsumoto ?

epic

Makoto Kobayashi.

He's actually part of why I'm asking that.
Moebius is obviously a legend, and there are some other artists like Bilal or Christien and Mézières who were important too. But there are other artists like Druillet who were in the same wave and were doing very interesting things too but aren't as inspirational or well remembered.
That's a good answer, thanks.
Makoto Kobayashi who did Dragon's Heaven.

I should clarify. Dragon's Heaven Kobayashi, not What's Michael? Kobayashi.

He also hung around famous directors and collaborated with them in the 1970s and 80s, so film buffs were drawn to his stuff as well, widening his sphere of influence

Sup Forums dont care about artists like Moebius. Hell, i never see a thread talking about Alex Toth and he's not french.

>Japan got a popular European artist to do the cover
>Europe got pic related
Why?

Because he kind of kickstarted the whole idea of "breaking the mold" of comic books in the late 60s in France. It's a bit hard now to really see how formatted everything was before that.
Moebius was among the ones who really took a jab at norms of the medium whether visual, narrative or even editorial.
One of the things that made him perhaps more influential than say a Druillet or Lob is how versatile he was, and thus how he could show that things could be done differently in many genres and tones.
Sure other innovators also have quite a large influence all things considered (Gotlib and Bretecher broke the taboos of what could be done in terms of humor and exactly how abrasive you could be and in Bretecher's case I'm convinced her scribbly artstyle and weird pacing are a pretty big reference in today's wave of SOL semi-autobiographical comics, Fred kept pushing for stories based on high-concept which used to be quite a red flag, Druillet rebuilt page layout from scratch because why not) but they were not as prolific or versatile as Moebius had been, which ultimately is why he might be the better known name.

Not sure at all but it might be because publishers in France do like exclusivity contracts and stuff like that so he could have found himself having the possibility to have his art used for the japanese version but a publisher had the rights to diffusion of his work in french-speaking Europe and would not have allowed the art to be used for the european release as it's just one version for the whole PAL area.
No idea if that's actually the case but it really sounds like something that could have happened. That sort of publishing shenanigans isn't that rare.